April 17, 2014 | 1474 users online

Styling Products - Moroccanoil - Curl Defining Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by CanadaGirlToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I found the effectiveness to be okay. My hair wasn't frizzy, but I found it a bit puffy and not very defined.

However, what really bothered me was the smell. It is overwhelming and horrible and made my eyes watery. Even if this was the most amazing product for curl definition, I would not use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2013 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Rochelle54

What a frustrating product this was for me. I didn't know how to rate it.

I'm trying to work with my curls instead of constantly straightening my hair with a round brush as I've been doing for a very long time--damaged hair anyone? My hair stylist recommended this product so I bought it because I trust her judgment. Well she was right; it does work, in fact it works really well. This is how I use it. I first comb my hair after towel-drying it, then I use two pumps (if you don't use enough it doesn't work) for my just-below-the-shoulder length hair. I work it through my hair then put my head down and flip my hair over and start scrunching it with my hands. After flipping my hair back again I just arrange it in the position I'd like it to dry. I let it air dry and don't touch it. I end up with defined, unfrizzy gorgeous curls.

My problem with this product and why I didn't give it 5 stars is, as a previous reviewer mentioned, the nasty smell. It is sickeningly sweet to the point of nauseating. My boyfriend even commented on it, saying he couldn't get near me because the smell made him ill. After a couple hours of it on my head, I got sick as well. Why do companies do this? There are so many people out there with sensitivities; I don't know what they're thinking.

Anyway, back it went to my beauty salon. Thankfully I've been going to the same place for decades and they took it back no problem. This stuff's expensive--$35.00 where I bought it. Too much money to just throw away.

So frustrating because this product worked REALLY well for me. So if you don't mind strong scents then go for it, otherwise consider yourself warned.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by chimchim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff was totally disappointing. Very little frizz control, and the curl enhancing properties are marginal at best. I am always in search of a product that can do both, and this one does neither very well. Thank god I bought a sample tube instead of the full size!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by lkeeney1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first got this product about a year ago, I wasn't too thrilled with it. I got the original MoroccanOIl at the same time and was (and still am!) obsessed with it, but I was kind of disappointed with the curl defining cream. I have naturally wavy hair, and this did nothing much other than give it a liiiittle bit more texture and made the curls kind of crunchy.
But then I was mooching around on the MoroccanOil website and found a how-to video (http://www.moroccanoil.com/usa/h_us_en/curl-defining-cream) that explained the proper way to use the product, and once I tried it, I was amazed with the results. I ended up with a head full of thick, slightly mussed curls, exactly what I wanted.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by missvox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

My stylist recommended this to me when I had a wave enhancing haircut. I don't really have curly hair nor wavy at all, mostly straight fine hair with cowlick issues which causes my hair to go into different directions hence the waves. I use this to condition and smooth out frizzy/flyaway hair. This product I would say is best for conditioning and smoothing mostly. I apply a dime size from half way down and through to my ends before I blowdry. The shine is amazing and I don't mind the scent at all the fragrance. Love the airless pump and a little goes a long way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

I bought this on the promise of the brand name. Moroccan Oil products get such great reviews...however, I have been disappointed in this product's performance when used in my very curly hair. I have been using it as I would any curl activator by pulling it root to end through my hair, which has resulted in no noticeable benefit to the way my hair looks. I may try what the previous reviewer suggests which is to only apply it to my ends. It seems a shame to have spent so much money on a product and not use it. I will tell you that I can't recommend it at this time. I am currently trying the Ouidad styling creme and finding it effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by dainty77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am generally obsessed with products that smell good and this curl cream is one of them. Apart from the fantastic scent, the curl cream itself is great! I only use one full pump of product and work it into my ends after applying my mousse.

I have applied it to my roots in the past and it was a fail, only because it weighed my hair down. If you leave it on the ends, it is a fantastic product. My curls are soft and defined and I get compliments on how healthy my hair looks.

It is an expensive product, but I have had mine for about three months already and still have a little over half the bottle full.

I have tried other curl creams and by far, this is my favorite and the one I use daily.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by 1017

I really wanted this to be amazing, but so far on my fine wavy hair, it is just "ok". And I don't want to pay $34 for "ok". I am going to keep experimenting with different amounts used, but while my curly inverted (jaw length) bob took on almost a Farrah Fawcet type bounce using this my crown fell flat.

SCENT: Honestly, if the scent wasn't sooooo strong of a florally perfume scent I could work with this more. But it is strong. If you are sensitive to perfume...DO NOT BUY THIS! It is not the lovely MoroccanOil Oil Treatment smell...it is perfumey and strong. Note to myself - Do not buy this again, the scent makes it impossible for you to use.

CURL PATTERN: This gave me more of a hot roller curl than a Botticelli curl. By the end of the day, my hair does fall very flat. Also, this makes my hair feel very dirty and hard to get my fingers through on the second day.

PRICE: $34 for about 8.5oz

Conclusion - There are very few lines that I completely or at least partially buy into amass (or even more than one product). IMO, the MoroccanOil Oil Treatment is their flag ship product, the one that counts and the rest of their stuff I have tried is mediocrity at high end prices. If I had thicker more coarse hair, my opinion may be different, but most of their stuff has just been too much for my fine wavy locks. Just like the mousse, it feels like it should be right, but it isn't. Back to AG Recoil for me.