September 1, 2014 | 1926 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Tarte - Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Gjones7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I haven't tried too many eye creams but I did enjoy using this one. For me I look for a rich and moisturising eye cream and this seemed to do the job. I feel like I can't really comment on whether or not it brightened my under eye area as I don't suffer from dark shadows or bags and I can't say I noticed any big chances. This is pretty expensive stuff so I'd probably only recommend it to those who really struggle with dryness, puffiness and dark circles as otherwise I don't think the price can be justified.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I enjoyed this eye cream for the most part. My eye area is the only part of my face where the skin gets dry and flaky, but this cream does an excellent job of keeping the skin moist and supple all day long. And I definitely notice a brightening effect after application. My only issue is that after several months of use I haven't noticed the slightest bit of improvement in the fine lines I have around my eyes. I'm fast approaching 30 and need an eye cream that can address those little wrinkles that are starting to form. So the search for my perfect eye cream continues!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by giggles292

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This eye cream has such high reviews and to be honest I don't understand why since it wasn't anything special nor was it worth the hefty price. This eye cream does hydrate, is scent less and is good for day and/or night use, but I didn't see any changes or improvements with my eyes. I would much rather use a product that is half the price that would give me the same outcome. I also do not like any of my products in jars since I find it unsanitary and inconvenient compared to squeeze bottles or pumps and these are the main reasons why I will not repurchase this product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by angiedairou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The texture is great, I like the scent, shadow goes on well overtop. Like another reviewer, I find that it stings my eyes. It may be a sensitivity to the fragrance. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I wouldn't buy this eye cream again. First off it stings my eyes. It doesn't matter how far I put it (even the tops of my cheek bone), it gets into my eyes and makes them water for hours. I still used up more than half of this and didn't notice a difference at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by evesu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after seeing the reviews and I am impressed with the quality of this eye cream! It moisturizes and I do think my under-eye dark circles are noticeably brighter. The cream lingers for a while and doesn't absorb as quickly as I'd like it to, so I use it mostly as a night cream because during the day it'll make the makeup smudge.
Really cute packaging but quite expensive for the amount that you get. I would still repurchase because I've tried many other eye creams that don't do what this little jar does.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Tarte boasts Rice bran, mango, coconut, Maracuja oil, vitamin C, lots of goodies for your skin. Jar packaging probably ruins the potency of these anti-oxidants, especially vitamin C which needs to be kept stable and exposed to the least amount of air and light possible during use. it probably doesn't matter anyway, there's not a high enough percentage in this cream do really do much.

What's great about this product is the texture, it's cream but spreads like a lotion, absorbs quickly and is not sticky/tacky, works well under concealer. I do feel it plumps skin/reduces the look of wrinkles. It also gives a slightly brighter effect but I think it has a slight opalescent/shimmery finish that "brightens dark circles" as opposed to ingredients that fade darkness. Don't get me wrong, it's not glittery or anything that you'd really notice but I've been comparing eye creams and I see this in a lot of the newer ones coming out.

This is one of better eye creams I've tried as far as feeling nice on the skin, not causing clogged pores,itching or being heavily fragranced. I love the feel of this product but cannot justify spending $40 on such a tiny amount of cream. I really am not a fan of unsanitary jar packaging, especially when it comes to things with Vit. C in it. When Tarte puts this in proper packaging, I may be convinced to switch from the CeraVe eye cream, but even then I might cringe at the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by tfm1134

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. It is very moisturizing and creamy, I only use it at night though since it stays a bit too moisturizing for my makeup. I use it every night and for someone who lives with dark circles and puffy eyes this seems to make everything just a tad better. I do think it is a bit pricey for such a small jar but for now I wont be without it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I must have gotten a defective one or something because I'm not experience all the benefits other reviewers are mentioning. First off this cream is not your typical fluffy light weight gel/cream, it's a firmer cream. It does blend well into the skin and you don't need much. However, i didn't notice any change in the appearance of my skin. Also, it remained tacky for a good long while. The tackiness only seemed to disappear "hours" after it was applied. Like i said, I may have gotten a defective one, but I would not repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by BeautyInTheFilth

i have been using this eye cream for a little over a week, and i noticed that the skin under my eye's is so glowy and plump looking. I'm only 18, but i believe that prevention is better than curing.