November 23, 2014 | 1089 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Like all RT brushes, this one rocks beyond explanation and far beyond and above what one would expect for the price... Like all RT brushes I have purchased, this works way better for cosmetic applications it isn't advertised for.

So this is supposed to be a foundation brush? How is that - I really would like to know. It's way too small and dense for that, at lease for my fat face. I tried to use it for contouring, blush, and even highlighting and it worked like a charm! Somehow it manages to pick up/apply just the right touch of color, even using the most opaque products requiring major blending out. It takes the work out of applications and precision, it's awesome.

I can't in good conscious give this 5 stars because it really is way too small to use as an all over foundation brush, which is how its advertized. But it def deserves 5 stars for quality and versatility!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by makeupstuffs

I'm the kind of person that spends a lot of money on makeup and makeup tools. I normally stick to Mac brushes. However, after the last Mac brush was hardly amazing (too many bristles falling out) I thought I'd try something like this. I AM IN LOVE. I never reach for my Mac brushes, this is softer and I get no hairs shedding with this and it's nice to know its synthetic yet so great. Blends very evenly, feels great and is cheap. Do give it a try especially if you're on a budget.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2014 5:05:00 PM More reviews by verte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've never been a really big brush girl. I had Alima and EM brushes when I went through a mineral makeup phase, then bought some Ecotools brushes, but brushes weren't something I was passionate about or thought I really needed. Plus in Australia, all the half decent brushes (MAC etc) are very expensive. Then when I discovered Pixiwoo I rethought this (and all my makeup techniques!) and bought several of the RT brushes, including the Expert Face Brush.
This is a fantastic brush that I use for applying foundation and no matter which foundation I use (I rotate through a few different liquids atm, being By Terry Sheer Expert, By Terry Cover Expert, Clinique Superbalanced and Ellis Faas), after applying and then buffing foundation in with this brush, my skin looks amazing, and dare I say, airbrushed. I use it by putting a small amount of foundation on the back of my hand, then put the brush in the foundation, then apply and buff it into my face. The bristles are soft, yet firm enough to be able to buff in product properly so that it doesn't sit on the top of your face. Provides a precise coverage that is also buildable, even for a sheer foundation. I appreciate this as I have had some hormonal issues recently (nearly gone!) that have meant I've had a few pimples to cover. For better skin days or for lighter coverage I use (and love) the Buffing Brush. The Expert Face Brush also has a good feel in the hands - like it's not going to break - so I appreciate the fact that it's solid.
I've washed it a few times with liquid soap and used brush cleaner on it and it's stood up well. Still looks and feels new and has kept its shape.
For the price (about AU$20 retail although it is cheaper online), it can't be beaten.
I was overseas recently and had a delayed luggage issue and one of the first things I went out and bought in a panic was this brush. So yep, I've already repurchased!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 10:07:00 PM More reviews by tahneethomas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I avoided buying this brush for such a long time, thinking i'd prefer the sigma F80, I eventually gave in and went to Priceline and bought this little beauty for $20 (Australia rates). Honestly, buying this brush is the best thing i've ever done for my foundation routine. The bristles are soft and movable yet firm when you start buffing, which means that they don't bend and cause a mess of the precise application. It leaves my Loreal true match makeup looking airbrushed, I have recommended this brush to all of my friends and cannot speak highly enough of it! A little background, I had the eco tools buffing brush before this and it simply doesn't hold a candle to my real techniques!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This brush is really lovely and versatile. I found its best use is to buff out or blend through other products rather than applying anything. For example, if I've put on too much blush or powder or bronzer, this will even everything out with minimal fuss. My only real gripe is that the brush is *so* bulky it's difficult to store with other brushes; it takes up so much space! While I still keep this brush in my back-up kit, I've since transitioned over to Sigma's F82 because the brush head is bigger, a bit more dense, and its handle is slimmer.

Pros:
* very dense
* rounded shape gets into small areas easily
* durable (through regular washing and daily spot cleaning)
* great price

Cons:
* really bulky handle
* a little small for full-face buffing

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by tildabauer

This brush is simply amazing! And for its price, i couldn't ask for more.
It's very soft and applies liquid foundation smooth and natural. Easy to work with, perfect for beginners. Don't hesitate to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by natalie1001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this brush I use it with bare minerals I am Ready and it allows me to apply the tiniest amount of product and gives a beautiful finish. It was on offer in Superdrugs buy two brushes and get one free and I bought two others but this is defitnley my favourite and most used. I have washed it and it always comes out perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

First time I used this, I applied a bit too much foundation!

I have used the RT Stippling brush for months and that brush is much more a lighter coverage than the Expert Face Brush, so be mindful that a little foundation goes a long way when applying with this brush!

It gives a flawless medium to full coverage and is so easy to blend and apply, you can also use this to buff the foundation into the skin after you have applied to get that perfectly airbrushed look!

As always, RT never fails to impress! Great brush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by sabbia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush has helped to resurrect my Clinique Superbalanced Makeup. I had been using my fingers to apply foundation and did not like how thick the makeup looked on my face after application so stopped using it.

After noticing all the positive MUA review's for the RT Expert Face brush, I decided to give it a try. So glad I did! I now can control how much liquid foundation goes on my face by placing a pea-size amount of foundation on the back of my hand and gently dabbing the tip of the brush into it. I then lightly stipple the makeup in various areas of my face and then blend it in using circular motions. It now applies perfectly!

The key for me is to keep the brush clean--so I cut up an old towel into many small squares and keep some DIY brush cleaner in a squirt bottle on my makeup counter. After applying the foundation, I immediately squirt some of the brush cleaner onto the square towel and then rub the bristles around the wet towel. It takes only a couple seconds and gets most of the makeup off. I still do a deep clean with baby shampoo once a week to get the remaining makeup out. It cleans so easily and keeps it shape perfectly.

I noticed that this brush works better for me with thicker foundations. I also have been using a bb cream but it seems to apply better using the RT Stipple Brush. But...I absolutely love this brush for the thicker makeup! I got it at Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% coupon so paid a little over $7 for it. One of the best makeup purchases I have made.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by Emsabells

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

After hearing every man and his dog rave about these brushes, I thought I would hope on the bandwagon as all the brushes I own, to be blunt, suck. Bought the expert face brush on recommendation from several people, and purchased in Boots for under 10, and wow. This is amazing! The brush is amazing quality, it's soft, but not too soft, and feels wonderful as it glides onto your skin, really amazing. The handle is nice and seems sturdy enough. The only problem is that I really want to buy all the other brushes in their ranges now! I use this for foundation/concealer, and it's a very good shape, and can get under your eyes and on your nose and stuff well. Would really recommend this brush, especially to newbies, and at such an amazing price, I'd try the whole range!