October 30, 2014 | 1351 users online

Eyeliner - Stila - Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2014 5:29:00 AM More reviews by felicitykeir

Really didn't like this, it came in my in the light palette, wouldn't twist up and broke when I tried to open it and manually twist it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this eyeliner in the In The Light palette and I instantly fell in love with it's staying power.

It's a very dark brown color, almost black on me. It goes on smoothly and stays on. I'm not sure why it's called a smudge stick though...it doesn't smudge on me and that's really why I like it-it doesn't move! At the end of the day it still looks like I just applied it.

I haven't run out of it yet, but I am concerned about how long one pencil will last. Typically the twist eyeliners don't have as much product as a kohl pencil you use a sharpener on. Because of this, I gave the packaging and price only two lippies. It's unfortunately a lot to pay for something that may not last long.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by 2labs

Great colour, great formula, terrible packaging.

I love this product generally but the packaging means that I probably won't purchase it again. The lid didn't "click" back on properly and as a consequence the cap on the pencil split. This has happened on two of these that I have owned now. As soon as this happens the product dries out really quickly. Removing the tip doesn't seem to help (and makes it a waste of money for a product that isn't cheap to start with). I've had to throw out two of these that I had barely used!!

If Stila improves the packaging then I would gladly purchase the product again.....until then I'd just be throwing money away. :((

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by IrisFvH

LOVE this color. HG pencil for me !
My eyebrows are almost black, my lashes are black and my eyes are dark brown, that's why i try to stay away from black pencils cause I don't want my look to be too harsh.
Most browns are too light from me and look very weird cause of my dark brows.

This color is a perfect very dark brown and stays all day. The price is absolutely fine.

One thing though... after you twist this pencil up, you can't twist it down anymore. so be careful to not twist it all the way up out of curiousity to see how large it is, cause there's no way you're going to be able to twist this back down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by april1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally, a liner that stays in my waterline! After trying copious amounts of liners, from drugstore to high end (Marc Jacobs, I'm talking to you) to no avail. My eyes are on the watery side due to contacts and this liner doesn't smudge at all, thus I remain un-panda-like until I take it off.

It's creamy and slides easily on the waterline and tight line. My go-to color is the dark brown pencil named Damsel. Perfect deep brown for those of us who think black is too harsh.

Hurrah!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by jas22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my second Stila Smudge Stick eyeliner and while I love the colors and performance of both (I also had Moray, a beautiful olive green) I will most likely not purchase this product again. Damsel is a dark brown which is perfect against my brown/olive green eyes and not as harsh as a black liner. Its creamy texture applies smoothly and I usually go over it with an angled brush to thin out the line. Once it sets, it doesn't transfer to my lids or bottom lashes and lasts all day. It comes off easily with cleansing oil/eye makeup remover.

So here's why I won't repurchase: the packaging drives me nuts! It comes in a plastic stick that twists up, just like a lot of lip liners. However unlike others in similar packaging, once you twist up you can't twist it back into the stick. So if you twist it too far out, you're stuck with a bunch of product that you can't use (if will break off). And of course because you can't twist it up too far, you can't tell how much product remains in the package. Finally, I've had the stick get stuck and not twist at all when the product was fairly new so I knew the stick wasn't empty.

While I know this used to be available in a set, I purchased it as an individual product at Ulta for $20, although it took a few visits for me to find it in stock.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by danielleeheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great formulation of eyeliner! Great packaging and eyeliner really stays on, even with my super watery eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Lhegge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this liner came with the "In The Light" palette. As previous reviewer noted, it's the only liner I've come across that I can wear in my water line/tightline and it doesn't smear onto my contact lenses. I haven't had the same luck with the bronzey-brown color, only this one. It's a nice, dark brown and there is great transfer, very little tugging while applying this eyeliner. It smudges well right after application but sets to a very good stay-put liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by kendra0672

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Extremely pigmented, best brown eyeliner I've found that actually stays on my waterline. I wear contacts on a daily basis and have had no problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by riceboxes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this as part of the "in the light" palette.

The eyeliner is pretty pigmented and creamy.
However, if you wear contacts, this ISN'T gonna work for you.

It transfered to my contacts and made my vision all blurry.
Not cool, not cool.