July 23, 2014 | 2078 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Volume Glamour Max Definition

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by mizzemmixox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this mascara! It does not flake on me, lasts a 10 hour day on my lashes, easy to apply, it does clump up sometimes on the brush but you can put the brush back in the tub and when you pull it out again it's fine. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Lunabreeze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

After using Doll Eye by NYX exclusively for the past few years and getting increasingly annoyed by the fibers from the mascara always getting into my eyes, I decided to try something different. I bought Volume Glamour Max Definition by Bourjois, and I absolutely love how long and thick my eyelashes look with this mascara. My lashes have never looked more beautiful. BUT...this mascara is disappointingly flaky. It starts flaking off within a couple hours of application and keeps flaking off throughout the day. Instead of having the fibers of Doll Eye getting into my eyes throughout the day, I have flakes of Volume Glamour falling onto my eyes. This mascara is also surprisingly difficult to remove. I really want to love this mascara, but the constant flaking is a deal breaker for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by jwudy

Love it. First layer = lengthening; second layer = volume. Its like its waterproof but it doesnt say on the tube. Massive brush gives me even coverage. No clumps. Perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Tuilie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this mascara based on a good reviews and when I used it for the first time I thought it's a good mascara. Unpleasant surprise came by the end of a day when I tried to remove it. This thing is as stubborn as a waterproof mascara. I actually went back to the store the next day to ask if this is a waterproof mascara cos it doesn't say so on the tube. Well, it's not. But I'm struggling to remove it even with waterproof make-up removal.
If anyone has any tips on how to remove this without pulling out all my eyelashes, please, enlighten me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by estellarosa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Yes: Perfect! One stroke of genius! All I ever wanted etc.
If you have difficult or short lashes: this turns them into something substantial effortlessly, without overdoing it.
Perfect defintion, Perfect curl, perfect length, perfect volume.
Please do not discontinue!

Update!: HERE"S HOW TO REMOVE!:
It's very simple, it works just like the other tube mascaras. Just moisten and remove withlukewarm water. Comes off like a charm without any harm to the lashes!

UPDATE: Unfortunately dries out in 2 weeks and becomes rubbish! too expensive for that!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by SickSexFix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I've been having bad luck with mascaras recently. I like Bourjois so I went and picked up two mascaras that had really great reviews. This was one of them.

I had a bit of trouble putting this on as the brush is so thick and I'm used to thin plastic wands. I think this dispensed too much product into my lashes as it was thick and dried really fast. It was very hard to apply more than one coat with this.

I tried to comb through my lashes afterwards and that just made it worse! (I've uploaded a pic of me with and without this mascara on so you can see what I mean! Please note: I didn't curl my lashes before trying this out so maybe I'd have had a different result, I don't know.)

I washed my face after this had dried and it was pretty difficult to remove! I had to use a gentle soap, an oil cleanser and then an oily makeup remover to get it all off.

I'm not sure how I really feel about this, but I'm leaning toward.. meh. I got it on sale so at least I didn't spend full price on it. And the packaging is so adorable.

I'm going to try it again after curling my lashes and wiping down the wand and seeing if that helps a bit. I'll edit my review then.
EDIT: Okay so I curled my lashes this morning and wiped almost all the product off the brush - until I could see the pink plastic bristles of the wand poking through! I used just that to apply to both lashes and the result was MUCH better. So yeah, there's a lot of product on the brush when you take it out and it feels very wasteful to just wipe it off. It dried quick but did smudge under my eyes (then again there isn't a mascara in the world that doesn't smudge under my eyes -on the sides- when I use it on my bottom lashes) It also made my lashes feel stiff.

Bumped up my rating to 4 lippies, not 5, because it definitely flakes (while you're applying and when I rub my lashes) and is messy.
If my review helped you, click yes below!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by zzengin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Perfect mascara...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by Iloveshoes1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this product and I can say only one thing; love it!

I have really short lashes and always use an eye curler, but I did not need to curl them with this mascara. The brush is a little big but I think after some practice you can really learn how to handle it. I did not expect this product to be this good and picked it up at the drugstore because I really loved the pink packaging (I'm a sucker for pink stuff:-))

So overal I would say give it a try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

(This is a review for the hot pink contoured tube with rubber bristles)

I really like this product. It does a really great job at lengthening and defining and is pretty good for volume too. The colour is very black and it doesn't smudge or sting my eyes!

However, using this mascara by itself does not hold a curl well at all and if you put too many layers on, the lashes stick together a bit.

My recommendation (and the way i use it) is to put on a layer of a curl holding mascara (e.g. covergirl's lash blast or max factor's false lash effect) and then this on top. Voila! High drama, false looking lashes that look healthy and not at all spidery!