Tarte Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment

4.1

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Isostearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Pentastearate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Behenyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Methicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Dipropylene Glycol, Squalane, Alcohol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylyl Glycol, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Tocotrienols, Isohexadecane, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycosphingolipids, Hordeum Vulgare Extract, Dimethiconol, Adenosine, Phospholipids, Polysorbate 80, Tocopherol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Beta-Glucan, Glycosaminoglycans, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 4/27/2015 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

It feels lovely to use and the texture is divine, but I'm not really seeing any lasting benefit since starting nightly use of this cream over 4 months ago. After dabbing a few drops around the eye area it's moisturised without being greasy, and very, very slightly brighter. But by morning all of those effects have dissipated. Mica is a temporary, superficial brightener; it's great in shimmery eyeshadow and powders to add lustre but it's hardly a nourishing skin food.

The packaging is certainly beautiful but not sanitary, and jar style is not ideal for housing unstable ingredients like vitamin C and a few other antioxidants that are compromised by air exposure and bacteria from fingers.

I should point out my eyelids are not oily, and only occasionally prone to dryness after using the more heavy duty primers (such as urban decay or too faced), so take that into account. Formerly I just spread a bit of retinol serum around the eye area and experienced longer lasting results that include anti-aging benefits, so I'll stick with that in future instead of repurchasing this eye cream. Since swapping away from the retinol to tarte, my fine under-eye wrinkles have come back in force. I don't think this product is to blame, but rather the retinol did a much better job at smoothing out the delicate eye area and making my skin tone more uniform.

on 1/15/2015 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This cream is very moisturizing, and in a short period of time (about a week), it really does brighten the undereye area. A small amount goes a very long way -- I just have to pat the top of the cream with my finger to get enough for both eyes. I love this eye cream, and I will continue to repurchase and recommend to others.

on 1/9/2015 1:41:00 AM

I bought this in a Tarte sample kit JUST so I could try this product. I have had chronic insomnia for nearly 13 years, and it really shows in my eyes. This product has done wonders brightening my eyes! Granted, it's not going to magically erase the 13 years of sleeplessness, but it has improved my dreaded under eye bags.

on 1/4/2015 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Made my dark undereyes so much brighter ! Cant wait to keep using it

on 12/30/2014 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I was excited to try this because of all the great reviews but I just didn't notice any difference in the bags under my eyes at all with this.

on 11/30/2014 5:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

As someone who wears eye contacts all day everyday, and work on my laptop constantly my eyes are almost always strained in some way. So, even though I'm only 18 I find it crucial to use an eye cream to combat any early signs of aging. This eye cream does help keep the skin around my eyes soft and moisturized for a few hours, but as other reviewers have said, the 'brightener' in it is simply very small sparkles. So, once the cream has sunken in its effect is gone. I can't speak on how this eye cream would help with wrinkles, but I can say it didn't have any long term effect on my dark circles. I do like the mild scent, and the packaging is alright, but for the price I find it to be very standard eye cream. Best suited (in my opinion) for young adults who are looking for an eye cream to cover the basics. I will most likely not repurchase, but may recommend.

Uhm, I'm blown away. I got this sometime last year with the tarte holiday kit that came with this the maracuja oil, a makeup bag, a palette, and some lippies but I never really used this cream very much because honestly for awhile I didn't need it. Fast forward to this month when I broke off a relationship with my fiancé and this stuff literally came to the rescue. Puffy red eyes? It helps. Black rings under the eyes? It helps. Dryness and irritation under your eyes? It helps! Not only does it moisturize, but I truly does brighten as well! I don't care about the price I will buy this forever!

on 9/25/2014 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

It's a bit too expensive to buy again. The skin around my eyes was irritated from trying a new make up remover so I used some of the eye cream to help it. It goes on nice and rich and absorbes really nicely, not greasy at all.

I have gone through a few jars of this. Not necessarily because I think it's amazing, but because it works decent enough to buy as a default when I don't feel like trying out new eye creams. It comes in a little purple glass jar that, although cute, doesn't feel sanitary because of it's consistent exposure to air. It's a moderately thick cream with little micro glitters throughout. Yep, that's what that instant brightening effect is...micro silver glitter. It may be from a mineral, not sure, but when I got it near my eye ducts it did feel like there were tiny particles in my eye. I know eye cream doesn't go IN your eye, but it accidentally happens, and it hurts, that's all I'm saying. I saw instant brightening from the shimmer and the cream itself was hydrating enough. It's ok, but it didn't do anything amazing. I'll be checking out other eye creams.

on 9/20/2014 12:22:00 PM

I love this it really helps with puffiness in the morning. It also hydrates really well and it doesn't sting my eyes which a lot of the eye creams do. Everyone's eyes are different I guess and apparently it bothers some people :(.The packaging doesn't bother me but the price is ridiculous. Eye creams are generally super expensive and this is a must have for me so I buy it anyway. This works best for me