July 28, 2014 | 952 users online

Foundations - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Ready Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Idk why there are so many bad reviews, I think this is a great powder foundation, I normally go for liquid as im on the drier side, but I was interested in the ready since I'd tried the original (although I thought that one didnt last and didnt have enough coverage) anyways, this is pretty simple to apply. I use an elf powder brush and its simple, quick great coverage. I finish with a few sprits of nyx dewy finishing spray since I dont like the look of powder. Lasts all day as well. It looks really natural. Great for summer time. I do make sure to moisturize before hand and use a silicone primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by enawhz

I ran out of my matte loose powder and needed to get a new color match anyway. I like the matte foundation, but it wasn't my favorite. The woman at Ulta convinced me to try it and I am SO happy I did. Heres the thing...had I not seen how perfectly she applied this foundation, I would have returned the product the next day. It took me a month or so to get rid of the powdery cakey look, but practice makes perfect!

In terms of application the real techniques expert face brush is good for medium coverage and the bare minerals precision face brush is perfect for medium-full coverage. Don't apply this like your loose powder. Gently tap the brush into the compact and blow off any excess..use a very small amount since it is very pigmented. Buff the product into your skin in circular motions and add as product as needed. For a full coverage look you will need to put more product in your brush a max of 3 times w/ the precision face brush.

This is not a foundation that you can throw on w/out blush so if that is what you want I would pass. If you think your face looks too powdery or matte spray on a makeup setting spray. This lasts all day on me, but keep in mind I have a setting powder I keep with me all day to tame oil. Please don't carry this foundation in your purse. If you applied it correctly you won't need to touch up with the actual product unless you work 12 hour days. The case doesn't seem like it would protect the product very well.

I think the color options are better in the READY line compared to the loose powder..I was able to find a color that matched me 100%! I actually went to buy the loose powder the other day so I can have both options. I returned it a week later because the color was off and it looked more powdery than this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by MissPersephone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is decent foundation. It takes a good amount of blending to make it look natural, but it has good coverage. I found it looks best with a Clinque redness primer.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Coolnique

This product was awful. I have oily skin that is also acne prone and sensitive. When I first used it I was going through a terrible break out from a previous foundation. I had sworn off all liquid foundations and decided to try this foundation. Terrible mistake. At first it worked like a dream and it was my new foundation. One week after use my acne had gone down a bit and the application always came out nicely. Two weeks into using it I was starting getting very very oily skin and it would itch like crazy. Literally as soon as I applied the foundation I would see a cystic pimple coming up throughout the day. It was terrible. I even tried taking myself off the product, switching my skin routine and trying it again. Although it didn't give me any cystic pimples, it still made my skin very oily and itchy. It even made my pores show and soaked into every line in my skin making it blotchy and ugly. I will never waste my money on this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by VJ21

I have been using Bare Minerals Ready foundation for about 8 months and it has become my favorite foundation :)

I have tried the loose minerals original and matte but I could never find the perfect match. Also I had a bad reaction to the loose minerals both formulas made my face itchy and made me breakout. The ready foundation is made of different minerals (sea minerals with rose hips oil) and it has not bothered my skin at all in fact I think it helped my breakouts heal.

I like that its a full medium coverage and yet feels like nothing on my skin. The color match is perfect the best color match I have ever had with any formulation of foundation. I wear r330 Golden tan.

I've been using the ready foundation since September or October of 2013 I bought the ready complexion pallete and just recently finished the foundation and concealer in it (daily use) and about to hit pan in the bronzer and veil. I purchased the full size ready foundation and will continue to repurchase.
I recommend using the real techniques expert face brush or any brush like that one. It actually works well with many brushes.

I have combination oily skin and live in south Texas and lately it has been very hot and extremly humid and this holds up very well better than any other foundation I have used. I use bare minerals original Primer or the oil control one under. I haven't had any negative issues like sinking into my pores, making them look larger or making my skin oily.

Sorry if this review was all over the place but bottom line I like it a lot and recommend it. Its worth a try :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Pnut30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this for about a month now and love it!! Use a little for light coverage or more for full coverage. Great for summer because it stays well through heat n has SPF in it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 6:15:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this powder foundation, one of the few powder foundations that I actually like. First thing, if you have normal-dry skin, this is not for you. Back when I lived in Texas, there is no way I could wear liquid or cream foundations otherwise you would be a hot melting mess so I would wear this and it looks fabulous!!!

I am NC42 in MAC and in BareMinerals I am Golden Tan and it is a perfect match. It is fully matte, and great for combination-oily skin which what I had in the past and in summer I am combination. It is a strong medium coverage. To make it a full coverage, I put a tinted moisturizer on first then this powder and it perfect. One big tip: BLEND! This is the trick for all BE powders. Blend and blend some more and it becomes smooth, flawless, and poreless. If you dont blend, it can become chalky and patchy, so invest in a good powder foundation brush;I use Japonesque powder foundation brush.

My biggest peeve with this is the staying powder. I sweat alot from the top of my nose, the powder started to becomes patchy and disappearing!!! And everywhere else too. I could get only a few hours out of this and Im always reapplying which is a pain. Invest also in a good primer.

DO NOT drop this! IT WILL SHATTER! I have had already TWO shatter on me and even when it is closed, powder seeps out. Also the packaging clings to every peice of dirt and powder it looks disgusting quickly. And opens easily. Ok, I HATE the packaging.

Its a love-hate with this powder, But its the best color match is spot on perfect and looks really great when its on. I will keep buying until I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by jkboston10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The negative reviews on this product seem to relate to user error. Leslie has a couple of great how-to videos on the BE website. Yes, get shade matched so you get the right shade for your skin tone. Then, use the right brush and the right application tips and this product will work wonders! It does for me! ***Using the BE all over face brush (about $8 on Amazon), I just tap it lightly on the product and apply by broadly swiping onto my face in large, circular motions. I just repeat this until I reach the desired level of coverage. ***As for the results, the coverage is even and flawless. It wears well all day without settling into my fine lines (even under my eyes), so long as I buff it in properly. My only issue is that my skin gets somewhat shiny on hot, humid days. (For me, other products do the same.) To combat this, I simply use a good mattifying moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Daisyana9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy grail foundation! The many bad reviews on this product have to be due to user error. I have oily acne prone skin with some discoloration due to picking my acne a year ago. Although my spots have faded I still find myself leaning towards a more full coverage look. You need very little amount of this product to achieve a full coverage look. I tap a small amount on a fluffy brush (sigma, real techniques, mac, bare minerals. Doesn't matter. A fluffy brush works better than the bare minerals brush IMO) and really take my time buffing it into the skin. Even if you think it's buffed in enough take 10 more seconds to buff it in. The more you buff the more natural the make up will look. I tried using my smashbox primer and porefessional and they both didn't do the foundation justice. I then bought the bb primer by bare minerals and you would not believe the difference. Slowly but surely I'm switching out all the products to ones from the bare minerals line. Such a great line of products! My make up has never looked better or lasted as long!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I purchased this for a couple of reasons, all of which made perfect sense at the time. First I was looking for something that would be quick and light for weekend wear, but it needed to provide light to medium coverage. I also thought this would be great for travel, having my foundation in a sleek little palette seemed too good to be true...it turned out it was.

Let me preface by saying that I used to wear BM loose powdered mineral foundations for about 10 years, I loved the coverage and ease of use but as my skin aged the powder started to appear caked on my face and would settle into my pores and fine lines. I also never could do the powdered concealer under my eyes and always used a cream concealer, the powder made my under eyes look dry and scaly and aged me a good 10-15 years...not something any woman strives to achieve. So I eventually retired my BM foundations but still enjoyed using the blushes, bronzers, mineral veil and of course my beloved eyeshadow pigments.

When BM came out with the Ready line, I didn't jump on the bandwagon immediately but when I did try the blushes and eyeshadows I really liked their texture and pigmentation. I started hearing good things about the foundation and how buttery the texture was and almost cream like in blendability, etc. so I thought what the heck. When I went back in, I went BACK IN...jumped in the deep end and bought that cute Ready travel palette with foundation, mineral veil, concealer, etc all in the zipper pouch and I purchased a separate foundation for my vanity and another for my to-go make-up bag that I drop in my purse for touch-ups. I was confident that this new formulation made up for what the old loose powder lacked and that it would be kinder to older women and not emphasize flaws, lines, pores and wrinkles...I was sadly mistaken.

This foundation feels heavy and mask-like, no matter how little or heavy I apply or which method of application I use. I have tried numerous types and brands of brushes and primers, including a couple of BM primers, I tried dusting my face with mineral veil first, and nothing worked to make this foundation look any better on my skin. I do have combination skin with an oily T-zone, but it's not too terribly oily. My pores are not too terribly enlarged but when I wear this foundation my pores seem to magnify 10x their normal size, probably due to this make-up gravitating to my pores and sinking. It also seems to act like an oil magnet and darkens in my oiler areas, drawing unwanted attention to my problem spots.

Nope, I gotta say this is a big thumbs down for me. I tried but it came up short. I wish they would come up with a good formulation that would work for me. There is nothing I would love more than to go back to a couple of swipes with a brush and viola, a perfect looking complexion!