September 22, 2014 | 1558 users online

Cleansers - Boots - No 7 Beautiful Skin- Melting Gel Cleanser Normal/Dry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My favourite cleanser at the moment - I massage it in a dry face, add a tiny bit of warm water, emulsify and take all off with a hot cloth. Just in case I am repeating it twice and my skin is very happy, even happier than when I was double-cleansing with an oil. It leaves my skin well cleansed and supple, no tightness just clean pores, good looking skin.

It has a very gentle, sweet fragrance but it is very mild and inoffensive.

I am buying it with a Boots' coupon when they have it on offer and this time I am also going to buy it in bulk. A great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Swiss1

Compares well to the more expensive Clarins melt cleanser and does not dehydrate my skin, but just not convinced it cleanses that well. I did not break out, but my t-zone pores also did not look any less congested and when I used a toner afterwards the cotton wool was still quite dirty.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to use as a makeup remover after getting a 5 off voucher at Boots, but it caused a HUGE breakout on my skin, probably due to the oils it contains (I'm one of those unfortunate people who can't seem to tolerate any oils whatsoever). It also caused some intense stinging around the eye area so I had to bin it in the end :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by beaniewienie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have combo/oily/easily dehydrated skin that breaks out, randomly, for everything. I have been using Shiseido The Skincare Cleansing Cream & I love everything about it, except for the price, but I hesitate to try new things. I took a chance on trying the No. 7 Beautiful Skin Melting Gel Cleanser & I am so happy that I did. I always test these things on my hand. I layered a lot of makeup products on the back of my hand-foundation, concealer, powder, e/s, mascara, eye liner, lip gloss-& rubbed a small amount of this cleanser over that mess. It actually did start to melt those products down. Add a bit of water & it washes away. Amazing. Leaves my skin soft & no break outs.
5 oz is $8.49 at Ulta
Ingredients: Isononyl isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Cyclohexasiloxane, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet almond) oil, Sucrose stearate, Sucrose myristate, Isostearyl isostearate, Tocopheryl acetate, Rosa moschata seed oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium PCA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Dipropylene glycol, Magnesium PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Zinc PCA, Biosaccharide gum-1, Manganese PCA, Potassium sorbate.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In a squeeze tube which is nice. I liked this enough to finish it, so it didn't cause break outs. However I couldn't use it around my eyes as it stung.
The consistency is a gel, so you don't lose any, once you rub it in it is oil, then you rinse its a milk. I found if I just rinsed I was left with residue, not nice. So I used a wash cloth / microcloth or muslin.
The scent is ok, not to cloying but subjective.
Where I live the water is hard and I found my face became taunt and dry after using this product. Not great if you have truly dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lookabbycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a gel cleanser that immediately becomes an oil as you use it to wash your (dry) face. It emulsifies and rinses off well. As the weather changes I've transitioned to using primarily oil cleansers and this one leaves your skin feeling soft and clean. I love that it's a gel that you can squeeze out of a tube. You have better control over how much product you're using versus traditional oil cleansers in pumps. I've used Shiseido, Shu Uemura, and Josie Moran oil cleansers in the past and I think I'll stick with this one in the future as its much more affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by erikakakaka

Love this cleanser!! Leaves my skin baby soft and has really helped clear away all my spots! I like to use a flannel cloth to wash off rather than just splashing off with water, but that's just what works for me. Awesome stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by melissast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I use it as a makeup remover only (and follow up with a foaming cleanser) since I'm really clog prone and hesitant to leave it on after rinsing. I rub the gel onto a full face of makeup and rub it in for a few minutes as it turns into an oil. The oil does a great job of getting all my makeup off and my skin feels soft and moisturized after.
Prior to this, I had always used makeup wipes but this is far more moisturizing and less irritating. I havent gotten any clogs or breakouts in the few months I've been using it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually like this cleanser and this is coming from an oily/combo girl. Here in NY the Winter just sucks the moisture out of your face. Also because I use Retin A and aha's plus peels. I have to have the right cleanser otherwise my skin will pay for it. In the Fall/Winter my skin get's so dry so I like to use a cleanser with more moisture. This one from Boots seems to be working. I like to use more than a quarter and I smother my skin. I rub it in for a bit concentrating on dry spots like my chin,nose, and sometimes cheeks. Then I use warm water to mix it because it turns white and rinse following with a splash of cool water to close my pores. If I use a cleanser and scrub I use the cold water after that.

This cleanser for the colder months is what I need because I need something gentle. For me I remove most of my eye makeup before I cleanse either with a facial cloth,micellaire water, or at least eye makeup remover. So for me this cleanser does remove my BB Cream,blush.concealer,etc..If I just cleanse without using anything before it still does a good job for me. I like it because it's gentle, doesn't strip my skin nor makes me breakout and cleanses very well for me.

The key to this cleanser is how long you massage it before you add water. The longer you rub in the gel the better it works imo. So for me I concentrate on the areas that need the most hydration and when I add water massage some more then rinse. It does a pretty impressive job. I even used it with my Mia and it worked very well my pores are clean and my skin feels very good not to dry or to oily. So if your dry/normal/sensitive, or you use products that are harsh on your skin this might be a good product for you.

Is it perfect in MU removal? No, but if you massage it in it does take off a lot. I think that mostly applies to heavy MU users though because with light makeup this takes it off no problem for me. If I do a full face with primer etc, you should use something before at least on your eyes if you wear a lot of shadow.
The best things are that it comes in a squeeze tube, is a good amount for the price, it's gentle,effective, and won't strip your skin. I also don't notice any scent or any strong scent or odor. Maybe they removed it? Its scent though doesn't bother me at all if you can call it "scented". It's a definitely good product to check out during the colder months.Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by scareyj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This cleanser does a good job of removing my makeup. The smell is a little strong, floral like, so those sensitive to smells may not like this. I don't normally use this on my eyes because I use the organic eye makeup remover from the same line. This cleanser doen't dry my skin out or leave it feeling sensitive.