Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 6/29/2015 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I use this brush to apply full coverage foundations and buff out cream blushes. I like to spray the brush with fix + and buff the product on with it after the creme/liquid foundation has already been applied to my face with either my fingers or a classic paint brush foundation. This technique minimizes the waste of product, improves the coverage, and reduces the application time.

The brush is inexpensive yet high quality. It is very soft and durable. I have washed it various times and it still performs beautifully. The biggest downside of the brush, which is something that doesn't bother me, is the size of the brush. The brush is a little small for a face brush, but I prefer this design because I can really target certain areas such as my jawline for cystic acne spots and hard to reach places like the sides of the nose. For people who want a quick 30 second foundation application, this is not the brush for you. This has a specific design that is great for those who really want to achieve perfect coverage.

on 6/24/2015 9:17:00 PM

This is such a really great brush, I use it to apply liquid foundation, I also have the RT buffing brush which is a little less dense than this one. This brush has lovely soft bristles but itís dense and firm, it is perfect for both stippling or buffing. I have found since using this brush I do not have to reapply my foundation or even really touch it up. If I lost this brush I'd go out and immediately replace it.

on 6/23/2015 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I only use this to apply liquid foundation now and I am so sad that I can't find anymore in Canada. They were selling at Winners and I loved the feel of the very soft but dense bristles. It applies cream or liquids like butter. I get the most airbrushed finish. I used to apply foundation with my MAC stippling brush and one day I went back to using it and the result just wasn't the same as RT. Next time I see more, I will pick up as many as possible so I will never be without it.

on 6/22/2015 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This brush works better than the BareMinerals flawless face brush for applying my original BareMinerals. I LOOOVE it! It helps me get my coverage just right and perfectly even, and it feels lovely on my skin as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

works well and doesn't waste any product

on 6/19/2015 7:53:00 AM

This is my favourite brush for blending liquid. I use it just for my concealer as I find it gives too much coverage if I use it for my mineral foundation. This blends like nothing I've ever used before. It gets into all the corners including around the nose - which I always found difficult before this brush - and it leaves no discernable brush marks. I've used brushes that just take away the product or just move it, but I've had no such problem with this. It's so soft and dense that it provides a good high coverage. It's also lovely to handle and feels very sturdy with no fallout of the bristles so I feel I won't have to repurchase for a long time. Even if I did have to, I would do it in a heartbeat as it's such good value (I picked mine up for about 9 or 10 euro in Ireland) for such a high quality brush.

on 6/8/2015 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this as a cream blush brush and foundation brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I honestly don't see the buzz about this. I use the real techniques buffing brush, and I can seriously tell the difference, people say they prefer this one, but the shape makes it so much harder to use in my opinion. It doesn't have a very wide top, so it takes longer to apply foundation. Plus, I really don't like the shape of it. I prefer moving my face around the brush, not fitting the brush into all the nooks and crannies, that may just be personal preference! I'm sure I could get used to it, but I prefer being able to use a brush straight away, not taking time to learn to use it. But it is still a good brush, as are most of the real techniques brushes, but honestly, I'd go for the buffing brush over this one any day.

on 6/3/2015 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I ignored this for ages because I was sick of hearing all the non stop-hype about it. Well, it is very good and deserves the attention. It is affordable, soft, not too large or small and good for those with drier skin who don't like to buff away and micro exfoliate their face. I like that Real Techniques is accessible, compared to other make up brush bands. This brush helps blend in makeup well and I haven't found any streaking. I also haven't experienced any shedding, which is great. I really don't know what else to say except that this is a really good, reliable brush that doesn't absorb too much product compared to other brushes and does the job reasonably quickly. I will not be straying for a long time.

on 6/1/2015 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a massive fan of the Real Techniques brushes, and this one is no exception. I had read a lot about the range and had quite a few brushes on my wish list, and this was the first I actually purchased. I actually use it to blend my liquid concealer, which I realise is probably not the way most people use it. I've read that a lot of people use it as a foundation brush, and I'm sure it work well with my foundation but I personally love it as a concealer brush.

I use the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer with the doe foot applicator. I dap the concealer over any areas on my face that I want to conceal, and swipe it under each of my eyes. I then use this brush to blend it all in in patting and buffing motions. I try not to rub too much as I don't want my concealer to move around too much from where I want it to be. It buffs the concealer into my skin very quickly without leaving streaks. Although it is quite large for a concealer brush I still find it easy to use all over my face, even around the edges of my nose and right near my eye, as I can hold it at different angles and control how much of my skin it's touching at one.

It is quite soft but very dense, which is good as it feels nice inn my face but it's strong enough to pat product into my skin quickly and effectively. Being dense also means there's not much room for product to sink in between brush hairs and end up getting wasted. It also makes it very easy to wash as most of the product build up is around the end of the bristles, so there's not a lot to clean out from deep inside the brush. It doesn't shed during use or washing, and also retains its shape after cleaning. It doesn't take too long to dry either, probably 4-5 hours to be fully dry. The handle feels sturdy but not too weighty or awkward to held, and has a flat brush making it easy to stand up on a batch while you're doing your makeup. For a brush of this quality it's a really good price too.

Popular Makeup Brushes