Boots No 7 Beautiful Skin- Melting Gel Cleanser Normal/Dry

3.8

Isononyl isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (water), Cyclohexasiloxane, Sweet Almond oil, Sucrose stearate, Sucrose myristate, Isostearyl isostearate, Tocopheryl acetate, Rosehip oil, Parfum (fragrance), Sodium PCA, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Dipropylene glycol, Magnesium PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Zinc PCA, Biosaccharide gum-1, Manganese PCA, Potassium sorbate.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I grabbed this on a whim while browsing Ulta, as it was on sale and marketed as a gel/oil cleanser with rosehip oil as an ingredient----SOLD!!

My skin is combination and very sensitive, it is oily in the summer and gets dry patches in the winter, I also wear full makeup every day that requires me to wash my face thoroughly. This product is amazing, gets everything off and leaves my skin hydrated and not tight feeling at all!

This cleanser is low foaming as it is an oil-based cleanser, so that has taken some getting used to. I like the light, unoffensive scent as well. My skin looks glowing after use, which is rare this time of year when it usually looks red and irritated. I highly recommend this cleanser to anyone who has combination/sensitive skin, the oils in it do not break me out or irritate me at all like other oil cleansers.

Knock on wood, this is my HG face product!

This cleanser is a little pricey (for me anyway haha) at about £8.50 but I bought it because I had a £5 off voucher. However, I'm very glad I did because I really like this cleanser! I can't stop touching my skin, it feels so soft and clean!

I also really like the smell --it's nice and light, not too perfumey.

It's only real fault is that it wipes off only some of my makeup, not all of it.

Overall, I like this cleanser a lot but I don't think I would buy it without a discount.

This is TERRIBLE. It doesn't even cleanse thoroughly. And it feels waxy on my skin while I'm massaging it, very weird.

I've tried this type of cleanser before- Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel (which is excellent) and Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser (which is just okay). These "melting cleansers" are packaged in gel form, you apply the gel to dry skin and massage it until it breaks down into oil form, then rinse.

Well this cleanser takes FOREVER to break down into oil, and then it starts to feel strangely plasticky. Nothing like any cleanser I've ever used before. I don't like it.

And on top of all that, it doesn't even cleanse very well. I tried this because I was curious, but I definitely would not buy this again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I loved Clarins Pure Melt but I didn't like the price at all. This is a great option. It performs almost exactly the same and the only difference is the fragrance. Squeeze out a bunch, rub onto a dry face for a little while to get that makeup broken down, add a little bit of water, rub gently some more and rinse. Very easy and it will not strip dry skin. I think it does a great job on face makeup and about an 80% job on heavy eye makeup. The fragrance is very similar to Estee Lauder's Soft Clean Creme Cleanser (I think it's discontinued). This is a great drugstore budget option for those of us who wear heavy makeup and have dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

After getting a sample of this at Duane Reade, I decided to buy the full-size. I prefer cleansers that come in tube form so this was perfect. I wouldn't call it an HG product, but I am glad that Boots' Skin-Melting Gel Cleanser is gentle on my sensitive winter wind-blown skin, and even helps moisturize it a bit (it also seems to help my skin "hold" my moisturizer better). I wish it was just a tad richer because it seems to just slip off my face as soon as a drop of water hits it. For reference, I have a sensitive, normal to dry skin.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Out of the DS oil cleansers I find this one is more effective for me. The other drugstore oil cleanser I know about is Garnier and it is for dry skin. It is too oily for me and doesn't emulsify as well as this one. This cleanser is great, I use it the sameway and I find it takes off more makeup than Garnier does after one use. I can also use this for my eye mu because I know the oil won't seep into my eyes causing me blurry vision. I always finish up with a makeup cleanser and Im left with clean pores. The only downfall is that the Garnier oil cleanser is a great product to clean my beauty blender with. It literally soaks out all the makeup.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favourite cleanser at the moment - I massage it in a dry face, add a tiny bit of warm water, emulsify and take all off with a hot cloth. Just in case I am repeating it twice and my skin is very happy, even happier than when I was double-cleansing with an oil. It leaves my skin well cleansed and supple, no tightness just clean pores, good looking skin.

It has a very gentle, sweet fragrance but it is very mild and inoffensive.

I am buying it with a Boots' coupon when they have it on offer and this time I am also going to buy it in bulk. A great product.

P.S. I've heard it is a possible dupe for Oskia's Gel Cleanser that all the British beauty bloggers are raving about?

Compares well to the more expensive Clarins melt cleanser and does not dehydrate my skin, but just not convinced it cleanses that well. I did not break out, but my t-zone pores also did not look any less congested and when I used a toner afterwards the cotton wool was still quite dirty.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this to use as a makeup remover after getting a 5 off voucher at Boots, but it caused a HUGE breakout on my skin, probably due to the oils it contains (I'm one of those unfortunate people who can't seem to tolerate any oils whatsoever). It also caused some intense stinging around the eye area so I had to bin it in the end :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have combo/oily/easily dehydrated skin that breaks out, randomly, for everything. I have been using Shiseido The Skincare Cleansing Cream & I love everything about it, except for the price, but I hesitate to try new things. I took a chance on trying the No. 7 Beautiful Skin Melting Gel Cleanser & I am so happy that I did. I always test these things on my hand. I layered a lot of makeup products on the back of my hand-foundation, concealer, powder, e/s, mascara, eye liner, lip gloss-& rubbed a small amount of this cleanser over that mess. It actually did start to melt those products down. Add a bit of water & it washes away. Amazing. Leaves my skin soft & no break outs.
Edited to add that after using this for a couple of weeks I did notice clogged pores & break outs. Quit using it. Tried, again, to be sure it was the cleanser & it was. Gave it to a friend that loves it.
5 oz is $8.49 at Ulta
Ingredients: Isononyl isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Cyclohexasiloxane, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet almond) oil, Sucrose stearate, Sucrose myristate, Isostearyl isostearate, Tocopheryl acetate, Rosa moschata seed oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium PCA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Dipropylene glycol, Magnesium PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Zinc PCA, Biosaccharide gum-1, Manganese PCA, Potassium sorbate.