Yves Saint Laurent Manifesto

3.9

I really like this perfume. I have tried several different high end perfumes, and have several bottles of them still. I asked for some lady samples when I bought my boyfriend's black code and I got this one as one of the samples. I tried it and I was very intrigued. There was something about it though, that made me think of some kind of after shave and left me uncertain how I felt about it. I kind of didn't like it, but at the same time, I really did like it.

Over the next several days, I kept reapplying the sample of this stuff and I couldn't stop smelling it. I started to fall in love with it. But I still didn't know what people around me would think of it. I asked my boyfriend if he liked the scent and he said, "Yes. That smells really nice, actually." I told him he could buy that for me for Christmas if he wanted :p that is the real test.. I wouldn't buy any perfume if he disliked it.

Anyway.. So I got the full size bottle for Christmas and a small body lotion in this scent and a really nice YSL case that wasn't even available as an additional gift. My bf has a way with words :p

I only have one complaint though.. It doesn't last long. It smells really strong when you first apply it. After a few minutes, it calms down but then idk maybe a few hours later I don't smell it on me at all but can still smell it faintly on my wrists. Then a while later, the smell is completely gone. It does however, last on your clothes. I put it on my sweater one time and the next time I wore it, I smelled the yumminess.

I won't remove one point for that reason, though. I still love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I recently bought the Manifesto rollerball and I'm in love! I'm definitely going to be picking up a bottle of this stuff when I get the chance. It's a very strong vanilla-ish scent. I find it to be a really elegant perfume and it lasts so long (seriously if I don't shower at night and I can smell it on my pillow the next morning). Less is definitely more with this stuff, because I find if I put too much on the smell is very overpowering, but in moderation it's a wonderful perfume. That being said, I hate the packaging. I feel with a brand like YSL, the packaging should be top-notch (especially since you're paying a lot for the product). Manifesto's packaging looks tacky to me. (Why is that weird jewel thing in the centre of the bottle? Is it supposed to look like a upright bow? I just do not understand.) I expected more from the brand in that regard. But I buy my perfumes for how they smell, not how they look on my shelf, so I'll get over that particular flaw.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm compelled to write this review solely based on the audacity of the YSL brand to put out something like this. Manifesto is such a mediocre offering not reflecting the YSL brand as a perfume power house; this smells like something Coty would put out as a flanker to luxury lines. I agree with the review below that it is very similar to Armani Code, especially in the middle notes and dry down. Code is actually a bit more interesting since I can actually detect berries and acidic qualities. Manifesto is all tonka beans and vanilla. Offensively inoffensive, if there is such a thing.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is now my 2nd bottle of Manifesto. It's just so intoxicating, I love it. It's sensual, creamy floral, with a hint of vanilla. It stays for 6 hours, no joke, and it's hypnotic, addictive like a drug. I love smelling it on myself, and I also think the bottle is just gorgeous, easy to hold in the hand. This isn't the perfume for everyone because it's a little more grown up, more serious and adult than the really popular perfumes like Coco Mademoiselle. Unlike those perfumes, Manifesto doesn't smell perfume-y. It just sifts into my body chemistry and stays there, wooing me for hours with its subtle beauty vibe. I'm breathing in Manifesto as I write this - and I applied it 3 hours ago - just three quick sprays is all it takes.

The perfect scent. Thank you, YSL!!!!

Manifesto is really not bad! It has hints of vanilla and the smell lasts really long. If you're a vanilla lover, this would be perfect! Not too impressed with the packaging..

The scent really does get a little addictive. It doesn't changemuch throughout the day and I love that it stays true to it's original scent.

I would say the scent is really thick and warm though. If you're looking for a lighter, and less overpowering fragrance, this wouldn't be for you.

I loved this fragrance when I sprayed it in Shopper's, but was hesitant to buy it because I had not heard of it before. The lady at the counter assured me that she had purchased it and knew it was long lasting. I ended up purchasing the box set instead of getting Dior Hypnotic Poison like I had planned (I own & love Dior Pure Poison!). I regret this decision.... smells great when first sprayed but has a lasting power of about 10 minutes. Don't waste your money!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When I first sprayed it on me I hated it! However as the day went on I absently fell in love with it! My friends even commented on how good I smelled! I just find when you first spray it, it can be a little harsh but after a few minutes its fades and leaves a great scent!

I bought this based on reviews-mistake!! Initially smells praline-like/vanilla but the dry down is just terrible!! I know it's probably just a chemistry thing but yuck!i! Why is it when you love a fragrance it never lasts but when you hate one it lingers ALL day!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So.....i work around Hi End Fragrances all day.
I have worn different ones over the years, but none compare to this one. It is now my signature fragrance and i cant tell you how many people stop me and ask what im wearing. I practically bath in this stuff. No way to describe other than a pleasant mixture of sweet, powdery, musky.
Once you wear this one, you wont wear anything else!

I love this scent! It is a very unique and distinc scent for ladies. It feels slightly strong when you put it on but whithin minutes the alcohol vapors disappear letting the real scent come through. This is important to keep in mind when you are fragrance shopping as you need to let the perfume settle for a little bit and develop. I absolutely love the way the floral and the wood notes mix, making this a very feminin frangrance. This perfume couples with a little black dress and stylish stilettos is guarnateed to turn heads. It is one of those scents you would wear during the day (in moderation of course) or save for those special ocasions. Oh, and just for the record it smells nothing like Emporio Armani. Armani wishes ;)

Popular Fragrances