April 18, 2014 | 942 users online

Skincare - Body - Avon - Moisture Therapy Extra Strength Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by spontmercy

Love this stuff. During the winter months my hands are a dry mess, so I keep a jar of this at my desk at work. One application first thing in the morning will last through my whole work day, which includes several hand-washings.

I happen to be using up a few different kinds of hand creams at home as well, all of them at least twice as expensive as this one and nowhere near as effective. The trick with this product is to let it sink in for a few minutes - even my parched skin doesn't suck it up immediately - and after that you're good to go. The only drawback is the 'fragrance' - it's a little like glue to me, but it's gone as soon as it dries, so it's hardly a deal-breaker.

Absolutely the best hand cream I've ever tried at any price point, and this one happens to be one of the cheapest around. It's cheap enough at normal price, but this is one of those things that goes on sale for dirt cheap, and often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had forgotten about this particular line from Avon until recently when my teenage son (who inherited my eczema and extremely dry body skin) starting suffering terribly with eczema and dry skin.

I ordered this for him after having spent literally hundreds at the drugstore on lotions and creams. This works for him. It won't cure an eczema outbreak, he has to use cortizone for that, but once it's clear this keeps his skin soft and supple and moisturized. It's a life saver for him.

I stocked up and started using it again myself. This takes a while to sink in but it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by leighrox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lotion!!! I use it on my legs and arms, and sometimes decolletage. ;) It gives a nice sheen, and moisturizes soooo good. Even after being outside in the cold, harsh wind, it soothes my skin. Its a very nice, thick lotion. If I ever forget to shave, I just use this, it's nice and thick, so it covers the stubblies right up, with that same sheen. Most definitely my favorite ever. The only drawback is I wish they had a bigger jar, I'm already quite low. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by zanderae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a rich cream that feels so good and works so well on dry, cracked hands and feet. It takes a few minutes to sink in, so I use it at night. The scent is barely noticeable and the price is very reasonable. I've bought this for years and will continue to buy it as long as Avon makes it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by rosetta1123

I love this cream. It's my HG for moisturizing dry, cracked skin. I have terribly dry skin which is compounded by the hours I spend in the teaching in the pool I use it mainly in the winter time when my skin has the double whammy of the harsh weather and the chlorine water. Depending on the frequency I'm in the pool, I find I don't need it as much in the summer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 4:40:00 PM More reviews by MamaChoobie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this product! It feels silky and absorbs quickly into my extremely dry legs better than anything I've used before. It is the only product that works on my daughter's alligator-like elbows. Great for cuticles, too! I like it so much better than Eucerin, and it's way cheaper!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 6:35:00 PM More reviews by LatinEarthAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is great. very creamy, no scent. great for very dry skin, better than eucerin. absorbs quickly. will buy again and again. hope they one day put this in a tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2008 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Moisture Therapy Extra Strength Cream does a very good job, and at the price, it's a good buy. I use it as a body moisturizer and it lasts all day long from my morning shower clear through to my evening shower. Pretty impressive given I have very dry skin. Will definitely repurchase...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 9:00:00 PM More reviews by kawaiishinichan

Actually pretty moisturizing. Works as well as cetaphil or euchrin hand creams, and costs really cheap. Probably would buy this ( i got it as a gift) when I run out, just because it's cheap and works the same if not better than more expensive products.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2007 4:57:00 AM More reviews by samaraiv

this cream is what i call a basic cream that does what it promises without the fancy words.it is not bad nor too good,it does the job well.i bought it in 7.9 oz jar.i applied it on my hands yesterday before bedtime and it didin't absorb well immediately, it kind of stayed there for minutes then i fell asleep and in the morning my hands were nice and smooth. i like the packaging and the fact they didn't put a strong fragrance in it cause i truly hate any cream with overpowering smell cause i don't stand strong perfumes.after all i have found my hg hand cream along time ago(glysolid glycein cream) and nothing can take its place but this is a nice cream to use in between or when you need a light cream for light moisture action.