December 20, 2014 | 1743 users online

Eyes - E.L.F. - Studio High Definition Undereye Setting Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet. This product and the HD powder, also from E.l.f, are my life savers! First of all, I'm really fair. I am lighter than the lighter shade of MAC and this powder doesn't show at all on me. I tried it on friends who are darker, and it doesn't show on them either. It's really a translucent powder, but this one have a little rosy tint to it that doesn't show on my skin. I also have really dry skin, and this doesn't show fine lines of flaky patch at all.

I also have really dark under eye circles AND the raccoon effect curse. No matter what mascara I use, I usually get raccoon eyes. This powder removes that. It set the concealer that I use, it doesn't show at all, and it keeps me from looking like an emo-raccoon all day! I love it. It also really lightens my under-eye area and make me look more awake.

The package is tiny, but a little product goes a long way and it's SO cheap so you do not have to worry about that.

Also, buyer beware, if you do not like glitters in your products, do not buy this products. There's blue micro-glitter in it. Me, I don't mind at all, but I know that others might be put-off by this.

Oh and last thing, If you've ever tried powderflage before from Benefit and liked this product, buy this one. For 3$, you can't go wrong! It's as good (in fact probably better) than the benefit powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by tiana89

I can not rave enough about this product.
My under eyes look like I've been punched, they are so dark! I use the ELF under eye concealer in medium glow which is the BEST coverage and staying power concealer…but then i use this powder to set it, and it is fantastic!

What does this powder do?
It takes however much you have concealed your under eye and brightens it two fold. It pretty much lightens your concealer and sets it so you look even more awake and naturally bright under your eyes. It keeps my concealer from creasing and makes a noticeable difference in under eye brightening. And you can't go wrong with the price!

Note: if you are going to be taking flash photography, really blend this in or it will show!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by redaqua

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Works great. Glitter is barely noticeable. Expect some creasing when using ANYTHING under the eye. No way around that what so ever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit: solution found- mixing a tiny amount of this with cover fx cream concealer, helps it to stay without the creasing.
-=-
This makes my under eye area look dry and wrinkly. I am in my 20s, and I don't have wrinkles. So the only reason I can I think of is that this powder doesn't 'cling' and gathers into itself, when you smile. Also not working, as lightly as possible undereyes, and as an all-over powder. It's just okay. The colour isn't too good for me, it may be better for cool-toned skin or paler skin.

My skin looks really dead and dry even if I use a small amount, as an all-over powder. I will probably not repurchase after finishing it. I don't understand the good reviews.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by SammiShortCake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As everyone else has mentioned: Beware of glitter! That being said, I don't see the problem with the shimmer. I find that the glitter does not really show that much on my skin. I also love the rose color to it. It makes it blend in even better with my skin. It does help to keep my under eye concealer from caking. I also use a bit at the corners of my eyes and underneath my brow on top of my highlight because it really lightens everything up and keeps everything from slipping around.

My only main issue is the packaging. Mine did not come with an applicator, however, that's no big deal because i'm 99.9% sure I would not have used it anyway. The problem is that the powder has the tendency to spill out everywhere. It ends up gathering on the outer rim beneath the lid. So, every time I open it, I have to try and brush all of the excess onto my hand and back into the container. The packaging would be absolutely perfect if they were to include a tiny plug to keep the powder in place!

All in all, I would recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/15/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Glitter. No, seriously, glitter, and I am hopping mad about it because otherwise I think this would be a superlative product, but this has actual iridescent, multicolored microglitter (think the size and shape of Rescue Beautu Lounge microglitter). About three feet away from the mirror it's abundantly clear that there. is. glitter. under. my. eyes. Since I am an adult not headed to the club, going to a Christmas party or answering the door on Halloween, I find this unacceptable.

If this isn't a deal breaker for you, and for some it may not be, this is a super sheer incredibly pale rose colored powder. It looked white in the packaging and white on my hand, but there's a definite pink tinge in the little jar. It really does blur lines, and ever so slightly correct my deep, dark, oh-that's-right-I-have-a-new-baby dark circles, but seriously. Glitter. Just all kinds of no, ELF.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this cuz I've had problems with concealer creasing, and I always have undereye circles and look tierd:/ this stuff applys very smooth and doesn't leave any color and I know some previous reviewers complained about glitter? its not badly notciable just makes you look awake, cmon a little glitter or sparkle ISNT GOING TO KILL YOU..hate when people freak out over shimmer in products ugh. anyways this does its intended purpous prevents my concealer from creasing I love it although the packaging isn't ideal its ok for $3.00

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by RPo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have really dark purple / blue under eye circles and I use this every morning (with Jane Iredale enlighten concealer). It works very well. I actually used to use the $25 powder but switched when I found out about parabens. This works just as well, is paraben free, and costs less than the price of shipping. I will say the packaging isn't as user friendly as it could be, but it's nice enough looking and I've learned to live with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I just bought this because I'm having issues with concealers staying put beneath my eyes. They slide right into the fine lines under my eyes, making them bigger and making me look older.

I am currently using Kat Von D's Lock-It Tattoo Concealer (as well as the KVD foundation.) and it's much creamier than the benefit erase paste that didn't work so hot. (But that's for another review...) The KVD is easier to apply, but has the tendency to move around on my oily skin.

So, I bought the ELF undereye setting powder and was skeptical. I had a Sephora SA put the Laura Mercier brightening undereye powder on with the KVD, and it was nice, but the ridiculous price tag put me off. A $3.00 powder is worth a try to save $21.

It has the barest tint to it-- almost pinkish in appearance, but it doesn't add color to my skin. There's also the barest hint of shimmer, but it isn't super heavy, nor is it super noticeable once it is applied. (In fact, I think I get more glitter fallout from the shimmery UD shadows I use than goes on with the ELF powder.) I see more glitter in the jar than I end up seeing on my face. So, don't be put off by the "shimmer" you see in the package.

I applied the concealer and patted it where I needed to, checking to make sure that it covered the under eye circles. I then used the fluffy end of the double-ended brush that came with the UD Naked palettes. It is basically a really fluffy shadow brush that causes mega fallout with shadow but puts the powder on and spreads and blends nicely. It says to apply with an upwards sweeping motion, but I swept it on side to side, buffing a little bit. It worked fine.

It comes with a tiny little brush to apply it, but it seems pretty useless. You may be able to salvage it as an eyeliner brush, and I might try that, but it isn't a very good brush for powder application. (I might actually use it to clean hard-to-get areas of electronics, or clean out the dead skin and hair from my pen-sized facial hair trimmer...) If you have any kind of small, fluffy brushes that go into smaller areas like undereyes, use that instead.

The ELF powder set the concealer nicely; it seemed to cover up flaws. I went to a bar where I was quite warm and sweating a bit, and when I got home, my concealer was where I left it. (I was only out for a few hours... It might require touch-ups for a longer period of time, but with oily skin, that's perfectly normal to have to touch up anywhere.)

It says you can use it by itself, but I don't notice much of a difference when I do that. It goes on and feels silky, but other than maybe absorbing a little bit of oil, it didn't seem to do much by itself. It sets creamy/liquid concealer well, but I don't know how it does with heavier, drier, paste-like concealers like erase paste.

The only problem I really have with it is the packaging. I don't get the need to have an awkward, square-shaped jar. The sifter is nice and fine, and I just tap it into the lid, swirl the brush, tap the excess, and apply. The problem comes when trying to put the round part of the square lid onto the round part of the square jar... and it's difficult to put it back on quickly. It requires more effort than necessary. (It doesn't take *THAT* much effort, but it is irritating to have the lid on cockeyed.) It's a pretty jar, but functionality isn't so pleasant.

For $3, I really can't complain about this product. It is worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by melayala22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I cannot believe how much I love this product!!! I bought it on a whim, just to push my ELF order into qualifying for free shipping, and I am glad I did. The container is small and light, very portable. The brush it comes with is great for applying cream concealer but not great for this powder. The powder is very fine and feels like silk when you rub it between your fingers and it had a slight sparkle to it. Dont be afraid of the sparkle, its the magic ingredient that makes this product great and it doesn't look sparkly when its on. Just dust this powder on over concealed dark circles with a fluffy crease brush to instantly look alive. I could not freaking believe how huge of a difference this made for me, I have BAD dark circles under my eyes and this ALMOST completely covered them. The best under eye setting powder I have ever used hands down. Plus its $3 FREAKING DOLLARS!