Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Ready Foundation

3.3

Alaria Esculenta Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Boron Nitride, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Phosphate, Coco-Caprylate, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Geraniol, Iron Oxides, Jojoba Esters, Lauroyl Lysine, Linalool, Mica, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Zinc Oxide.

on 5/11/2015 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like this for travel and light coverage days when I'm on the go. The packaging is less messy than the loose, but I still prefer that over this. I'm not sure if I'll repurchase this. It isn't quite HG in my opinion but there aren't a lot of pressed powder foundation options on the market to choose from.

on 5/8/2015 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really didnt like this product. Compared to other mineral pressed foundations, this was not good at all. I felt like the powder just sits on top of your skin, and even if you use only a tiny bit it is mask like. The coverage is big, but doesn't look natural or sink into the skin. There are other pressed mineral foundations (Jane Iredale pressed base, or Youngblood pressed foundation are awesome) that are way better for only a little more cost, so I can't give this a great vote and wouldn't buy again. If you do buy this, the best way I found to apply was to use a long handle flat top kabuki brush and softly dab in the powder (only a tiny bit) and apply straight strokes. As others said do not buff it on or apply too much or it will look like a mask. The one silver lining was- this pressed powder did not break me out, whereas bare minerals original loose foundation broke me out. Tip: The Jane Iredale pressed base is expensive initially for the case and product but you can buy refills on eBay for about $32 which is not much more than the bare minerals. I have done that for years and had no problem! Try Jane Iredale or Youngblood mineral pressed powders .. Those are awesome.

Bare minerals claims it is for sensitive skin, however, I got a horrible allergy reaction to this powder! I had bumpy red spots all over my face and neck. As soon as I stopped using it my face slowly healed back to normal. For reference, I have dry, sensitive, acne proned skin. I would recommend staying away from this powder if you have the same skin distinction as I do.

on 3/24/2015 10:32:00 AM

This wouldn't be my first choice for a pressed powder foundation.

It has a bad tendency to still be very messy and powdery during application with a brush or a sponge. I've used this on clients with various skin types and it tends to be an OK option for those with dry skin although I tend to like powders better for those with oily skin as it tends to absorb oil and shin and this is no exception.

The shade range is pretty impressive I will say and the inclusion of SPF is a nice touch.

It does blend out well, doesn't get streaky and doesn't feel heavy on skin. I just don't like that it's still a little messy to apply out of the compact and that to avoid the same effect on skin, a primer or fairly heavily moisturized skin is a must.

I first started off absolutely loving this foundation and the whole Ready range (bronzer, veil and blush) as I loved the coverage it gave me (like seriously good coverage). I don't think this would suit dryer skin types as it is a powder foundation it's not too fab on my dry patches (I have combination skin). I started to hate it after a few months (mostly because I missed using a liquid foundation!) but also I did notice it started to go shiny throughout the day - not just in my oily zones but in my dry areas too). It didn't stay on the whole day, but I've heard it does for some people so maybe that's just my skin type. I think the absolute worst thing about it is the packaging! I like my makeup to stay clean but it has Matte packaging which is a nightmare to clean! Also all the products looks exactly the same on the outside so that's a bit of an annoyance. If you're looking for coverage and you don't have super dry skin I would say this is perfect

on 3/14/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Even the sales assistant warned me about this product, suggesting I stick to the original loose product instead. But I was about to embark on some weeks of travel and wanted to have a compact mineral foundation solution to disguise my reddened sensitive skin. A last minute purchase this was, and a badly researched one.

I use the lightest shade in the original formula, and was matched with R101 in this formula. The SA applied this somewhat thickly (I had done *some* research and read that one should use the lightest touch) and then proceeded to add bronzer and blush, presumably to humanize the ghostly pallor this almost iridescent powder foundation provided me.

It is unheard of for me to meet a foundation lighter than my skintone, but here it is. Trying this alone, applying in a number of ways, it just doesn't work. Many reviewers describe this as more matte than the original, which was a selling point to me, but having used it I don't agree. The powder is not as smooth, and closeup appears in tiny patches, clinging to some unlikely micro flakes, even on well hydrated and exfoliated skin.
And then it shines. I have never understood the obsession with pores; I supposed I didn't really have any, but Bare Minerals Ready foundation has taught me that I do. I certainly do.
]

And so, I will not use this as foundation. It is a terrible foundation. Pale, shiny, difficult to apply and sits unhappily on my t-zone (i.e. The Place That Needs it Most). It even feels a little itchy at times, and I started to become paranoid that it was actually making my pores larger rather than just highlighting them. I was going to try and bring it back for a refund, or exchange for my usual Bare Minerals Original,
but then!
One evening before going out I happened to think to apply it with a small fluffy eyeshadow brush as a very subtle highlighter to strategic spots and Oh! what unlikely perfection!

This is just that one tiny shade too light for my skin and so over-glowy, that it is perfect for soft contouring. I've tried contouring and highlighting before, but it never really worked for me, pale as I am. This is exciting though.

I wouldn't recommend anyone purchase it for this purpose. Unless you're as very pale as I am there will probably be better products. But if you find yourself with this product because of some unfortunate decision you made while stressed about travel plans, then give it a try before going through the nuisance of trying to return it (as I was informed "we can't accept returns on opened products unless they've caused an allergic reaction, and not at all if you tried it on in store previously").

on 3/2/2015 3:39:00 PM

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin with some blotchiness and uneven skin tone. This foundation is amazing at making my skin appear smooth and even. It takes a small amount to obtain full coverage; you need to be careful not to use too much or it gets mask-like. Because of this, it should last a long time. The color stays true and does not oxidize, and coverage lasts all day. It's difficult to find an a compact mineral foundation that is silicone-free; this is one of them, and it's phenomenal.

on 1/27/2015 3:10:00 PM

This is my new favorite. I tend to prefer powder foundations for the ease of application -- I'm the girl that's always putting her makeup on at red lights or AFTER I get to work, haha. (Sorry, everyone.)

Other powder foundations I've tried: Too Faced Cocoa powder (great), Sephora brand mineral foundation (great), Amazing Cosmetics (meh), IT Cosmetics Celebration foundation (decent), Cover FX (decent), MAC Mineralize (awesome but it broke me out), etc. I've used Lucy Minerals, Southern Magnolia Minerals, and Tarte Amazonian Clay too and while I liked them, if it doesn't come in a compact I'm just not gonna use it. I have indeed also tried the regular Bare Escentuals foundation and I was one of the lucky legions that experienced a negative reaction to the bismuth oxychloride.

This Ready Foundation though, like I said, is my favorite. I found a perfect color match immediately, it applies easily and is buildable to FULL, really full, coverage (unlike my other faves) without using a ton of product or looking like a powdery, cakey mess. It lasts fairly long; if I don't mess with my face it stays intact but something like, say, taking a nap will fade it considerably. Looks good over BB/CC creams as well as on its own. It continues to look good too after a later-in-the-day reapplication. I appreciate the SPF 20. It seems to have decent (but not ironclad) oil controlling properties (another thing lacking in my other powders) and has that nice mineral-y finish. Doesn't oxidize, doesn't break me out (hallelujah), isn't cheap but isn't crazy $$$. I'll spend $29 for the one thing that I use every day and makes me look presentable to the world.

I prefer setting this with something to take down the powdery effect a bit. I'll use Juice Beauty's moisturizing mist as a refresher during the day, or the NYX setting spray if I'm going out at night. I find it makes it look a lot better than on its own and increases wear time. Packaging is a slim, matte black rubber compact that doesn't take up too much space in my makeup bag (unlike... *ahem* my other faves).

Highly recommend. Honestly, I'll probably stop the foundation search unless this totally fails me in the summertime!

on 1/27/2015 2:01:00 PM

I love this foundation!! I have extremely sensitive, acne prone skin and I've gone through so many different foundations, this by far is my favorite. I use this bare minerals oil control primer and hydrating mineral veil.
When I first bought this combo at ulta I really hated myself for how much I spending but it was so worth it!!
I have been struggling with acne for a while now and through the process of getting my skin back to normal this stuff really makes me feel confident no matter how bad my breakouts are that day.
I use a small concealer brush to cover my trouble areas then use the flawless face brush to cover the rest and blend. You have to careful about how much you use with this foundation which is why I do it this way. If I use the right brush I only need a little to cover breakouts.
One more tip with this foundation, getting the correct shade will make all the difference. Honestly I hated this foundation before I got the right shade. Wherever you go to buy this have someone match your skin tone!! I've tried the two shades closest to my shade (because mine was out of stock) and it looked awful. If they don't have the one they match you with, wait.
Hope this is helpful, again I love love love this foundation!

on 1/14/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I will start by saying i loathed the original bm loose mineral foundation. I could never find a good colour match, always looking like a tin can due to the pink ashy undertones and shiny finish. It was very unflattering on my Indian Asian medium brown skin tone. I dismissed this brand, thinking they were clueless about catering for ethnic skin tones.
Forward a few years, i happened to try the ready version in a department store, thinking the colours looked much more yellow toned and more suitable for brown skin. The pressed minerals appealed to me and i liked the minimal packaging. It was a fantastic colour match (R330). Absolutely spot on, natural looking and undetectable. I have a dark red birth mark to cover and this does so beautifully and so naturally.
I can't believe this is the same company making the shades of make up. The ready is lovely for ethnic skins, but i still feel the same about the loose version.
The ready lasts all day long. I use it after moisturiser and primer (not always primer if I'm in a rush) and it lasts all day long with no touch ups required. Easily 12-14 hours. It also photographs amazingly. Beautiful, airbrushed and undetectable finish even close up. No flash back from the spf, no tin face, no shininess. Just perfect looking skin.
I'm so surprised at the negative reviews, but then again this always happens to me. A product that everyone seems to rave about never performs on me, and something most people complain about works great for me! I very rarely write reviews, but felt bad this product seemed to be doing poorly on the review front when its my holy grail product. And a small plea (nay - a grovel) to not change the formula or discontinue this product based on these reviews because it really is a massive improvement on the original for me (which i still continue to hate). I have repurchased this 4 times now, using each compact down to the pan and will continue to repurchase.
Well done and thank you BM !!