September 1, 2014 | 2012 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Neutrogena - Shine Control Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tremendously oily, acne prone skin. This primer has worked very well for me, although I really don't think ANY primer will keep me completely shine-free for 8 hours! I have tried high-end to drug-store, many different brands and always come back to this one.
I don't have a clue about any "gritty" feeling to this cream?? And yes, it is a white cream that will make you look pale ONLY if you use too much product and/or don't rub it in completely. I have not had any issue with paleness, wearing this alone or under foundation/BB. Most importantly, this did not break me out, whereas quite a few others have. I highly recommend this primer for controlling shine and the powder works well with it to blot during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by letty114

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Picked this up because I was on holiday and had forgotten my entire make-up bag at home. Was very pleasantly surprised by this product that is very mattifying without leaving my skin dry, and glides on easily. Blurs fine lines and pores, and I usually wear alone, over day cream and sun block because it gives me just the right amount of coverage I need during the hot summer.
I usually use The Present - Philosophy, but like I said, I walked into a store and just picked up a low priced item on the way to sephora.
Still bought Smashbox and The Present, because I wasn't sure about this Neutrogena Primer, however I continued using it and will go back to my usual brands in winter.
Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by HeyItsLiv

Love this primer! I have crazy oily skin and I've been looking for a primer that controls my shine because my face is always super oily by the end of the day, and this does that amazingly. I also wanted something that doesn't break me out because I get acne and cystic acne, and this doesn't break me out! If you put a lot on it gets kind of white and flaky but not to bad extents. I put a small amount on and a little bit more in my heavy oil zones and though it gets a little white it isn't bad, and my foundation smooths it out. If you don't where foundation I would say don't load a lot on but it is an amazing product that isn't crazy expensive and does what it says.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by SmaugtheMagnificent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

i had got this the other day and was excited to try it out but it just didnt work for me. it didnt do anything for shine, it took a lot to smear on my face and it was soft on me at all. it was very dry and made it hard for me to apply my foundation. i'm sure it works for some people, but not me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Jordanxoxxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product isn't my favorite but I do recommend trying it if you have oily skin & just want to splurge on something new. I noticed that it did reduce how oily my skin usually looked mid day. I was pretty impressed because usually I don't see results. I only gave it a 4 because it didn't reduce the oil completely.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

I'm pretty impressed with this primer. I've been using it now for two weeks and I definitely saw a difference compared to some of the other primers I've used. In the past year or so I've been trying new primers trying to find out that I can call my HG and does everything I could want. Easier said than done. I like the functionality of the tube, its slim and easy to toss into a bag. I don't mind that it doesn't have a pump feature, in fact I like the tube even more especially because it stands "upside down" regularly so you can really use up all the product.

Price wise was okayyy being that I used to spend $18 on primer from Victoria Secret and was appalled at the prices of primer at drugstores. I don't know why I was justifying spending that kind of money in a "department store" when I wouldn't drop $10 on a primer in a drugstore, strange. Anyway, I picked mine up at CVS where it was $12 USD or so. Maybe more, maybe less, I'm not positive. And for the amount you get for the price, again its okayyy. But a little really does go along way in my opinion.

So the actual product itself is white, mines kind of grainy (rice technology perhaps). This is the first white primer I used but I don't see it affecting the color of my skin or foundation. I apply this to my t-zone concentrating it where I'm most oily and then I smooth some onto my cheeks as well. The part that I LOVE is that I'm not stuck waiting 5-10 minutes for my primer to dry and sink into my pores like I had with silicone primers. While I loved how silicone primers made my skin look and feel so flawless, they also made me look messy if I didn't allow it to dry in time. This stuff dries in seconds and I can get back to applying my makeup.

I do notice that I get oily around hour 6 or 7 but that's expected for me and I'm not really concerned about it. It's not a cure all for oily people but it does help me from becoming a total grease pot especially in these hot summer months. I think I want to test run NYX shine killer after this and between the two make up my mind because I'm loving this product at the moment!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 2:32:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer doesn't do an amazing job at oil control but it does do a way better job at keeping my oils at bay than when I don't wear any primer at all; not great but not so terrible I wouldn't repurchase it. I've used my mother's Mary Kay primer with SPF 15 & that does a way better job at keeping me matte & oil free than this does but for a drugstore primer I can't complain & it's more easily accessible for when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by vidkalahya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this item did work fine for couple of times..but after a week my face started get oily again..i have to blot it in 1 hr or so...waste of my money....surprisingly my face isnt dat oily if i dont wear this primer...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by harrisonfjord

I purchased this primer on a whim at Ulta. Surprisingly I am very happy with this purchase. I am super oily in the t-zone and I have noticed an improvement in oil control while wearing this under my foundation. My only complaint is that it does apply with a whitish/grey sheen to it, so if you plan to use it alone it can look weird. Since I typically wear it under makeup I don't run into this issue frequently, but it is annoying. I hate that you cannot see how much product you have left in the tube and it is a bit pricey for a drugstore product. That said, it works better for me than Smashbox and MAC primers. I have extremely breakout prone, combo oily skin and this does a good job of setting my makeup and making it last through 10-12 hour work/school days without breaking me out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by emilyxkhiev

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This primer helps my foundation glides on perfectly and I seriously cannot go a day without it, it smells pretty good, makes my makeup last for about half the day, and leaves my skin feeling soft. On the other hand I still get oily through out the day.