November 26, 2014 | 1726 users online

Eyes - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by SammiShortCake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As everyone else has mentioned: Beware of glitter! That being said, I don't see the problem with the shimmer. I find that the glitter does not really show that much on my skin. I also love the rose color to it. It makes it blend in even better with my skin. It does help to keep my under eye concealer from caking. I also use a bit at the corners of my eyes and underneath my brow on top of my highlight because it really lightens everything up and keeps everything from slipping around.

My only main issue is the packaging. Mine did not come with an applicator, however, that's no big deal because i'm 99.9% sure I would not have used it anyway. The problem is that the powder has the tendency to spill out everywhere. It ends up gathering on the outer rim beneath the lid. So, every time I open it, I have to try and brush all of the excess onto my hand and back into the container. The packaging would be absolutely perfect if they were to include a tiny plug to keep the powder in place!

All in all, I would recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Glitter. No, seriously, glitter, and I am hopping mad about it because otherwise I think this would be a superlative product, but this has actual iridescent, multicolored microglitter (think the size and shape of Rescue Beautu Lounge microglitter). About three feet away from the mirror it's abundantly clear that there. is. glitter. under. my. eyes. Since I am an adult not headed to the club, going to a Christmas party or answering the door on Halloween, I find this unacceptable.

If this isn't a deal breaker for you, and for some it may not be, this is a super sheer incredibly pale rose colored powder. It looked white in the packaging and white on my hand, but there's a definite pink tinge in the little jar. It really does blur lines, and ever so slightly correct my deep, dark, oh-that's-right-I-have-a-new-baby dark circles, but seriously. Glitter. Just all kinds of no, ELF.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cuz I've had problems with concealer creasing, and I always have undereye circles and look tierd:/ this stuff applys very smooth and doesn't leave any color and I know some previous reviewers complained about glitter? its not badly notciable just makes you look awake, cmon a little glitter or sparkle ISNT GOING TO KILL YOU..hate when people freak out over shimmer in products ugh. anyways this does its intended purpous prevents my concealer from creasing I love it although the packaging isn't ideal its ok for $3.00

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by RPo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have really dark purple / blue under eye circles and I use this every morning (with Jane Iredale enlighten concealer). It works very well. I actually used to use the $25 powder but switched when I found out about parabens. This works just as well, is paraben free, and costs less than the price of shipping. I will say the packaging isn't as user friendly as it could be, but it's nice enough looking and I've learned to live with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I just bought this because I'm having issues with concealers staying put beneath my eyes. They slide right into the fine lines under my eyes, making them bigger and making me look older.

I am currently using Kat Von D's Lock-It Tattoo Concealer (as well as the KVD foundation.) and it's much creamier than the benefit erase paste that didn't work so hot. (But that's for another review...) The KVD is easier to apply, but has the tendency to move around on my oily skin.

So, I bought the ELF undereye setting powder and was skeptical. I had a Sephora SA put the Laura Mercier brightening undereye powder on with the KVD, and it was nice, but the ridiculous price tag put me off. A $3.00 powder is worth a try to save $21.

It has the barest tint to it-- almost pinkish in appearance, but it doesn't add color to my skin. There's also the barest hint of shimmer, but it isn't super heavy, nor is it super noticeable once it is applied. (In fact, I think I get more glitter fallout from the shimmery UD shadows I use than goes on with the ELF powder.) I see more glitter in the jar than I end up seeing on my face. So, don't be put off by the "shimmer" you see in the package.

I applied the concealer and patted it where I needed to, checking to make sure that it covered the under eye circles. I then used the fluffy end of the double-ended brush that came with the UD Naked palettes. It is basically a really fluffy shadow brush that causes mega fallout with shadow but puts the powder on and spreads and blends nicely. It says to apply with an upwards sweeping motion, but I swept it on side to side, buffing a little bit. It worked fine.

It comes with a tiny little brush to apply it, but it seems pretty useless. You may be able to salvage it as an eyeliner brush, and I might try that, but it isn't a very good brush for powder application. (I might actually use it to clean hard-to-get areas of electronics, or clean out the dead skin and hair from my pen-sized facial hair trimmer...) If you have any kind of small, fluffy brushes that go into smaller areas like undereyes, use that instead.

The ELF powder set the concealer nicely; it seemed to cover up flaws. I went to a bar where I was quite warm and sweating a bit, and when I got home, my concealer was where I left it. (I was only out for a few hours... It might require touch-ups for a longer period of time, but with oily skin, that's perfectly normal to have to touch up anywhere.)

It says you can use it by itself, but I don't notice much of a difference when I do that. It goes on and feels silky, but other than maybe absorbing a little bit of oil, it didn't seem to do much by itself. It sets creamy/liquid concealer well, but I don't know how it does with heavier, drier, paste-like concealers like erase paste.

The only problem I really have with it is the packaging. I don't get the need to have an awkward, square-shaped jar. The sifter is nice and fine, and I just tap it into the lid, swirl the brush, tap the excess, and apply. The problem comes when trying to put the round part of the square lid onto the round part of the square jar... and it's difficult to put it back on quickly. It requires more effort than necessary. (It doesn't take *THAT* much effort, but it is irritating to have the lid on cockeyed.) It's a pretty jar, but functionality isn't so pleasant.

For $3, I really can't complain about this product. It is worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by melayala22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I cannot believe how much I love this product!!! I bought it on a whim, just to push my ELF order into qualifying for free shipping, and I am glad I did. The container is small and light, very portable. The brush it comes with is great for applying cream concealer but not great for this powder. The powder is very fine and feels like silk when you rub it between your fingers and it had a slight sparkle to it. Dont be afraid of the sparkle, its the magic ingredient that makes this product great and it doesn't look sparkly when its on. Just dust this powder on over concealed dark circles with a fluffy crease brush to instantly look alive. I could not freaking believe how huge of a difference this made for me, I have BAD dark circles under my eyes and this ALMOST completely covered them. The best under eye setting powder I have ever used hands down. Plus its $3 FREAKING DOLLARS!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wasn't really sure what to expect with this, but for the cheap price, I thought it was worth a try. I get the racoon effect with most mascaras, and my primary purpose for trying this was to see if it would help alleviate that problem with some of the mascaras I wanted to use. I apply it with the E.L.F. small stipple brush. I think that it does a nice job of setting foundation or concealer to help keep it from creasing. The shimmer shows up in the packaging, but I don't feel that it looks glittery or anything once it is applied. It seems to diffuse the look of lines. I also use it often on my upper lip area, also hoping to diffuse the look of lines, and I think it helps with that. I don't love the packaging. I put a small amount in the lid and pick it up with the brush, but the packaging is just a little too small for ease of use.

I want to try the regular HD powder from this line, and see if it is similar or the same. If it is, I might buy that instead, otherwise I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Suzaroos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really like this stuff. I have very dry under eye area and have a few very fine lines so I'm extremely picky about products that I put underneath my eyes. For me personally, the best way to use this is: Apply my eye cream, apply concealer (I use a light hand when applying concealer) and using my Sigma F25 brush, I apply a VERY light amount to set my concealer. It seriously helps my concealer not crease and brightens my under eye area a great deal. It does have some shimmer in it, but I don't mind it. It's not thick and chunky glitter, it's a very fine shimmer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Yikes this looked horrid under my eyes. I do not see how this would be a setting powder for the eye area. It just did not look good. It has a weird shimmer to it and leaves an unsightly cast on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't very impressed with this product and won't be repurchasing. The powder is quite finely milled and a touch lighter than a normal setting powder. In theory, this should make it more appropriate for setting the undereye area. In practice, I honestly didn't see any difference in result between this and a light application of my Catrice Prime and Fine translucent setting powder which I already use all over my face. It just added an extra product to my daily routine. As other reviewers have mentioned, it also contains glitter. I don't want glitter under my eyes! The packaging is super cute and very sturdy, although sometimes it's difficult to get the top back on properly. Because of its small size, I find it gets knocked around a lot in my makeup drawer, which makes a lot of product sift out the top and it goes everywhere when I open it.

I wouldn't recommend this when a decent quality finely milled translucent setting powder already serves this purpose, and doesn't contain glitter.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No