Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 4/6/2015 11:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

So I have been trying the RT sponges for a while and really like them, for sponges, that is. I'm more into brushes though and have yet to find an all time favourite foundation brush, so I thought I'd give this one a try. I have ordered this and the RT stippling brush from the US as the Dutch webshops that sell it ask twice the price, for both the brushes as (strangely) costs for delivery (Fellow-Dutchies: kijk eens op iherb.com als je deze wilt bestellen!)

Ever since the first time I've tried it this is the brush I grab for full face make-up. It is very dense and soft for my sensitive skin. I love the way it blends the foundation in my skin. It gives a very natural and flawless result, no matter how thick or runny the consistency of the foundation/bb/cc/whatev is. I don't find the result streaky at all, but I have one foundation that has always been difficult to apply evenly so I hardly ever used it anymore. This brush gives a good result and after dabbing it with a damp RT sponge even that foundation looks beautiful.
The only downside to this brush is the thick handle as the stippling and expert brush dont fit together in the glass I use as a brush-holder, but hey, who's complaining about silly stuff like that when you have a wonderful brush for a bargain, right!
So far it has been easy to clean and didn't shed at all, I hope it will last a while.

on 4/4/2015 4:09:00 PM

I'm gonna be absolutely honest........I didn't purchase anything from the real techniques line for a while due to the overwhelming amount of hype around it....you're probably saying? what? why? wouldn't that make you want to purchase it?

but in reality I'm a brush snob. I own a lot of them, pay full price for the ones I know are worth it and due to that I tend to take my time in purchasing products. Off the bat, right after they launched I saw that got a tonnn of great reviews. but I was like meh...I tried eco tools, target brushes, so on so forth I'll wait (especially cause I have so many synthetic brushes already at that foundation brushes). Then I saw that they were on bogo at ulta so I thought....okay lets give it a shot.....

holy mother of god..............this is amazing.

This brush is EVERYTHING! well at least to me. There really is no other brush I can compare this to due to this odd ball shape. its dense and fluffy while having a pressed in edge allowing it to be flat? now before I go on I will say I LOVE full coverage that looks natural so my foundation brush of choice is flat top or rounded buffers. This is the best cause you can stipple, buff, and spread it on like a flat foundation brush. The best types of foundation to use this with thicker formulated foundations like kat von d's tattoo foundation where it can really spread and glide it on all over without it looking cakey. It also is great with mineral foundation because of how jam packed the bristles are allowing you to really buff it on and get the best coverage and especially due to the pinched sides, it allows you to go into every crevice.now am I saying its limited to that specific type ? no it works great with almost every type of foundation I've tried so far. but I do prefer to use it really just for thicker foundations and mineral foundations just because I like using specific brushes for specific things due to me having so many already.

best part? its synthetic so cleaning it is a absolute breeze compared to natural hair.

would I purchase again ? absolutely
is it worth it? clearly !
is it budget friendly? ......yes and no kindaaaaa expensive for drugstore (honestly I'm cheap and biased when it comes to drugstore products) but it does go on sale so keep a eye out

on 4/4/2015 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a really good brush for buffing in cream foundation. It really does the job although it can go a little streaky at times. However be warned if you use an expensive foundation as it picks up a LOT of product, way more than if you were to use your fingers. The results are nice however I went back to applying my foundation with my fingers and I get similar if not better results (this works for me as I don't have any massive blemishes to cover just redness and acne scars). When I use the brush I get a much higher coverage which I don't really need but with my fingers I get a much lower coverage and it looks more natural so I realized I'm happier with that even though the application is messier. This is a good brush but I'll have to find a different use for it.

I'm not sure there's anything I can say that hasn't already been said about this brush. This was the first domed foundation brush that I ever tried and it changed my make-up game forever. I always have one in my bathroom and a spare in my purse. The one in my purse is more for blending and evening out my make-up as it settles through the day. It always looks fresh after a few swirls around my t-zone.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

LOVE it, it makes my normally dry and cakey foundation look absolutely flawless. I'm scared that it won't last though because all of my RT brushes get rough on me in about a month :(

on 3/28/2015 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I really enjoy this brush. The size and shape is perfect for getting into smaller spaces such as under your eyes or around your nose. Applying liquid foundation is a breeze with this brush, and it leaves a perfect finish. I really should see about adding a second brush to my collection to use when the first one is dirty.

on 3/28/2015 8:01:00 PM

really nice for blending concealer!

on 3/28/2015 7:30:00 PM

I'm now on to my second "Expert Face Brush", I owned my first one for approx 1yr then it suddenly started to excessively shed its bristles; which I'm assuming is down to a breakdown of the glue due to products & washing it etc. I was abit dissapointed because it looked in perfect condition still but never mind. 1yrs worth of daily use for £10ish is worth it & before then it didn't shed at all. Despite the above this is by far the best brush I've ever used for foundation, I wasn't so keen when I first bought it but I grew to love it & I use it everyday to apply Estee Lauder Double Wear & it blends it perfectly. I won't use anything else to apply my foundation hence why I ran straight out to buy a replacement.

on 3/24/2015 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

i bought this brush to use for blending my foundation, and although it does work really well for that, i have found that the best use for this brush is blending undereye concealer. i also use it with liquid highlight. it's the perfect size (for under your eyes, that is; it is smaller than a typical face brush) and it blends the product seamlessly into the skin instead of buffing it off. i definitely prefer this brush over the buffing brushes i used before because buffing brushes seem to suck up liquid and cream products whereas this one does not absorb product at all. not only does this save product, but if you are lazy like me, you can use this brush for a long time between washes because it does not get stiff from absorbing your makeup, and it blends your makeup right on your skin rather than absorbing your makeup while you're trying to blend. at $9 it's so cheap considering how good the quality is.

PROS: Fantastic for liquid foundation application and even blush, if you don't like a broad stroke.

CONS: Not great for oil-based foundations. Need synthetic for those.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products