Kate Somerville Quench Oil-Free Hydrating Face Serum

3.1

on 2/23/2015 12:59:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I was given a decent size sample of this product to try. I can be acne prone so I was happy it was oil free yet still had the anti-aging properties in it. When I decided to give it a try my face was very dry because of winter whereas it's typically combination. It is supposed to be hydrating and I will say that it did help to moisturize my skin but I did need to add a moisturizer on top. This could be because my face was unusually dry at this time. It didn't seem to break my skin out or dry it exaggerating my fine lines like some serums do so I may have purchased the full size product if it weren't for the price! This was a decent product but I'm not sure it's worth $75.

on 8/25/2013 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This is a very nice product. I've been using it for a couple of months. It makes my skin softer ...

I am an Industrial Biotechnology student so I go through a lot of stress and lack of sleep because I have to study sooooo much and stuff and when that happens the skin under my eyes starts to look tired and I get like lines sometimes and this products helps a lot.

It is a very well formulated product <3

on 11/26/2012 10:38:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like this but not $65 like this. This absorbs quickly and is ideal for wearing underneath makeup, but its not moisturizing enough on its own so I layer a moisturizer over it. If you have finicky skin it might be worth the price tag, since its water-based. I like that it contains hyalyronic acid but so far this is just an expensive gel to me as I haven't noticed any of the wrinkle-reducing and collagen stimulating effects of this product.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a small, two try sample of this. I expected this to be the absolute best because of the steep price tag. This I found turned out to be good, but not the best. I used it at night and found it smoothed on nicely. This reminds me a little of a gel instead of a serum. It sank in quickly and I do admit my skin felt a little like silk. I only got two tries of this so I am unsure if it would help long term. I do hate the price tag though.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been using this as an occasional nighttime moisturizer for a few months now, and am very impressed. Perhaps not enough to purchase the full size (I've been using a .25 oz mini) but it's on my list should I feel flush and want to treat myself. It would be a lovely everyday moisturizer - heavy enough to really hydrate but lightweight at the same time.

I love the texture -- it sinks into my skin immediately and is incredibly hydrating. For this reason, I have to use a fairly large amount to cover my entire face & neck, but my skin seems to drink it up. I realize it's marketed as a serum, but another moisturizer on top of it is unnecessary.

on 3/30/2012 1:46:00 PM

After cleansing I applied the Quench serum and then my moisturizer. Meh. There was no noticeable difference. It definitely didn't moisturize my skin. So overall, it was disappointing for a product called "Quench." Application was smooth, however, and it blended well. It also didn't have a bad smell to it. The lack of moisturizing, however, would make me never buy this product again.

on 3/28/2012 6:23:00 PM

Have been using this daily for three months. I have combination skin and find it hard to find hydrating lotions that do not cause break outs. I liked the anti-aging ingredients in this product but noticed no improvement in my aging skin. Also, I did not find this an efffective moisturizer at all. Comes in a 1 oz. hygenic pump bottle for $90.