October 22, 2014 | 1782 users online

Toners - Garnier - Pure Astringent Toner

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by baronchow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I believe this a new product ... there are reviews for Pure "Purifying". This one (in an aqua blue bottle) definitely says "Astringent".

An alcohol-based astringent with Salicylic Acid as the 3rd ingredient - SA is what I wanted to try for my hormonal messed up, zitty skin. This was the only toner that I could find at the drugstore with SA high up in the ingred list. Good price for 200ml, so worth trying out.

Has a cucumber-y/eucalyptus strong scent that disappears quickly, but that I actually liked.

Yes, this is drying out my skin a bit ... but it is clearing up my zits big time!! I'm using it twice a day, followed by moisturizer (Roc at night and tinted moisurizer in the morning) ... and the existing blemishes are healing quickly with very few new ones appearing. The ones that are coming up are smaller too.

Also does seem to tighten pores (hey, alcohol is the 2nd ingred!) temporarily.

NOTE: says on the bottle that it "is not recommended for dry or sensitive skin". My skin is fairly sensitive and mature ... but it's holding up fine. I avoid (or use minimally) on my sensitive areas. I plan on cutting back to nightly use soon.