August 1, 2014 | 1679 users online

Mascara - E.L.F. - Studio Lash Extending Mascara

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by staci13

I have used many elf products and this is the fist mascara I've ever tried from Elf. I normally don't stray too far from what I know to work well for me. However, for the price it was worth a shot. With that said, I like the formula, I have no issues with that. It coats wells, has nice pigment, and doesn't flake. My biggest issue, and I just can't seem to get past it, is the applicator. It's curved, spikey,....and.....flaccid. I like a curved applicator, especially the one Maybelline uses with Great Lash, I am not a fan of the silicone spike applicators that have come about in the last few years, and as for it being flaccid...well, I don't know how to explain it without it being an inappropriate sexual reference. It's troublesome to put the applicator back in, and forget about pumping it to emulsify it, because it's ....flaccid. Maybe mine was broken from the get-go, but either way I will not be buying it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Dekilah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best mascara I have ever used! I used to skip mascara because every time I tried to apply it, it ended up clumpy and uneven. I think a big part of it was that I just do not apply mascara well, but even so. Then one day for some reason I picked up the E.L.F. Lash Extending Mascara.

Since then I have stored away all of my other mascaras and I only use this one. It does not clump and very rarely do I have separation issues. I can apply one coat and get a nice pretty subtle look, two coats for something a bit more, and three coats for more dramatic, thought I rarely do more than two.

The price is great as well so I really cannot see myself ever buying anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by girlchimney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is great! I have short eyelashes, so I really need something that appears to lengthen. With the help of an eyelash curler--and I also use the dollar-priced one from e.l.f., which works like a charm--this mascara really helps to draw out my otherwise reclusive eyelashes. The brush has both long bristles and short bristles for all types of use, and the long bristles separate lashes really well. On top of that, the formula is light and doesn't cause clumping easily.

Now, the packaging says that it has vitamins and wheat protein to help condition lashes, but it's worth mentioning that Beautypedia says these effects are essentially moot. I don't really care since I never put much stock in the idea of mascara with enriching or inherently lengthening properties or whatever. This is great value for a good product. Took off points on packaging quality because the wand is long and feels a bit flimsy, especially upon removal from the tube, but don't be discouraged--just use a delicate touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by roxygirl1488

This is buy far the best cheap mascara if not one of the best mascara's I have ever used. You really can't go wrong with 3 dollar mascara from Target. It lengthens really well, separates well, and I didn't have problems with clumping. I would recommend to anyone looking for a really great cheap inexpensive mascara. I also take my eyelash curler heat it up with my blow dryer, wait a few seconds until it is cool (tap on your wrist) and than curl eyelashes, this really helps to curl your eyelashes really well and keeps them curled, if you do this, and than apply this mascara, you won't be dissapointed!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by marmaladecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really inexpensive, decent mascara. It has never gone clumpy, the flexible brush is shaped so it really gets to all my lashes and it lengthens my lashes nicely.

I knocked a lippy off because this does end up smudging a bit under my eyes after a while wearing it, especially if it's really warm, so I wouldn't wear it in hot weather. For me, it's not an 'all day' mascara owing to the smudging, but I like wearing it on an evening out, for example.

Very good for the price ( 3.50.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by RiskQn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great mascara to use everyday! It lengthens extremely well AND removes clumps while giving definition! I use this everyday, in various ways. I'll use my studio mascara primer, then this lengthening mascara for natural but looong lashes. I'll use the primer, then a volumizing mascara, then this mascara to give me more "going out" kind of lashes. Basically it's versatile and a must have for me! I grab this mascara more than any other mascara in my makeup bag. The vitamins and proteins in the formula are just a wonderful bonus that has improved the health of my lashes. I actually no longer use any sort of mascara that doesn't include extra vitamins and proteins, which have helped my lashes to fill out again, and look soo much better even without mascara on! This has become yet another permanent staple in my makeup bag thanks to e.l.f. and at only $3! (Note: reason it has 4 instead of 5 lippies is because the formula is a tad on the wet side, and the mascara advertises to give curl, which I don't notice. Still, LOVE this mascara!)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No