April 18, 2014 | 1747 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Preference Light Ash Blonde 9A

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by lisa7788

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This color just wasn't for me. They were out of the 9 1/2NB, so I gave this a try. Too blah & ashy. The formula is nice though, my hair felt nice after. I went back to another CVS & found my 9 1/2 and redid the color. It came out just fine that time! :-)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by tyroneswifey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I didnt like it, the ammonia thinned my hair out sooooo much and caused it to break off, don't use hair dye with ammonia

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by CaraDeedee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have darkish grey blonde hair with light highlights naturally. When I first died my hair I died it the shade equivalent of Loreal 9a but with no ash tones (forgot what the other was called) It turned my hair a really yellow blonde that doesn't go well with my very pale skintone. I bought Loreal light ash blonde to try to reverse it and it worked so well! It didn't turn my hair purple or grey at all. It turned my hair a beautiful shade of slight ashy blonde and eliminated all yellow or orange tones. A slight problem with this product would be that it does leave your hair a little dark when you first dye it, but it washes out to be lighter in a few days. The conditioner that comes with this product moisturizes hair to its original softness and more. Overall I love this product. And its cheap! In the US its about 7 bucks, and usually at CVS you can get 2 boxes for $12.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by snowflower6

Don't use if your hair is already very light blonde. You will end up with grayish hair, esp. on the lightest sections of your hair. The color does not look like it does on the box. This color does do a excellent job at eliminating yellow tones but it deposits too much grey. I am a natural ash blonde and ash to me means cool light blonde with no yellow and no GREY! I will not be re-purchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by arwensage

I've been using this color for a few years now. My natural color is a medium ash Blond and this does a good job of lightening it a couple of shades. I'm also naturally an ash Blond and this color warms it up a bit. There's a little hint of gold in my hair. It looks very natural and my highlights shine through. Unfortunately, my hair is darkening with age and this shade seems to be less effective. That's why I gave it a four.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 12:55:00 PM More reviews by aimeeuy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

First of all, anyone who has light blonde/platinum/pale yellow hair should never use ashy tones. I have finally learned that after making the same mistake twice!

I decided I wanted to go darker for fall/winter I have bleached and toned light blonde hair for 8 months now. I has just finished doing my roots and I was super eager to go home after work and finish my hair not wanting to run around with pale yellowy roots anymore, so i decided to get this box dye. When dying hair from light to a bit darker I recommend only going one to two shades darker (the first time trying to darken, my blonde turned almost black!). I knew that ashy tones make hair greyish and that my hair probably wouldn't look anything like the girl on the box (of course it almost never turns out like theirs). Decided to give it a go anyway.. While the yellowy tones were gone my hair was WITCHY GREY! Terrible. Luckily after surviving a few hair disasters I knew what to do and washed my hair and the (some if not most) grey out with Dawn original dish soap two-three times.

Now (next day), my hair is still a bit silvery but it does look mostly blonde thank God. While I AM starting to like my haircolor now, the freaking out and the vigorous hair washing is not worth it and I hate doing that to my hair. To counteract the silver-ness I will go to my regular beauty store (like I should have) and buy a warmer--not too warm--tone hair color. DO NOT BOX DYE!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Beeaauutty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I did this last night because i have dark blonde hair and wanted more ashy /golden tones in it. This i think made my hair a bit darker acctully :( I love the conditiner that came with it though, my hair has no tangles and is soft & shiney but the color.. oh the color. Im going to dye my hair again with another brand in the next few days to hopefully get the blonde back when i was younger. overall dont buy.

UPDATE/EDIT: Ok so i changed my mind a little. It DID give me some nice blonde highlights and really cleasned my oily hair, still not my favorite but giving 1 more lippie now.

Update/edit again.: ok so i got lots of complaints from this maybe it is good? ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2012 2:15:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think I must be on some sort of stupid sometimes. Or maybe it's the Accutane i'm on messing with my brain cells!
just kidding.
Well first off, if you are platinum or platinumish with few strands of light blonde hair do not use this... You're hair will turn a weird color. Somewhere between dark purple and grayish? I don't know what I was thinking buying this. Okay I do, I thought it would turn the color on the box, a more brownish blonde color. Silly me though I'm platinum! Or I was platinum blonde. This did a fab color job on my roots since they were bright yellow and b/c I had just bleached them.
I really like the color on the box. I probably have to be almost close to a medium blonde in order for it turn to that correct color shown.
I really love what it did to my roots, they look very similar to what's shown on the box but it's not a winner for me.
It's not terrible! But it def wasn't for platinum hair looking to be a dark blonde.
I would def buy this box dye again if I had med blonde hair or dark blonde hair.

btw i cannot speak about in what condition it left myhair in because i had just bleached my hair a few days ago before using this so it's hard to give my opinion on that.