September 21, 2014 | 1999 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Midnight Heat EDP by Beyonce

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by hunskar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

During the post-Christmas sales I came across this fragrace at a very decent discount and bought it on a whim, half expecting a fruity, sweet, gourmand fragrance similar to Britney Spears' Midnight Fantasy. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Midnight Heat dries down to a beautiful sandalwood scent; perfect for evening time. I recently bought the 100ml size of this fragrance so I won't run out of it and I'm not regretting it at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Absolutely vile perfume! It smells like public toilets and makes me feel sick of I smell it. Also the smell doesn't go when I first got it I put it on and after washing the top I wore I could still smell it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by chocolatecadre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this on a complete whim and ended up liking it a lot. It's got a decent longevity and while the fragrance's mix of sweetness and patchouli notes might not be for everybody, I liked it a lot. It does give me that 'midnight' feel and that's one of the reasons I really like wearing this fragrance when going out during the night. With that said, some people say you can tell an excellent fragrance from just a good one by the way strangers compliment or ask you about your fragrance. This one has not gained any compliments or curious questions, so I suppose it's average - a cheaper celebrity branded fragrance that may work for some people, but unlikely to become anybody's signature fragrance.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by tyekristopher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This to me when I first smelt it smelt of patchullie and candy... not really what I would put together... I dont care for this one very much... but than yet again I don't like beyonc'es fragrances except heat rush and even that one let me down because the longtivity was very poor... this one didn't raise my expectations of beyonce, I was thinking it would be a nice scent like taylor swift or britney's midnight fantasy but this one turned my belly upside down making me sick fast... It has an insence smell to it as well... I will pass on this one too...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 11:19:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

MIDNIGHT HEAT opens with a dark and rich plum note and, whilst I know it's meant to be star fruit, what smells to me like raspberry. There is also some fig, too. The plum note is much stronger then the other fruits and carries down to the perfume's heart and base.

I'm not able to separate any floral notes apart from the peony from the powdered jumble, as the patchouli develops quickly and lasts for the entire 'life' of the perfume. The mix of earthy patchouli, powdery florals and rich fruits is very curious; the structure of everything here doesn't really go together, but it works somehow.

There is no strong indication between the heart notes and the base, thanks to the constant presence of plum and patchouli. The sandalwood and amber are mingled closely together so it is a warm and creamy mix.

Official scent notes: plum, star fruit, Orchid, black tulips, purple peony, warm amber, sandalwood and patchouli.

I haven't been impressed by the regular Heat range [Heat Ultimate Elixir is great], so only came across this as my sister loves it. But I think I'm going to have to buy myself a bottle, as the clashing scent notes make this perfume addictive, as I keep grabbing testers everywhere I go, to get the feel of the different notes repelling each other.

This also has better staying power then the earlier releases; a five hour average on me. It's still not great, but at least we're getting some improvement, unlike other Coty ranges [I'm looking at you Kylie].

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No