April 18, 2014 | 1819 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - 2Chic Brazillian Keratin & Argan Oil Ultra-Sleek

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by sedst9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't taken the time to write a review in quite some time but I felt it necessary with this product. I absolutely love the Smooth as Silk line from Giovanni....so much so that I decided to try other products of theirs. This being one of them. This conditioner is awful. I can use pretty much every conditioner and never "hate" a single one...but now this is a conditioner I hate. When I leave my hair wavy I don't brush it. This is never a problem..until using this conditioner. I've never had such gigantic knots in my life and that is because this conditioner leaves my hair extremely coarse, dry and frizzy. Even when applying the conditioner I can apply the largest amount possible and my hair never feels "quenched". I'm by no means a conditioner snob. I use Suave to Giovanni to Paul Mitchell. Whatever my budget is like at the moment, I buy based on that and never have a problem with whatever conditioner I choose. This conditioner is the worst I have ever used. Ugh...and not cheap!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 4:34:00 PM More reviews by librarian_girl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A silicone free conditioner is rare. Since I can't use hair products that contain silicones of any kind I was looking forward to trying this conditioner. The bottle promises to, "smooth every strand, seduce with shine and banish frizz." That was, unfortunately, the opposite of my experience.

This conditioner is thick and distributes easily. The cocoa butter scent is light and does not linger. I didn't find the formula to be very moisturizing, which is a shame, because after using the companion shampoo, my hair needed some slip and moisture. After rinsing, my hair felt coarse, slightly coated and lacked slip.

I prefer to wear my chin length bob straight. I can usually get my fickle neither-straight-nor-wavy hair straight with a hairdryer, vent brush and minimum of fuss, then only need to touchup with a flat iron on subsequent days between washings.

This shampoo and conditioner threw up every roadblock to sleek, straight hair that it promised to address. The blowdry took more effort and, for the first time ever, I was unsuccessful in blowing my own hair straight with just a hair dryer and brush. Flyaways were a problem. My hair was not shiny, smooth or swingy. To add insult to injury, as the day wore on, my hair developed bends and flips.

All I want is soft, shiny, swingy, straight hair. I don't need volume and bounce. Sadly, this shampoo left my hair feeling coarse, looking dull, and less than straight. I had flyaways and no shine of which to speak. If your hair responds better than mine to protein enriched formulas, this shampoo and conditioner might be an option for you. For me, this is a total miss.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

I am really loving this! It leaves my hair soft and with gorgeous shine. It helps with tangles when I am in the shower, rinses out clean, and moisturizes very well. I paid about eight bucks for this at Wholefoods. It has a great coconut frosting smell to my nose and a thick, pudding-like consistency. I haven't tried this out as a leave-in but will soon experiment on different uses. It smooths out my curls and gives decent frizz control. It gives a medium weight to my hair, but volume is not sacrificed in the process. Best thing is that this is cone free (I don't usually mind, but good to take a break from every now and then) and has a good amount of oil extracts, argan oil, and jojoba oil. Shea butter, which is my favorite is in small amounts but that's ok. The keratin protein is in the middle of the ingredient list. Overall, I am very impressed and plan on buying the matching shampoo and the potion to see how well they all work together. Highly recommend if you have curly, medium textured hair or looking for an organic (or as close to organic) smoothing conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Love, love, love this conditioner. It instantly smooths and releases tangles from my hair. It does a great job providing an equal amount of protein and moisture to my hair. I've already repurchased a second tube. Great for type 4 hair. It has a light pleasant scent and the consistency is very creamy (not thick), but my low porosity hair absorbs the product well.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Kourki13

I have fine, frizzy dry hair past my roots. This is fine as a cheap conditioner. It has a strange smell but it made my hair much easier to brush and noticeably softens my hair.

I don't like the packaging. The shampoo top broke for me after a few weeks, and it has the same packaging as this conditioner. Plus, it's hard to get anything out of the tube once the conditioner is half empty. The packaging is bad enough that I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by eclair9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

A decent conditioner, but I didn't get the results I wanted. My hair is naturally dry, slightly coarse and very thick. I didn't have "silky" smooth hair after several uses. But I suspect my hair doesn't agree with protein. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by GrandPriestess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am on my 4th bottle of this shampoo and conditioner and the more I use it, the more I love it. My hair is very thin and fine with a frizzy natural wave and most products weigh my hair down or make it oily and greasy. Its been very hard for me to find a combo that give my hair a good balance and manageability. This, however, is just fantastic. It makes my hair so smooth, moisturized and voluminous. It smells amazing and does exactly what it claims to do on the bottle. Also, whenever I need an extra "oomph" of moister, I put this is and leave it in while I take the rest of my shower and then rinse...and presto. Ultra silky shiny hair! =)
My only con is that it doesn't come in a larger size.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received a large sample of this from Ulta, which was enough for me to use it for 3 times (1 week). I have medium-weight, shoulder-length hair with a slight wave. It is layered and depending on my mood, I either air dry it and encourage natural wave with products, or use products and blowdry/iron it straight. My hair is not "extreme" like some people who have very frizzy or coarse hair requiring keratin treatments. Using this conditioner together with the matching shampoo made attaining straight hair much easier. Normally, I flip my head over, blowdry upside-down, then flip over and blowdry/iron to get straight. With these two products, as soon as I flipped over, my hair was noticeably straight. All I had to do was a little quick blowdrying. The products also gave my hair some "heft" - it felt thicker and heavier. Finally, my hair normally gets tweaked out of shape overnight, but with these products, the next day it was noticeably straighter and smoother than normal. I basically just brushed it into shape - no need for major touch-up with the iron. (I ran out of shampoo before the conditioner, so one day I used the conditioner with my normal shampoo, and it didn't work as well.)

I feel like I've read that keratin can ultimately dry or damage your hair, so I need to do more research on that, but I am actually considering buying these products even though I just ordered the sample on a lark. Also, I notice a lot of reviewers seem to expect this to be very moisturizing. As I understand it, its main focus is smoothing and straightening hair, which I thought it accomplished very well.
EDIT: I did actually buy this and I don't know what happened, but the product in the tube was very different than the sample. It leaves my hair in knots and tangles like I haven't experienced since I was 8 years old. I feel like it leaves my hair dry and strawlike. It does FEEL thicker, but LOOKS like crap. I'm tossing this and going back to Suave! Taking review down to 2 stars.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 7:30:00 AM More reviews by UDMAC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

being a fan of their smooth as silk and tea tree line, I expected this product to be just as moisturizing/conditioning as their other products if not more. I have colored, thin, damaged dry hair and this was marketed for my hair type but I was very disappointed. This stuff is VERY lightweight, I ended up using up the tube in 2 weeks and I have mid-length hair. As for the price, i found mine for 7$. It comes in an opaque plastic tube with a flip cap, and it's easily available. Smells like nuts but the scent is very light and doesn't linger. I like that it's sulfate free but that's about it, will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 11:38:00 AM More reviews by gottabuyit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very curly, 3b, hair that's been really dry lately. I try to maintain a somewhat CG routine, but I do use a sulfate free shampoo on occasion. This conditioner makes an "ok" rinse out but I really like it as a leave in! It makes my hair really soft but not so soft that it's fluffy and undefined. It's creamy and slightly thick, andhas a very light almost nutty/coconut type smell. Not overpowering. So far, it's been working fairly well for me. I don't think it's super fantastic but for now, it's a really good alternative to the Garnier Triple Nutrition conditioner that I no longer use because of the formula change. I'm pleased with the results from this, my hair is left incredibly soft. It doesn't seem to have any effect on how my hair curls which is good. Unless something changes with the results I'm getting, I will definitely buy this again.