October 21, 2014 | 913 users online

Palettes - Too Faced - Summer Eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was lucky enough to swap for the older edition of summer eyes. I find the colors are quite pigmented and blend well.

I feel it's important to get good quality brushes to help blend and apply properly.

As with other Too Faced palettes the instruction cards are perfect for those not good at picking complimentary colors by themselves.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Too Faced eye shadows are a winner for me, so knew that I would like this and I do but it's not one of my most reached for palettes as I only use these colours for specific looks, but I do like to have it on hand. It won't be a repurchase as I can see it lasting forever and I'm not sure if this palette is even still available.

My palette is called "Summer Eyes" and is in the metal tin. These shadows do not have any issues with fall out. Peach Fuzz and Sunbeam are not overly pigmented so do need to be packed on for effect.

Plumeria is my favourite eye shadow in this palette and I don't have a dupe for this in any other palette I own. Coral crush is a unique colour too, as you dont get many palettes with a coral. There is a little example look card enclosed as in all Too Faced palettes, I love to do the Day Look: Seashell from crease to brow, Plumeria on lid and inner corner and Cocoa Beach in crease and upper and lower lashes - it's a really pretty girly look.

The three browns: Cocoa Beach, Chocolate Sun and Toasted Coconut are all really pretty and great browns to use with any neutral palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Very nice, smooth, full of color, easy to apply eye shadows. I'm happy with my purchase, but wouldn't buy again because the bottom two highlighters are just too sparkly for my preference & the three browns are nice, but not anything special. I have blue eyes with a gold ring and all of the eyelid colors; pink, peach & teal work on me. If you already know that you do not like a true peach or pink shadow, then this is not for you. I use this with their primer and it stays on all day. Easy to blend, shade out or build more intensity. Stays put as I work with it. I had no fallout. Pretty magnetic tin packaging. Mine stays perfectly shut as I've tossed it into my makeup bag many times. Will definitely buy more Too Faced shadow palettes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favorite palette. The colors are pretty and blendable, and it's such a bargIn for the price. I personally love glitter, but if you're not a glitter lover I can see this being the wrong palette for you. I use Too Faced Glitter Glue as my primer, and suffer no fall out as a result. Really a great little palette at a good price, will definitely hit the pan on all these shades.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by jocheney

I wanted to love this so much. I was so excited about it last year, and was devastated when it was sold out everywhere. I walked into ulta recently and saw this years version sitting in a table, and I immediately snatched it up. I ran home to start playing with it, and immediately realized that I had made a huge mistake. Regardless, I keep at it for another week and a half, hoping that it was just a bad first impression, so to speak. The colors are beautiful in the pan, but look weird and muddy on the eye. And the glitter, oh my god the glitter, the pieces of glitter are HUGE. Which wouldn't be such a problem (they are a lot less obvious on the eye than in the pan), but after about an hour, they had migrated all over my face, causing me to look like a disco ball. No thank you. Such a wonderful idea, I was so sad, but so disappointed. Needless to say, I returned this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by ahs767

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was all sold out last year, so I was really excited when they re-released it! The only difference with the colors is that they've changed sugar sand to seashell.

There are pros and cons with the new packaging. It's made of tin this year instead which I don't mind, but it's only magnets that keep it shut. I'm afraid it might pop open when traveling. The plastic inside gets a little messy too, I dunno...I'm just a fan of the original packaging that too faced usually uses.

Now, on to the colors. I'm sort of up and down about them. They're very sheer, which is something that I've never had a problem with with too faced before (I own the romantic and smokey eye palettes, and previously owned the pixie pinups palette). They're really pretty, but you really have to pack it on to get them to show. Even the coral color that I thought would be so bright took some work. That said, if you work at it the looks are very pretty. Despite the fact that many of them are glittery, I also haven't experienced any fallout which is great.

The shades for the crease for each look are all different shades of brown. I don't know what I would have preferred honestly, but something different would have been nice.

I know I'll get a lot of use out of it this summer, but I probably wouldn't repurchase it if it came out again next year.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

this is the first time I try too faced eyeshadows. I love all their other products though so I thought they could do no wrong really. to me this palate is more of a 'work in progress' rather then a stand alone palate.

as most commented the packaging is lovely with all the see seashells and lovely eye look but it follows the new too faced packaging where there is only a silly pocket in the upper lid with three -make up look- cheat cards. honestly the palate is arranged in such a way that makes it obvious which colours to pair and I would rather have the old packaging with the little drawer for the sponge/brush below the shadows to hide my eye pencil or brush in it when traveling.

the colours themselves are lovely and diverse BUT the first line with the light colours are more of a shimmer add on then a stand alone, they go on too glittery and require a base. also because of the glitter you get alot of fall out if used without a base/primer.

the second line I like but the very first colour (Plumeria) I felt was a bit chalky compared to the others.

not happy with the third lines (the browns) the first two were too shimmery for my outer V and oddly the colour toasted chocolate sun tended to mud up mermaid when I tried them together as the card suggested . I like toasted coconut since it's a matte colour but it requires a touch of black to give it more depth when applied in the outer corner.

overall it's a lovely palate but it raises your expectations and you get tricked into thinking that it can be a good stand alone. I would not re-purchase it as I think too faced could do better. to me it's more of a 3.5 star palate

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by planetnars

I bought this just for the packaging, I'll admit it. I have never used a too faced product so I didn't know what to expect. I like the palette. Peach Fuzz and the sunshine color below it are sheer on my fair skin and abound with glitter to a fault. The turquoise shade does not look true to palette form unless a base color is applied but I do like the color when applied. Most of the shades have glitter but they are all pretty. Sugar sand makes a gorgeous base shadow and I use it with everything for that reason. The shadows are super soft which is normally a good thing except this level of crumbling equates to fallout. All the shades have enhanced color and wear time when used atop primer. I don't mind that some of the brighter colors have a softer effect because they can actually look sophisticated without being circus-y. I have created some gorgeous summer eye looks on my own as I felt the card looks were ridiculous. I don't regret my purchase and I'm happy I bought it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

NC25 here. I made my rare trip to Ulta & ultimately chose this palette out of the bazillion choices Ulta has. Ive used TF numerous times during my 20s & have several HGs from them so I thought they could do no wrong. (Maybe its also my tastes changing as I enter my mid 30s as well.) I was soooo disappointed with the quality of most of the eye shadow colors. The "Day" look has a frosty pink called "Sugar Sand" which is very similar in texture & pigmentation to my MAC Pink Freeze. The mid color is "Plumeria" which is a mid tone pink with slight shimmers also similar to a MAC pink I have that I cant think of at the moment. The accent color is "Cocoa Beach" which is a chocolate with beige shimmers. This top collection of colors are gorgeous and do not disappoint BUT as for the rest...ugh. The middle collection of colors for the "Classic" look are "Peach Fuzz" which is indeed a light warm peachy shade but goes on almost invisible leaving only glitter and more glitter. The glitter is a similar shade of the eye shadow color. It gets everywhere & is annoying. I have countless other dupes of this. "Coral crush", the mid tone color, is a pretty orange coral similar to MAC Paradisco but with gold glitter. Yes the glitter gets everywhere too. "Chocolate Sun", the accent, is a dark chocolate with beige glitter. The whole middle collection of colors is just one big glitter bomb. I use to not mind all that glitter before but now its just messy and annoying. The "Fashion" collection of colors at the bottom. Again....just disappointing. The highlight shade "Sunbeam" is so incredibly sheer that all it does is deposit large amount of small gold glitter everywhere (and is pretty much the same deal as Peach Fuzz in the Classic look). I am pale & this shade didnt even show up on me. Just the glitter. "Mermaid" the mid tone color is a gorgeous deep turquoise shimmer in the palette but once applied turns grey and drab. "Toasted Coconut", the accent, is a lovely brown with barely a hint of shimmer so I cant say its matte but close to it. (UDPP, paints & MK eye shadow bases cannot control the glitter fall out in this palette btw) Out of the 9 shades only 4 were decent which is not enough of a reason to shell out even the mere $36 for this palette ever again. If you love glitter then this is for you. If you are like me and get annoyed at glitter bomb overkill eye colors then steer clear of this. There are much better dupes/alternatives out there that are easy to find.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been pleasantly surprised by TF eye palettes. The quality is consistently good and the powders are generally well-pigmented and smooth. The Summer Eye palette quality is on par with the other palettes I own (Naked, Romantic and Natural).

Others have described the colors in detail, so I won't get too specific. I do like how they're paired, so it's a no-brainer figuring out which one goes with which. I'm an NC15 who can't wear colors that are *too* warm or cool, and even though the colors lean warm, they're neutral enough that anyone could wear them (even the pink shades, which pair well with the bronzy brown shade).

I wish that there was another matte or satin in there--they are quite shimmery. That said, the colors are quite fun and yes, perfect for summer. They go on smoothly and have good staying power (although I have yet to put them to the test in the hot humid August weather). The packaging is surprisingly solid, given that it's essentially cardboard.

If you can still get your hands on this, I recommend it. I scored the last palette at my local Ulta, and the manager there said that it's been a very hot item this Spring.