Physicians Formula Physicians Formula Bronze Booster - Glow-Boosting Season-to-Season Bronzer

3.3

As with my other PF reviews, I bought this product because I need talc free and that's hard to find in Europe. When my makeup from the U.S. ran out I tried PF as I'd heard good things about it. Never again.

First this product is barely pigmented and none of the colors show up well. Second it has shimmer in it which is stupid because that completely contradicts the purpose of bronzer! At least for me, I use bronzer for face contouring, so you want the darker parts to fade into the background, not catch the light and attention with shimmer. So because there's hardly any color, you have to layer it on, which means you're also layering shimmer on. By the end there's still not much visual effect of a bronzer but a lot of glitter on your face. I don't recommend at all.

From reading the other reviews, I think the positive reviews might come from people who have never tried high quality bronzes like Urban Decay, which unfortunately I can't use since the talc breaks me out :( Spend the extra $10 and get a better quality bronzer, this one is not good!

on 11/6/2014 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It didn't last at all on my skin, I got medium dark hoping I could get more of a bronze but it hardly showed up at all! The only pro is it didn't break me out. Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

on 8/16/2014 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this bronzer! Not too shimmery and looks good on my very light skin. I don't use a lot, but just enough to give my face some color so it doesn't look totally pale with my powder! Lol. It also doesn't turn orange at all as it claims!! Would repurchase. I love physicians formula

on 4/20/2014 6:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is the only bronzer I have found that is not orangey or overwhelming on my pale skin(the light shade).
After a long winter, this gives a little boost to my coloring. I don't find it to be overly shimmery at all. Matte bronzers always look too muddy on my skin. The trick to applying bronzer is to use a large, fluffy brush and shake of any excess.

on 2/17/2014 10:18:00 AM

I usually use Bobbi brown Medium 2 bronzer which works great for me, but wanted to find a less expensive drugstore brand this time. I bought the medium/dark. I was looking for something I could wear all year long. The color does not work for me, much to dark. I try using the pale side of the palette, but still looks like orange dirt on my face. Perhaps if I bought the lighter shade, it would look more natural on my skin. So over all, can not use this shade. Probably will try a different brand next time.

on 1/12/2014 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I just bought this bronzer after reading an article on how to apply bronzer to winter skin. I was randomly looking in the cosmetics aisle when I spotted this! I love the idea of bronzer for all different seasons since I love the way bronzer looks on my skin. They only had the medium-dark shade and I have light- medium skin, but this suites me perfectly! I love how the winter shade livens up my skin. This is my first time wearing it so hopefully no breakouts! I love it so far & will definitely repurchase!

on 1/7/2014 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it ! this bronzer is soft gold-shimmering, exactly what i was looking for!

I use this product to define my face with the countouring method : the 2 lighter shades as an illuminator on the top of my cheek bone and the 2 darker under the cheek bone as a bronzer to dig my cheeks.

Sometimes, when I want give my tan an healty-look, I mix the 4 shades with a bronzer brush and apply it on my nose, forehead, cheek and chin.

It's great for summer, but may be a little too sparkly for winter.

on 9/10/2013 5:02:00 PM

I like this bronzer a lot. I saw it at CVS and I liked how fair the light one was. I'm an NW20 tops with blonde hair, and green eyes. So I have to be super careful with bronzers because usually they are too dark or look muddy, not this one. I love the packaging and amazingly to me the brush is very good! It's shaped almost in a 3 like the way we're supposed to apply bronzer in the 3 motion. I mix all the seasons together and swipe from the top of my forehead down my temple to my cheek then on the jawline. I also swipe some lightly all over so i look even then do my neck and collar bones if needed.

I love all 4 colours and they do not look over shimmery on me at all. But shimmer is a preference some people like me luv it, while others just hate it. If you don't like shimmer do not buy this because even though to me it's subtle other's may not share the same opinion. This is a great bronzer for people on the paler side and it's great for Fall/Winter because it's not too much on the face. Just enough to liven up my complexion. Would I repurchase? I think so because it is one on the fairer side and that makes things foolproof for me like when I'm in a rush.

This is an awesome bronzer that looks very natural on the skin. I luv it:) Recommended!

on 8/15/2013 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only use this cuz idk what else to use!!!!! I'm going to try a tarte bronzer when I finish this up. There's not much in these, I go through them quickly.

on 6/11/2013 10:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

For my light-medium asian skin, the color on the light-medium shade to just too light. The fall and spring colors pretty much match my face color and the winter and summer colors are neither light enough to highlight or dark enough to contour.

Popular Bronzers