Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 8/27/2015 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I dislike this brush completely. It smells like wet dog and I can't get the odor out of it. I've soaked it in Parian Spirit, and soaped it with Japonesque cleanser, but it still smells like wet dog. It seems to leave some odor on my face (maybe that's psychosomatic?) The bristles aren't very soft by my standards, and the brush is very lightweight. It feels like a toy. This gives a streaky application on top of its other issues. Based on my experiences, if you need inexpensive brushes, you'd be way better off buying Ben Nye brushes from a costume store.

on 8/17/2015 9:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was expecting from the reviews an amazing effortless application but I found it was a little streaky and I prefer my tarte brush or the stippling brush more for foundation. On the positive side This is a good brush its awesome for the hard to reach spots on your face like around your lips or nose and such, and like all RT brushes it's good quality

on 8/15/2015 2:03:00 AM

This brush is amazing!!! I cannot emphasize enough. I had heard a lot of hype over Real Techniques brushes, so I finally gave in and purchased this one. This brush is so versatile and the bristles feel luxurious/not cheap at all. This brush works really well for contouring (bc the bristles are more "compact" so easy to target areas you want to apply makeup). Also works well for all over applying of foundation or powder. Would work well for blush although I have not used as such. This would be a great brush for beginners to makeup bc it's so affordable and versatile.

Just FYI that if you want to save money, better to purchase Real Techniques brushes online than in store.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first ever foundation brush I bought for myself but I thought it was too small for my face. It is dense, but not enough for my foundation. But when I started using cream blusher, I find that this is the perfect brush to apply cream blusher or blending out cream bronzer/contour because it fits in the hollows and apples of my cheeks.

on 8/11/2015 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Prior to this I tried the Dior high coverage brush but wasn't a fan because the bristles felt a little stiff, and I also felt like it maybe wasn't dense enough to give decent coverage. I found the Expert Face Brush just browsing around online and I'm so glad I did; its honestly one of the best foundation brushes I've tried so far. It's soft enough that it doesn't prickle but firm enough to blend product well. Its fluffy and dense, and while it absorbs quite a bit of foundation (meaning you do waste a small amount each time you use it) it applies beautifully, and the softness of the bristles make it easy to work around the corners of your eyes, nose etc too. It also retains its shape after washing and doesn't feel like you've lost any bristles. I've only owned it for a few months so I'm not sure about its longevity yet, but for now I give it 5 stars :)

on 8/4/2015 2:55:00 PM

Brilliant for applying primer, foundation and CC cream. It's a lovely soft brush that washes really well. I loved it so much that I bought the whole range!

on 8/2/2015 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The reason i gave this brush 5 stars is
1 very good brush for all makeup products
2 for cream/liquid foundations is amazing
3 very good price 😍
4 its so soft
But you must know how to use it ....
You have to blend your foundation very well into the skin in circles motions so you end up with a very somth finish and sleek💖

on 7/30/2015 9:56:00 PM

Great value for this great brush. I use it with Givenchy liquid foundation and have no problems and won't ever use another foundation brush. I used MAC 190 for a long time before trying this one and I get a smoother finish with Real Techniques. I should wash it more often, but don't and have no problems because it seems like the foundation doesn't collect on or dry on the brush -- most of the makeup ends up on my face, not soaked into the brush.

on 7/27/2015 4:02:00 PM

Prior to this brush, my foundation was a wreck. I applied too much, it came out too streaky and patchy, clung to all my dryness. It was a mess, both because my skills weren't up there nor my tools (I was using the ELF powder brush). This brush made it so much easier. The unique ferrule of the brush is easy to hold, the bristles are soft but densely packed, allowing you to spread product and buff it in without extra work, and as long as you don't apply too much product, you should be getting a good result. It is also very easy to clean and hasn't shed on me at all. Also, because of the ferrule, it shouldn't come unglued, which a lot of other brushes do. Definitely recommend.

on 7/27/2015 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Where do I even start? I was on the market looking for a fool proof foundation and powder brush. I hadn't had much experience with makeup brushes, considering how expensive they can be. Although the elf small stippling brush I had was awesome, I felt I could get better coverage with a better brush. So I did my research and came across this specific brush. I finally came to my senses and bought this makeup brush at Ulta for around $9. I've got to say; the package it came in was high quality, and the brush itself was exceptional. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought this brush was in the $20 range! I tried this out with my foundation, and it made my skin look so much better than using my fingers to blend! I also love to use this with my Instant Age Rewind concealer and any concealer for that matter. And of course, it was perfect for setting my face with my Mac Studio Fix powder. I think this brush can give you a flawless finish, and can even be used to apply blush and contour because of its dense size! Thank you real techniques for such an ideal makeup tool! You made me believe in the power of a good quality makeup brush.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products