July 25, 2014 | 1771 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Tarte - Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2014 2:50:00 PM More reviews by misanders

I wouldn't buy this eye cream again. First off it stings my eyes. It doesn't matter how far I put it (even the tops of my cheek bone), it gets into my eyes and makes them water for hours. I still used up more than half of this and didn't notice a difference at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by evesu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after seeing the reviews and I am impressed with the quality of this eye cream! It moisturizes and I do think my under-eye dark circles are noticeably brighter. The cream lingers for a while and doesn't absorb as quickly as I'd like it to, so I use it mostly as a night cream because during the day it'll make the makeup smudge.
Really cute packaging but quite expensive for the amount that you get. I would still repurchase because I've tried many other eye creams that don't do what this little jar does.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Tarte boasts Rice bran, mango, coconut, Maracuja oil, vitamin C, lots of goodies for your skin. Jar packaging probably ruins the potency of these anti-oxidants, especially vitamin C which needs to be kept stable and exposed to the least amount of air and light possible during use. it probably doesn't matter anyway, there's not a high enough percentage in this cream do really do much.

What's great about this product is the texture, it's cream but spreads like a lotion, absorbs quickly and is not sticky/tacky, works well under concealer. I do feel it plumps skin/reduces the look of wrinkles. It also gives a slightly brighter effect but I think it has a slight opalescent/shimmery finish that "brightens dark circles" as opposed to ingredients that fade darkness. Don't get me wrong, it's not glittery or anything that you'd really notice but I've been comparing eye creams and I see this in a lot of the newer ones coming out.

This is one of better eye creams I've tried as far as feeling nice on the skin, not causing clogged pores,itching or being heavily fragranced. I love the feel of this product but cannot justify spending $40 on such a tiny amount of cream. I really am not a fan of unsanitary jar packaging, especially when it comes to things with Vit. C in it. When Tarte puts this in proper packaging, I may be convinced to switch from the CeraVe eye cream, but even then I might cringe at the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by tfm1134

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. It is very moisturizing and creamy, I only use it at night though since it stays a bit too moisturizing for my makeup. I use it every night and for someone who lives with dark circles and puffy eyes this seems to make everything just a tad better. I do think it is a bit pricey for such a small jar but for now I wont be without it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

I must have gotten a defective one or something because I'm not experience all the benefits other reviewers are mentioning. First off this cream is not your typical fluffy light weight gel/cream, it's a firmer cream. It does blend well into the skin and you don't need much. However, i didn't notice any change in the appearance of my skin. Also, it remained tacky for a good long while. The tackiness only seemed to disappear "hours" after it was applied. Like i said, I may have gotten a defective one, but I would not repurchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by BeautyInTheFilth

i have been using this eye cream for a little over a week, and i noticed that the skin under my eye's is so glowy and plump looking. I'm only 18, but i believe that prevention is better than curing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by ginaxav

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not a big fan of screw top tubs, especially tiny ones like this, but I love the product. I have bad under eye bags being a mom of two little ones who take turns keeping me up all night. I use this morning and night and my eyes seem brighter right away. In the mornings after applying this I use Benefit Stay Don't Stray as an undereye primer and my circles are considerably hidden, after applying MAC concealer on top and then highlighting with Touche Eclat around my eyes, it's almost like I never had bags or dark circles.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2014 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Nataliegsno

This is the best eye cream I've tried. I use it day and night and this is the only eye cream that really sinks into my skin and doesn't leave any residue behind. It also doesn't thin out the opacity of my concealer like other eye creams I've used, it actually makes my concealer look better. It allowed me to wear pro longwear from mac which I couldn't wear before bc it made my undereye area look so dry and uneven in texture. I'll repurchase and doubt I'll try anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Now I understand why this product has such a high rating! I'll be needing to replace my Shiseido eye cream soon (the sooner, the better; I'm not wild about it and only use it at night because it is so greasy and "non-penetrating") so when I read the reviews for the Maracuja Eye Treatment, I was very curious. I got a generous sample at Sephora (they'd only recently opened a new jar and the gal gave me about 3 or 4 weeks worth of product in the sample jar). I am really pleased with it!

I've been using this day and night for several days and already I'm "sold". It is a rich and almost "cooling" feeling cream but it really penetrates (unlike the Shiseido one I'm using). This makes it practical for both day and nighttime use. It doesn't interfere with my daytime makup (foundation or CC cream and concealer). When I use it at night, I don't wake up with a greasy residue still sitting on the surface of my skin. And it really seems to "brighten" - perhaps only temporarily but I do like the entire effect.I can see this becoming my "go to" eye cream (though I still like using the Clarins one with SPF 30 for daytime protection from the sun). Great product and not an outrageous price!

UPDATE: The sample I was given is so good that I just went back today to get the full sized jar of this eye cream. Between this, Origins and the Clarins SPF eye product I use in the day, I think I'll never be looking for another eye cream again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by sashacher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was noticing a bit of dry skin a few fine wrinkles showing up under my eyes recently, especially when I tried to wear under-eye concealer, so I decided to purchase an eye cream for the first time! Mind you, I'm only 24 so the wrinkles are by no means deep but they were very noticeable and bothersome for me.

I was first drawn to the adorable packaging Tarte has! I bought the Spring Collector's Edition of this eye cream with the cute, colorful design on the wooden lid. I had also read a few really good reviews AND the girl at Sephora was raving to me about this eye cream... so I caved and bought it.

I am absolutely in love!! My under eyes went from dry, dull, and creasy to perfectly smooth, hydrated, and bright!! I really can't believe how much of a difference this made to the appearance of my under eyes. Like I said before though, the flaws I had weren't HUGE... my dark circles, dryness, and wrinkles were all pretty minor... but this eye cream actually eliminated all of my problems.