November 28, 2014 | 1913 users online

Lipstick - Avon - Lip Stain Marker

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by honeyangel77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The packaging is well done, as I toted one of these around in my tote for months and neither cap ever came off. It was easy to open and very easy to apply, but the packaging is where my raving stops. The actual product is useless in my opinion. I do not have dry or oily lips, but had problems getting this stuff to stay on. I loved that I could apply it like a marker so that the color went exactly where I wanted. The first few times I applied it, I used it heavy handed and smeared my lips together.... waited a few minutes for it to set, then applied the clear balm overcoat. I went on with my day... and after about 45 minutes it still looked okay, but the color was not as vivid. The first time I took a drink of something from a straw, I noticed the color coming off on the straw. By an hour later all of the color was completely gone. I figured maybe I needed to apply a very thin layer and let it dry longer before applying the overcoat, so I did this the next time. Still faded with the first drink I had. The staying power of this stuff is no better than a common lipstick. I just don't get why they call it a lip stain because I honestly have kool aid stain my lips longer than this stuff. The colors I tried were the berry bitten color and the red. I have used the Cover Girl Outlast colors in the past, and loved them, and had high hopes of this stuff lasting close to the same amount of time, or at least having similar staying power through eating and drinking. No such luck. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone... but if you are looking for a great color payoff and a long lasting lipstick... try the Cover Girl Outlast products.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by thepulptoyourfiction

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Not even worth a cent.
The absolute worst product ever.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by jkmartinjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this product! I've bought it twice already in the shade heart. I don't like lipstick because it wears off so fast, but this has so much staying power even after eating and drinking! Yes, it tends to dry out quickly, so I store it standing lid down (so the product is in the tip always). And if it is really dry list put it under a couple drops of water, solves the problem right away:) I took away one lippie for its tendency to dry out. But really, if you use the tips I just suggested it stays great for a long time!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by shinyhappygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The product dried up very quickly. I wasted $10 on this! Not impressed and will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by C1eang1rl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this lip stain marker 5 times before it dried up. Normal usage. I bought the rose color and liked the shade, especially under gloss, but what a rip off and I'd seriously like my money back but don't want to deal with Avon customer service!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

The Lip Stain Marker is my go-to product from Avon because I can stock up for myself and give them as gifts to my teenage nieces. The Rose color is one of those "my lips but better" shades. The Heart shade is very melon-like and great for summer. These lip markers are usually on sale. They apply well, dry fast, and last several hours. They also feel very soft after applied and I find the quality overall is better than any DS lip stain. Not giving it 5/5 lippies because it is not an HG product and I only purchase these maybe twice a year when a co-worker comes around with an Avon book, but I would repurchase the Rose shade for the soft, natural look.