December 21, 2014 | 1509 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Florida555

I really like this brush. It has lots of thick bristles that apply liquid foundation really, really well. I also used it on multiple occasions to apply blush which worked very well. It gave the blush a really rounded appearance. It is very high quality for $9.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by SianLouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this brush for almost anything, liquid foundation ,liquid highlighter and my cream bronzer mostly. Although I use this brush for three very different shades it does not overlap on my face, making it seem like I wash my brush between every use. This brush gives such a flawless look with foundation on my face even though I have many imperfections it covers them up nicely, over bits which have not been covered I blot over that section again to which usually seems to do the trick! Although whenever I do clean this brush it comes clear to me of how much product it does hold back onto - as the product is usually up to the handle, I think this is due to this being such a compact brush that once the product gets into tight spaces it is hard to get out. Overall this is a amazing brush and I honestly don't know what I would do without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by galactica17

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very well made brush that doesn't really work for me. It washes easily, and doesn't shed. It is also fairly soft. Unfortunately, my skin is dry and slightly flaky, especially on my cheeks, so I usually use a dampened stippling brush (MAC 187) to apply my liquid foundation. I get frustrated with 187 because it is too wide for my face (and 188 is too narrow) so given the great reviews I decided to give this a shot.

As other reviewers have noted, this is a very thirsty brush. It soaked up a lot of foundation, even though I kept spritzing it with water. It also pulled the makeup off my skin when I tried to blend with it.

It isn't the brushes' fault...the dense bristles are no doubt better suited to buffing in powder or applying cream foundation. I would highly recommend it for those uses, but for an airbrushed finish on dry skin, I will stick to a stippling brush. I may try the RT stippling brush next.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2014 5:14:00 AM More reviews by julianaq

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This a great multitasker, I use it mainly to apply my liquid foundation and I love it for that purpose but I have also used it for powder, bronzer and blush. It's super soft, I would definitely recommend this, for the price and the quality that you get it's a bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Coebags

At first I wasn't that into this brush, mainly because I was so into the buffing brush by Sam. The expert face brush is more suited to liquid foundation and creams. The buffing brush more suited to powders, HOWEVER you can use them for all, they are that versatile. The size is perfect and all foundations blend really quickly, it makes light work of everything.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Lkatz90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This brush is fantastic! Great full coverage that looks completely natural! What a difference a quality makeup brush makes!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by daisyismydog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush for applying cream or liquid foundation. I also occasionally use it for cream blush.

It's dense, but not too dense so you can build the coverage up and buff as needed. It has an oval shape with a rounded top which makes it a good size for covering your entire face and also getting into all the little nooks and crannies around your nose.

I've owned this brush for over a year and with regular washing I haven't lost any bristles. I definitely recommend this if you use liquid/cream products and like using a brush to apply

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by aenflex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't like and don't use brushes very much at all for face makeup. I use sponges/fingers for my TM and currently am using cream blush that I apply with my fingers.
However, I needed a firm, dense, smaller sized brush to pick up and apply both my pressed and loose powder highlighters. I found the ELF studio blush brush way too soft, and my Eco Tools blush brush much too large for use with highlighter.
THIS BRUSH IS PERFECT for my needs. It picks up firmly pressed powder quite well, and also works well with my loose pigment. I've found that it picks up a good amount of product, but not too much. Tap it off though, or it can apply heavy.

The only con is the price, I hate spending on tools. I think I paid about 8$ for this it Walmart. Since I have nothing to compare it to, I'm not giving it a 5 for now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like all RT brushes, this one rocks beyond explanation and far beyond and above what one would expect for the price... Like all RT brushes I have purchased, this works way better for cosmetic applications it isn't advertised for.

So this is supposed to be a foundation brush? How is that - I really would like to know. It's way too small and dense for that, at lease for my fat face. While it does work for foundation and will provide a fresh flawless appearance its way more suited for "spot" foundation application, not all over. When I tried to use it for contouring, blush, and even highlighting and it worked like a charm! Somehow it manages to pick up/apply just the right touch of color, even using the most opaque products requiring major blending out. It takes the work out of applications and precision, it's awesome.

I can't in good conscious give this 5 stars because it really should be a bit bigger for use use as an all over foundation brush, which is how its advertized. But it def deserves 5 stars for quality and versatility!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by makeupstuffs

I'm the kind of person that spends a lot of money on makeup and makeup tools. I normally stick to Mac brushes. However, after the last Mac brush was hardly amazing (too many bristles falling out) I thought I'd try something like this. I AM IN LOVE. I never reach for my Mac brushes, this is softer and I get no hairs shedding with this and it's nice to know its synthetic yet so great. Blends very evenly, feels great and is cheap. Do give it a try especially if you're on a budget.