July 30, 2014 | 1733 users online

Treatments (Eye) - The Body Shop - Body Shop Vitamin C Eye Reviver Duo

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2013 10:20:00 AM More reviews by JBM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

A cooling gel for lids and brows and a refreshing cream for under the eyes. Both products work together for a bright-eyed look.
Refreshes and revives.
Rollerball application helps reduce puffiness.
Leaves skin looking radiant.

IMO:
*Vit C, an antioxidant, works by speeding up the skin's natural repair systems and by directly inhibiting further damage.
*Doesn't state the percentage of Vit C. It's only effective at levels of 3% or greater. Need info.
*Cooling gel (more like liquid though, not gel) does refresh the eyes.
*Slight stinging sensation when applying the cream. I've no problem with that since I can tolerate it but others might not. I believe it's normal for vit c products to sting because of their acidity.
*Not effective when it comes to dark under eye problems on days when I lack sleep.
*No noticeable improvement seen for the past 2 months I've been using it. Maybe it's like other skincare products where you have to wait for 3-6 months to see positive results.
*Impressive packaging. Attractive and compact.
*Wand applicator is great for dabbing/spreading the cream.
*Rollerball glides smoothly as long as you shake it before using and it also dispenses just the right amount.

Note:
Will try other anti-aging eye creams for the meantime but I just might come back to this one in the future. Hopefully, I'll be patient enough to use it for 6 months by then.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by Nohinsara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I feel like I received the product more than half empty? I have used the product all of about 4 times and it already seems to be empty. Couldn't really say whether it works or not due to not being able to use it for enough time, but I'm guessing it doesn't judging from the other reviews!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Shormi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm surprised it got low ratings on here. I guess it varies from person to person. I love it. Like any product, its not perfect but I have definitely seen it brighten my eye area a lot. Its not as dark and it looks more radiant. Only downside is that its pricey and its not a lot of product inside the tube but since I know it makes a big difference, I would definitely get it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Eleanorwalker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I don't understand why no one likes this product!! I think it's amazing! It does a wonderful job of making my eyes less puffy and the applicator end makes the circles beneath my eyes look much less darker. I use this on days when I'm not wearing makeup to make my face look more awake and I think it does a brilliant job, the gel also had a lovely cooling effect on the eyes. It's one of my favourite products and although the effect doesn't last an awfully long time it is still a very good product in my opinion an I recommend it for daily use. It is a little pricey but I feel that it is worth it if you're willing to pay the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

useless, never buy this, what a waste. It cost about $26.95 in where I live. And it did nothing. Totally angry with the body shop

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by chaosktw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word: Useless

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by screamteam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The body shop was running a sale that with every item you got, an extra 10 percent would be taken off (1 item, 10 percent off, 2 items, 20 percent off, and so on, ending at 50 percent) so I thought it would be a perfect time to try an under eye product. I am victim to both bags and large unattractive veins under my eyes. Nothing can get rid of them, but under eye creams helo a little bit, and make putting concealer on a lot easier. The Vitamin C Eye Reviver Duo showed no change under my eyes, it did make putting my concealer on a little bit easier, but thats it. When applying the under eye reviver that is on side 2, with the wand, my skin started to burn. It is very painful. I've had this problem with body shop products before, but never this bad. I am not only using the roller to refresh around the eye before going back to an old under eye moisturizer. Maybe i'd notice a diffirence if I was able to use both steps of this product, but I can't stand the burning, so for me, this product was a waste of money

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by isolde72879

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This review is also for the DUO which contains the roller and cream. This product has done absolutely nothing for me. The roller ball feels nice on tired eyes, but that about it. It's also a shame one can't see how much product is left. For such a high price, i'd like to use every last bit (regardless of it's efficacy, since I did pay for it!). This product is nothing special.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by emmyjepson

i'm writing this review on the body shop eye reviver DUO. it's a double-ended "stick" with a rollerball and a small wand on the other end.

i bought this for 10. i don't suffer from bad dark circles or bags, but i thought i would give it a go, as there's nothing wrong with improving my under eyes even if they're not that bad, right?

first of all, i will put it bluntly: this product is ridiculously overpriced. i have owned it for just over a week now and the rollerball has already dried up. absolutely ridiculous. and i will cut to the chase: i won't be buying this product again. but let me explain, briefly as possible, what this product is actually like.

the packaging gives you instructions on what to do: apply the rollerball first under the eye and on the eyelid, and then use the other side with the cream, and apply it with the wand on the under eye. it's aimed for dull skin types and is said to be radiant.

to be honest with you, i really haven't noticed a difference on the brightness of my eyes, and if there is one, it's too small enough to be worth buying this.

it feels good to apply, just because you live in hope that it may make your eyes look very radiant and awake, but unfortunately, for me, at least, it just doesn't do that. at all. seriously.

wouldn't recommend this, unfortunately :(