April 20, 2014 | 1982 users online

Top/Base Coats - New York Color - Matte Me Crazy

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by kinaNHLJETS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff does the job! I love it. The price is craaaazy affordable and it's fast drying!! Love love love

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by KittyMeow123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is fabulous. Just go out and buy it. You won't regret it.

Use it in various ways...

Sandwich between 2coats of sheer polish to make it more opaque. Top with NYC Grand Central Station and you're set.

Color polish 2 coats, NYC Grand Central Station, top with Matte Me Crazy... enjoy the matte look.

Elmer's Glue All as base coat, color polish, gritty clear fine milled glitter polish like WNW Hallucinate or Kaleidoscope, NYC Grand Central Station, any chunky glitter polish just on the nail tips or all over. You can stop there or top it off with Matte Me Crazy. Your polish won't last as long but will peel off in a few days. No scrubbing, no foil, easy.

Be creative and have fun.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This matte top coat is really quite lovely. I wanted to dabble a little with the whole Matte nails trend, but I didn't want to shell out $20 dollars for a MAC one. One day as I was browsing my local Wal-Mart I spotted the NYC Matte Me Crazy Top Coat (and they were running this deal where you bought any two polishes for $3CDN so I picked up a crimson fast-dry nail-polish and this lovely top coat).

Honestly, I really do like this top coat! It's dirt cheap and it really does mattify the nail. As this is my first top coat and I don't have the MAC one to compare it to, but I this top coat does take away a good deal of shine. It dries very quickly and feels so smooth on the nail.

I'd really love to find out the science behind this top coat because it seems to cool! Watching this top coat dry is like magic! It starts out as shiny as a top coat that's slightly milky and then gradually it just turns matte.

I really love this top coat and I'm going to pick up back-ups. This is a great way to change up your nail look without doing a full nail-job. I recently tried it over a glittery polish and it looks really lovely; like frosted shimmers suspended in ice.

It's worth a try, as it won't break the bank. I certainly would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wasn't sure if I would like the matte nail trend, so wanted to try an inexpensive matte top coat. This product fit the bill. Matte Me Crazy does not give the nails a true matte effect, it dries to more of a matte-satin finish. It is easy to apply, and I've never had any issues with the formula. I have discovered that I really love mattifying glitters and shimmers with this product - it looks so cool! It's nice for when I am in the mood to change up my manicure but don't want to change my polish yet. I am surprised that I reach for it as often as I do. I just bought a back up, in fact. This and Grand Central Station top coat are my favorite products from NYC.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Lishehh

This is the first mattifying nail polish I've purchased so I don't have anything to compare it do, but I don't find it to have a very strong mattifying effect at all, contrary to what I am reading on all the other reviews. I thought that maybe I just bought one from a bad batch or something but my roommate has the same product and she says hers doesn't work very well either. Does anyone have suggestions on how I could make it work better?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by sabrinadelrey

THIS STUFF IS AMAZING!!!! it mattifies even the metallic nail polishes!! I bought for 2 dollars at Target and tried it out today!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by kjc5248

This stuff is great. Not only is the matte mani effect cool, but it also doesn't dry streaky or with bubbles and lasts quite a few days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by payjark

This is the best mattifying top coat I've ever used. It doesn't dry streaky and it isn't too thick or too watery. Its awesome and I'm almost done with the bottle. I purchased at Target for arouns $2 so its a great deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For the small price of this product, it more than gets the job done. As a nail polish addict, I am always buying new top coats, new brands and my nails change two-three times a week. Since I prefer high gloss, I figured a cheaper matte top coat was a good idea.

The good: Low cost, brand is easy to find at Target, brush has good coverage, two coats was not bulky and smoothed out any ridges in my base color. In comparison to other matte top coats, I noticed little difference in performance and I can buy a few bottles of this for the cost of just one of those. It instantly changes colors I am not in love with, and makes them like new.

The bad: NYC polishes can get thick after 4-5 uses. Screw your cap on tightly! I had to reapply in a few spots (that could have been my own fault) but it's easy to spot where you need more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by kgymn

I had been wanting to get a matte top coat for a while but hadn't really looked too hard for one. My Seche Vite was getting thick and I had read some good reviews of another NYC top coat so I went to the store to see if I could either find the Seche Restore (which I doubted) or the NYC top coat/clear polish. I found this one and had to try it right away. Even though I hadn't read any reviews for it first,for the price it was worth it even if it resulted in a matte finish that didn't last as long.

Some background- I have always had a hard time keeping nail polish on. Even when I get my nails painted professionally they have always chipped within 24 hours. Once I found Seche Vite it was the only way I could keep my polish staying on a reasonable time, and so I've used that for the past couple years now, but have been wondering if I could find something less expensive that I would like as much.

This matte top coat has been amazing for me. I have had my nails painted for a FULL week and have only today got a noticeable chip. I have 2 barely noticeable chips at the corners of the tips of my thumb nails, that are barely even worth mentioning, and the one chip I just got today. I'm amazed. Of course beinga week later the finish isn't quite matte anymore but it still looks good. I have to be more careful after painting my nails with this, as it doesn't dry quite as fast as I am used to, but for as long as this had lasted it is well worth it. I haven't tried any other matte top coats to compare it to, but at this price and result I'm not even going to bother.