July 23, 2014 | 2019 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Manifesto

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by maca7

I love this scent! It is a very unique and distinc scent for ladies. It feels slightly strong when you put it on but whithin minutes the alcohol vapors disappear letting the real scent come through. This is important to keep in mind when you are fragrance shopping as you need to let the perfume settle for a little bit and develop. I absolutely love the way the floral and the wood notes mix, making this a very feminin frangrance. This perfume couples with a little black dress and stylish stilettos is guarnateed to turn heads. It is one of those scents you would wear during the day (in moderation of course) or save for those special ocasions. Oh, and just for the record it smells nothing like Emporio Armani. Armani wishes ;)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Meh... It smells almost exactly like Emporio Armani, the steelgrey bottle. While I love that, I don't love a copycat... Bottle design reminds me of the all those celeb fragrances, bit on the cheap side. Sorry all you lovers, this is just a miss as far as I'm concerned.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

Love, love, love this! (Did I mention I love this?) :-) Even though this is over my price range, I splurged before the holidays and purchased a gift set--perfume and body lotion.
I was so excited. It smelled on me exactly the way it smelled on the paper sampler. And it lasted a long time, too. What a yummy and sultry and smooth scent; all in one! Love all the vanilla! One problem: It makes my nose run. Both times I wore it, my nose was runny. Both times, when I washed it off, my nose dried up. Obviously there's something in Manifesto that doesn't agree with me. And that's weird because no other perfumes I have, have done this to me. Sadly, I had to return my purchase to the store. I've tried to find other perfumes that are similar to this wonderful/enticing scent, but to no avail. Gals, this is a great one, especially with you like vanilla. Besides vanilla, it's both a little fruity and a little floral.
The name should be "Perfecto".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Saw this as a gift set (inc body lotion) in Boots for half price. It was the last one in the January sales I treated myself. It was £23 which is a bargain.

I have been testing it regularly over a year so I knew I liked it.

It is a grown up fruity smell with dark undertones and a sweetness. Not too sweet or fruity. Very sophisticated so appropriate for night or day wear. It reminds me of Dior Addict but with added fruitiness.

The only negative is that the sandalwood can be a little heavy so I may not be able to wear it every day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The other day I was deciding on my "scent of the day". I didn't want to smell like fruits and I didn't want to smell like a flower market either. I was in the mood to smell sweet....but not to sweet though. I didn't want to smell like a cupcake or a cake ala Fantasy and I didn't want to smell like cotton candy ala Meow or Pink Sugar. Then my eyes settled on Manifesto and I knew my scent of the day had been chosen. Manifesto is full of vanilla and Tonka so it is sweet. It's not a cupcake or a twirl of cotton candy. Manifesto is a beautiful, warm woody floral...with jasmine I think. I sprayed it on and let it settle on me and I noticed something sharp. A note that kept it from going into cake territory. I thought it might has been basil or coriander but it isn't. It is the cedar note. Manifesto is sweet. A wonderful warm sweet. I left my office for a few minutes ago when I wore this a few days ago and when I came back my office was filled with the most wonderful scent warm woody vanilla and cedar. The cedar almost brings Manifesto to masculine territory so it could work as a nice men's scent. Manifesto lasts and lasts and lasts and gives great projection too. A gourmand scent for grown ups. The bottle is stunning and looks very expensive. Definitely one of the better offerings of late which is a nice surprise.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 11:18:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Manifestos often make me think of extremes but YSL's Manifesto runs in the opposite direction. It's about a little bit of this and a little bit of that. A pleasant, almost seamless balance of things - actually little bits of so many different things that it's bound to catch you with something. And in my experience, the early excitement fades off quite fast, leaving you with something slightly bland... like that scent on a silk scarf; again, a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

When I first tried it some time ago, I was overjoyed, almost felt like laughing in the dull department shop I was in. Manifesto opened with cool, airy and half sweet- half sour black currants. Then it turned slightly vanillic, slightly powdery (make-up bag), slightly ambery and even slightly coconutty. Like a melange of everything on the shelves.

I craved for it for a whole month, couldn't get it off my mind and eventually became the proud owner of my own tacky bottle. Soon though, the excitement faded and Manifesto became my everyday fragrance for work because it's acceptable and non-offensive. I ran through my bottle pretty quickly, earned a couple of compliments, caught some exciting whiffs around myself from time to time; but the love affair is over. Nice for autumn though.

Good sillage and good lasting power with multiple spritzes.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Piper47

I bought the small bottle after smelling this because I loved it! Sweet, vanilla but not cloying & floral - thought it would be my new signature fragrance however it has zero lasting power on me :( I literally can't smell it an hour after I applied. The do make a perfume rollerball so I tried that to increase longevity but got tired of re-applying

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by DesPi1997

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing fragrance!I love sweet scents and I just fell in love with this one...Not too sweet,instead it is very warm and mature!I just adore it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by UmmOmar

Normally I don't like sweet scents for me but this one won me over. I really love it. It's so light and sensual and feminine. Not too sweet, not too powdery just perfect, especially for Summer. Normally I don't like to stick to 1 perfume but I'd definitely buy this one again. I think it's worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Smooth, light, powdery flowers and a creamy wood base with resinous notes. Very wearable, very nice. Rich enough to be a night fragrance but still simple enough to be day wear. Very likable and since I'm not a huge Jasmine fan, a bit of a surprise.