August 1, 2014 | 1960 users online

Hair Treatments - It's a 10 - Leave In Product plus Keratin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Tahari

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very fine, curly, hair that gets tangly, especially right out of the shower! I read the reviews on Amazon saying this makes your hair softer and easy to comb through, and decided to try this. It's a bit pricey (about $20...should have bought it on Amazon), but IT WORKED! This has improved the texture of my hair A LOT!
I spray about 8 pumps (my hair is on the long side) on my hand and work through my towel dried hair right out of the shower. In seconds it makes my hair softer and I've noticed that I don't lose as much when I brush and blow dry.

Pros:
- detangles
- softens
- doesn't wear hair down
- non-greasy
- lightly moisturizes

Cons:
- It's a bit pricey

BOTTOM LINE: This isn't a substitute for conditioner, but as a detangler and softener this works wonders!! Will Repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've previously used a couple It's a 10 product sprays, the original and the lite version. Even though my hair is very thick & naturally curly I actually preferred the lite version best. I'd never heard of this version with keratin until my stylist used it on my hair last month after my most recent cut & color. It smells awesome, has a very clean scent and doesn't give me a headache like the original It's a 10 tended to do. To me I think the consistency of the keratin version is like that of the lite, not heavy or hard to spray at all. I use this weekly after washing my hair, along with the It's a 10 KERATIN leave-in Cream. I purchased them both from Target, but I've seen it in multiple stores as well as salons. I wish the sprays came in bigger bottles like the original version, I think it's a little on the pricy side for the bottle size.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I liked the original better than this. Something about this is just not good. This literally does nothiing for my hair. I did not feel it protected against heat or damage or did much of anything. My hair actually felt more frizzy and dry.

I was reading that anything with keratin in it should not be used daily or even every other day, so I am done with this stuff. I wash my hair every 2-3 days, so I cannot use this every time I wash my hair. It just seems useless.

I am not super impressed by the original, but I would buy it over this any day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Gimmesandyy

Amazing amazing product. The soy healthy sexy hair was my holy grail leave in treatment but I have to say this product deff takes the win. The smell is amazing! It smells like you just came straight from the salon, my hair has never been healthier and softer. I tend to spray it on my damp hair and let it air dry then I'll straighten it and spray a little into my palms and smooth it over my hair as a finisher. I'm very impressed. I would repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:55:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this, complimentary to try out. I have to say that I really love it! As it's getting warmer I've been in the pool non-stop and my hair gets so parched from the chlorine so I have been just spraying this after I rinse and it's left my hair soft and manageable. I have fine wavy hair and I don't have a lot of hair so certain products weight it down and make it look greasy. This does not. I let it air dry or I blow dry it and it helps with frizz control in our humid weather. So I believe once I run out I will purchase it, great Summer product!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by jhb756

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was surprised to like this, since I hated the regular It's a 10 leave-in. I got this keratin one for free, and it's somehow different enough to make me like it! It smells much better than the regular one (less cucumbery aquatic smell). I towel-dry hair, put this in, and then either air or blow dry, and this keeps frizz away and makes my hair shiny and smell good. Others have mentioned too, and I agree -- it's good for detangling, and a little goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by Helga92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using the the original it's a 10 for over a year and I really like that one and it lasts a really long time. Recently I bought this with keratin and I love it. It smells really good and I feel like this detangles my hair better than the original one and my hair feels soft after I use it. After reading other reviews I plan on using this 2-3 times a week.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2014 8:24:00 PM More reviews by JuliaCote

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got the free bottle of this at Ulta and I love it so far. A little bit goes a long way. My hair is very damaged at the ends from too much heat and color treatment and since I got it (about 2 weeks ago) I've noticed a huge improvement when I use it 2-3 times a week. It also does wonders for detangling after showers.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by misskittycity74

I received this product for free at Ulta. I have fine straight hair with highlights. This product definitely reduced frizz, but it weighed down my fine hair. I had zero volume after using this treatment. I also felt like it made my hair look dull. I think this would be better suited for someone with curly or thick hair. I used it for 3 days and had a bad hair day every time. When I returned to my usual routine my volume & shine returned. I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkmouse09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm obsessed. I didn't really expect much as it was a free sample at Ulta. I was so wrong!! I use this every time I wash my hair. I'm biracial and my hair tends to absorb product freakishly fast. My hair looks great and is incredibly soft. Since it does have Keratin, I only use it 1-2 times a week. I've only been using it for 2 weeks so I can't speak on how it improves the health of your hair, but so far it's been an amazing styling aid. A must for summer! I've given it 4 because I prefer natural, silicone free products, but this is so good I can get over it.