LORAC PRO Palette

4.5

I received this yesterday in the mail (extremely late on the band wagon for this...!!) WOW!! This palette is insane! I fell involve immediately! Although I own my fair share of neutral palettes, this one plunged straight to the top beside my Stila 'In The Light' palette!! The pigmentation for every single colour is amazing. The shadows are all very buttery, soft, and blendable. The range of colours is perfect whether you're wanting a neutral day time subtle look, or a smokey night out look!

Packaging- Because I had never seen/tested this palette before buying my own, I was extremely impressed with the compact packaging of this palette! It is so thin and would be perfect for any storage space you may have for your palettes, or for anyone that is very on the go!

I'm not sure about the regular price of this product, but since I bought it on eBay, I wanted to make sure that the palette was genuine. I paid 90 something NZD for this palette which I was definitely willing to pay for this gem!!

I think that all of the hype for this palette all over the internet was well called for!! I would 100% recommend this!! 5 lippies for everything :* If you're looking for a new neutrals palette to add to that collection, hit up the Lorac Pro Palette!! :* You won't regret it!!

on 4/6/2015 7:48:00 PM

I love this palette. It has matte shades and shimmer shades. Beautiful range of browns and warm colors. The formula of these shadows are so creamy and pigmented. This was the first high-end palette I bought from all the hype from beauty gurus and I have to agree with them.
The only thing I dislike is the packaging; it gets dirty easily. Other than that this palette is WONDERFUL and I recommend it to anyone and everyone!

on 3/29/2015 8:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I am an outlier. LORAC pro isn't my favorite or most used palette. It just doesn't excite me like some of my others. Yes the quality is there. Yes the colors are pretty. But I have others that I just feel fit my skin tone and eye color better. I'll keep it and power through but I won't repurchase.

on 3/28/2015 2:11:00 AM

I love this even more than all my urban decay palettes. The entire top row of colors are matte and I reach for them all the time. The lower shades are just as pigmented and easy smooth to blend. Its my go to palette and it produces the easiest most natural blended eye looks. I hesitated at first to buy this even as it got years of hype because I have all the Urban Decay Naked ones. I get the most compliments on my eyes when I use the Lorac Pro palette. I would buy again in a heartbeat and I recommend 100%!

on 3/28/2015 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used and loved LORAC shadows in the past, but this palette is horrible. This is probably my most hated makeup item. I am tempted to toss it in the trash. The colors look beautiful and are extremely pigmented, but they are so powdery that they are unworkable. Even the smallest tap with a brush leaves a powdery mess and the colors blend together as a horrible muddy mess. Every color I try makes me look like I got punched in the eye or have some type of eye infection. The light shimmers are too glittery and frosty and look tacky.

If you want an easy, natural subtle look, this palette is not for you. The only thing I liked about the palette was the primer.

on 3/16/2015 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this palette and use it every day. I was searching for a palette that contained wearable neutral shades, as well as shimmery/colorful shades. I think this palette is a combination of both. The price point is definitely on the expensive side, but it is worth every penny. The shadows are very buttery, pigmented, and easy to apply/blend. The packaging is very slim so it is perfect for travel. I think this would be great for anyone that is just getting started on playing with different eye shadow looks.

on 3/15/2015 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

What is there not to love about this palette? I have had the Naked 1 and 2 since their release and have tried to love eyeshadows but it didn't happen. If like me, you're a neutral lover who doesn't venture out beyond browns and bronzes hues in the lids.. You need this palette in your life. I never thought I would like a palette so much! Every single colour will be used as opposed to some colour in the Nakeds, leaving others untouched.

I only have one gripe with this product and it is the packaging. It does attract finger prints and glitter. Besides that I appreciate it being minimal, slim and sophisticated. The mirror is decent in size.
That aside, the product is phenomenal. The eyeshades are crazy pigmented. Each colour comes off as seen in the pan. Some brushes may pick up extra product so tap off the excess to avoid fallout when blending.

On my NC20-25 Asian skin tone, Gold does not seem to agree. However when Gold and Taupe are mixed.. A strikingly beautiful copper is created. Similarly when Gold is mixed with Lt. Bronze.. rose gold is born! I love these combos as all over the lid colours.
Slate, Deep Purple and Garnet make for wonderful quick smokey eyes.
Taupe, Mauve, Sable and Espresso are fantastic as transition shades. Extra mention for Mauve - simply stunning.
White is this creamy White.. Nothing stark as I have seen in other palettes. All over base colour to the brow bone? Works wonderfully.
Cream and Lt. Pink are mostly used to buff out eyeshadow! But they can be used over the lid also.

Buy this palette! Hailing from Australia.. I thought long and hard about this palette.. Because there is simply so much on the market. But hunting this down was worth it. Before being able to get my hands on this.. I purchased Too Face's Chocolate and Semi Sweet.. They're nice but do not compare. Why settle for nice when there's extraordinary?

I don't need any other palette in my life.

on 3/11/2015 1:15:00 PM

The primer is not the best. But the colors and pigmentation are amazing totally worth . Go smoothly on the lid and super easy to blend it . Honestly my favorite palette ♡

on 2/25/2015 3:30:00 AM

Before I purchased this, I have done some research on which eyeshadow palette I should buy. After watch a lot of reviews from youtube and read some blogs, I decided to buy it.

Bought it from Ulta online for $42. I was so excited when the package arrived. The package is thin, light, has a magnet on it so we can close it easily.

I love this palette because it has half matte and half shimmer. You can do "no makeup" look, everyday makeup, natural makeup, glam makeup, basically you can do any makeup look you want using this palette.

Besides having lovely shades, what I do love about this palette is the pigmentation. The dark colors are so pigmented and buttery, you just have to use very tiny amount and it will show off on your eyelid and will last all day. But I face some fallout on light colors such as nude, champagne, bronze. I don't mind at all because I use that light colors mainly for inner corner or on waterline only.

on 2/15/2015 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was more excited to purchase this palette than any of my other palettes, and I'm sorry to say I'm incredibly disappointed.

*Price: Ridiculous, if you live in Canada, where we cannot purchase this anywhere for less than $70, even on Amazon. I was lucky enough to spot this on Glambot, completely unused and brand new, for $40.
*Packaging: I love the packaging for how sleek and thin it is, making it easy to take with you. But we all know the deal with the matte black - it gets filthy almost immediately.
*Product: I don't think I've ever experienced so much fallout in my entire life. I had read some reviews warning me of this and I didn't take it seriously. Why would I? It was such a hyped product, every YouTube MUA was using it, everyone and their momma had this. But I really should've listened.
*Positives: Other than my gripes with the fallout, the colours are really nice. I like to use this for more glam looks. The Light Bronze shadow looks beautiful applied wet all over my lid because it looks almost exactly like my skin colour but with an intense shimmer, so I just look radiant and glowing. The black shadow is the blackest black I've ever had, and doesn't look faded and grey when I blend it into the outer V.
*Negatives: The lighter colours are a little... I don't know, chalky? Patchy? And I already mentioned the amount of fallout.

In the end, I'll continue to use this palette because it really does have lovely shades. I can deal with the fallout, I guess. I won't repurchase and I'm glad I didn't pay full price!

Video Reviews & Tutorials