November 23, 2014 | 2032 users online

Eye Shadow - Rimmel - english oak

no image

rated 3.6(5 reviews)

  • Average Rating: 3.6
  • 60% would buy again
  • Package Quality: 2.4
  • Price: $$

  • Ingredients
  • Write a Review
Pin It

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by kh027

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I believe this was discontinued last year (I got it 75% off during a CVS clearance).

The copper and rose gold (both metallic-ish) shades are SO WONDERFUL. Creamy, pigmented and almost no fallout. I rarely use the sparkly champagne color, but I believe it's the same formula. LOVE. No complaints there.

The main color, a semi-sparkly medium brown is more dry and harder to pick up on a brush. I use it as eyeliner, but it's not my favorite at all.

My overall complaint is the packaging. While the Union Jack layout is cute, it's not practical AT ALL. You get hardly any of the copper, rose gold & champaigne eyeshadows. All three are pretty hard to get to. You have to use the sponge tipped applicator because no brush will fit in there.

So, if you see this and are desperate for a good copper, go ahead. Just be aware that the pans are *tiny*.

Is this review helpful? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by lucyja

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The colors were very nice. I was impressed with the quality. The shadow lasted all day and blened wonderfully. The smallest pan, the highlighter, was actually my favorite. The brown was more sheer than I had hoped. The packaging is my biggest complaint. The Union Jack shape, although attractive, is not functional. The individual pans are way to small to work with. If you really like the colors, I would suggest getting the Rimmel eyeshadow quads. They come in very similar colors to this palette.

1 out of 1 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm very impressed with the color payoff/pigmentation of these shadows. They are shimmery shades of brown/copper, but I agree with the previous reviewer. Some of the compartments are too tiny. I think this is being discontinued, though, because I found it at CVS for only $1.49 on clearance. Get it while you can.

Is this review helpful? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Ffauxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the eyeshadows, the colours are very nice and the formula is perfectly right. The only problem I have is, that some colours are a pain to get from these tiny stripes of colour, and the proportions between the amounts of colours are messed up. 70 % of the palette is a dark shimmery brown colour (which is an amazing shade, thou') and the rest of the three colours share the other 30 % together. But anyways, would recommend!

Is this review helpful? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by honu66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale and thought the colors were warm and bronzy.
My main dislike is that each colored section is a small line or triangle and it's inconvenient to get the colors I need. I wish they put these color selection (4) in a quad. I really like the colors and how pigmented and smoothly they go on. They last as good as any other store bought shadow. The container is cheap and the plastic can easily crack. Otherwise, the colors of this quad are really nice. IF it goes on sale again, I will definitely repurchse, otherwise I will pass.

Is this review helpful? Yes No