Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Expert Face Brush

4.6

on 7/7/2015 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm a fan of this brush -- I purchased it not to apply foundation/TM, but instead to buff it out after I blend with my fingers. I agree with the reviewer who called this a "thirsty" brush -- if I use the brush to straight-out apply a liquid product to my skin, it doesn't apply as sheerly as I would like and seems to use a lot more product than if I use my fingers to dot and blend. However, for buffing foundation out, this brush is awesome -- it makes my TM look very natural and skin-like, which I love. It does get gunky fairly quickly (after about 2-3 weeks of near-daily use), so I make sure to clean it when it starts behaving oddly -- the buffing becomes streaky or patchy. I use Dr. Bronner's (amazing) peppermint soap to clean my brushes, and this brush dries quickly overnight and is still soft, yet firm in the morning. I've owned this brush about 2 years, and I haven't seen any signs of weakening (shedding hairs, etc.), but I would buy it again if I had to for any reason.

on 7/3/2015 2:21:00 PM

LOVE this brush!!!

I have had it for 2 years and it is still just as good as the day that I purchased it. Along with being soft and applying my foundation like a dream it is so easy to clean, brushes I have tried in the past have held the product in forcing you to work harder to clean them which could damage or loosen the bristles.

I love that it is affordable too! Occasionally Ulta will have a promotion featuring buy one get one 1/2 off, you can also combine their store coupon with the sale :-)

I loved this brush by Real Techniques. I thought it would be a lot bigger, but it applies foundation like a dream. It's so soft but still firm and therefore it doesn't waste any product but applies everything smoothly. I used this brush on my sister and she absolutely loved this as well. I'm in love with this brush and I would buy it over and over again. It's absolutely amazing and the price is perfect. I recommend this to anyone and everyone!

on 6/29/2015 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I use this brush to apply full coverage foundations and buff out cream blushes. I like to spray the brush with fix + and buff the product on with it after the creme/liquid foundation has already been applied to my face with either my fingers or a classic paint brush foundation. This technique minimizes the waste of product, improves the coverage, and reduces the application time.

The brush is inexpensive yet high quality. It is very soft and durable. I have washed it various times and it still performs beautifully. The biggest downside of the brush, which is something that doesn't bother me, is the size of the brush. The brush is a little small for a face brush, but I prefer this design because I can really target certain areas such as my jawline for cystic acne spots and hard to reach places like the sides of the nose. For people who want a quick 30 second foundation application, this is not the brush for you. This has a specific design that is great for those who really want to achieve perfect coverage.

on 6/24/2015 9:17:00 PM

This is such a really great brush, I use it to apply liquid foundation, I also have the RT buffing brush which is a little less dense than this one. This brush has lovely soft bristles but itís dense and firm, it is perfect for both stippling or buffing. I have found since using this brush I do not have to reapply my foundation or even really touch it up. If I lost this brush I'd go out and immediately replace it.

on 6/23/2015 4:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

I only use this to apply liquid foundation now and I am so sad that I can't find anymore in Canada. They were selling at Winners and I loved the feel of the very soft but dense bristles. It applies cream or liquids like butter. I get the most airbrushed finish. I used to apply foundation with my MAC stippling brush and one day I went back to using it and the result just wasn't the same as RT. Next time I see more, I will pick up as many as possible so I will never be without it.

on 6/22/2015 1:45:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This brush works better than the BareMinerals flawless face brush for applying my original BareMinerals. I LOOOVE it! It helps me get my coverage just right and perfectly even, and it feels lovely on my skin as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

works well and doesn't waste any product

on 6/19/2015 7:53:00 AM

This is my favourite brush for blending liquid. I use it just for my concealer as I find it gives too much coverage if I use it for my mineral foundation. This blends like nothing I've ever used before. It gets into all the corners including around the nose - which I always found difficult before this brush - and it leaves no discernable brush marks. I've used brushes that just take away the product or just move it, but I've had no such problem with this. It's so soft and dense that it provides a good high coverage. It's also lovely to handle and feels very sturdy with no fallout of the bristles so I feel I won't have to repurchase for a long time. Even if I did have to, I would do it in a heartbeat as it's such good value (I picked mine up for about 9 or 10 euro in Ireland) for such a high quality brush.

on 6/8/2015 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this as a cream blush brush and foundation brush.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products