April 19, 2014 | 1887 users online

Bronzers - Wet 'n' Wild - Ticket to Brazil

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by LamboLiah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I went on a haul spree this morning in Walgreens and purchased this Bronzer. I'm looking for more contouring options. I tried it on the back of my hand when I got to work and I must say, I cant wait to get home and try this on my face. As a darker complexion Woman of color, its not easy to find shades that compliment my skin tone. The pigment and shimmer are gorgeous and for $4.29, I may pick up more colors.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by shalie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product at walmart for 3 bucks yesterday and it broked. Nice pigment, great for contouring. I was very frustrated because no high end product of mine this has never happened. Affordable and easy to contour.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by anndiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really nice bronzer, especially for the $3 I paid for it! I like the warm golden tan without being orange color this has. The other Wnw bronzer shade "Bikini Contest" looked way too pink toned, but that's just my personal preference. I like that it's pigmented enough to work with tanned skin, but also looks good when I'm my naturally pale self. The shimmer is sublte once applied, and looks more like a natural glow versus being "glittery". The pan size is great for using a large fluffy brush for face and body bronzing (I bronze my face, neck, and chest). The only thing that bothers me is the inclusion of chemical sunscreens, which makes no sense to me in a bronzer, because most women don't bronze their entire face, so it would be spotty sun protection at best. Also, chemical s/s tend to irritate a lot of women's skin, so WnW should have at least used mineral s/s if they wanted to include sun protection. Also, this is really loosely packed, meaning if the compact gets jarred around among other makeup you will have loose bronzer powder everywhere. This makes it not so travel friendly. Otherwise, I'm happy with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Genvieve

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Jumping on the "Brazil bandwagon" here! Yes, it's very pigmented, so use with light hand if you're using this as a straight blush/bronzer. Have been using it more as a contouring powder lately. Buff it on starting with the forehead, drawing the "W" shape down the temples and just under cheekbones. Dust a bit under the chin and if you're feeling very artsy, a light line on each side of the nose. Then I take a fluffy powder brush and blend it all with "Reserve Your Cabana" -- also from Wet 'n' Wild. Two great products that are super inexpensive and will take quite a while to use up.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by raspberryxwine

Overall this stuff isn't so bad. I don't like to always buy the cheapest stuff because you never know how it's going to work. I did really like this bronzer but had to apply it VERY lightly otherwise it was way too intense. If you use it correctly for your skin tone it can look very nice. Not a bad amount of product either for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used the lighter W&W bronzer Cabana as a highlighter and face powder when I need some lift to my face and love it. I was a little skeptical about the shade and my skintone but for less than 5 bucks I figured it was a good try.

Lighter skinned ladies be careful! This is highly pigmented and not a matte product. You can use it but get a BIG fluffy brush and tap, blow whatever. Use minimum product as it will go a long way. Some would say you are wasting money by blowing/tapping off product, but I have to do that anyway being lighter skinned so why not do it with a cheaper alternative than a $30-$40 product. If you are looking for a matte product I suggest NYX sunny. That being said this summer I did use this a a contour and the shimmer looked great on summer skin when I wanted this look. I also used this at night on my hairline and D├ęcolletage it looked good.

The amount of product you get is awesome for the price. I expect this to last awhile before I hit pan. Packaging....like I've said about other products I'm not about the package if it works I don't care what it looks like. You do need to be careful with this one. The top is very fragile and it will break off if you handle it rough enough. But they have to cut corners somewhere for under $5 bucks so the trade off is well worth it.

My final say. Try it, play with it to see if it works. It's worth the price to experiement.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Lori7676

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is great for the $. I went to Florida and got really tan. This is all I wore at night and mascara... Me and my friend always use expensive stuff and we switched to this she is searching for a new one as we speak!!! So yes I would buy this again. Maybe a lighter color for winter. And it's also a great size!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by spaghetina

Background: NC30, Asian skin with yellow undertones.

Formerly a devoted user of Nars Laguna, but that has all changed. Let me start by saying, this is NOT a dupe for Laguna. I repeat, NOT A DUPE. Swatched side by side, one can see that 'Brazil' is much more orange than Laguna, which is more of a true brown. That said, Brazil works with my skin tone surprisingly much better than Laguna ever did, and that's coming from someone who faithfully used that particular Nars product for 7 or 8 years. On me, Laguna can get a bit muddy looking because it's so purely brown, whereas Brazil's undertones prevent it from being too one-dimensional.

It's intensely pigmented, and the amount of product in the pan is incredible for the price paid. Used with a light hand, I can imagine one pan lasting me through years of daily use. There's a bit of shimmer, but I've never really seen it translate to my skin, so its existence is inconsequential. The product has a bit of a sunscreen-y odor, but it's not offensive, and it's definitely not heavily perfumed or offensive.

The next time there's a sale on Wet 'n' Wild, I'll be picking up a couple more of these for my stash, and I should be good to go for the next decade.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Sssunshine03

Price was decent but I found this left my skin looking orange . Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Ladyleopard805

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm going to pre-face this review by first stating, FAIR LADIES DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT IT WASN'T MEANT FOR FAIR LADIES, IT WAS MEANT FOR MEDIUM ON UP SKIN SHADES. Ok, now that I've gotten that out of the way, this is a fantastic bronzer! I'm an NC-35, yellow undertones and this bronzer is gorgeous on my skin, I use it to contour and to add a little bit of "tan glow" in certain areas. It's inexpensive, and does not leave you looking orange. It blends well, and for under 5 bucks it's a great value. I really like how the packaging allows you to dip varying sizes of brushes into the actual bronzer. I have no experienced any break outs from this bronzer, so all in all great drugstore find!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No