February 28, 2015 | 1815 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2015 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Lemiel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Before I purchased this, I have done some research on which eyeshadow palette I should buy. After watch a lot of reviews from youtube and read some blogs, I decided to buy it.

Bought it from Ulta online for $42. I was so excited when the package arrived. The package is thin, light, has a magnet on it so we can close it easily.

I love this palette because it has half matte and half shimmer. You can do "no makeup" look, everyday makeup, natural makeup, glam makeup, basically you can do any makeup look you want using this palette.

Besides having lovely shades, what I do love about this palette is the pigmentation. The dark colors are so pigmented and buttery, you just have to use very tiny amount and it will show off on your eyelid and will last all day. But I face some fallout on light colors such as nude, champagne, bronze. I don't mind at all because I use that light colors mainly for inner corner or on waterline only.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2015 7:01:00 PM More reviews by viciousvices

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was more excited to purchase this palette than any of my other palettes, and I'm sorry to say I'm incredibly disappointed.

*Price: Ridiculous, if you live in Canada, where we cannot purchase this anywhere for less than $70, even on Amazon. I was lucky enough to spot this on Glambot, completely unused and brand new, for $40.
*Packaging: I love the packaging for how sleek and thin it is, making it easy to take with you. But we all know the deal with the matte black - it gets filthy almost immediately.
*Product: I don't think I've ever experienced so much fallout in my entire life. I had read some reviews warning me of this and I didn't take it seriously. Why would I? It was such a hyped product, every YouTube MUA was using it, everyone and their momma had this. But I really should've listened.
*Positives: Other than my gripes with the fallout, the colours are really nice. I like to use this for more glam looks. The Light Bronze shadow looks beautiful applied wet all over my lid because it looks almost exactly like my skin colour but with an intense shimmer, so I just look radiant and glowing. The black shadow is the blackest black I've ever had, and doesn't look faded and grey when I blend it into the outer V.
*Negatives: The lighter colours are a little... I don't know, chalky? Patchy? And I already mentioned the amount of fallout.

In the end, I'll continue to use this palette because it really does have lovely shades. I can deal with the fallout, I guess. I won't repurchase and I'm glad I didn't pay full price!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2015 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Mtalla33

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There have been so many wonderful comments about this palette and I will second all of them. Just can't believe it has taken me so long to get my hands on one of these. Every single time I would go into Ulta looking for this palette they were sold out. So after a while I gave up, until I finally decided to call ahead and have it held for me when they received the next shipment. So glad that I did because when I arrived at the store the shelf was bare, but my lovely palette was waiting for me behind the counter. Love it!!!! I have used this everyday since I purchased it. The versatility is incredible. Love love love!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2015 2:17:00 PM More reviews by gianiny29

The palette is beautiful having half of the colors be matte and half of the colors shimmer. The texture of the shawdows are smooth & buterry consistency, making it easy to blend. A perfect palette for every day looks or a night out in the town. Travel size appropriate with a mirror.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2015 11:07:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the best palette and most reached for in my stash. buttery, blendable, not too shimmery, no messy glitter or fallout. blows the naked palettes out of the water!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2015 5:40:00 PM More reviews by 4121998

If it's physically possible to love an eyeshadow palette, I do, wholeheartedly. Half matte and half shimmer is always gonna be a winner as many palettes often go overboard on the shimmers or mattes. SUCH a versatile palette! You can do a blackout smokey eye or the lightest of nude shimmers effortlessly. Really good eyebrow highlight and inner corner colours too. The most pigmented shadows I have used and they feel like butter and blend amazingly. Only downside is the price, it is STEEP but I do not regret buying whatsoever. Really sturdy packaging and it also has a mirror which is always a plus for travel. I love it!! My fave palette

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2015 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Lumpytacos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite palette. Having half matte shades is amazing, and each shadow is incredibly pigmented and buttery. Although I paid $65 AUD for this, it is well worth it. The only thing I don't like is the packaging, the size is good, but it gets very dirty, very fast. The velvety rubbery packaging must be wiped down quickly, I'm almost scared to take this out of the house, and it seems very easy to be worn down! Also, the gold in my opinion is just gross and tacky, and garnet is just plain fugly (very strong opinions, albeit my opinion only).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 12:45:00 AM More reviews by ewendlin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've had this palette for over a year now and find myself using it about every other day for subtle work looks and night out looks.

Color payoff: 4.5/5
Color range: 4/5 - I am running out of the lighter base/highlight shades faster than the rest

-1 out of 5 due to fallout. It takes a careful pat with your brush to avoid a slight dusting of the colors transferring to the small edges between shadows. Sometimes a girl just wants to get a good dose of her favorite shadow as a base color, and going back to gently pat a color onto your eyes three times takes away from a $50 purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 8:11:00 AM More reviews by AmberMardina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I already love Lorac, and couldn't wait to purchase this. The first time I saw it in store, I actually thought for a moment they were cream shadows because they are literally THAT creamy. I was a little worried when I saw reviews here about the pans running out quickly and there being so much waste when picking up the product with a brush. I bought it anyway, as I often do despite warnings, and I'm so glad I did. First, yes you need to use a light hand. This is not a hard, chalky cheap palette. This is an insanely pigmented, rich and creamy shadow, so I actually just lightly tap my brush on the shade once. Then I tap it on my lid. If I need more, which is rare, I repeat. It makes zero sense to rub at the pan to coat the brush and then tap the excess off. Why on earth anyone would do that, I have no idea. I have never run into a palette this pigmented and every shade performs well. I actually had to get used to not applying this like my other palettes, and sometimes I find myself being more vigorous than I need out of habit. I owned Naked 3 for about 4 days, and returned it because it was so disappointing. I have never gone back to UD as I see no point when Lorac consistency puts out amazing products. The shade Nude in this palette reminds me of Dust from N3, except Nude isn't made of freaking dust particles. It actually applies to the lid. So happy I picked this up and I can see it lasting a long time as I've had it several weeks, have used at least one shade daily, and it looks like I've used it maybe once. And mine isn't filthy either, I'm sure it has something to do with my light tap application.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2015 9:13:00 PM More reviews by schristi2800

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this palette! The shadows are so soft and smooth! Just Like butter. Im loving it more than my naked collection. Now i need to go out and purchase the lorac pro 2