July 25, 2014 | 1593 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Majolica Majorca Lash King Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

These babies caught my eye while I was in Taiwan and I am in love. The Lash King product is a fiber mascara with a traditional wand (as opposed to the comb wands of some of its sisters). Mine is an extremely pigmented black. The high gloss finish is not something you see often in American mascaras, not sure if I like it or not. Regardless, if you are like me and work really hard with your trusty Shu Uemura curler to get your lashes on point, this is the perfect accompaniment. Lash King provides great separation and beautiful length while holding a curl like nobody's business. It isn't super crunchy when dry and holds up in humidity. I took one star off because I wanted a bit more volume, but I am a demanding gal. I love using this on top of Maybelline the Falsies Flared. The fibers stack nicely onto the ends of the lashes creating a super sexy fake lash effect. Unlike many of the fiber mascaras out there, this one does not flake at all. It is somewhat buildable and again, I like it in conjunction with a volumizing mascara. Regarding removal, I did purchase the Majolica Majorca eye makeup remover because their mascaras are notoriously hard to remove. I did find that Lash King was removable with my usual EVOO, so I recommend oil-based removers if you can't get the MM remover (which is a rather small tube IMO). I paid around $11 USD for mine in Taiwan but I do see these on *Bay for a little more. Definitely less than Lancome, Dior, YSL, etc. If you seek serious curl hold and length, this is a wonderful item to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by danielleeheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite mascaras! Fiber mascara so it makes your lashes super long. It's best to do everything in one coat since more makes it look too clumpy for my eyelashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by lovedollygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this bcos the one I usually buy from Maybelline ran out.
After trying it for a couple of weeks, I'm not buying this again.

Someone also pointed out about the fibers bothering them. It really does! My eyes get even irritated bcos there are fibers left behind. The wand looks like a used wand like a tester type already even if mine was fairly new (2 weeks). Although this wasn't clumpy, but I it's not even.

This is also a bit expensive compared to Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by relativelystoic

One of the best mascaras i ever tried. I love how it holds the curl of my lashes and keep its shape the whole day. It does not smudge at all and will require a make up remover to fully take it off. However, the fibers bothered me a bit. There were times that it went in my eye and had difficulty removing it. Not the best experience, im tearing for almost 15 mins. But that will not stop me from buying this product :) i just hope they lessen the price. Its a bit pricey for a product that wil expire after 3 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by SabyLoh

I've heard fantastic things about Majorlica Majorca mascaras but have always been hesitant to buy any of them because of the price. But when i ran out of my Maybeline volume express mascara i decided to take the plunge. what the heck. why not?

Firstly, it's overpriced. And the fibers really bother me. they don't make my lashes voluminous at all cuz the fibers just stick out in really weird angles. they also keep getting into my eyes. Secondly, its not waterproof at all. just an hour later i have racoon eyes.

I'm really disappointed in this product and i will definitely never buy this product again. Compared to the Maybelline mascaras which are way cheaper, this is not worth your while.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by tianfang01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

very good mascara but in comparision to kiss me heroine make i definately prefer the latter.. kiss me mascara does much better with length, volume define and holding curl..but i do find that lash king gives a more fluttery effect which tends to look more natural .. however find that it tends to make my lashes droop a tiny bit straight after i apply and more throughout the day .using this brand's lash primer underneath willl help to keep the curl though

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by lady_vanilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

After reading a lot about Majolica mascaras, I decided to take a plunge and get their latest mascara and that's Lash King. When I first got this, I thought the mascara is a too on a too dry side for being waterproof but I like that it didn't make my lashes crunchy but this formula do not hold my curl at all so this is a fail for me.

It also smudges under my eyes as the day goes on but I like how easy it is to use to apply mascara on the lower lashes. I just have to make sure that I powder my undereyes and not use too much of the mascara.

Won't repurchase. Chances I will clean the wand after I'm done with the mascara and use the brush for my lower lash instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 9:27:00 AM More reviews by cjpramix

I got this masscara after my friend suggested it, and i love it! It lengthens my lashes, makes them appear thicker than they actually are. And it really doesn't smudge. I put it on in the morning, no touch ups, and no racoon eyes or smudges or flakes at all until nightime. :) Only thing is that it is difficult to remove. I guess that explains the no smudging. But i use my ever reliable polds cold cream, and it effectively removes the lash king. The packaging is so adorable! Will repurchase definitely. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by ChocolatexxCandy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

In the summer, I went to a drugstore in Hong Kong and there it was, standing there in the midst of what seems to be like a spotlight shining over this mascara (to put it dramatically). The packaging is the cutest thing ever I couldn't resist buying this! Anyways, I got the brown version of this mascara and in my opinion it works awesome for me and my teeny Asian lashes. I love the color and I don't regret choosing this over black (considering I already have lots of black mascaras). This lengthens my lashes and really volumizes. I've gotten compliments about the color of my lashes too. The only thing is the staying power wasn't great especially in places with humid weather such as HK. But it holds up pretty well back in Canada. I would definitely buy this again if I ever get the chance to. But since it hasn't ran out yet I'm in no rush.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:03:00 AM More reviews by chabelita17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my new favorite mascara. It does what it promises. there are two things that bug me about it though: 1, that putrid smell and 2, the fibers in it bother me a bit.

Update: I have learned to dislike this product. It is quite hard to work with, I always have to correct the mess with a spoolie. It also doesn't do a good job in coating my lashes towards the inner corners of my eyes. For 5 bucks more, you can buy a HE mascara or for 9 bucks less, you can a Maybelline one with a much better quality.