April 18, 2014 | 1966 users online

Palettes - Smashbox - Ultimate Palette

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by michaelannek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutely loved the first Smashbox ultimate palette I purchased from Ulta almost 3 years ago. The colors were fantastic, the packaging was really cool, easy to use, and durable, and the makeup had good staying power. When I purchased last year's palette, though, it was a completely different story. The colors ended up being a little off for the year. The packaging was no longer the awesome hard plastic kind, but instead a cheap cardboard box that was clumsy and the little drawers always get stuck; it seems like the cheap cardboard is being used again this year. The eyeliner doesn't stay put at all anymore, and the eyeshadows show more frosting than pigment. The brow colors are pretty great, I will say. And the blushes are pretty, but are actually too narrow to use with a proper blush brush (which looks like they continued to this year's palette). The highlighter gives a lovely glow, but, like the bronzer, makes me break out. I am so grossly disappointed. I would have excitedly bought a palette every Holiday season if they had maintained the quality, but sadly they have not.