Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel

4.2

on 2/21/2015 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great eyeliner. It is smooth, creamy, and pigmented. Best of all it stays on all day without smudging or fading. Also, if you put this on the waterline it stays put without bleeding or get gloopy. It is very smudgeable for about 30 seconds after you put it on, so you can really smoke it out. After that 30 seconds is up, though, it sets and you are good for the day. I do have one major problem with this, but it is with the packaging and I would never deduct points from the formula for that. The problem is that when you twist it up, you can't twist it back down so you have to be careful with how you dispense this. But all in all, this is lovely and I recommend it to everyone.

on 9/22/2014 5:29:00 AM

Really didn't like this, it came in my in the light palette, wouldn't twist up and broke when I tried to open it and manually twist it.

on 9/7/2014 2:36:00 PM

I got this eyeliner in the In The Light palette and I instantly fell in love with it's staying power.

It's a very dark brown color, almost black on me. It goes on smoothly and stays on. I'm not sure why it's called a smudge stick though...it doesn't smudge on me and that's really why I like it-it doesn't move! At the end of the day it still looks like I just applied it.

I haven't run out of it yet, but I am concerned about how long one pencil will last. Typically the twist eyeliners don't have as much product as a kohl pencil you use a sharpener on. Because of this, I gave the packaging and price only two lippies. It's unfortunately a lot to pay for something that may not last long.

on 7/12/2014 6:01:00 AM

Great colour, great formula, terrible packaging.

I love this product generally but the packaging means that I probably won't purchase it again. The lid didn't "click" back on properly and as a consequence the cap on the pencil split. This has happened on two of these that I have owned now. As soon as this happens the product dries out really quickly. Removing the tip doesn't seem to help (and makes it a waste of money for a product that isn't cheap to start with). I've had to throw out two of these that I had barely used!!

If Stila improves the packaging then I would gladly purchase the product again.....until then I'd just be throwing money away. :((

on 6/25/2014 7:12:00 AM

LOVE this color. HG pencil for me !
My eyebrows are almost black, my lashes are black and my eyes are dark brown, that's why i try to stay away from black pencils cause I don't want my look to be too harsh.
Most browns are too light from me and look very weird cause of my dark brows.

This color is a perfect very dark brown and stays all day. The price is absolutely fine.

One thing though... after you twist this pencil up, you can't twist it down anymore. so be careful to not twist it all the way up out of curiousity to see how large it is, cause there's no way you're going to be able to twist this back down.

on 6/7/2014 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Finally, a liner that stays in my waterline! After trying copious amounts of liners, from drugstore to high end (Marc Jacobs, I'm talking to you) to no avail. My eyes are on the watery side due to contacts and this liner doesn't smudge at all, thus I remain un-panda-like until I take it off.

It's creamy and slides easily on the waterline and tight line. My go-to color is the dark brown pencil named Damsel. Perfect deep brown for those of us who think black is too harsh.

Hurrah!!!

on 5/17/2014 6:12:00 PM

This is my second Stila Smudge Stick eyeliner and while I love the colors and performance of both (I also had Moray, a beautiful olive green) I will most likely not purchase this product again. Damsel is a dark brown which is perfect against my brown/olive green eyes and not as harsh as a black liner. Its creamy texture applies smoothly and I usually go over it with an angled brush to thin out the line. Once it sets, it doesn't transfer to my lids or bottom lashes and lasts all day. It comes off easily with cleansing oil/eye makeup remover.

So here's why I won't repurchase: the packaging drives me nuts! It comes in a plastic stick that twists up, just like a lot of lip liners. However unlike others in similar packaging, once you twist up you can't twist it back into the stick. So if you twist it too far out, you're stuck with a bunch of product that you can't use (if will break off). And of course because you can't twist it up too far, you can't tell how much product remains in the package. Finally, I've had the stick get stuck and not twist at all when the product was fairly new so I knew the stick wasn't empty.

While I know this used to be available in a set, I purchased it as an individual product at Ulta for $20, although it took a few visits for me to find it in stock.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Great formulation of eyeliner! Great packaging and eyeliner really stays on, even with my super watery eyes!

on 3/21/2014 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think this liner came with the "In The Light" palette. As previous reviewer noted, it's the only liner I've come across that I can wear in my water line/tightline and it doesn't smear onto my contact lenses. I haven't had the same luck with the bronzey-brown color, only this one. It's a nice, dark brown and there is great transfer, very little tugging while applying this eyeliner. It smudges well right after application but sets to a very good stay-put liner.

on 4/17/2013 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Extremely pigmented, best brown eyeliner I've found that actually stays on my waterline. I wear contacts on a daily basis and have had no problems.