September 23, 2014 | 1823 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Tarte - Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 12:22:00 PM More reviews by 602rachel

I love this it really helps with puffiness in the morning. It also hydrates really well and it doesn't sting my eyes which a lot of the eye creams do. Everyone's eyes are different I guess and apparently it bothers some people :(.The packaging doesn't bother me but the price is ridiculous. Eye creams are generally super expensive and this is a must have for me so I buy it anyway. This works best for me

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Heyitskristina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

FINALLY something that makes the skin around my eyes soft. It really does help alot with eye wrinkles and dark circles, unlike the eye cream from clinique i love it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I wanted to see what the whole maracuja hype was all about and went ahead and purchased a little sampler pack of this plus the maracuja oil. I didn't dislike either product, but didn't feel it was anything special. (I am on the hunt for something extremely hydrating because I have noticed dryness/irritation around my under eye area as a result of either an allergic reaction to makeup remover or simply scrubbing too hard.) I tried using this on its own and in conjunction with the oil, which is what the directions suggest. I really liked the consistency of the product, it feels very creamy and luxurious. I didn't find the results to be as moisturizing as I'd hoped, but it definitely helped. I have to say I prefer Bobbi Brown's under-eye cream over this one as I feel BB has more staying power than this one. (A jar of this is about $38, whereas BB is $50, though!) As for the brightening aspect, I do not have dark circles and did not notice a difference in a "brightening" sense. The packaging is absolutely stunning, as I find most Tarte products are! I can take or leave this product for now...I'm not running out to repurchase but would consider repurchasing once I run out of my other under-eye creams/treatments!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by scm240

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this because I was desperate to hydrate my undereye area. I did not find good results with the CeraVe Eye Repair Cream and wanted something creamier.

Despite my reservations about the jar packaging -- because it does render many of the beneficial ingredients useless (http://bit.ly/Z8jPsM) -- I loved it. It was the exact consistency I desired: almost-whipped, leaving my skin shiny and looking bright and glowy. I wanted to use it over my entire face. And boy did it work wonders for undereye concealer application. Significantly less creasing.

But then the time came around to buy a new one (after twice daily use for about 5-6 months), and I was hesitant to. I knew its limitations, but since it was my first eye cream, I honestly just liked the process of applying it; I liked how it fit into my routine.

I don't think I will buy it again, because I try as little as possible to fall victim to companies' marketing and presentation, such as with the packaging. I've moved on to using Paula's Choice products for my sensitive skin and I think I'm going to use a smooth, emollient formula under my eyes aside from my usual moisturizer so I can continue the routine and reap the benefits on hydration and makeup application.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Gjones7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I haven't tried too many eye creams but I did enjoy using this one. For me I look for a rich and moisturising eye cream and this seemed to do the job. I feel like I can't really comment on whether or not it brightened my under eye area as I don't suffer from dark shadows or bags and I can't say I noticed any big chances. This is pretty expensive stuff so I'd probably only recommend it to those who really struggle with dryness, puffiness and dark circles as otherwise I don't think the price can be justified.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I enjoyed this eye cream for the most part. My eye area is the only part of my face where the skin gets dry and flaky, but this cream does an excellent job of keeping the skin moist and supple all day long. And I definitely notice a brightening effect after application. My only issue is that after several months of use I haven't noticed the slightest bit of improvement in the fine lines I have around my eyes. I'm fast approaching 30 and need an eye cream that can address those little wrinkles that are starting to form. So the search for my perfect eye cream continues!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This eye cream has such high reviews and to be honest I don't understand why since it wasn't anything special nor was it worth the hefty price. This eye cream does hydrate, is scent less and is good for day and/or night use, but I didn't see any changes or improvements with my eyes. I would much rather use a product that is half the price that would give me the same outcome. I also do not like any of my products in jars since I find it unsanitary and inconvenient compared to squeeze bottles or pumps and these are the main reasons why I will not repurchase this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by angiedairou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The texture is great, I like the scent, shadow goes on well overtop. Like another reviewer, I find that it stings my eyes. It may be a sensitivity to the fragrance. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I wouldn't buy this eye cream again. First off it stings my eyes. It doesn't matter how far I put it (even the tops of my cheek bone), it gets into my eyes and makes them water for hours. I still used up more than half of this and didn't notice a difference at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by evesu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after seeing the reviews and I am impressed with the quality of this eye cream! It moisturizes and I do think my under-eye dark circles are noticeably brighter. The cream lingers for a while and doesn't absorb as quickly as I'd like it to, so I use it mostly as a night cream because during the day it'll make the makeup smudge.
Really cute packaging but quite expensive for the amount that you get. I would still repurchase because I've tried many other eye creams that don't do what this little jar does.