January 31, 2015 | 1191 users online

Eyes - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 1:22:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just purchased my second jar of this powder. It works quite well to set under eye concealer. I use the Real Techniques setting brush to apply it. You do need to use a reasonable amount to set concealer but it never looks cakey or dry. I know a lot of people don't like the amount of glitter in the powder but once I apply it I can't notice any of the glitter. For the price, you can't beat this powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2015 12:59:00 AM More reviews by makeuploveraus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So far I'm really impressed with this product, I've been have issues with my concealer creasing and my mascara transferring under my eyes for quiet some time and time product really does help stop this from happening. Yes it's got shimmer, all the other reviews are right but I personally don't see this as an issue, yeah it's there but it's more like an illuminating effect than one that causes harm, it definitely doesn't make it unwearable. For the price this is a fantastic product and it really does do what it says. The only reason I'm giving it 4 starts is because of the shimmer factor and the packaging that unfortunately wastes a little at times. This is the first under eye setting powder so it's hard to know what they are up against!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet. This product and the HD powder, also from E.l.f, are my life savers! First of all, I'm really fair. I am lighter than the lighter shade of MAC and this powder doesn't show at all on me. I tried it on friends who are darker, and it doesn't show on them either. It's really a translucent powder, but this one have a little rosy tint to it that doesn't show on my skin. I also have really dry skin, and this doesn't show fine lines of flaky patch at all.

I also have really dark under eye circles AND the raccoon effect curse. No matter what mascara I use, I usually get raccoon eyes. This powder removes that. It set the concealer that I use, it doesn't show at all, and it keeps me from looking like an emo-raccoon all day! I love it. It also really lightens my under-eye area and make me look more awake.

The package is tiny, but a little product goes a long way and it's SO cheap so you do not have to worry about that.

Also, buyer beware, if you do not like glitters in your products, do not buy this products. There's blue micro-glitter in it. Me, I don't mind at all, but I know that others might be put-off by this.

Oh and last thing, If you've ever tried powderflage before from Benefit and liked this product, buy this one. For 3$, you can't go wrong! It's as good (in fact probably better) than the benefit powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by tiana89

I can not rave enough about this product.
My under eyes look like I've been punched, they are so dark! I use the ELF under eye concealer in medium glow which is the BEST coverage and staying power concealer…but then i use this powder to set it, and it is fantastic!

What does this powder do?
It takes however much you have concealed your under eye and brightens it two fold. It pretty much lightens your concealer and sets it so you look even more awake and naturally bright under your eyes. It keeps my concealer from creasing and makes a noticeable difference in under eye brightening. And you can't go wrong with the price!

Note: if you are going to be taking flash photography, really blend this in or it will show!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by redaqua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Works great. Glitter is barely noticeable. Expect some creasing when using ANYTHING under the eye. No way around that what so ever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit: solution found- mixing a tiny amount of this with cover fx cream concealer, helps it to stay without the creasing.
-=-
This makes my under eye area look dry and wrinkly. I am in my 20s, and I don't have wrinkles. So the only reason I can I think of is that this powder doesn't 'cling' and gathers into itself, when you smile. Also not working, as lightly as possible undereyes, and as an all-over powder. It's just okay. The colour isn't too good for me, it may be better for cool-toned skin or paler skin.

My skin looks really dead and dry even if I use a small amount, as an all-over powder. I will probably not repurchase after finishing it. I don't understand the good reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by SammiShortCake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As everyone else has mentioned: Beware of glitter! That being said, I don't see the problem with the shimmer. I find that the glitter does not really show that much on my skin. I also love the rose color to it. It makes it blend in even better with my skin. It does help to keep my under eye concealer from caking. I also use a bit at the corners of my eyes and underneath my brow on top of my highlight because it really lightens everything up and keeps everything from slipping around.

My only main issue is the packaging. Mine did not come with an applicator, however, that's no big deal because i'm 99.9% sure I would not have used it anyway. The problem is that the powder has the tendency to spill out everywhere. It ends up gathering on the outer rim beneath the lid. So, every time I open it, I have to try and brush all of the excess onto my hand and back into the container. The packaging would be absolutely perfect if they were to include a tiny plug to keep the powder in place!

All in all, I would recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Glitter. No, seriously, glitter, and I am hopping mad about it because otherwise I think this would be a superlative product, but this has actual iridescent, multicolored microglitter (think the size and shape of Rescue Beautu Lounge microglitter). About three feet away from the mirror it's abundantly clear that there. is. glitter. under. my. eyes. Since I am an adult not headed to the club, going to a Christmas party or answering the door on Halloween, I find this unacceptable.

If this isn't a deal breaker for you, and for some it may not be, this is a super sheer incredibly pale rose colored powder. It looked white in the packaging and white on my hand, but there's a definite pink tinge in the little jar. It really does blur lines, and ever so slightly correct my deep, dark, oh-that's-right-I-have-a-new-baby dark circles, but seriously. Glitter. Just all kinds of no, ELF.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cuz I've had problems with concealer creasing, and I always have undereye circles and look tierd:/ this stuff applys very smooth and doesn't leave any color and I know some previous reviewers complained about glitter? its not badly notciable just makes you look awake, cmon a little glitter or sparkle ISNT GOING TO KILL YOU..hate when people freak out over shimmer in products ugh. anyways this does its intended purpous prevents my concealer from creasing I love it although the packaging isn't ideal its ok for $3.00

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by RPo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have really dark purple / blue under eye circles and I use this every morning (with Jane Iredale enlighten concealer). It works very well. I actually used to use the $25 powder but switched when I found out about parabens. This works just as well, is paraben free, and costs less than the price of shipping. I will say the packaging isn't as user friendly as it could be, but it's nice enough looking and I've learned to live with it.