April 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Powder - Eshiko Ultra High Definition Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2013 2:36:00 AM More reviews by kateezee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just wanted to say I'm with the people who also got ignored and banned from the Eshiko FB. I sent the item back to them at my own expense of course, and they refused to reply me. The phone number on their website also does not work. I still have not gotten my money back. If they didn't want to refund people, that's their call, but it's bad business to advertise the 100 day money back guarantee so blatantly and not keep to your word.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

*** There are many negative reviews on here and I believe this is due to the price not being worth it for a minimal effect on already good skin and also bad customer service experiences, HOWEVER if you like ME have a difficult skin type and have never found a decent powder before this will absolutely be worth it for you. In terms of cost and service, well I did not get mine from Eshiko's site, I got mine from gurumakeupemporium.com for £22.95 (I live in the UK so delivery costs were average, but they do ship worldwide).

I have very dry (often flaky)/ very oily combination skin. This powder is by far the least clingy I have ever tried (and I've tried a lot), it does not highlight dry areas and yet does not leave skin looking dull. The oil control literally lasts all day long if applied with a velour puff, and with a dusting via a brush the oil control lasts 6 hours (the longest oil control I've been able to get out of other powders with a velour puff). A little goes a long way, diffusing my large pores and on bare skin giving the blurring coverage of a tinted moisturizer.
I have very fair skin and this leaves no tint but I believe this could lighten dark skin if used as much as needed on oily areas for long lasting results, so mixing it with a small amount of powder of your own shade or with a yellow powder would counteract this potential effect.

Overall pro's:
-Great price when bought from gurumakeupemporium.com
-All day oil control if used with a velour puff
-6 hour oil control if used with a brush
-Matte but not flat!
-If you have not yet found a powder that works well on your difficult skin this will wow you
-Does not dry out my dry areas
-Hardly ever highlights flakyness, the least clingy powder ever
-Truly translucent
-Blurs pores
-Used alone it gives a coverage effect on a level with tinted moisturizers
-Very difficult to accidentally 'over powder' and if you somehow manage to its easily brushed off to remove the ghost look
-Does not break me out
-No irritants/ perfumes
-Looks ace in photographs, no flashback craziness at all

Overall con's:
-Pot it comes with is too small to house a velour puff of any size (I decanted my powder into an old pot that is big enough to house a large velour puff).
-You get 10g less than most powders for the same price, but the last 20g powder i owned I couldn't even finish, so this will last for ages.
-Deep skin shades that are oily, and therefore need a good layer of powder, may need to mix with a bit of yellow powder or a shade matching their own to prevent ashyness

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Am amazed this hasn't had thousands of rave reviews:

HD powder is HG: This HD face powder is far better than any other. and does everything and more than one could want from an HD face powder. My skin is almost transformed into that clear, soft skin of ten years ago, really. Makeup is usually ageing to the look of skin texture, this is the reverse.

Best for: setting powder, removing shine but keeping skin looking soft, young and real. Adding a radiance to the skin. People with acne as this powder sucks up oils. People with dry skin, it is non drying and does not feel one whit dry on the skin.

My skin: dead pale, very dry, some lines, uneven tones, not a pretty sight.

Powder is Translucent: it truly is, it is invisible on the skin - really invisible. Men, nuns and school girls could wear this and no-one would have a hint of suspicion. It looks white in the tub, despite this it is really so fine it is colourless on the skin and would suit any skin tone I suspect.

Texture of Powder: Silky, ultra fine, the finest I've ever felt or seen and I've used the 'best.'

Coverage: None and yet dark shadows around my eyes and marks and spider veins etc seem diminished, less noticeable with this powder.

Use: smooth over face with brush.

Result: Stunned - my pallid, uneven toned, dead looking skin with the odd spider vein, looks glowing with the luminosity of a pearl - but no shine. Nor does it look dead matt, and I mean that deathly unpleasant matt that I find dusty and decrepit looking, rather it is the matt of youthful skin straight after rinsing and towelling dry. My skin looks even toned and beautiful and unmade up. Lines are not erased but are not made more prominent like nearly all makeup does. Ruddy hell, that's no small miracle.

Duration between applications? Despite sahara dry skin, my nose still manages to look like an oil slick, but six hours after application I don't need to retouch. Usually, with Becca etc etc I need to retouch every two hours.
NB: I live in the UK, it's spring and 15 degrees celsius, so I expect to have to retouch more often when the weather heats up.

Packaging: Dreadful - merely because they put a paper sticker inside the pot to stop the powder being released before sale. However I tried I couldn't remove this sticker, and in the end managed to tear a tiny bit off one edge so revealing a few holes in the canister holding the powder, which allows me to get plenty out. They really should use a less powerful gum to hold this sticker in place.

Flashback: There are no flashback problems whatsoever when wearing this powder when one is going to be photographed.

Face powders I've used before : Becca pressed powder, Laura Mericer HD, Rimmel, YSL, Chanel, Johnsons Cornstarch Baby Powder.

Will I buy again? I'm giving a rave review because I'm amazed and would like others to benefit too. I'd buy a vat of it if I could. But I do think it's stupidly expensive for the amount one gets, 10mg, or half a plastic tub, but am assured this will last six months, we'll see, I have doubts and will report back. I would say if you're hesitating try this powder, if a natural finish of your powder matters to you.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Dianaphamfatale

I opened this product today and tested it out - it's actually not that bad, but it's not amazing either. It leaves a nice dewy glow. I like it. It's really really fine and it sets the make up well. I'm currently using it with my Christian Dior Hydra BB creme and it's setting it well. I advise to only use a very very small amount. Other than that, it's not the best but it's certainly not that bad.

EDIT: DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. I've finally come around and decided that this is a horrible product. I really wanted to like this product after watching a very well known make up artist on YouTube review it, but after trying it for a while, it did nothing for my face. The powder sits on top of your skin rather than giving you a silky finish. It's very, very matte - you might as well start wearing cornflour on your skin or something.

It's sitting on top of my make up shelf and I'm considering throwing it out, it's been so disappointing. Also, despite the company giving a guarantee on a refund if you don't like the product, they don't at all. They just ignore you. Never ever will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by ricaalava

Most recent update PLS READ: I sent a private message to eshiko's facebook fan page to be discreet on wanting to return their product but they have been ignoring me so I finally decided to post on their wall. I said "is there a way I can return this powder?" No badmouthing or whatever, seriously just a simple question. Guess what they did after? They ignored me AND banned me from posting anything else on their wall. Not even able to leave a comment on other peoples wall posts! Can I say rude and so untrue to their "100 day money back guarantee". Ugh. I will say it again, if you are willing to gamble your money on something that won't really do what it claims on their website and reviews, then give it a try but I am telling you, really a waste of money.

After trying this product 4 or 5 times, I finally accepted that it just doesn't do anything on my face. I badly wanted to love this powder but I can't say anything good about it. Even waiting for this to be shipped was a hassle.

I hope I can return this since on their website its says "100 day money back guarantee". If not, I will always think I coulv've spent that $29.50 on a MAC or MUFE powder instead. :|

Update: I have been trying to get a hold with the people from eshiko so I can return this powder but they are ignoring all my messages. They won't respond to my email Or facebook messages. I suggest, if you are not ready to give up your $30 on something that might not even work, don't buy it. Not worth the gamble.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/14/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by rockinyellowgurl

This is one of the products that I had very high hopes for but failed. FAILED.

First, packaging is horrible.
Second, it does nothing it claims.
Third, the company guarantee a refund if you were not 100% satisfied & they will not respond back. so I just wasted a lot of money for a worthless product. They have horrible customer service.

Overall, I would not ever purchase this stupid product. There are better products out there (and cheap too) that is way better than this.

I believe the the eshiko.com is a SCAM.

people please don't waste your money like I did.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product became known to me through a favorite You Tube Blogger who claims it's THE best powder on the planet. The product's own claim to fame is that it is 10 Nanometer Silica Spheres, which are so small it's almost like smoke (no particles). The packaging is terrible (and the delivery took forever) and I still can't really get the container open to use it correctly. Even my handy husband couldn't do it!!! The plastic sticky stuff covering the perforations is permanently STUCK. However, DH found some tool and punctured a couple of fairly large holes thru the sticky stuff. I am guessing it's old or damaged. The powder itself is VERY, VERY light and fine and VERY lovely and goes on evenly. It's is virtually invisible yet cuts shine and evens skin tone. Does not quite give the kind of total, miraculous looking coverage it appears to on the Eshiko website (at least from what I can get out of the container), but it's a clear, beautiful soft finish that is matte and ultra sheer and I would buy it again.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No