April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Tarte - Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by liviiflutelouu

Great eye cream. I use it every night, and so far I am very impressed. The texture is fluffy and hydrating, and I immediately see any creases or fine lines disappear after applying. Not greasy, and sinks in right away! Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Nataliegsno

This is the best eye cream I've tried. I use it day and night and this is the only eye cream that really sinks into my skin and doesn't leave any residue behind. It also doesn't thin out the opacity of my concealer like other eye creams I've used, it actually makes my concealer look better. It allowed me to wear pro longwear from mac which I couldn't wear before bc it made my undereye area look so dry and uneven in texture. I'll repurchase and doubt I'll try anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Now I understand why this product has such a high rating! I'll be needing to replace my Shiseido eye cream soon (the sooner, the better; I'm not wild about it and only use it at night because it is so greasy and "non-penetrating") so when I read the reviews for the Maracuja Eye Treatment, I was very curious. I got a generous sample at Sephora (they'd only recently opened a new jar and the gal gave me about 3 or 4 weeks worth of product in the sample jar). I am really pleased with it!

I've been using this day and night for several days and already I'm "sold". It is a rich and almost "cooling" feeling cream but it really penetrates (unlike the Shiseido one I'm using). This makes it practical for both day and nighttime use. It doesn't interfere with my daytime makup (foundation or CC cream and concealer). When I use it at night, I don't wake up with a greasy residue still sitting on the surface of my skin. And it really seems to "brighten" - perhaps only temporarily but I do like the entire effect.I can see this becoming my "go to" eye cream (though I still like using the Clarins one with SPF 30 for daytime protection from the sun). Great product and not an outrageous price!

UPDATE: The sample I was given is so good that I just went back today to get the full sized jar of this eye cream. Between this, Origins and the Clarins SPF eye product I use in the day, I think I'll never be looking for another eye cream again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by sashacher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was noticing a bit of dry skin a few fine wrinkles showing up under my eyes recently, especially when I tried to wear under-eye concealer, so I decided to purchase an eye cream for the first time! Mind you, I'm only 24 so the wrinkles are by no means deep but they were very noticeable and bothersome for me.

I was first drawn to the adorable packaging Tarte has! I bought the Spring Collector's Edition of this eye cream with the cute, colorful design on the wooden lid. I had also read a few really good reviews AND the girl at Sephora was raving to me about this eye cream... so I caved and bought it.

I am absolutely in love!! My under eyes went from dry, dull, and creasy to perfectly smooth, hydrated, and bright!! I really can't believe how much of a difference this made to the appearance of my under eyes. Like I said before though, the flaws I had weren't HUGE... my dark circles, dryness, and wrinkles were all pretty minor... but this eye cream actually eliminated all of my problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by AmberSkyz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample and fell in LOVE. I don't really have wrinkles yet, so I can't attest to whether this helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles. That being said, this cream leaves the skin around my eyes super hydrated and awake! I pat this into the skin around my eyes before I go to bed and in the morning prior to applying face moisturizer. I'm about half way thru my first full size tub. I will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Thank you MUA. I was looking for a new eye cream and after reading these reviews, I purchased this at my local Sephora. After just one night, I noticed a huge difference. This is great stuff and I will continue to buy. It really moisturizes well too. My eyes remain moist and soft throughout the day and overnight. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Jessicalynn31

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I adore this product . I have REALLy dry skin around my eyes. I pat a bit on my under eyes and lid mornin and night and my eyes are so hydrated and look beautiful now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't have any wrinkles, but I've recently noticed that the skin beneath my eyes has become dry/dull and looks a little darker. It's nothing major, but it just doesn't look good to me. The cream is my first eye cream. I was worried because it's really thick with a faint paste-like smell. It sinks in easily, doesn't leave me greasy and the smell dissipates quickly.

I apply this at night after cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. I just dipping my middle finger into the pot and dab the cream under both eyes in three spots before going back to gently smooth it in using a wiping motion. My eyes look a little bit brighter, less dry and a little plump by the morning and I no longer look haggard around the eyes.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by rtran4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this eye cream as my only eye cream for a few solid months now and I really like it. I think it's a great beginner's eye cream for those who are in their late teens or early twenties who want to start an eye regimen since it's all natural and affordable (compared to other eye creams). It works well as a daytime or nighttime eye cream if you have normal to slightly dry eye areas and it performs well under makeup. Those with severely dry eye areas might benefit from something heavier or thicker during the night but could still use this one during the day.

It doesn't sting at all, it's not heavily scented, and I saw no milia or anything abnormal from using this everyday for months. I even apply this lightly on my lashes at night to keep them hydrated (to promote growth).

It's not a miracle worker and won't do anything for present wrinkles or puffiness but it doesn't claim to. As far as brightening goes, I do see a slight difference in my under eyes. There is less darkness in terms of surface area, as the bags under my eyes are much smaller than they used to be but that could also be due to getting more sleep, so just take that with a grain of salt.

The only con to this is the packaging - it's a jar, enough said.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I am in love with this eye cream. I first received it as a sample from a Tarte purchase. I have not regretted my selection since. I applied the sample liberally over my eyelid and undereye area for a little over a week before I ran out. The texture of this cream is really more like that of a balm. The texture is comparable to L'Occitante's Immortelle Eye Balm or Ole Henriksen's Fresh Start Eye Cream. I noticed that my skin felt much smoother and much more moisturized. It is hard to find a good eye cream that moisturizes without feeling greasy and that is effective without being irritating. It also refreshed my eyes and made them look like I had gotten some sleep. I think I have found one of the best out there. I purchased the full-sized product with the hope that over time, I will see an even greater brightening effect and a reduction in the fine line that I have under my eyes. The full price currently sells for $38 dollars for .35 oz which I find to be very steep, but I think given the results I am already seeing, I will be happy with the outcome.