October 31, 2014 | 837 users online

Foundations - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals Ready Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by natalie1001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just love this! I was so hesitant to keep this after reading the reviews and almost returned it but I am so glad I did not. Honestly you have to apply this right or else it can look awful. You also have to use a good moisturiser and good primer-body shops Instablur is great. I apply using a flat headed brush and press in it to my skin. A little goes a long way and it has taken me time to learn how to apply it. But honestly it has transformed my skin, I have not had compliments about my skin for years! I had cystic acne and within a week of wearing it I was getting so many compliments one someone even said it makes my face look like a doll. My acne is practically gone, I dont no if that is related to this foundation but it has troubled me for years and now has almost gone. Its so natural , I cant imagine ever using any other foundation now I have found this baby.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2014 12:42:00 AM More reviews by koihimi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I should listen to all the reviewers. Chalky and cakey. Even if you manage to apply it properly it cakes later throughout the day. 35 dollars thrown to the bin. Damn!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by korean

I have Medium beige R250. I used to use fairly light in the original. A lil goes a long way. It is very full coverage, which can at time look cakey if you don't have the right brush, moisturizer, or technique.So if you liked the flawless buffed look of mineral makeup stick with the original. I personally love the convenience of the compact and using the precision brush I 'stamp' on the product and then use long strokes downward.

The colors are so confusing, you must go and try them on. It looks dark on the pan and swatches, but when rubbed into the skin the colors become really light. I actually am thinking about going up one color darker next purchase.

The compact is squarish and med sized, nice mirror, but the nars gummy blk coating gets dirty quick.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Jymmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail foundation here!
I was using the Matte Powder Foundation (loose powder) but I wanted something a little easier to use, so I went a little crazy and bought 5 or 6 different powder foundations, liquid foundations, setting powders, etc, all from different brands (Rimmel, Kat von D, Makeup Forever, Bourjois, Revlon, Pixi, etc) but none of them were just perfect. Some of them were great products that I will use up, but not repurchase. I decided to give BareMinerals Ready Foundation (pressed powder foundation) a try and it is PERFECT!! I always wore Fairly Light in the loose powder, but the reviews on the Sephora website recommended I go 1-2 shades darker in this formula. I ordered the R250, medium beige, and although the powder looked like it was super dark in the compact, it went on my skin perfectly! Smooth, natural, and flawless! It stayed on all day (without a primer) and kept me shine free! (For reference, I have oily/combination skin that is fair/light with neutral undertones)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by LaurEspo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To those who think this foundation is mask like.. You are using it wrong, I repeat, YOU ARE USING IT WRONG!...

First, DO NOT swirl your brush in this product. I was making this mistake at first too, and getting heavy, cake like, mask like coverage. TAP! Tap your brush ONCE on top, the amount your brush picks up should be enough for your WHOLE face. As you buff and buff, you will see the coverage magically build to a smooth even finish, which covers everything beautifully. I might lightly tap the littlest bit one more time on my brush to build a little extra coverage in my cheek area as I have some redness there but that's it.

Not only are you putting such little product on your face, which feels great to have to wear so little, the product itself lasts forever! This is a huge winner in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 5:05:00 AM More reviews by Rosezxz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Bare Minerals READY spf 20 foundation powder -
Best powder foundation I've tried so far. Coverage wise is excellent. Doesn't break me out (I have sensitive skin). Only problem is, it's a lil too pricey. $50 plus SGD. The packaging is matte but gets dirty easily. My shade is in R330, perfect shade for tan/olive skin with yellow undertone.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Cjessicaaa

I've worn bare minerals for about 5 years (I'm 17 years young this year)
I've always mainly had clear skin but even through a few minimal breakouts, it covered perfectly well.
Had my makeup done at Ulta and they used this and I loved it so I was inspired to buy it. It's too full coverage for me so I wear very little of it on top of a bb cream that I wear and it lasts pretty much all day.
Love this product

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Jackierose1987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Idk why there are so many bad reviews, I think this is a great powder foundation, I normally go for liquid as im on the drier side, but I was interested in the ready since I'd tried the original (although I thought that one didnt last and didnt have enough coverage) anyways, this is pretty simple to apply. I use an elf powder brush and its simple, quick great coverage. I finish with a few sprits of nyx dewy finishing spray since I dont like the look of powder. Lasts all day as well. It looks really natural. Great for summer time. I do make sure to moisturize before hand and use a silicone primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by enawhz

I ran out of my matte loose powder and needed to get a new color match anyway. I like the matte foundation, but it wasn't my favorite. The woman at Ulta convinced me to try it and I am SO happy I did. Heres the thing...had I not seen how perfectly she applied this foundation, I would have returned the product the next day. It took me a month or so to get rid of the powdery cakey look, but practice makes perfect!

In terms of application the real techniques expert face brush is good for medium coverage and the bare minerals precision face brush is perfect for medium-full coverage. Don't apply this like your loose powder. Gently tap the brush into the compact and blow off any excess..use a very small amount since it is very pigmented. Buff the product into your skin in circular motions and add as product as needed. For a full coverage look you will need to put more product in your brush a max of 3 times w/ the precision face brush.

This is not a foundation that you can throw on w/out blush so if that is what you want I would pass. If you think your face looks too powdery or matte spray on a makeup setting spray. This lasts all day on me, but keep in mind I have a setting powder I keep with me all day to tame oil. Please don't carry this foundation in your purse. If you applied it correctly you won't need to touch up with the actual product unless you work 12 hour days. The case doesn't seem like it would protect the product very well.

I think the color options are better in the READY line compared to the loose powder..I was able to find a color that matched me 100%! I actually went to buy the loose powder the other day so I can have both options. I returned it a week later because the color was off and it looked more powdery than this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by MissPersephone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It is decent foundation. It takes a good amount of blending to make it look natural, but it has good coverage. I found it looks best with a Clinque redness primer.