Kesalan Patharan Perfect Cleansing Oil

4.3

on 8/29/2007 1:35:00 AM

Something in this irritated my skin, and I think it's the fragrance. I had high hopes for this oil given it's short ingredients list, but it made my skin feel tight, dry and itchy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've been testing out a 60ml bottle of this KP cleansing oil recently, and so far i really like it. The fresh citrusy smell really makes cleansing off makeup at the end of the day a pleasure, unlike when using Fancl's cleansing oil which smells a tad musty and 'old'. In terms of performance, it is on par, if not better than Fancl. i find that i need to use less of this, (a few drops is sufficient to remove full face makeup, whereas i need 1 1/2 to 2 full pumps of Fancl for the same) and it rinses off easier than Fancl. Plus it leaves my face silky smooth and even appears to deep clean pores too - my pores usually look minimized after using this. However, mineral oil is one of the main ingredients in this so i wouldn't advise anyone who's sensitive to mineral oil to purchase this. Otherwise, this is recommended to others who like testing out different makeup removers. I'll update again after using this continuously for a month or two. Next on my list, though, is to try using bath oils (ie Ego QV or Eucerin) to remove makeup - after all, the main ingredients and emulsifying agents are pretty much the same. And if it works, i'll save a bomb! hee. UPDATE: I find myself putting on makeup everyday just so I can use this oil to take makeup off!! LOL. For the first time i really look forward to removing makeup every night - something i used to dread. The scent, feel, and cleansing power of the oil is perfect for me. I don't bother with a second cleanser after using this - it rinses off perfectly and leaves my skin so soft! I'm definitely buying the big bottle when the tiny one finishes. HG!!

UPDATE: Have discovered that the big bottle costs SGD$55. ouch! but i'm still determined to get it, so far this is the only cleansing oil i like, and have not gotten bored with.

on 9/18/2006 3:16:00 AM

I tested out 5 cleansing oils - KP Red, DHC, Shu High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil (clear), Shu High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil Fresh (Pink), Shu High Performance Balancing Cleansing Oil Enriched (Orange). Of the five, it's a toss up between Shu's Enriched orange oil and Shu's Fresh pink oil.

KP Red cleansing oil has a gorgeous citrus scent to it. Like all cleansing oil, it removes makeup easily. The texture is more watery/less oily the others. However, it was a little too drying for my skin. If not, this would be a favorite as I love the fresh scent! continued >>

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

almost done with the red bottle of this product. I will be going back to my DHC, this stuff burns near my eyes and i have to use it twice before i get all my mu off. dhc-1 application and a finishing wash with their Mild Soap and i'm done. no burning, no residue. will not be repurchasing the Kesalan.

on 10/15/2004 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

KP has launched a green & red bottle cleansing oil in Hong Kong. The green one is the old version which is oilier than the red one with citrus fragrance. I've been using KP green & red for years & it removes mu well in one step without causing any skin problem. I've compared 4 cleansing oil lately - KP Red, DHC, Fancl & Shu Original. KP wins.

All cleasning oil pass my waterproof mascara, e/l & Max Factor lip infinity test - need a little rubbing to remove MF. DHC is a bit dry & I believe the chemical use to emulsify the oil is heavier which I don't prefer. Fancl is very mild & reminds me the feeling of using Cataphil Cleanser. Shu is a bit oilier than KP & great for fall/ winter or dry skin days; but Shu is the only oil hurts my eyes. If you don't like cleansing oil, try EVE LOM CLEANSER which can remove every trace of mu + improve my skin. It is my HG cleanser in non-lazy days; KP Cleansing oil for summer & lazy days.

on 4/24/2004 12:31:00 AM

Superb!! This is a great cleansing oil for me after DHC. This one comes in red bottle packaging and have light citrus scent. The oil is very gentle,lighter than SHU Cleansing Oil and does not leave any oil residue. Perfect for my Combination Skin and does not cause any breakouts and clogged pores. It removes all dirt and heavy duty makeup.

on 8/18/2003 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Also my HG!!! Since I've found this, I didn't find the need to use separate eye makeup remover anymore!! It's even better than Lancome Bifacil in removing waterproof mascaras. Usually even though I've wiped my eyes with Bifacil, when I applied eye cream there're still left mascaras smeared under my eyes. But using KP Cleansing Oil really removes everything. Love the scents too!!

on 5/30/2003 2:44:00 PM

I would actually rate this product lower than Shu Uemura's as it is slightly oilier. However, i like the lingering citrus fragrance of Perfect Cleansing Oil & I can't deny it takes off all the grime on I have on my face almost as well as Shu's. If only it would come up with the 3 latest different formulations for different skin types like its other Japanese counterpart.

on 5/15/2003 9:31:00 AM

Well, DHC is my HG and it always is to me :) This KP oil is a tad more oilier after washing and it's doesn't leave my face smooth compare to DHC. Very average to me. And DHC is much cheaper too :)

on 2/3/2003 10:38:00 AM

This is really my HG! it cleans your face really well and you do not even need to double cleanse after that if u dont wish too cos it removes ALL makeup and leaves skin feeling super smooth and soft. i am using the older green version but the new red one is supposedly the same thing just that in a different packaging with a pump. however, i find that i cannot use this to remove my eye makeup cos it stings my eyes like crazy.. it would really be the best product i own if it did!

i was really apprehensive about trying this at first cos of the thought of putting oil on your face.. but it has caused me zero breakouts and just does good for my skin. it smells really nice too, not in a fake perfumed way but kinda like bloom lipglosses?? :) u have to try this if its available!! update 9/03: Now using shu cleansing oil and find it better cos its lighter. But also cos the shu lady told me a survey was done by some beauty mag and this cleansing oil only removes SURFACE makeup while shu's removes ALL including those in the pores. based on that alone i will not repurchase kp's unless shu breaks me out. it is also more affordable than kp!

Popular Face Skincare Products