July 28, 2014 | 2056 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by 2labs

Great colour, great formula, terrible packaging.

I love this product generally but the packaging means that I probably won't purchase it again. The lid didn't "click" back on properly and as a consequence the cap on the pencil split. This has happened on two of these that I have owned now. As soon as this happens the product dries out really quickly. Removing the tip doesn't seem to help (and makes it a waste of money for a product that isn't cheap to start with). I've had to throw out two of these that I had barely used!!

If Stila improves the packaging then I would gladly purchase the product again.....until then I'd just be throwing money away. :((

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by IrisFvH

LOVE this color. HG pencil for me !
My eyebrows are almost black, my lashes are black and my eyes are dark brown, that's why i try to stay away from black pencils cause I don't want my look to be too harsh.
Most browns are too light from me and look very weird cause of my dark brows.

This color is a perfect very dark brown and stays all day. The price is absolutely fine.

One thing though... after you twist this pencil up, you can't twist it down anymore. so be careful to not twist it all the way up out of curiousity to see how large it is, cause there's no way you're going to be able to twist this back down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally, a liner that stays in my waterline! After trying copious amounts of liners, from drugstore to high end (Marc Jacobs, I'm talking to you) to no avail. My eyes are on the watery side due to contacts and this liner doesn't smudge at all, thus I remain un-panda-like until I take it off.

It's creamy and slides easily on the waterline and tight line. My go-to color is the dark brown pencil named Damsel. Perfect deep brown for those of us who think black is too harsh.

Hurrah!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by jas22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my second Stila Smudge Stick eyeliner and while I love the colors and performance of both (I also had Moray, a beautiful olive green) I will most likely not purchase this product again. Damsel is a dark brown which is perfect against my brown/olive green eyes and not as harsh as a black liner. Its creamy texture applies smoothly and I usually go over it with an angled brush to thin out the line. Once it sets, it doesn't transfer to my lids or bottom lashes and lasts all day. It comes off easily with cleansing oil/eye makeup remover.

So here's why I won't repurchase: the packaging drives me nuts! It comes in a plastic stick that twists up, just like a lot of lip liners. However unlike others in similar packaging, once you twist up you can't twist it back into the stick. So if you twist it too far out, you're stuck with a bunch of product that you can't use (if will break off). And of course because you can't twist it up too far, you can't tell how much product remains in the package. Finally, I've had the stick get stuck and not twist at all when the product was fairly new so I knew the stick wasn't empty.

While I know this used to be available in a set, I purchased it as an individual product at Ulta for $20, although it took a few visits for me to find it in stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by danielleeheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great formulation of eyeliner! Great packaging and eyeliner really stays on, even with my super watery eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Lhegge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this liner came with the "In The Light" palette. As previous reviewer noted, it's the only liner I've come across that I can wear in my water line/tightline and it doesn't smear onto my contact lenses. I haven't had the same luck with the bronzey-brown color, only this one. It's a nice, dark brown and there is great transfer, very little tugging while applying this eyeliner. It smudges well right after application but sets to a very good stay-put liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by kendra0672

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Extremely pigmented, best brown eyeliner I've found that actually stays on my waterline. I wear contacts on a daily basis and have had no problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of the "in the light" palette.

The eyeliner is pretty pigmented and creamy.
However, if you wear contacts, this ISN'T gonna work for you.

It transfered to my contacts and made my vision all blurry.
Not cool, not cool.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this with my Stila In the Light palette. As the other reviewer before me stated, if it a neutral, matte brown. It is SO saturated and pigmented that it is hard to believe this is a pencil eyeliner. Normally, I have to tug and rub a little bit with pencil liners to get evenness and pigment to show. With this, I barely touch it to my lid and there's even, dark pigmentation. I was skeptical at how smoothly it went on because, generally, the smoother they are, the more easily they smudge and rub off. Not the case with this! This stayed in place all day and did not fade. After 11 hours of wear, it only came off when I took a little makeup remover to it. This is the best eyeliner, to date, that I've tried. I love it and am so glad that they made it available separately from the palette!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Damsel is a rich, dark chocolate brown. It's a neutral shade, with no red tones and it is completely matte.

Damsel was exclusive to the Stila In The Light Palette and I'm happy to report it is now available separately. This was my first Smudge Stick and I was hesitant to even try it because I was devoted to the Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliners and couldn't imagine anything lasting as long as those babies did! Well, the Smudge Stick really does last just as long as the BB, imho, without smearing nor fading -- no raccoon eyes! I wear it on my upper and lower lash line, so I can't speak to the waterline since I don't wear liner there. This has definitely taken the place of my BB, especially for days I don't have the time to deal with using a separate eye liner brush. Highly recommend!!