Revlon Perfect Heat 1 1/2" Curling Iron w/ Minerals

1.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/18/2015 6:00:00 AM

This is not a good product, it is poorly designed and it doesn't work well.
Like the previous reviewer mentioned, the temperature control dial is really loose and it's placed in such a way that it's always getting moved around while you curl your hair. Makes this curling iron very difficult to use. And the barrel really needs to be longer. The end results are that my hair basically looks straightened, not curled. I bought this thing a year ago and I literally never reach for it, I plan to give it away.
In the past I've bought several 1 1/4" barrel curling irons by Revlon (several because the cheap little things don't last very long) and they have a different design altogether from the 1 1/2" version. No problems with the temperature control and they actually put a curl in my hair. So I thought I'd try the bigger barrel, but it turned out to be a total waste of money.
I'd say pass on Revlon altogether if you can and buy Hot Tools curling irons, they cost more but they aren't outrageously expensive. They work forever too, I have a 1" Hot Tools that's lasted me something like 15+ years.
If you're looking for a 1 1/2" curling iron I do not recommend this one at all. Would not buy again!

on 9/7/2012 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I wanted to love this, the specs are great, it's Tourmaline Ceramic, 30 heat settings, 30 sec heat up, auto shut-off, and a swivel cord. Even has Mineral Conditiong Crystals which they are really probably just referring to the ceramic. So this curling iron's deisgn is so that the heat dial is on the side very near the part where you hold your hand and as you twist the curling iron to curl your hair the heat setting gets changed. The dial has no 'tension' to it so it turns extremely easy and i didnt even realize it was happening. I figured maybe I could just put a picece of tape over it but in the end this just didnt curl my hair like another 1 1/2 barrel I have. I guess you could say my hair didnt look flat-ironed anymore but there just wasnt hardly any change to justify keeping it :( oh ,also the barrel wasnt every long compared to my other one and with long hair you need a longer barrel.

Popular Hair Styling Tools