January 27, 2015 | 1611 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2015 6:31:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have to say, after watching all the beauty gurus on YouTube raving about this brush, "how incredibly soft it was", "how amazing it applied foundation", I was excited, no, ecstatic when I found it at my local Walgreens. I paid around $10 for it, and used it first thing when arriving home.
And it was a huge dissapointment to be honest... Really, I understand that the bristles are duo fiber and dense, that it applies foundation without streaking, but really? The hairs on the brush are very coarse and brittle. It felt so uncomfortable buffing foundation against my skin with this brush! My sensitive skin felt hurt and tugged. I am used to softer brushes that, believe it or not, I bought at EBay for a super cheap price and they are amazingly soft and well made. If you want to check those out, here's my review on them: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=175673/Ebay-10-Piece-Kabuki-Brush-Set/Unlisted-Brand/Makeup-Brushes

For my sensitive skin, this brush isn't for me. And it is kind of small and expensive for what it really is. Not a fan, sorry Chapman girls!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2015 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Lumpytacos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic affordable brush that everyone should own. I use it for my liquid foundation and stick foundations.

Pros:
-very soft bristles which don't shed
-stands up on tabletop
-blends foundation seamlessly and evenly
-affordable (I bought mine on iherb, it's so much more expensive in australian stores)

Cons
Can't really name any

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2015 5:59:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

I returned this brush. The RT Expert brush has soft, dense ,man made bristles but the fiber hairs are too compact and tight with very little give. I have found this to be the case of a few of the RT brushes.
While it performed well, I don't want a brush to be tugging at my skin like this one did.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2015 3:45:00 PM More reviews by laurawilliams94

This brush is amazing! such a high quality brush at an affordable price. I got mine for 8.99 from superdrug in the UK which included free delivery for beauty card holders. This brush is extremely soft and feels lovely on the skin. I use this for liquid foundation - either bobbi brown longwear or bourjois healthy mix. I pump the foundation on the back of my hand and then use this brush to apply it, after priming my face. It blends the foundation in seemlessly! I then use the real techniques buffing brush to apply my powder. All in all, I couldn't recommend this brush enough.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2015 3:24:00 PM More reviews by celina5847

This sucker is hard and I didn't like it one bit. I have several knock off real tech brushes from ebay/China that I've purchased for $1.32 with free shipping and they were better imo. They usually arrive in 9days,the longest I've waited is 2wks and considering that my Ulta purchase from less than 200 miles away tooK 12 days to arrive, I'd be crazy to complain. These brushes are well made, dense yet soft bristles with No shedding. Minus the brand name on the handle you would never know that they were not the real deal just by looking at them.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 5:45:00 PM More reviews by DallasCowgirl

I love this brush, gives your foundation a nice airbrush look, the brush is very sturdy and firm like I like them. I love using this brush to apply my cream to powder foundation...I've already purchased 3 of just this brush and I will continue to purchase more...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2015 5:32:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

This is my favourite brush for applying liquid foundation (Bourjois healthy mix serum or Make Up For Ever face and body). It's dense, soft and makes applying foundation fool proof! I get one pump of foundation on the back of my hand and buff it onto my face and it provides the most beautiful, flawless coverage. I bought this off Amazon for around $10 CAD which is a total steal. The best part about this brush is that it doesn't shed and after washing, it dries overnight and is ready for use. I need to get a backup.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2015 2:38:00 AM More reviews by mimipls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was pretty disappointed with this brush.. I have very soft skin and it's sometimes sensitive. I found this brush to soak up a lot of my foundation and it didn't distribute it very easily.. I think the bristles are quite tough too ugh. I have 4 or 5 other real techniques brushes and they're all better than this one! I could use it for contouring with powder but I already have the contour brush and it's perfect, this would be too big!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by treasaod

I have used this brush twice since I bought it. The brush is very dense and the product does not absorb into the brush. I dont find I need to use any extra foundation at all when using it. It leaves a great finish and buffs foundation in very well with minimal effort. Much better than a duo fiber stippler brush and a flat foundation brush. It gives higher coverage than both of them. It was a steal at the price aswell! will not be going further than real techniques.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2014 12:33:00 PM More reviews by SiaKou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loveeee this brush when I want full coverage makeup