August 29, 2014 | 927 users online

Toners - Michael Todd True Organics - Blue Green Algae Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for a week and I like it. I have sensitive skin that breaks out if I introduce it to anything new, but this has reacted very well. The scent is a bit strong (that is why I took off a lippie). Other than that, I am interested in trying more products from this company!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by danilogan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

didn't do anything for my skin, actually made me breakout badly in places i have never ever before and even today (3 weeks after i stopped using their skincare) my skin feels and looks worse than it did before i started using their products. This toner smells a little weird, it did clean my face well its just a shame it broke me out BADLY and i do not recommend this to anyone.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by VeronicaVasquez

I can't really put my finger on what exactly it smells like, it's not bad but like odd.
Anyway i use this toner at night before bed it's refreshing and comes in a large bottle it lasts me forever which makes me happy because i don't like blowing money every other week to restock on products. Has really helped in the process of getting rid of my acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by RhondaGrl87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another step to my skin care routine is this toner i apply it on my face day and night after i wash my face. The smell has no special scent it doesn't smell bad nor good.

After putting it on my face feels refreshed and just clear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by donnahsueh

I recently started trying out Michael Todd products and UGHH I AM IN LOVE!! This toner is one of my favorite products that I tried from this brand. At first, I didn't see much of a difference but I noticed I was getting less break outs and my pores looked a lot smaller. I'm guessing the anit-bacterial factor really helped prevent break outs and helped maintain clear pores. The only thing that turned me off about this product is the scent. It just smells really herbally and organic .. I eventually got used to it though. Definitely one of the best toners I have ever tried!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

Amazing toner for acne prone skin. I don't think it actually helps my skin a lot, but I do think its antibacterial property helps with the pimple a little bit. It feels slightly tingle when I first try it, that feeling fades away quickly. I like to use it after I poped a pimple. I'll repurchase it if I don't find any toner that works better. ( it also made out of mainly aloe water which is amazing!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by alina08

What is most noticeable about this product is its strong smell. It smells a lot like witch hazel (not my favorite). I was hesitant to put it on my face because of this, but it actually is quite gentle and did not irritate my skin. I feel that my skin is softer after using this. It is too early to tell in terms of acne prevention (although currently I do not have any). I have to disagree, however, with the marketing on this product that it is a SUPER moisturizing product. Hardly at all. But I do not think that the point of a toner for acne is to really moisturize in the first place. This product deserves a solid four stars.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by beachsunlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This products has an earthy scent to me and I like it. After cleansing, I apply this with a cotton ball and my skin always has a certain glowy look about it, My skin is left soft and smooth and break out are at bay.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by beckaymc

This stuff is awesome. Like someone else said, it works best to prevent breakouts from happening vs clearing old ones, BUT it does this so well, while also cleaning up any little dirt left behind overnight or the end of the day (I use this both times for good measure) - Essentially, if you have sensitive skin, it may sting a little, but in a "I'm working & doing my magic" kind of way and it goes away very quickly - It will also sting a little more after the use of makeup VS. a normal day at home without it, or for someone who doesn't use any heavy foundation. (Which again, imo, shows it's actually working) BUT if you still can't handle the sting, applying with less product will help a lot, though you may not get the same results.

Personally, I still break out here and there but the difference is that it's in a more "normal" way, whereas before it was a little excessive and difficult to manage. The product claims to moisturize but I find this minimal- though it does seem to normalize any flaking breakouts with the help of moisturizer. Also, a baby-smooth finish right after use is certainly probable.

My only con is that this will probably last me just under 2 months. (despite the large size bottle) ... As well as the dark packaging being very difficult to figure out how much you've got left/been using. Though this is my first "regular" toner that I've found worth continuing (I've tried maybe 3 or so altogether) so I'm not sure if that's normal...

And of course, the fact that it's almost 100% natural is really cool.

PS: The smell is a slightly medicinal/herbal lavender scent. Take that as you may :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Rubymm

I love this it cleared ALL my pimples and acne up within two weeks or less and I love it!! It is a bit hard to get past the smell though but I can't live without this!!