December 21, 2014 | 1871 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - Dear Rose

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by egoh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so torn writing a review on the Dear Rose BB cream. I find the coverage is light to medium and it evens my skin tone well. Even though I'm a big fan of a pump foundation, the packaging is too bulky and not travel friendly. My problem with this BB cream is it's recommended for those with rough and damaged skin from exposure to harmful environments ( I have dry skin and live in a VERY dry climate) and after a few hours, it tends to settle into my fine lines and also start to get oily around my T-Zone. I also find that after using it for a couple of days, I get a minor break out :(
I would have given it 1 lippy, HOWEVER I am not sure if it is a climate thing but I recently took it on a trip and used it in a city with higher humidity, and it seems to work great - no settling into fine lines, no oiliness and after 1 week, no breakout ?
I will not re-buy this product for the simple fact that unless I move, it does not work for me where I live.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by liladriana07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have never been into the fad of b.b. creams, I prefer my old foundations but I decided to try this out. I have noticed that some b.b. cremes only come in two shades, meaning some of them might be too dark or too light. I picked this one, based that it was suitable for NC15-20. Its a light beige, almost flesh colored hue but once you blend it in, it becomes lighter. I like the fact that has a content of spf and that it covers most of my scaring without it becoming obvious and cakey. It does have that rosey scent but I enjoy it. Only problem is the pump dispenser, it might be a problem when I finish this up.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2012 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Sileny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I find bb creams to be the best for my oily skin because it lasts longer than most traditional foundations. Plus, the addition of skin brightening ingredients and high SPF (and good UVA/UVB protection) is always welcome for my pale and acne-prone skin. However, most bb creams are too dark for me. I'm generally a NC15 and Armani #2. This bb cream, after reading MusingsofaMuse, is supposed to be a light shade, so I gave it a shot. It's limited edition and sold only in Taiwan, so that's why Korean sellers on ebay don't have it in their stores (be careful when buying on ebay, there are so many Skin79 fakes it's unbelievable). I got mine from imomoko for $35 and it was authentic based on the sticker.

This bb cream is marketed for more mature, damaged, or drier skin, but it is still fine for my super oily skin as long as I skip the moisturizer and just use sunscreen. It gives a satin finish, though it might look more matte on dry skin. After 4 hours my face is an oil slick, but that's expected. At least the cream is staying in place and has not slid and pooled up in my pores. Nothing has helped with oil control so I'm not letting that affect my rating.

It has a damask rose scent, which can be a bit much at first, but it fades after a couple minutes. The shade is a neutral beige, not pink or grey at all, and applies a sheer to medium coverage. It's a perfect match! My skin is acting out (I'm really broken out and my skin is seriously shedding, will be on accutane next month) but this helps diminish the bad and doesn't emphasize the flakes. It won't completely cover marks, but it will make them less obvious.

I prefer this to Skin79's Orange bb cream. Though I love the coverage, it left a weird white cast. I looked flat and downright ghostly, even after I used blush and bronzer. However my sister, who has a warmer skintone than me, likes it a lot.