December 20, 2014 | 1138 users online

Treatments - Essie - Grow Faster Base Coat

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This base coat is not making my nails grow any faster, but it does make them smoother and it dries very quickly, plus my polish lasted 3 days before it started to chip. Not as great as Revlon CS but hey, that's discontinued (thanks Revlon--not). It's definitely above average, and I'd definitely repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Shanna2104

I have stubby nails that are hard to grow. I have had this on my nails 7 days now (taken off and reapplied once) and it definitely works. My nails actually hang over my fingers now! It feels like a typical base coat when applied. It dries fast and to a clear finish. But it surprised me. I covered for my friend at his job while he went to a funeral on Wed. Knowing I'd be washing dishes for 9 hours, I applied only the Grow Faster to my nails-no color because we all know washing dishes can ruin a manicure in a hot minute. I carefully examined my nails when I got home and they hadn't chipped or came of anywhere at all. All I had to do was slap some color on and a top coat. That was impressive to me. I'll def repurchase and possibly get the Grow Stronger.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

Overall, not a good product. I have been using this for about a month now and I have yet to see results. It doesn't help my nails grow faster at all, nor does it make them feel stronger. They still feel brittle and haven't grown at all, not even in 2 weeks. It's an okay basecoat, though and I'd just use it for that. I've used better products that help nails grow, I wouldn't recommend this one, especially at the expensive price tag.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by prttybrwneyez13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I guess I'm the only one here not singing the praises of this polish. I bought it a while ago to help my nails grow, but I was never consistent with using it because of one thing: usually after applying, after a while my nails look dirty and they stain easily. I don't know what it is. In the past I've worn it as a base coat, so I never really noticed it until I started wearing it alone recently. Also, I wouldn't say that I've see an increase in nail strength or growth after using this product. I don't plan on purchasing this item again, nor will I wear it alone in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by stellarebecca

Okay first things first this stuff works!!!:D I have had it on for a day and I swear my nail have gotten stronger and longer. You can wear this as a base coat for your favorite nail polish or just by itself. I gave this product a 3 rating for price because it was pricey but it was defiantly less expensive then most of the other Nail growth polishes at the store I went to. As I have said in my review on Essie's Mint candy apple polish this nail polish bottle is amazing, I have even dropped it and it didn't break, leak or chip. Yes, I will defiantly buy this product again.:) I hope this review was helpful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by thistlegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm not sure what's in the bottle, but I suspect it may be magic.

While I'm fortunate and inherited the "good & strong" nails from my mum's side of the family, I've alway had a problem with breakage, particularly the sides of my thumbnails. Part of that is because I work with my hands but I've noticed since I started using Grow Faster, my nails are stronger and seem to be growing longer, faster. So much so that I was whining the other night that I had to cut my nails down because it was too hard to type with them. *boo hoo*

I agree that putting the wee little bottle of polish in a comparatively big box is extraneous packaging but it IS recyclable (in most areas).
It's not expensive, I paid about $7 at a local big box retailer- comparable cost to OPI, China Glaze (if it's not on sale) or Seche Vite (on sale) but for my money, it's better quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

I gave this a try because it's winter and inevitably my hands become dry and chapped and my nails break.

I am so pleased with this. Not only are my nails stronger and longer (just a bit), but they are not breaking. This is huge because I make jewelry. Between the sawing, filing, buffing and chemicals I get my hands into, usually my nails look as awful as my hands.
Currently I have blisters and cuts all over my hands, but my nails are still in pretty good shape, albeit a bit grubby looking from metal dust and etching resist.

Holy shamoly. Been using this 2 weeks now and I can already say this is HG. Plus it works well as a base coat and makes my cheaper colours (essence and SH) last a bit longer.

My only beef is the packaging. It just seems redundant to put this wee bottle in a box that's mostly empty, when essie polishes are just sold by the bottle. Anyway, not a huge deal and I doesn't lose this product any points with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by i8alltheBacon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't say this actually made my nails "grow faster" ...I don't think any nail product can...BUT...this stuff is VERY durable. I use it on my fingernails as a clear polish and it has lasted through many showers and day to day activities without peeling or chipping off at the edges. Just today I was scrubbing something and used my nails to get stuff out of the edges/corners....and my polish is fine. This dries quickly and lasts at least a week and half *the only reason I had to take it off and reapply was because my cuticles needed fixing up and there was about 2mm of bare nail at the base. Great stuff, I will be buying it again when this bottle is over.