Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream

2.9

Water (aqua), cetearyl alcohol, polyquaternium-11, glycol stearate, hydrolyzed vegetable protein PG-Propyl silanetriol, polyquaternium-72, argania spinosa kernel oil (argan oil), fragrance (parfum), dimethicone, behentrimonium methosulfate (and) C10-40 isoalkylamidopropylethldimonium ethosulfate (and) cetyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, DMDM hydantoin, lactic acid

on 3/14/2015 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought the travel size version along with the hydrating cream one. I think this smells nice although at one time I disliked the scent of moroccanoil products. This is hydrating and controls frizzy hair well. It is only slightly curl defining since curls fall flat within a couple of hours, however my hair looks shiny and feels soft although there is initial crunch when applied to damp hair. I used a little on wet hair then a little more when my hair was dry and had better results. I might pair this with another product. The scent lingers for a long time. I would repurchase it since I like how my hair looks when I use it.

on 10/7/2014 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used the Moroccan Oil Intense Curl Cream and loved it, so I decided to try this. Boy was I ever disappointed! First of all, it smells so strongly of perfume. The smell is actually nice but way too strong. Second, it does nothing for frizz so I had to combine it with a serum. I will say it actually makes my thick, coarse curly look quite nice. However, it makes my hair feel like crunchy glue. This product manages to be drying and gooey at the same time. I'm so disappointed by this that I don't even want to purchase more of the intense curl cream because after this Moroccan Oil doesn't deserve any of my money!

on 6/12/2014 5:16:00 PM

I do not like this product at all. I enjoy fragranced products, but this one is little too strong and overpowers other scent you may have on. More importantly, I found that it did nothing to enhance my wavy, bob-length hair. I did watch the how-to video but it didn't help. Fortunately my stylist gave this to me as a "freebie" so no regrets about tossing it out!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I found the effectiveness to be okay. My hair wasn't frizzy, but I found it a bit puffy and not very defined.

However, what really bothered me was the smell. It is overwhelming and horrible and made my eyes watery. Even if this was the most amazing product for curl definition, I would not use it.

on 8/15/2013 6:11:00 PM

What a frustrating product this was for me. I didn't know how to rate it.

I'm trying to work with my curls instead of constantly straightening my hair with a round brush as I've been doing for a very long time--damaged hair anyone? My hair stylist recommended this product so I bought it because I trust her judgment. Well she was right; it does work, in fact it works really well. This is how I use it. I first comb my hair after towel-drying it, then I use two pumps (if you don't use enough it doesn't work) for my just-below-the-shoulder length hair. I work it through my hair then put my head down and flip my hair over and start scrunching it with my hands. After flipping my hair back again I just arrange it in the position I'd like it to dry. I let it air dry and don't touch it. I end up with defined, unfrizzy gorgeous curls.

My problem with this product and why I didn't give it 5 stars is, as a previous reviewer mentioned, the nasty smell. It is sickeningly sweet to the point of nauseating. My boyfriend even commented on it, saying he couldn't get near me because the smell made him ill. After a couple hours of it on my head, I got sick as well. Why do companies do this? There are so many people out there with sensitivities; I don't know what they're thinking.

Anyway, back it went to my beauty salon. Thankfully I've been going to the same place for decades and they took it back no problem. This stuff's expensive--$35.00 where I bought it. Too much money to just throw away.

So frustrating because this product worked REALLY well for me. So if you don't mind strong scents then go for it, otherwise consider yourself warned.

on 5/24/2013 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This stuff was totally disappointing. Very little frizz control, and the curl enhancing properties are marginal at best. I am always in search of a product that can do both, and this one does neither very well. Thank god I bought a sample tube instead of the full size!

on 1/27/2013 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

When I first got this product about a year ago, I wasn't too thrilled with it. I got the original MoroccanOIl at the same time and was (and still am!) obsessed with it, but I was kind of disappointed with the curl defining cream. I have naturally wavy hair, and this did nothing much other than give it a liiiittle bit more texture and made the curls kind of crunchy.
But then I was mooching around on the MoroccanOil website and found a how-to video (http://www.moroccanoil.com/usa/h_us_en/curl-defining-cream) that explained the proper way to use the product, and once I tried it, I was amazed with the results. I ended up with a head full of thick, slightly mussed curls, exactly what I wanted.

on 1/25/2013 1:24:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

My stylist recommended this to me when I had a wave enhancing haircut. I don't really have curly hair nor wavy at all, mostly straight fine hair with cowlick issues which causes my hair to go into different directions hence the waves. I use this to condition and smooth out frizzy/flyaway hair. This product I would say is best for conditioning and smoothing mostly. I apply a dime size from half way down and through to my ends before I blowdry. The shine is amazing and I don't mind the scent at all the fragrance. Love the airless pump and a little goes a long way.

on 12/28/2012 8:52:00 PM

I bought this on the promise of the brand name. Moroccan Oil products get such great reviews...however, I have been disappointed in this product's performance when used in my very curly hair. I have been using it as I would any curl activator by pulling it root to end through my hair, which has resulted in no noticeable benefit to the way my hair looks. I may try what the previous reviewer suggests which is to only apply it to my ends. It seems a shame to have spent so much money on a product and not use it. I will tell you that I can't recommend it at this time. I am currently trying the Ouidad styling creme and finding it effective.

on 12/28/2012 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am generally obsessed with products that smell good and this curl cream is one of them. Apart from the fantastic scent, the curl cream itself is great! I only use one full pump of product and work it into my ends after applying my mousse.

I have applied it to my roots in the past and it was a fail, only because it weighed my hair down. If you leave it on the ends, it is a fantastic product. My curls are soft and defined and I get compliments on how healthy my hair looks.

It is an expensive product, but I have had mine for about three months already and still have a little over half the bottle full.

I have tried other curl creams and by far, this is my favorite and the one I use daily.

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products