April 19, 2014 | 884 users online

Treatments - It's a 10 - Leave In Product plus Keratin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this, complimentary to try out. I have to say that I really love it! As it's getting warmer I've been in the pool non-stop and my hair gets so parched from the chlorine so I have been just spraying this after I rinse and it's left my hair soft and manageable. I have fine wavy hair and I don't have a lot of hair so certain products weight it down and make it look greasy. This does not. I let it air dry or I blow dry it and it helps with frizz control in our humid weather. So I believe once I run out I will purchase it, great Summer product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by jhb756

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was surprised to like this, since I hated the regular It's a 10 leave-in. I got this keratin one for free, and it's somehow different enough to make me like it! It smells much better than the regular one (less cucumbery aquatic smell). I towel-dry hair, put this in, and then either air or blow dry, and this keeps frizz away and makes my hair shiny and smell good. Others have mentioned too, and I agree -- it's good for detangling, and a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Helga92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the the original it's a 10 for over a year and I really like that one and it lasts a really long time. Recently I bought this with keratin and I love it. It smells really good and I feel like this detangles my hair better than the original one and my hair feels soft after I use it. After reading other reviews I plan on using this 2-3 times a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by JuliaCote

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the free bottle of this at Ulta and I love it so far. A little bit goes a long way. My hair is very damaged at the ends from too much heat and color treatment and since I got it (about 2 weeks ago) I've noticed a huge improvement when I use it 2-3 times a week. It also does wonders for detangling after showers.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by misskittycity74

I received this product for free at Ulta. I have fine straight hair with highlights. This product definitely reduced frizz, but it weighed down my fine hair. I had zero volume after using this treatment. I also felt like it made my hair look dull. I think this would be better suited for someone with curly or thick hair. I used it for 3 days and had a bad hair day every time. When I returned to my usual routine my volume & shine returned. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkmouse09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm obsessed. I didn't really expect much as it was a free sample at Ulta. I was so wrong!! I use this every time I wash my hair. I'm biracial and my hair tends to absorb product freakishly fast. My hair looks great and is incredibly soft. Since it does have Keratin, I only use it 1-2 times a week. I've only been using it for 2 weeks so I can't speak on how it improves the health of your hair, but so far it's been an amazing styling aid. A must for summer! I've given it 4 because I prefer natural, silicone free products, but this is so good I can get over it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Got a free sample of this from a local salon and i gotta say - in the short term it is great. Left my fine, slightly dry, color treated 30-something hair shiny and smooth. But - I only used a trial size (2 uses) and can not speak to if it builds up or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by lafabbiie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I would have to say the packaging for this product is not very practical. its not very runny so nothing comes out sometimes. You can't use this on a daily basis because that will just knot up your hair and so you will need to try using it at least twice a week. Overall its very good for your hair and leaves it super soft.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm still on the fence about this line, but this was free at Ulta with any $20 purchase (till April 5th). Anything that has keratin in it has to be use very lightly. It's only supposed to fill in the gaps so to speak, but overuse will cause brittle or frizzy hair. This goes with all products and not just this brand. If you get it close to your scalp or have a sticky feeling then you're using far too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by cubbiejules

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't a fan of the original It's A 10 leave-in product due to the fact it just felt like my hair was being covered in this silicone and nothing was actually being done to make my hair healthier. Then I received a free deluxe sample of It's A Ten with Keratin at Ulta and my opinion on this product has changed!
I have below the shoulder-length hair and I used about 4-5 sprays total. I also have extensions which are extremely dry at the ends. I've had a very hard time finding products that actually help make my hair soft and shiny at the ends. Nothing has worked from argan oils to other leave-in treatments. Then after one use of this and my ends are the healthiest they've been since my extensions were first put in! No crunch! No stiff ends! Soft & shiny! YAY. Now I still want to wait after using it a few more times to see what the real benefits are before I make a difinitive opinion, but so far I love this stuff.

A note to the reviews claiming their hair broke after using this stuff...
There can always be too much of a good thing. I worked at an Aveda salon and one of our blonde clients came in for a cut since her hair looked fried from the last time we saw her. After chatting with her after just a minute, she said she was using the Damage deep conditioner, EVERY SINGLE DAY. And she wondered why her hair was so brittle. TOO MUCH PROTEIN! Yes, it can happen. Keratin is a protein, too much of it and your hair goes on overload and will start to break. First, you shouldn't be washing your hair every day anyways. I wash my hair twice a week at the most! Use 2-3 sprays for shoulder length and shorter, 4-5 for shoulder and longer. Use sparingly. Also, not every product works for everyone. If your scalp starts to itch, burn or hurt, stop using the product!!!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No