LORAC PRO Palette

4.5

on 7/2/2015 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I've had this palette for a good three months so I've had enough chances to play with it. It's a versatile palette because in one small slim compact you can definetely create several looks, just a wash of colour on the lid, a summer bronzy look, a more classic smokey eye. So it's easily what I reach most during the week. Pewter is probably my favourite shade, with a good primer, it achieves the same performance of a high end shadow stick. There are some very interesting matte crease colours with enough pigment to complement a smokey eye and they're my favourite in the palette. I'm a bit less keen on the shimmers, as they tend to become less defined when the weather warms up and mix in an undefined brown bronze. I prefer to use the shimmers on their own, so that the colour stays true with a good primer. It's a good palette and I'm glad I've got it, but there's room for improvement.

on 7/2/2015 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This palette is the beginner's best friend. Yes, it is expensive (42$) but it has every nude you could ever need plus the amazing shimmers. Before it, I only had elf shadows which are good, they're pigmented and cheap and a great option for beginners but they don't really last, and if you think those are pigmented, the Lorac Pro will blow your mind. The packaging in super slim, you get a good amount of shadow in it (close to pan of the Latte shade:( ) and I use it for every look I ever do, it's that good.

In the end I'd say this: if you're looking for that ONE high end palette that has everything you need, if you're staring out or just want amazing matte shadows, this is it.

on 6/28/2015 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

What is there left to say about this palette? It's a great starter palette, it was the first higher end makeup item that I bought.

My favorite shadows (as a very pale, green eyed, dark blonde person) are pewter and garnet. The mattes are all great, but mauve may be my favorite.

on 6/27/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really struggle with my feelings on the LORAC Pro Palette. I really, really want to love it. It's got a wonderful array of neutral shades with a few pops of color thrown in for good measure. Taupe is the best for my crease. There's so many things I, in theory, should love about this palette.

But the truth is, I don't really love it. I like it so-so, but it's not a love. I can't say that I would never repurchase it because I'm technically on my second one, but it's a regret buy. I exchanged my first one on Reddit's /r/makeupexchange and I'll likely be doing it again with this one as well.

Here's the main problem: the colors just come out muddy within a few hours of wearing them. I've experimented with primers (LORAC, Too Faced, UD, NARS, etc.), MAC Paint Pots, etc. and the result is the same. I've mixed up how I blend: very little amounts, excessive amounts, the result comes out to be the same. Within hours, the color is one, large, taupe-y blah mess on me.

The colors are lovely and have decent pigmentation, but if they can't stay the colors I'm looking for, I don't necessarily know that it's worth me buying and using still. Even the darkest shades become dull and gray-colored after a few hours of wear.

It's a good work horse palette, though. The shades are great neutrals and it's solid for those with conservative work environments, but still able to play nice if you're looking for a night on the town or some fun with your looks.

Pros:

- Nice mix of mattes and satins
- Taupe is the most wonderful crease shade (for those on the lighter end of the skintone spectrum)
- Decent pigmentation
- Great for any kind of work environment

Cons:

- After few hours of wear, colors become muddied even with different primers/Paint Pots/bases, etc.

on 6/20/2015 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this palette .. I got it for my birthday ( a guilty pleasure fulfilled 😁👏) and I must say it's amazing , it's a beautiful everyday palette with matte's and shimmers .. The colors apply smoothly and blend nicely .. It also came with an eye primer .. It has nice crease colors and lid colors ranging from matte to shimmery to satin and metallic (gold) .. Overall a great value for the price , color payoff and quality of the palette itself .. Highly recommend it if you're in the market for a neutral palette that goes great with most skin tones .. And it's really versatile , I use it to fill in my eyebrows, as eyeliners , face highlight and just a basic wash of color on my lid when I'm not in the mood for eyeshadow and it also has great transitioning shades
.. And with the eyeprimer the shadows stay amazing and pigmented throughout the day 👏👏

on 6/12/2015 11:44:00 PM

This palette is one of the most popular for a reason-it is a great every day palette and well worth the money. The shadows are highly pigmented and buttery and very easy to apply and blend.

I love the variety of textures (both shimmer and matte) and colors (mostly warm neutrals, but also has black/blue/shimmery burgundy if you want to add a bit of interest or smokiness).

My quick go-to work look is cream on the lid and browbone and a mix of taupe and mauve in the crease. It really is a 30 second eye and wears all day (the shadows are very pigmented and wear well all day long, but I always use primer because I have oily lids).

The palette is also very compact and the shadows don't break easily, even when traveling, so it's very travel friendly.

on 6/12/2015 11:01:00 PM

Better late than never! I just bought this product about a month ago & i swear to it,it feels a dream! Its so buttery & pigmented that a little goes a long way. I dont even have to use a e/s primer considering that im living in a tropical country & i sweat a lot,this Lorac Pro Palette is a dream.

on 5/20/2015 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Despite owning several eyeshadows and eyeshadow palettes, I find myself reaching for this one the most.

Buttery, pigmented, pretty neutral shades -this is what I call a perfect neutral palette!

This is my all time favorite pallet. I have tried Naked Smashbox and many others, but none compare to this. The colors work well for me, and I think they are pretty easy to apply. I am almost afraid to use it too much because I don't want to run out. Well worth the price!

on 5/14/2015 1:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

If I had to pick only one palette to have in my collection this would be it!!! This palette has basic colors needed to create tons of looks (neutral looks, daytime and night-time looks) and is the perfect starter set for someone without many eyeshadows. I leave this palette in my travel makeup bag which i bring to work 3x a week since I start early in the morning and don't have time to put on a whole face of makeup at 6am. Definitely would recommend getting this palette!!

Popular Palettes