September 22, 2014 | 1220 users online

Eyes - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wasn't really sure what to expect with this, but for the cheap price, I thought it was worth a try. I get the racoon effect with most mascaras, and my primary purpose for trying this was to see if it would help alleviate that problem with some of the mascaras I wanted to use. I apply it with the E.L.F. small stipple brush. I think that it does a nice job of setting foundation or concealer to help keep it from creasing. The shimmer shows up in the packaging, but I don't feel that it looks glittery or anything once it is applied. It seems to diffuse the look of lines. I also use it often on my upper lip area, also hoping to diffuse the look of lines, and I think it helps with that. I don't love the packaging. I put a small amount in the lid and pick it up with the brush, but the packaging is just a little too small for ease of use.

I want to try the regular HD powder from this line, and see if it is similar or the same. If it is, I might buy that instead, otherwise I would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Suzaroos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really like this stuff. I have very dry under eye area and have a few very fine lines so I'm extremely picky about products that I put underneath my eyes. For me personally, the best way to use this is: Apply my eye cream, apply concealer (I use a light hand when applying concealer) and using my Sigma F25 brush, I apply a VERY light amount to set my concealer. It seriously helps my concealer not crease and brightens my under eye area a great deal. It does have some shimmer in it, but I don't mind it. It's not thick and chunky glitter, it's a very fine shimmer.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 1:26:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Yikes this looked horrid under my eyes. I do not see how this would be a setting powder for the eye area. It just did not look good. It has a weird shimmer to it and leaves an unsightly cast on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't very impressed with this product and won't be repurchasing. The powder is quite finely milled and a touch lighter than a normal setting powder. In theory, this should make it more appropriate for setting the undereye area. In practice, I honestly didn't see any difference in result between this and a light application of my Catrice Prime and Fine translucent setting powder which I already use all over my face. It just added an extra product to my daily routine. As other reviewers have mentioned, it also contains glitter. I don't want glitter under my eyes! The packaging is super cute and very sturdy, although sometimes it's difficult to get the top back on properly. Because of its small size, I find it gets knocked around a lot in my makeup drawer, which makes a lot of product sift out the top and it goes everywhere when I open it.

I wouldn't recommend this when a decent quality finely milled translucent setting powder already serves this purpose, and doesn't contain glitter.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Goorimi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use a few layers of a very emollient concealer under my eyes everyday. I am huge fan of powders created especially to set concealer under the eyes, my favorite was Benefit Powderfage, but that has long since been discontinued. It was very pricey, but I could not live without it. Thank goodness for LM Secret Brightening Powder, I don't know what I would have done if it hadn't existed at the time. But, LMSBP has never been as good as the Benefit product. The Benefit powder had a pink undertone, which brightened my undereyes as well as setting my concealer all day.

The LMSBP does do a great job of keeping my concealer from creasing or smudging, but the shades leave a lot to be desired. #1 is very white, and #2 too yellow, though I am sure they work beautifully for people with skin tones other than mine. I am happy to have discovered this E.L.F. product, which has a nice pink undertone to it, so it does not appear too stark or dark underneath my eyes. In terms of performance, I can definitely say that this product is on par with all of the undereye setting powders I have tried. The only drawback is the few chunky glitter particles they decided to add. Honestly, they are very easy to knock off with your brush, but I wish they hadn't added them in the first place. They do nothing but make you look like you have glitter under your eyes. :P

You do get much less product compared to LMSBP, but even if you bought three of these you would be saving a ton of money. If I lived neared to an E.L.F. retailer, I would buy this product over LMSBP, but I am in an area where the E.L.F. is not widely sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by mexicancrackles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Stops my concealer from creasing for the most part and makes my under eyes look brighter, really good, especially for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by salinas247

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product for setting my undereye concealer because it brightens the area further. The teeny tiny sparkly flecks of powder helps camouflage the dark areas like it says in their description on their website. I'm very impressed with it that sometimes I apply a little on my cupid's bow too. It is very affordable and long lasting. I would repurchase and absolutely recommend it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Kifmaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this stuff! After I apply my cream/liquid concealer I shake some of this on top of a lighter powder foundation (one I use for under my eyes) I blend the two powders together with a 'beauty blender', spritz until saturated (toner/fix+/setting spray) and tap under my eyes. Gives you that 'refreshed and well slept' look. Not matte but not chunky and glittery or frosty either. Packaging is nice and sleek and the holes are kept small enough where it doesn't get super messy if you store it right. I use it like a salt shaker and the perfect amount comes out every time.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this powder! It sets my under eye concealer really well and adds some brightness to my under eye area.

This powder does have some sparkle in it. It's very iridescent, but the glitter particles are large. I apply this using a fluffy eye blending brush. I dip my brush into the powder, swirl it into the cap, and tap the powder off on my hand to get off some of the glitter. When I do this, I find that most of the glitter comes out of the powder and doesn't transfer to my under eye area.

This keeps my concealer set longer than if I didn't set it, but I wish that it lasted all day. This did not make my under eye concealer crease, so I can appreciate that!

I will definitely buy this again. The glitter isn't a problem for me as most of it comes off of the brush. It's a must have!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by heyyitslc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Fantastic!! I use all high end products so I bought a few elf things just to try them but not expecting to love them, but I fell inlove with this!! Only like $5 and works fantastic, one of my holy grail products