September 2, 2014 | 1850 users online

Top/Base Coats - New York Color - Matte Me Crazy

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by eaorb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased Matte Me Crazy at Walmart for $2. It is one of the best products I have ever purchased. It works and dries very quickly. I love being able to give a nail polish a whole new look with just a small coat of this product. It also works so well at protecting your nail polish from chipping off and extends the life of a manicure markedly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I'm not a nail polish junkie and the most I'm willing to spend on nail polish is $7-$8 so when I saw this top coat I tought what the hell,being the price is so cheap I won't be dissaponted if I ended up not liking it. But I was wrong, I love it! I really like the finish it gives especially when I use it on top of pastel color polish,it reminds me of macaroon lol. I'm going to buy a back up if I see it on display at target,it's always out of stock.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by softchaos

for the price, I really can't complain. got it at Walmart when they had a 2 for $3 on NYC nail products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by keiki300

WOW!! What a find. I bought in Walmart for 1.99. Let me share a trick a girl told me at the cosmetic counter. When some polishes go on streaky but you just love the color...like some ESSIE colors, this is what you do for the color to go on evenly.
1. Put on base coat
2. Put on one coat of NYC Matte. Let dry
3. Put on polish followed by top coat.
So you have a matte base coat which for some reason makes the polish go on even. But you can not put this Matte on bare nails because it needs to adhere to something. That is my newest trick learned for those polisholics like me.

cheers

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by vcarlo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this topcoat!! Gives me a perfect finish and the brush is perfect for application.
I used it with Wet n Wild Black Creme and there was no chipping or wearing. I most recently used it with SinfulColors Midnight Blue and it's already wearing and chipping, so maybe it just depends on the polish you're using. Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by kinaNHLJETS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff does the job! I love it. The price is craaaazy affordable and it's fast drying!! Love love love

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by KittyMeow123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is fabulous. Just go out and buy it. You won't regret it.

Use it in various ways...

Sandwich between 2coats of sheer polish to make it more opaque. Top with NYC Grand Central Station and you're set.

Color polish 2 coats, NYC Grand Central Station, top with Matte Me Crazy... enjoy the matte look.

Elmer's Glue All as base coat, color polish, gritty clear fine milled glitter polish like WNW Hallucinate or Kaleidoscope, NYC Grand Central Station, any chunky glitter polish just on the nail tips or all over. You can stop there or top it off with Matte Me Crazy. Your polish won't last as long but will peel off in a few days. No scrubbing, no foil, easy.

Be creative and have fun.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This matte top coat is really quite lovely. I wanted to dabble a little with the whole Matte nails trend, but I didn't want to shell out $20 dollars for a MAC one. One day as I was browsing my local Wal-Mart I spotted the NYC Matte Me Crazy Top Coat (and they were running this deal where you bought any two polishes for $3CDN so I picked up a crimson fast-dry nail-polish and this lovely top coat).

Honestly, I really do like this top coat! It's dirt cheap and it really does mattify the nail. As this is my first top coat and I don't have the MAC one to compare it to, but I this top coat does take away a good deal of shine. It dries very quickly and feels so smooth on the nail.

I'd really love to find out the science behind this top coat because it seems to cool! Watching this top coat dry is like magic! It starts out as shiny as a top coat that's slightly milky and then gradually it just turns matte.

I really love this top coat and I'm going to pick up back-ups. This is a great way to change up your nail look without doing a full nail-job. I recently tried it over a glittery polish and it looks really lovely; like frosted shimmers suspended in ice.

It's worth a try, as it won't break the bank. I certainly would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wasn't sure if I would like the matte nail trend, so wanted to try an inexpensive matte top coat. This product fit the bill. Matte Me Crazy does not give the nails a true matte effect, it dries to more of a matte-satin finish. It is easy to apply, and I've never had any issues with the formula. I have discovered that I really love mattifying glitters and shimmers with this product - it looks so cool! It's nice for when I am in the mood to change up my manicure but don't want to change my polish yet. I am surprised that I reach for it as often as I do. I just bought a back up, in fact. This and Grand Central Station top coat are my favorite products from NYC.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Lishehh

This is the first mattifying nail polish I've purchased so I don't have anything to compare it do, but I don't find it to have a very strong mattifying effect at all, contrary to what I am reading on all the other reviews. I thought that maybe I just bought one from a bad batch or something but my roommate has the same product and she says hers doesn't work very well either. Does anyone have suggestions on how I could make it work better?