Michael Todd True Organics Blue Green Algae Toner

4.2

Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Organic Kelp) Extract, Aphanizomenon Flos Aquae (Organic Blue Green Algae) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hyaluronate (Hyaluronic Acid), Salix Nigra (Black Willowbark) Extract, Euterpe Oleracea (Acai Fruit) Pulp Powder, Sodium Chloride (Dead Sea Salt), Polysorbate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Essential Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Glucolactone, Citric Acid, Lavendula Angustifolia (Certifed Organic) Hydrosol.

on 8/26/2015 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I use this at night after my glycolic acid toner, when my skin is prepped and ready to take in a more hydrating product. After first use I immediately felt a difference in how much more nourished and hydrated my skin was, and the night after I noticed that inflammation was significantly reduced. After several more uses I have noticed that my skin is starting to feel less and less irritated from all the acne I have and much more balanced.

My breakouts have lessened as well, and Iím sure itís due to my increased water intake and stripping down my skincare routine to its basics, but Iím pretty confident that this toner has helped speed up the process. I mean, the ingredients pretty much speak for itself..

on 8/17/2015 10:57:00 AM

I switched to using this toner when I wanted to add something that would kill and prevent oils and germs from spreading on my face after I washed it. This toner doesn't dry out my skin and soaks in quickly. I like how my pores also reduce in size when I use this.

I use this toner after I have used face wash to cleanse my face. The toner feels very soothing and pleasant on the skin. The toner does help to provide additional cleaning. If there are any traces of makeup that are left behind, then the toner wipes it clean.

I usually need a few drops of the toner on my cotton wool to completely swipe on my face. The toner helps to make my skin feel very fresh and clean. The toner is recommended to use twice a day, but I have been using this toner primarily in my night-time routine. The toner provided a thorough cleaning of my face.

The toner contains blue-green algae for providing antioxidant and vitamin benefits to the skin. The toner does not provide all the anti-aging solution required. However, the advantage I did find while using this toner was that my skin pores were even. The toner also provides anti-bacterial benefits as it contains tea tree oil. So, if I have any bumps appearing on the skin, the toner act as a good protective measure.

on 2/17/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I saw several reviews of this toner on Youtube and decided to give it a try. It smells amazing - like lavender. I am used to other toners that sting and burn when you put them on your skin, and this didn't do that at all thankfully. The bottle lasted me forever - I used it every day for almost 6 months. As soon as I ran out of it my skin started breaking out, so time to buy another bottle and a back up!!

on 11/10/2014 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this toner is wonderful for cleaning out your pores at the end of the day. no matter how clean my skin feels, this toner is still able to take gunk out of my pores as it shows up on the cotton pad. this is great for me as i have oily skin and would like to make sure that my pores are not further clogged. it does not break me out either and i love its anti-bacterial properties.

on 8/6/2014 12:40:00 PM

I have been using this for a week and I like it. I have sensitive skin that breaks out if I introduce it to anything new, but this has reacted very well. The scent is a bit strong (that is why I took off a lippie). Other than that, I am interested in trying more products from this company!

on 4/8/2014 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I recently started trying out Michael Todd products and UGHH I AM IN LOVE!! This toner is one of my favorite products that I tried from this brand. At first, I didn't see much of a difference but I noticed I was getting less break outs and my pores looked a lot smaller. I'm guessing the anit-bacterial factor really helped prevent break outs and helped maintain clear pores. The only thing that turned me off about this product is the scent. It just smells really herbally and organic .. I eventually got used to it though. Definitely one of the best toners I have ever tried!

on 3/1/2014 2:30:00 AM

Amazing toner for acne prone skin. I don't think it actually helps my skin a lot, but I do think its antibacterial property helps with the pimple a little bit. It feels slightly tingle when I first try it, that feeling fades away quickly. I like to use it after I poped a pimple. I'll repurchase it if I don't find any toner that works better. ( it also made out of mainly aloe water which is amazing!)

on 2/5/2014 10:38:00 AM

What is most noticeable about this product is its strong smell. It smells a lot like witch hazel (not my favorite). I was hesitant to put it on my face because of this, but it actually is quite gentle and did not irritate my skin. I feel that my skin is softer after using this. It is too early to tell in terms of acne prevention (although currently I do not have any). I have to disagree, however, with the marketing on this product that it is a SUPER moisturizing product. Hardly at all. But I do not think that the point of a toner for acne is to really moisturize in the first place. This product deserves a solid four stars.

on 1/25/2014 11:01:00 PM

This stuff is awesome. Like someone else said, it works best to prevent breakouts from happening vs clearing old ones, BUT it does this so well, while also cleaning up any little dirt left behind overnight or the end of the day (I use this both times for good measure) - Essentially, if you have sensitive skin, it may sting a little, but in a "I'm working & doing my magic" kind of way and it goes away very quickly - It will also sting a little more after the use of makeup VS. a normal day at home without it, or for someone who doesn't use any heavy foundation. (Which again, imo, shows it's actually working) BUT if you still can't handle the sting, applying with less product will help a lot, though you may not get the same results.

Personally, I still break out here and there but the difference is that it's in a more "normal" way, whereas before it was a little excessive and difficult to manage. The product claims to moisturize but I find this minimal- though it does seem to normalize any flaking breakouts with the help of moisturizer. Also, a baby-smooth finish right after use is certainly probable.

My only con is that this will probably last me just under 2 months. (despite the large size bottle) ... As well as the dark packaging being very difficult to figure out how much you've got left/been using. Though this is my first "regular" toner that I've found worth continuing (I've tried maybe 3 or so altogether) so I'm not sure if that's normal...

And of course, the fact that it's almost 100% natural is really cool.

PS: The smell is a slightly medicinal/herbal lavender scent. Take that as you may :)