New York Color Matte Me Crazy

4.3

on 2/25/2015 9:20:00 PM

Gives a nice may tidying effect. Cheap and effective, though bottle is pretty small. First time I used and I only used one coat but my polish did chip several hours later but not a whole lot. I will likely repurchase.

on 1/18/2015 1:16:00 AM

Everyone seems to enjoy their Me Crazy polish and have no issues with it, but after applying my NYC Black Lace Creme (119) polish and then the Matte Me Crazy on top, it turned into a whitish crackle. Maybe I got a defected bottle, who knows? Disappointed, though.

on 12/17/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really wanted to like this product. I've been searching for a cheap matte top coat for awhile and when I found this at walmart for 2 for $3 I got really excited.
I tried it out as soon as I got home on a bunch of different colored polishes but I was slightly disappointed. I don't know if I got a bad bottle or if I just had really high expectations for this polish but it wasn't as matte as I was hoping. When its completely dry it still looks somewhat glossy, or almost as if I just used a really cheap nail polish. The only color this stuff actually looks matte on is black. I usually wear black nail polish but with it being so close to christmas I really wanted to try red nails with a matte finish. Oh well, Essie's matte top coat looks a lot better than this.

on 11/11/2014 1:03:00 PM

I totally love this top coat. Funny story, the first time I used it, it made my one thumb nail super matte and didn't do anything to the rest of my nails, and I was really upset, but I think it was just the polish I used under it because every other polish I've used with it works great. I really like matte nails, and this is a great product.

on 9/7/2014 2:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

My dirty little secret: I wear this as a base coat (and, of course, as a mattifying top coat), and it's my absolute HG base! I can get 5-6 days of wear on my long--hence, fast-chipping--nails when I use Matte Me Crazy alongside NYC's Grand Central Station as a topcoat. The effectiveness of top/base coats varies strongly from person to person, but if you're still trying to find your HGs, NYC might just be the brand for you. Don't let its low price point fool you!

As a mattifying top coat, Matte Me Crazy applies smoothly, thanks to the control-tip brush, and it dries very quickly. Like all mattifying top coats, this one will buff down to a shiny finish at the tips after a couple of days. No way around this, alas. I've owned my bottle for a year, and it's just about empty. By this point, the product is a little goopy, but this is probably my own fault for leaving the cap slightly ajar. Repurchasing time!

on 8/30/2014 11:55:00 PM

I purchased Matte Me Crazy at Walmart for $2. It is one of the best products I have ever purchased. It works and dries very quickly. I love being able to give a nail polish a whole new look with just a small coat of this product. It also works so well at protecting your nail polish from chipping off and extends the life of a manicure markedly.

on 5/31/2014 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm not a nail polish junkie and the most I'm willing to spend on nail polish is $7-$8 so when I saw this top coat I tought what the hell,being the price is so cheap I won't be dissaponted if I ended up not liking it. But I was wrong, I love it! I really like the finish it gives especially when I use it on top of pastel color polish,it reminds me of macaroon lol. I'm going to buy a back up if I see it on display at target,it's always out of stock.

on 5/13/2014 12:43:00 AM

for the price, I really can't complain. got it at Walmart when they had a 2 for $3 on NYC nail products.

on 5/10/2014 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

WOW!! What a find. I bought in Walmart for 1.99. Let me share a trick a girl told me at the cosmetic counter. When some polishes go on streaky but you just love the color...like some ESSIE colors, this is what you do for the color to go on evenly.
1. Put on base coat
2. Put on one coat of NYC Matte. Let dry
3. Put on polish followed by top coat.
So you have a matte base coat which for some reason makes the polish go on even. But you can not put this Matte on bare nails because it needs to adhere to something. That is my newest trick learned for those polisholics like me.

cheers

on 5/4/2014 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I LOVE this topcoat!! Gives me a perfect finish and the brush is perfect for application.
I used it with Wet n Wild Black Creme and there was no chipping or wearing. I most recently used it with SinfulColors Midnight Blue and it's already wearing and chipping, so maybe it just depends on the polish you're using. Will definitely buy again!