September 2, 2014 | 1835 users online

Eyes - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Yikes this looked horrid under my eyes. I do not see how this would be a setting powder for the eye area. It just did not look good. It has a weird shimmer to it and leaves an unsightly cast on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't very impressed with this product and won't be repurchasing. The powder is quite finely milled and a touch lighter than a normal setting powder. In theory, this should make it more appropriate for setting the undereye area. In practice, I honestly didn't see any difference in result between this and a light application of my Catrice Prime and Fine translucent setting powder which I already use all over my face. It just added an extra product to my daily routine. As other reviewers have mentioned, it also contains glitter. I don't want glitter under my eyes! The packaging is super cute and very sturdy, although sometimes it's difficult to get the top back on properly. Because of its small size, I find it gets knocked around a lot in my makeup drawer, which makes a lot of product sift out the top and it goes everywhere when I open it.

I wouldn't recommend this when a decent quality finely milled translucent setting powder already serves this purpose, and doesn't contain glitter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Goorimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use a few layers of a very emollient concealer under my eyes everyday. I am huge fan of powders created especially to set concealer under the eyes, my favorite was Benefit Powderfage, but that has long since been discontinued. It was very pricey, but I could not live without it. Thank goodness for LM Secret Brightening Powder, I don't know what I would have done if it hadn't existed at the time. But, LMSBP has never been as good as the Benefit product. The Benefit powder had a pink undertone, which brightened my undereyes as well as setting my concealer all day.

The LMSBP does do a great job of keeping my concealer from creasing or smudging, but the shades leave a lot to be desired. #1 is very white, and #2 too yellow, though I am sure they work beautifully for people with skin tones other than mine. I am happy to have discovered this E.L.F. product, which has a nice pink undertone to it, so it does not appear too stark or dark underneath my eyes. In terms of performance, I can definitely say that this product is on par with all of the undereye setting powders I have tried. The only drawback is the few chunky glitter particles they decided to add. Honestly, they are very easy to knock off with your brush, but I wish they hadn't added them in the first place. They do nothing but make you look like you have glitter under your eyes. :P

You do get much less product compared to LMSBP, but even if you bought three of these you would be saving a ton of money. If I lived neared to an E.L.F. retailer, I would buy this product over LMSBP, but I am in an area where the E.L.F. is not widely sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Stops my concealer from creasing for the most part and makes my under eyes look brighter, really good, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by salinas247

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product for setting my undereye concealer because it brightens the area further. The teeny tiny sparkly flecks of powder helps camouflage the dark areas like it says in their description on their website. I'm very impressed with it that sometimes I apply a little on my cupid's bow too. It is very affordable and long lasting. I would repurchase and absolutely recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Kifmaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff! After I apply my cream/liquid concealer I shake some of this on top of a lighter powder foundation (one I use for under my eyes) I blend the two powders together with a 'beauty blender', spritz until saturated (toner/fix+/setting spray) and tap under my eyes. Gives you that 'refreshed and well slept' look. Not matte but not chunky and glittery or frosty either. Packaging is nice and sleek and the holes are kept small enough where it doesn't get super messy if you store it right. I use it like a salt shaker and the perfect amount comes out every time.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder! It sets my under eye concealer really well and adds some brightness to my under eye area.

This powder does have some sparkle in it. It's very iridescent, but the glitter particles are large. I apply this using a fluffy eye blending brush. I dip my brush into the powder, swirl it into the cap, and tap the powder off on my hand to get off some of the glitter. When I do this, I find that most of the glitter comes out of the powder and doesn't transfer to my under eye area.

This keeps my concealer set longer than if I didn't set it, but I wish that it lasted all day. This did not make my under eye concealer crease, so I can appreciate that!

I will definitely buy this again. The glitter isn't a problem for me as most of it comes off of the brush. It's a must have!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by heyyitslc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic!! I use all high end products so I bought a few elf things just to try them but not expecting to love them, but I fell inlove with this!! Only like $5 and works fantastic, one of my holy grail products

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by todosjahexistem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a billion times better than the Well Rested powder, by Bare Minerals. It spreads evenly, sets the concealer and has a little bit of blurry effect. Don't let the sparkles scare you away: they are unnoticeable once applied :) And it costed 3 freaking dollars.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by addied

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nope, does nothing for me.