The Body Shop Body Shop Vitamin C Eye Reviver Duo

2.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have used three different eye creams by The Body Shop over the years; this one, Vitamin E eye cream, and Aloe Vera Eye Defense.

My comment for all of them is the same; Good only to use under make-up as a base, or if you have Normal/Combination skin type and need no care other than average moisturizing effect. Out of the three this one is slightly better for puffiness because the roll-on side gets cooler, especially if you keep it in the fridge. Other than that I have noticed zero difference in effect between the three creams. The downsides of this compared to the other two creams are because the cream side does not have a pump, you can't get all the cream outside, and the smell is not too pleasant because of the Vitamin C.

A lot of eye creams are really expensive and I don't want to use expensive products as a make-up base. I usually keep two eye creams at home, one for skin care, another as make-up base. I might still get this cream or another eye cream from The Body Shop for the latter purpose, why spend so much money for make-up base? If you are a teenager or in your early 20s and have no major dryness or dark circle problems, this product might very well be enough for you. When I was a teenager The Body Shop was my to-go brand with its price and I only needed a little moisture anyway. Well, I have purpleness on my undereye area since 12, but I have such fair and thin skin I don't expect any miracles for that.

My biggest complaint though, none of the Body Shop eye creams have any sunscreen in it. I would give three stars if it had sunscreen.

Unsure if it does anything. Still, I've been using this for five months now for the Vitamin C. I put on a little before I put on makeup and make it work a long way since I was warned that there would be tiny product in the tube. Doesn't break me out in that area at least

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

A cooling gel for lids and brows and a refreshing cream for under the eyes. Both products work together for a bright-eyed look.
Refreshes and revives.
Rollerball application helps reduce puffiness.
Leaves skin looking radiant.

IMO:
*Vit C, an antioxidant, works by speeding up the skin's natural repair systems and by directly inhibiting further damage.
*Doesn't state the percentage of Vit C. It's only effective at levels of 3% or greater. Need info.
*Cooling gel (more like liquid though, not gel) does refresh the eyes.
*Slight stinging sensation when applying the cream. I've no problem with that since I can tolerate it but others might not. I believe it's normal for vit c products to sting because of their acidity.
*Not effective when it comes to dark under eye problems on days when I lack sleep.
*No noticeable improvement seen for the past 2 months I've been using it. Maybe it's like other skincare products where you have to wait for 3-6 months to see positive results.
*Impressive packaging. Attractive and compact.
*Wand applicator is great for dabbing/spreading the cream.
*Rollerball glides smoothly as long as you shake it before using and it also dispenses just the right amount.

Note:
Will try other anti-aging eye creams for the meantime but I just might come back to this one in the future. Hopefully, I'll be patient enough to use it for 6 months by then.

I feel like I received the product more than half empty? I have used the product all of about 4 times and it already seems to be empty. Couldn't really say whether it works or not due to not being able to use it for enough time, but I'm guessing it doesn't judging from the other reviews!

I'm surprised it got low ratings on here. I guess it varies from person to person. I love it. Like any product, its not perfect but I have definitely seen it brighten my eye area a lot. Its not as dark and it looks more radiant. Only downside is that its pricey and its not a lot of product inside the tube but since I know it makes a big difference, I would definitely get it again.

I don't understand why no one likes this product!! I think it's amazing! It does a wonderful job of making my eyes less puffy and the applicator end makes the circles beneath my eyes look much less darker. I use this on days when I'm not wearing makeup to make my face look more awake and I think it does a brilliant job, the gel also had a lovely cooling effect on the eyes. It's one of my favourite products and although the effect doesn't last an awfully long time it is still a very good product in my opinion an I recommend it for daily use. It is a little pricey but I feel that it is worth it if you're willing to pay the money.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

useless, never buy this, what a waste. It cost about $26.95 in where I live. And it did nothing. Totally angry with the body shop

One word: Useless

The body shop was running a sale that with every item you got, an extra 10 percent would be taken off (1 item, 10 percent off, 2 items, 20 percent off, and so on, ending at 50 percent) so I thought it would be a perfect time to try an under eye product. I am victim to both bags and large unattractive veins under my eyes. Nothing can get rid of them, but under eye creams helo a little bit, and make putting concealer on a lot easier. The Vitamin C Eye Reviver Duo showed no change under my eyes, it did make putting my concealer on a little bit easier, but thats it. When applying the under eye reviver that is on side 2, with the wand, my skin started to burn. It is very painful. I've had this problem with body shop products before, but never this bad. I am not only using the roller to refresh around the eye before going back to an old under eye moisturizer. Maybe i'd notice a diffirence if I was able to use both steps of this product, but I can't stand the burning, so for me, this product was a waste of money

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This review is also for the DUO which contains the roller and cream. This product has done absolutely nothing for me. The roller ball feels nice on tired eyes, but that about it. It's also a shame one can't see how much product is left. For such a high price, i'd like to use every last bit (regardless of it's efficacy, since I did pay for it!). This product is nothing special.