October 20, 2014 | 1864 users online

Lip Treatments - Cococare - Cocoa Butter Lip Balm

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I picked one of these up at Walgreens while in SoCal for work, I needed a lip balm and these were sitting close to the register so I grabbed one. First, had I looked at the label and saw that it was Cocoa Butter based, I would have immediately passed as I usually do not like the smell of other cocoa butter based products like Palmers. I am glad that I just grabbed it without thinking about it because this is a great lip balm and the smell is not anything like other brands.

I am not sure why others have complained about packaging, mine was sealed and is a traditional twist up applicator tube...maybe they have improved upon the packaging and hygiene of the product. I tried to find at some local Walgreens' back home in Houston and they have never heard of this brand. Planning to purchase a couple of dozen on my next trip out to California so I have plenty to stash around my home, auto, purse, office, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 4:14:00 AM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

-PRICE: at $1.00, for a product that will last you a long ass time, it's an amazing value. -PACKAGING: this has to be the worst packaging imaginable for such a great product. First, it's not sealed. Anyone can just open it in the store and do whatever. Second, when you open the container, u can literally take the stick all the way out like a PUSH POP. To apply it, I found it beat for me to remove the entire stick and use it that way. Packaging really needs improvement. I would gladly pay a dollar more if they had better packaging, like Palmer's has with its swivel stick. -PRODUCT: omg, the smell is amazing!!! I just applied this on my skin and it makes my face feel soooo smooth. Yes, u can use cocoa butter on the face. It doesn't clog pores. Educate yourself. This product is a definite yea in my book. Its amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This CocoCare Cocoa Butter lip balm is amazing, and for just 1 I'm shocked that it's such good quality.

I never usually stay faithful enough to any one lip balm to actually finish it, but I've repurchased this balm 3 times now!

It's immediately very soothing, smoothing, hydrating and just so protective. It stays on really well, the smell is nice but the actual product performance is a 10/10.

UPDATE

I've moved onto the Shea Butter CocoCare Lipbalm now and I'm EVEN MORE impressed. It has a slightly thicker consistency, it smells yummy - chapped dry lips are a thing of my past.

Thanks CocoCare, please DO NOT DISCONTINUE!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 2:09:00 AM More reviews by pokette

My lips are dry and often peel. I cannot live without lip balm. I've tried Carmex, Neutrogena, Jack Black, CO Bigelow, Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden... They all can't hold a candle to Cococare. Cococare is the cheapest and works the best. Amazing!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by monnei

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After being in the hospital for almost a year my lips were very dry and crack carmax, blistex, and so many others left my lips even more damage I tried this lip balm and it was like heaven sent my lips have never been more perfect it even cleared up the scar from me picking my lips love this

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

This is the lip treatment (in the small yellow tube) I've been using for years. I've tried so many other products that caused my dry lips to get even dryer because of irritating ingredients i.e: Carmax, Blistex Burts Bees My lips have never been softer since using the Cocacare.
I put it on at bedtime every night, Note: This does not contain sunscreen. I don't detect any strong odor or taste to this at all and I'm sensitive to highly fragranced products.
I wake up with soft lips and they stay that way. My chapped lips are a thing of the past and I use long wearing lip color daily. Walgreens carries this & you can buy it online as well. I have a stockpile of this stuff! If you lips are red,chapped, flaky give it a try for $1.50.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by melbloom

HG lip balm - I finally found you!!! I have tried dozens and dozens of lip balms and treatments (Carmex, Blistex, Nivea, Burt's Bees, Sephora, BBW, Clinique, Fresh, and Dior to just name what's in my bedside drawer right now) and this is my absolute favorite. Before this, I had settled on MAC Lip Conditioner and was pretty happy with it, but still found myself buying lip balms on Sephora, Amazon, eBay and etsy. It was clear that I was still searching, but I didn't really know what I was looking for until I found it in Cococare. This is the thing: I have problem lips. They are super-liney, super-sensitive, they dry out, crack, peel, and bleed every day of the year - and I can't seem to leave them alone. I'm always picking and chewing at them, which is totally gross and something I want to stop doing. So many lip balms have failed to completely moisturize and heal my lips. I can't stand when a lip balm sits on top of my lips. I don't want to have to re-apply it every hour. And is it so much to ask for a lip balm that would make my lips look nice? So last month I came across a review of Cococare and decided to give it a try. It was only like $3.00 or something on Amazon so I figured it was worth a shot. The first time I used it I was shocked to discover that it felt so completely different on my lips than any other lip balm I've ever tried. It sank in instantly - so fast in fact that my lips actually felt slightly warm and tingly. Was it actually plumping my lips?? Yep. It was. And it felt FANTASTIC on my lips - smooth, not a hint of sticky, lush, comforting. Perfection. I love that it's shiny. I love that the scent of it fades moments after I apply it. I love that I can't taste it. I love how it makes my lips look plump and softens every line. HG, HG, HG. So I bought 10 tubes of it and they are everywhere in my house and at work and I've given them out to friends and basically I'm completely in love with this stuff. If they ever discontinue it (blergh), I will most likely buy a giant crate of it and hoard it until the end of time. Please do yourself a solid and give this stuff a try! I'm so glad I did :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am beyond obsessed with this. Best lip balm I've ever tried, and I love reapplying bc I love the smell! I need to stock up. They better not discontinue this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by adeleme

I love this lip balm! I have really dry lips, and this keeps 'em smooth and supple. I love Burt's Bees too and Cococare's Cocoa Butter lip balm has the same effect for me, so I switched. And for the price! About 75cents at CVS. You can't beat that! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by curlycolor

It's a good lip balm....glossy, smooth, pretty hydrating. CVS always has a big jar of them for 79 cents each. But for some reason, when I apply it, I always feel a verrrry faint burning sensation on my lips that goes away after a moment or two.

I'll always pick up a couple because they're so cheap. But all in all, I prefer the Palmers glue-stick-sized tube of cocoa butter (also at CVS). That product has a heavenly smell (vanilla sugar cookies), and I think it's more beneficial and healing. I have a habit of lip-biting, and it cured my irritated lips overnight.