Neutrogena Shine Control Primer

3.4

Water, Dimethicone, Methyl Trimethicone, Silica, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Isododecane, Butylene Glycol, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-12, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Seed Protein, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Fragrance, Disodium EDTA, Silica Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane --- may contain (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 6/23/2015 2:38:00 PM

I have oily in the warmer months and was looking for something to cut back on shine and hold my makeup. This is not it. The only thing I enjoy about this product is the smell. It doesn't help with oil, shine, or holding makeup.

on 5/23/2015 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I don't like this product at all. Instead of shine control, it made my face more oily - especially my nose. I'm so disappointed considering the price I paid for it here in Virginia - $13. My cheap E.L.F. primer does a better job, and it doesn't even specifically say it is for oily skin. The product goes on easily and the packing is great, but it doesn't deliver like it is supposed to. It also leaves white streaks if you don't rub it in fast enough. Not worth the money at all.

on 3/12/2015 2:07:00 PM

I'm a little disappointed: I read on multiple blogs/reviews that this was the holy grail of primers for oily skin. So I rushed to the nearest CVS to buy it and this morning I eagerly opened and applied it. I found that it was difficult to apply. It was thick and didn't spread out easily. Also, by 9 am my face was just as oily as it usually is. I feel like it was a waste of time and money. Didn't make my make up last longer either.

on 3/4/2015 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Made me more oily

on 2/16/2015 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This might be the best primer on earth. I'll never know. Could not stand the fragrance, so didn't even try it. It's going back.

on 1/28/2015 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this primer! HG primer for oily skin right here! This is my favorite primer so far, and I've tried many. This controls oil very well and gives me a nice smooth canvas to apply my foundation over. If you have oily skin and need something to help your makeup stay on longer and control oil, GO BUY THIS!

on 1/21/2015 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this product because my skin is very oily, and I have to use this among powders, and setting spray. My day begins around 8 and ends at 5, and by lunch time, my face is plenty oily. But on the bright side, it does help to keep about 40% of my makeup where its supposed to be.

on 1/20/2015 12:12:00 AM

Not for everyday use. In love with this but it broke me out. I only use it for concerts festivals weddings and other special events. When I do use it it is BEAUTIFUL it doesn't move and makeup last for hours and hours in the rain and through sweat. Have purchased multiple times but use laura mercier for a daily primer

on 1/18/2015 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

After a week of using. It became very GRITTY, and scratched my face. Caused my skin to be Irritated & breakout

on 1/10/2015 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've tried a LOT of primers, and have been disappointed by most. This one falls right in the middle of the pack. Yes, it is a white liquid, but it spreads thinly and evenly, and dries to a clear finish. I use it over a light moisturizer and it keeps my oily skin shine-free for a few hours. But that's it. It doesn't minimize pores or soften lines, it just reduces a bit of shine for a few hours. As far as drug store primers this, this is okay, and I would re-purchase as a primer to use for casual days. It's not a primer that will make you stop your search for a better one, but it IS a decent primer at a fair price point in the meantime.