December 20, 2014 | 912 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Manifesto

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is now my 2nd bottle of Manifesto. It's just so intoxicating, I love it. It's sensual, creamy floral, with a hint of vanilla. It stays for 6 hours, no joke, and it's hypnotic, addictive like a drug. I love smelling it on myself, and I also think the bottle is just gorgeous, easy to hold in the hand. This isn't the perfume for everyone because it's a little more grown up, more serious and adult than the really popular perfumes like Coco Mademoiselle. Unlike those perfumes, Manifesto doesn't smell perfume-y. It just sifts into my body chemistry and stays there, wooing me for hours with its subtle beauty vibe. I'm breathing in Manifesto as I write this - and I applied it 3 hours ago - just three quick sprays is all it takes.

The perfect scent. Thank you, YSL!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by curleywurley

Manifesto is really not bad! It has hints of vanilla and the smell lasts really long. If you're a vanilla lover, this would be perfect! Not too impressed with the packaging..

The scent really does get a little addictive. It doesn't changemuch throughout the day and I love that it stays true to it's original scent.

I would say the scent is really thick and warm though. If you're looking for a lighter, and less overpowering fragrance, this wouldn't be for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by angie897

I loved this fragrance when I sprayed it in Shopper's, but was hesitant to buy it because I had not heard of it before. The lady at the counter assured me that she had purchased it and knew it was long lasting. I ended up purchasing the box set instead of getting Dior Hypnotic Poison like I had planned (I own & love Dior Pure Poison!). I regret this decision.... smells great when first sprayed but has a lasting power of about 10 minutes. Don't waste your money!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by MichPaon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

When I first sprayed it on me I hated it! However as the day went on I absently fell in love with it! My friends even commented on how good I smelled! I just find when you first spray it, it can be a little harsh but after a few minutes its fades and leaves a great scent!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by dmoyer

I bought this based on reviews-mistake!! Initially smells praline-like/vanilla but the dry down is just terrible!! I know it's probably just a chemistry thing but yuck!i! Why is it when you love a fragrance it never lasts but when you hate one it lingers ALL day!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by ClassicPieces

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So.....i work around Hi End Fragrances all day.
I have worn different ones over the years, but none compare to this one. It is now my signature fragrance and i cant tell you how many people stop me and ask what im wearing. I practically bath in this stuff. No way to describe other than a pleasant mixture of sweet, powdery, musky.
Once you wear this one, you wont wear anything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by maca7

I love this scent! It is a very unique and distinc scent for ladies. It feels slightly strong when you put it on but whithin minutes the alcohol vapors disappear letting the real scent come through. This is important to keep in mind when you are fragrance shopping as you need to let the perfume settle for a little bit and develop. I absolutely love the way the floral and the wood notes mix, making this a very feminin frangrance. This perfume couples with a little black dress and stylish stilettos is guarnateed to turn heads. It is one of those scents you would wear during the day (in moderation of course) or save for those special ocasions. Oh, and just for the record it smells nothing like Emporio Armani. Armani wishes ;)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Meh... It smells almost exactly like Emporio Armani, the steelgrey bottle. While I love that, I don't love a copycat... Bottle design reminds me of the all those celeb fragrances, bit on the cheap side. Sorry all you lovers, this is just a miss as far as I'm concerned.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

Love, love, love this! (Did I mention I love this?) :-) Even though this is over my price range, I splurged before the holidays and purchased a gift set--perfume and body lotion.
I was so excited. It smelled on me exactly the way it smelled on the paper sampler. And it lasted a long time, too. What a yummy and sultry and smooth scent; all in one! Love all the vanilla! One problem: It makes my nose run. Both times I wore it, my nose was runny. Both times, when I washed it off, my nose dried up. Obviously there's something in Manifesto that doesn't agree with me. And that's weird because no other perfumes I have, have done this to me. Sadly, I had to return my purchase to the store. I've tried to find other perfumes that are similar to this wonderful/enticing scent, but to no avail. Gals, this is a great one, especially with you like vanilla. Besides vanilla, it's both a little fruity and a little floral.
The name should be "Perfecto".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Saw this as a gift set (inc body lotion) in Boots for half price. It was the last one in the January sales I treated myself. It was £23 which is a bargain.

I have been testing it regularly over a year so I knew I liked it.

It is a grown up fruity smell with dark undertones and a sweetness. Not too sweet or fruity. Very sophisticated so appropriate for night or day wear. It reminds me of Dior Addict but with added fruitiness.

The only negative is that the sandalwood can be a little heavy so I may not be able to wear it every day.