Giovanni 2Chic Brazillian Keratin & Argan Oil Ultra-Sleek

3.1

Not tested on animals

Ingredients: Aqua (purified Water), stearyl alcohol, isopropyl palmitate, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, panthenol (pro-vitamin B-5), beta carotene, guar hydroxypropytritimonium chloride, argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, hydrolyzed poulinia, cupana (Brazilian cocoa) keratin extract [phyto-keratin], aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, aspalathus linearis (rooibos tea) extract, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil macadamia ternifola (macadamia) seed extract, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) extract, sodium benzoate, citric acid, potassium sorbate, natural fragrance.

on 5/18/2015 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

It sucks to see so many negative reviewers not know how to tame frizz for their hair type.

You clean (or not). You moisturize (protein, or not). You dry (little to no heat)/style/seal (absolute must). Low-sulfates and keratin (protein) infused shampoo and conditioner are ideal for FINE HAIRED wavies, or possibly other types if they are virgin/natural but need "strengthening". People with truly dry hair can't shampoo and condition this often, and usually do well to avoid protein in their daily products.

Just thought I'd help those looking for natural routine understand what ingredients their hair likes.

on 1/22/2015 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I mean, it's alright. I was disappointed because I was expecting a miracle product, but if you're just looking for something that's like all the other products, this is it.

The packaging is now in a pump-tube format, instead of a squeeze tube like it is in the picture, so that's good.

It defined my curls and made my hair a bit softer. I would say my frizz went down enough to be noticeable, but the frizz reduction was "not good enough." Amiright, fellow frizzies? You all know what I'm talking about when the defrizzing isn't good enough.

It DID NOT help much with de-tangling or damaged ends.

Some people like the smell, but I do not. To me, it smells like a hint of diaper and a hint of cocoa butter. It's not stinky but neither is it like, "ohman, I just wanna sniff this forever."

I bought it for 8.00 at Real Canadian Superstore, so price isn't bad.

Overall, I would say it's nothing special, but it's not bad.

I've only been using it for two days, so my review may be updated if my experience changes.

on 7/11/2014 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this! I have thick, wavy, mid-back length hair. I only wash/condition my hair once or twice a week. I leave this conditioner on while I shave, wash my body/face, etc. Usually for about 5 or 6 minutes. Then I rinse it only halfway out! I leave enough in my hair so that it still feels a bit slick. I towel dry my hair and have NO PROBLEM getting a brush through my hair! The reviewers who are complaining about tangles need to do two things: 1) Brush your hair before you wash it. 2) Leave some conditioner in. Don't rinse it completely out.

I will definitely repurchase!

on 6/19/2014 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

When I first got this conditioner, I loved it. But the more I use it, the worse it seems to get. Now, it does have its good points. It's very easy to detangle my hair in the shower with just my fingers, it smells sort of like coco butter, and it leaves your hair feeling soft and frizz free throughout the day.

My issue is whenever I get out of the shower, the knots are insane! I spend SO much time trying to get these knots out that it completely negates the pluses this product has. My hair is fine, and ususally not knotty at all. If I do get knots, they come out easily. This product has completely changed that. Now after a shower my head is a mess, and no matter what I alter, the knots still appear. Would not purchase again.

on 5/17/2014 6:11:00 PM

Has a light scent that is not my favorite. This is a basic daily conditoner that detangles. It did not add shine, smooth every strand or banish frizz as the label states. Did not provide enough moisture for my fine,dry hair that is prone to frizz up on the ends.

on 3/19/2014 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I haven't taken the time to write a review in quite some time but I felt it necessary with this product. I absolutely love the Smooth as Silk line from Giovanni....so much so that I decided to try other products of theirs. This being one of them. This conditioner is awful. I can use pretty much every conditioner and never "hate" a single one...but now this is a conditioner I hate. When I leave my hair wavy I don't brush it. This is never a problem..until using this conditioner. I've never had such gigantic knots in my life and that is because this conditioner leaves my hair extremely coarse, dry and frizzy. Even when applying the conditioner I can apply the largest amount possible and my hair never feels "quenched". I'm by no means a conditioner snob. I use Suave to Giovanni to Paul Mitchell. Whatever my budget is like at the moment, I buy based on that and never have a problem with whatever conditioner I choose. This conditioner is the worst I have ever used. Ugh...and not cheap!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

A silicone free conditioner is rare. Since I can't use hair products that contain silicones of any kind I was looking forward to trying this conditioner. The bottle promises to, "smooth every strand, seduce with shine and banish frizz." That was, unfortunately, the opposite of my experience.

This conditioner is thick and distributes easily. The cocoa butter scent is light and does not linger. I didn't find the formula to be very moisturizing, which is a shame, because after using the companion shampoo, my hair needed some slip and moisture. After rinsing, my hair felt coarse, slightly coated and lacked slip.

I prefer to wear my chin length bob straight. I can usually get my fickle neither-straight-nor-wavy hair straight with a hairdryer, vent brush and minimum of fuss, then only need to touchup with a flat iron on subsequent days between washings.

This shampoo and conditioner threw up every roadblock to sleek, straight hair that it promised to address. The blowdry took more effort and, for the first time ever, I was unsuccessful in blowing my own hair straight with just a hair dryer and brush. Flyaways were a problem. My hair was not shiny, smooth or swingy. To add insult to injury, as the day wore on, my hair developed bends and flips.

All I want is soft, shiny, swingy, straight hair. I don't need volume and bounce. Sadly, this shampoo left my hair feeling coarse, looking dull, and less than straight. I had flyaways and no shine of which to speak. If your hair responds better than mine to protein enriched formulas, this shampoo and conditioner might be an option for you. For me, this is a total miss.

on 8/23/2013 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am really loving this! It leaves my hair soft and with gorgeous shine. It helps with tangles when I am in the shower, rinses out clean, and moisturizes very well. I paid about eight bucks for this at Wholefoods. It has a great coconut frosting smell to my nose and a thick, pudding-like consistency. I haven't tried this out as a leave-in but will soon experiment on different uses. It smooths out my curls and gives decent frizz control. It gives a medium weight to my hair, but volume is not sacrificed in the process. Best thing is that this is cone free (I don't usually mind, but good to take a break from every now and then) and has a good amount of oil extracts, argan oil, and jojoba oil. Shea butter, which is my favorite is in small amounts but that's ok. The keratin protein is in the middle of the ingredient list. Overall, I am very impressed and plan on buying the matching shampoo and the potion to see how well they all work together. Highly recommend if you have curly, medium textured hair or looking for an organic (or as close to organic) smoothing conditioner.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Love, love, love this conditioner. It instantly smooths and releases tangles from my hair. It does a great job providing an equal amount of protein and moisture to my hair. I've already repurchased a second tube. Great for type 4 hair. It has a light pleasant scent and the consistency is very creamy (not thick), but my low porosity hair absorbs the product well.

on 2/15/2013 12:25:00 PM

I have fine, frizzy dry hair past my roots. This is fine as a cheap conditioner. It has a strange smell but it made my hair much easier to brush and noticeably softens my hair.

I don't like the packaging. The shampoo top broke for me after a few weeks, and it has the same packaging as this conditioner. Plus, it's hard to get anything out of the tube once the conditioner is half empty. The packaging is bad enough that I won't be repurchasing.

Top Rated Giovanni Products