March 2, 2015 | 1088 users online

Cleansers - Boots - No 7 Beautiful Skin- Melting Gel Cleanser Normal/Dry

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 5:26:00 PM More reviews by beckymonster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After getting a sample of this at Duane Reade, I decided to buy the full-size. I prefer cleansers that come in tube form so this was perfect. I wouldn't call it an HG product, but I am glad that Boots' Skin-Melting Gel Cleanser is gentle on my sensitive winter wind-blown skin, and even helps moisturize it a bit (it also seems to help my skin "hold" my moisturizer better). I wish it was just a tad richer because it seems to just slip off my face as soon as a drop of water hits it. For reference, I have a sensitive, normal to dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by stylesnburberry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Out of the DS oil cleansers I find this one is more effective for me. The other drugstore oil cleanser I know about is Garnier and it is for dry skin. It is too oily for me and doesn't emulsify as well as this one. This cleanser is great, I use it the sameway and I find it takes off more makeup than Garnier does after one use. I can also use this for my eye mu because I know the oil won't seep into my eyes causing me blurry vision. I always finish up with a makeup cleanser and Im left with clean pores. The only downfall is that the Garnier oil cleanser is a great product to clean my beauty blender with. It literally soaks out all the makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My favourite cleanser at the moment - I massage it in a dry face, add a tiny bit of warm water, emulsify and take all off with a hot cloth. Just in case I am repeating it twice and my skin is very happy, even happier than when I was double-cleansing with an oil. It leaves my skin well cleansed and supple, no tightness just clean pores, good looking skin.

It has a very gentle, sweet fragrance but it is very mild and inoffensive.

I am buying it with a Boots' coupon when they have it on offer and this time I am also going to buy it in bulk. A great product.

P.S. I've heard it is a possible dupe for Oskia's Gel Cleanser that all the British beauty bloggers are raving about?

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Swiss1

Compares well to the more expensive Clarins melt cleanser and does not dehydrate my skin, but just not convinced it cleanses that well. I did not break out, but my t-zone pores also did not look any less congested and when I used a toner afterwards the cotton wool was still quite dirty.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2014 9:39:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to use as a makeup remover after getting a 5 off voucher at Boots, but it caused a HUGE breakout on my skin, probably due to the oils it contains (I'm one of those unfortunate people who can't seem to tolerate any oils whatsoever). It also caused some intense stinging around the eye area so I had to bin it in the end :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by beaniewienie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have combo/oily/easily dehydrated skin that breaks out, randomly, for everything. I have been using Shiseido The Skincare Cleansing Cream & I love everything about it, except for the price, but I hesitate to try new things. I took a chance on trying the No. 7 Beautiful Skin Melting Gel Cleanser & I am so happy that I did. I always test these things on my hand. I layered a lot of makeup products on the back of my hand-foundation, concealer, powder, e/s, mascara, eye liner, lip gloss-& rubbed a small amount of this cleanser over that mess. It actually did start to melt those products down. Add a bit of water & it washes away. Amazing. Leaves my skin soft & no break outs.
Edited to add that after using this for a couple of weeks I did notice clogged pores & break outs. Quit using it. Tried, again, to be sure it was the cleanser & it was. Gave it to a friend that loves it.
5 oz is $8.49 at Ulta
Ingredients: Isononyl isononanoate, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), Cyclohexasiloxane, Prunus amygdalus dulcis (Sweet almond) oil, Sucrose stearate, Sucrose myristate, Isostearyl isostearate, Tocopheryl acetate, Rosa moschata seed oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium PCA, Ascorbyl palmitate, Dipropylene glycol, Magnesium PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Zinc PCA, Biosaccharide gum-1, Manganese PCA, Potassium sorbate.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In a squeeze tube which is nice. I liked this enough to finish it, so it didn't cause break outs. However I couldn't use it around my eyes as it stung.
The consistency is a gel, so you don't lose any, once you rub it in it is oil, then you rinse its a milk. I found if I just rinsed I was left with residue, not nice. So I used a wash cloth / microcloth or muslin.
The scent is ok, not to cloying but subjective.
Where I live the water is hard and I found my face became taunt and dry after using this product. Not great if you have truly dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lookabbycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a gel cleanser that immediately becomes an oil as you massage it into your (dry) face. It emulsifies and rinses off well. As the weather changes I've transitioned to using primarily oil cleansers and this one leaves your skin feeling soft and clean. I love that it's a gel that you can squeeze out of a tube. You have better control over how much product you're using versus traditional oil cleansers in pumps. I've used Shiseido, Shu Uemura, and Josie Moran oil cleansers in the past and I think I'll stick with this one in the future as its much more affordable.

Edit: 11/20/14 Just wanted to say that I am STILL using this a year later. I have repurchased and continued to use it year round. For the price point, the performance is great. It has not caused any breakouts or other adverse effects. If you have stubborn eye makeup (I.e waterproof) then you may need to use an additional make up remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by erikakakaka

Love this cleanser!! Leaves my skin baby soft and has really helped clear away all my spots! I like to use a flannel cloth to wash off rather than just splashing off with water, but that's just what works for me. Awesome stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by melissast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I use it as a makeup remover only (and follow up with a foaming cleanser) since I'm really clog prone and hesitant to leave it on after rinsing. I rub the gel onto a full face of makeup and rub it in for a few minutes as it turns into an oil. The oil does a great job of getting all my makeup off and my skin feels soft and moisturized after.
Prior to this, I had always used makeup wipes but this is far more moisturizing and less irritating. I havent gotten any clogs or breakouts in the few months I've been using it.