April 19, 2014 | 1880 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Maybelline - Clean Express! Waterproof Eye Make Up Remover Ultra Gentle

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 6:32:00 AM More reviews by Mabelline13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased liquid version of the remover and I was pretty shocked in how well it worked. I've never had good luck with eye makeup removers, so this on was AMAZING! I use it to take off waterproof mascara (Maybelline Colossal), I use cotton balls to take it off and I use about 2 per eye, but my eyelashes are usually somewhat thick. It does take awhile for it to come off because of my thick eyelashes. The formula is oily, like it supposed to be, but not too oily, it dries pretty quick. I have sensitive eyes, and the remover didn't affect my eyes in any sort of way. I just finished a bottle and I've had it since June, but that it because I don't use waterproof mascara everyday. So if you use it 3-4 times a week, it'll last you for a good while. I bought it at Target for $3.99, but I've recently seen that they raised the price to $4.99, but I still think it's worth it. The packaging is also very cute, as you've probably seen it's a pink bottle with a clear white cap, which really catches your eye. Overall, I DO recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This stuff is AWESOME! It is a water-based gel, not a liquid, and has sort of a similar texture to aloe vera gel (that's the best way I can think of to describe it). Because it isn't a liquid it doesn't run into eyes and sting them, which is wonderful! It feels sort of cool on skin, wipes off makeup pretty easily (it's not a single swipe but it's not really more than two swipes) and doesn't sting at all. It feels as gentle as it is described to be aka ultra gentle. I seriously love this formula. It even has a little bit of a clean smell to it but not chemical-ly at all. I also like the packaging, which looks great (pink bottle with clean writing) and distributes just the right amount of the remover on a cotton round. The product pouring hole is just big enough to be able to dip a q-tip down into it, which is genius. Seriously, look no further for an eye makeup remover, this is THE BEST.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

I have these in the towelettes and it removes my heavy makeup instantly without rubbing. It easily removes mascara without leftover debris leving your face super clear. The towels are super soft and your face feels very moisturized after using. Great product and really does its job well!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by ichigocutie

This is my HG eye makeup remover. I only wear waterproof mascara to hold the curl of my stubborn lashes and this solution takes it all off. No tugging or pulling. I used to use extra virgin olive oil but I don't like the greasy feeling afterward. I will buy it again and again. I wish it comes in a bigger bottle since I go through it fairly quickly. All in all it's a great eye makeup remover,give it a try. Plus it's affordable,and cheaper than the neutrogena one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by chavelasaurus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dies a really nice job taking off hard mascara. Eyeliner is kind of tricky but it does a good job and it also makes my skin feel hydrated and clean after

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

A huge upgrade from their Expert Wear Eye Makeup Remover, Clean Express Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover likens to my favorite Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover in the feel of the formula. Both products gently, quickly, and properly remove all my eye makeup in no more than 2 applications for each eye and in under 3 minutes. They both claim to be oil-free, and they are in fact quite lightweight, but they do leave a very slight greasy residue that's easy to rinse off with water (I usually use a cleanser too for good measure).

However, there were a few things about the Maybelline makeup remover that I had issues with. I can't stand the tiny pin-hole opening in the cap that dispenses the makeup remover, because it takes forever to dispense the amount of product I need considering that product will start separating from itself after shaking. So I am constantly shaking the product before dispensing it. It can be an arm workout.

The other issue I have with this product is that it only took me a little over a month to use up the entire bottle. I do wear a modest amount of eye makeup almost everyday, but I find that the Neutrogena makeup remover of the same volume as this Maybelline bottle lasts me a longer time, at about 3 months. However, I find that pure olive oil and water are my best options as eye makeup removers, topping both Maybelline and Neutrogena. The Maybelline makeup remover was surprisingly nice compared to its Expert Wear predecessor, but it's not as effective or as conditioning as pure olive oil mixed with water, so I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by TristaJean

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very gentle, doesn't sting eyes as other makeup removers I've tried have done. It easily removes all my makeup. It leaves a pretty gross greasy feeling though. I wish you got more product for the cost. Packaging is cute, but small.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by habana

This is a really good nongreasy eyemakeup remover that will even remove waterproof mascara (but it takes a little extra work). I like that it doesn't burn my eyes like the neutrogena and almay makeup removers did.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by kiwiteddybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- did not burn eyes
- remove even waterproof mascara
- did not leave greasy residue
- dd not irritate skin
- non fragrant

Cons:
- takes a bit of work for heavy duty waterproof mascara

I often use this after my cleansing oil to make sure i got all my eye makeup off and it does the job of removing any residues from mascara and liner.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It doesn't completely wipe away my makeup in one swipe. Even though I still have to rub my eye area a bit it isn't as excessive as I've had to do before with other removers. I just the let the formula sit there for a few seconds and when I wipe most of my mascara is gone. Even when all I'm wearing is 3 coats of waterproof mascara, I usually have to go over my eye area 3 or 4 times. Sometimes using more product each time. Just to make sure its all gone.

It can get a bit greasy but nothing water can't get rid of. I love that its fragrance free and gentle on the eyes. This is one remover that hasn't burned, irritated, stung, left a film or given me momentary fuzzy and blind spots after using it. My eyes feel fine.

The packaging is cute, which is one of the reasons why I was attracted to it. But from how the bottle is designed and where the opening is positioned I noticed the remover will run down the sides and drip sometimes. No matter how carefully you try to pour it. Its a recipe for using more product then you might need. I like how the opening in the top is big enough to fit a Q-Tip down into the bottle. Which is great for fixing mistakes and getting rid of mascara residue under the eyes. Without having to use too much product. I hope they make this in bigger bottles because I can see myself running out by the end of the month.

I don't recommend extending this past your eyes though, it can get a bit greasy. I don't think it would work great as far getting into your pores and removing liquid foundation. I think you might get more bang for your buck with the 3-in-1 Makeup Removing Lotion.