December 19, 2014 | 1370 users online

Palettes - LORAC - PRO Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2014 12:01:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- color selection
- contains both matte/shimmer finishes
- easy to blend
- very soft
- long wearing

CONS

- some shades are TOO soft

COMMENTS: Very beautiful palette. I love the fact that there is an equal amount of both shimmer and matte finishes. They're incredibly pigmented, easy to blend, long wearing, and very soft. They're almost too soft. I have to be very careful when picking up product with my brush or else they create a mess. These shadows can be so easily dented and create fallout. Then again, the fact that they're so buttery is also a good thing. They're so easy to work with. It's a great palette to have if you love neutrals.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by ilyjen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS. This is my holy grail palette. As an owner of both Naked 1 & 2, too faced natural, return of sexy and the chocolate bar I can say that I've hardly touched them ever since the Pro came into my life. It's an extremely versatile palette and unlike other palettes on the market (I'm looking at you naked) every single color on here is usable and flattering on everyone. If you're looking for a palette to get your money's worth out of, this is certainly it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by xonicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm always looking for a neutral eyeshadow palette. I'm an eyeshadow palette hoarder, it's unhealthy. I'm obsessed with this palette, I use it every single day, everytime I do my makeup. I neglect my other palettes because I'm always using this one. The palette itself is a dust magnet. Everything sticks to it, the lettering is fading and chipping. I've had My palette for almost a year and it looks pretty beat up. Which is okay, because that just mean it's been loved. there's also a nice sized mirror that you can easily use to apply your makeup, if needed. This palette gives you a variety of finishes and shades. The top row is matte and the bottom is shimmer and satin finish. From left to right, the palette goes from light to dark. With the wide variety of shades/finish, you can create an eye look for any time of the day. There's a good amount of product in each pan. Every eyeshadow is super pigmented and creamy. These eyeshadows show up well and are long lasting with or without an eyeshadow primer. I haven't noticed any fallout or anything. My biggest fear when buying palettes is not knowing if I'm going to use the majority of the eyeshadows. I don't have that problem with this palette. I've used/like every eyeshadow in this palette, every shade is wearable, Imo. A lot of people compare this to Urban Decay's Naked. I don't think they're the same in any way- there's two different palettes, two different concepts. I like the Naked palette and everything, but I prefer the pro palette. Maybe because this palette provides more matte shades, I don't know. I recently started project 10 pan. Project 10 Pan is when you choose 10 products that you want to hit pan on or finish, for whatever reason. It can be makeup, skincare, haircare, whatever you want. I've hit pan on sable, espresso and pewter, and I put a dent in sable and mauve. Lt Bronze, Slate, and Garnet are my new-found favorites. Nude, champagne, and white are my favorite inner corner highlights. I can see myself finishing this palette by the fall.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by bribi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Normally, I'm more into contouring and "face stuff" than I am eyes. Most eyeshadows just don't look good on me, so it's hard to get excited about cream and brown all day everyday. But, I decided that I needed to switch up my game and deviate from my daily "naked" palette, which is too warm for me anyway, and couldn't decide between naked 3, or the Smashbox on the rocks palette. Then I saw this. I'd seen it online before and thought it was ugly, but in person, the colors are so much better. It literally is PERFECT. One matte white and one matte black, which is awesome in and of itself. I'm sick of the shimmer everywhere. I like that this palette is actually half matte, with all the matte colors you'd want like pink and cream and mauve and dark brown. The shimmers are really rich, and are all accent colors, so they're ones you would want to have a shimmer. Like bronze, champagne and deep burgundy, for instance. Every color is very wearable, like there's no "that's nice, but not for me" colors in here. And they are soo blendable; more so than UD, and very pigmented. That's a hard combo to find! Love love love- LORAC, you never let me down <3

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 8:26:00 AM More reviews by OliviaWalter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect palette! If you are the kind of person who just wants one 'does it all' eyeshadow palette, this is the one for you!!!! It has every colour you could need and what I especially love is that there is an equal balance between mattes and shimmers! The quality is amazing and the packaging is sleek. The price I think is very reasonable considering the quality of the product, it's my holy grail I love it!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by fecktopia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Lots of great things about this palette but a few personal criticisms. There was so much kick up at first I was afraid I received a fake, but it's just that the pigments aren't as tightly pressed as other brands like UD. My brushes pick up more than I need so just tap it off before applying. The first few looks were muddy and awful until I realised softly is the way. Pick up, tap, pat on lids, blend out. Repeat until look achieved. I'm not hugely in to neutrals but everyone should have them. This palette is appealing to me as it offers a great range of colours that work well together. It's just missing some edgier shades for it to be my daily go to. I'm not finding that I can create a huge diversity of looks with just this one. The shades in pro 2 or mega pro look like they can create more. That said though the most amazing, and I mean game-changing AMAZING thing about the pro is the blendability. I have hundreds of shadows from so many brands and nothing blends as well as these. A soft fluffy blending brush does it quickly and cleanly, and my first few failed looks were probably so muddy because I am used to having to work much harder for that result. For 42 bucks from Amazon, this is a steal considering the quality of the shadows and how long they will last given you don't need much product. I'm not usually a matte fan but I use them more now with the pro. Unfortunately lt pink and mauve which are my favourite mattes seem a bit chalkier than the others. Likewise lt bronze and pewter seem less pigmented than the other shimmer shades. Interestingly these 4 shadows are the middle square of the palette and I wonder if that is just coincidence or a fault in mine. The champagne shimmer is going much quicker than the others, closely followed by slate. I use one of these in most looks created with the pro or with other palettes too. But really all the shades are quite versatile and even if you are like me and don't often do neutral, browny looks they are super handy to have on hand. Longevity is pretty excellent on its own bit colours and wear time are improved with the use of lorac behind the scenes primer, which is a star product in its own right. If you are considering purchasing this, do give the lorac palettes consideration as the quality and usability is in a class of its own, but might take a bit of practise or experimenting if you are not use to such pigmented, smooth shadows. Pro 1 seems geared at warm tones and 2 more cool, but unlike the UD nakeds I think the shades are more interchangeable. I'm a warm leaning neutral and think I prefer 2, so do some research and try them out. You won't regret it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I finally succumbed to the LORAC Pro Palette, and while I think this a great mix of neutrals, it's not the end all be all of eye shadow combos. I like that this is an equal split of matte and shimmer shades. I tend to go for the matte shades more as I find shimmers tend to migrate more which I hate! The colors are rich and very pigmented, and are a nice selection of soft and bold colors. I'd recommend this alone on the fact that you get many great colors, with excellent lasting power and non-transfer qualities. This palette is WAY better than any of Urban Decay's Naked palettes, which are over-hyped and over-priced in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by fesherton

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Top quality shadows. I think the colors in this palette are all beautiful and very well chosen. Excellent that there is a row of matte and a row of shimmer. So, the combination of the colors and the finishes gives you countless options for looks. Again, the quality is simply amazing.

If I had to choose just one palette, it would most likely be this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by lozzie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have pined after this for a few years, but it's not available in Australia, so when I found it on Amazon with shipping to Australia for $42 (plus shipping) I couldn't resist. It's so beautiful, a little goes a long way, the shadows are buttery and not chalky. They're easy to blend and I love that there are 50% matte shades. The shimmer shades are lovely they're wearable shimmers, not glittery in your face ones that are apparent in other popular palettes. The shades work together wonderfully so no matter your make up skill level you could use this no worries. The bonus eye shadow primer is great too, my shadow stayed fresh looking until it was time to remove it at bedtime. Side note if you buy off Amazon- their packaging for postage is poor I've heard many reports of broken palettes bring received. Mine was okay, but just so you know.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by sahbear95

Loving this palette so much! So many beautiful neutral shades, to make so many different eye looks with, perfect for travelling if you don't want to take multiple eyeshadows with you. I was drawn to this palette because of the even distribution of matte and shimmery eyeshadows within the palette, I wish more palettes had more matte shadows within them like this one. The versatility of this palette in my opinion makes it a must have within any collection regardless of the size. My only criticisms of this palette are the packaging which becomes dirty very easily, and eventually look scuffed and cheapening the palette, also the price available to Australian market is ridiculous in comparison to other markets, but regardless I am glad that I purchased this item, and is defiantly worth it. After this purchase I shall be attempting to get my little paws on the Lorac Pro Mega palette!