December 20, 2014 | 1114 users online

Lip Gloss - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan High Gloss Lip Quench

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Anonamizz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an incredibly moisturizing lip gloss. It is very thick, and moderately sticky, so if that is not your thing, stay away. The reason this only gets three stars is that the smell is horrendous--caster oil and old wax. The smell stays under your nose and doesn't fade away. I had to throw it out halfway done, I really just couldn't take it anymore. I received it as a gift when it first came out, so it wasn't as thought it was an old tube that had sat on the shelf for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by blushinglara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this sounded boring but its surprisingly nice! The most moisturizing gloss ive ever tried! (and ive tried many many)
I wear it alone in the day or over a lipstick for a glossy look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by prncss

This comes in a clear gloss squeeze tube and it is literally oil in a tube. Josie Maran's regular Argan oil is very thin, so they have added Jojoba oil to thicken this gloss for lips. This costs $19 CAD for 8ml (0.3 fl oz.) and claims to be made with 100% natural ingredients.

I love Josie Maran products and I was curious to try this. I am obsessed with plumping products and lip conditioners, and have tried a huge variety of products (ie. LipFusion gloss, LipInfatuation, LipFusion conditioning stick, Dermaglow Lip Plumper, Buxom). I receive Juvederm lip augmentations on a regular basis and was looking for a conditioning treatment to keep my lips hydrated and plump without an annoying tingling or stinging sensation.

The first three times I tried this product, I hated it. This gloss is thick, gooey, and it smells like oil, but in a bad way. There is a slightly nutty scent and feels like you have a thick slab of oil on your lips. As this is a gloss and not a balm, this cannot be applied underneath lipstick because it is so thick that the lipstick would not stick to your lips.

However, after a few days of getting used to the texture and smell, I noticed that as soon as I put this on, this absorbs very quickly into my lips and plumps them better than any lip plumping balm I have tried on the market. This is not even advertised as a lip plumper. Within a minute of applying this, I could see visible results immediately. My lips increased in volume with better results than any other plumpers I've tried. My lips also appeared smoother, and had a healthy glow. Some balms leave a thin white film on your lips but this does not show anything. What I love about this is that it is all natural, so I can feel at ease leaving this on my lips overnight.

Personally I would use this as a lip treatment rather than a daytime use gloss, unless you only wear gloss and not anything else. For daytime use I am still going to stick to my LipFusion gloss.

Overall, this product delivers good conditioning results. I gave it 4 lippies because I do not like the smell or texture. But if you can get past it, this absorbs quickly into the skin and does not feel tacky afterwards.