January 31, 2015 | 1377 users online

Mascara - Shiseido - Majolica Majorca Lash King Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2015 8:36:00 AM More reviews by iron_goddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

For some time now, my HG has been Maybelline The Falsies and I have been looking for an alternative that can match or beat it. Lash King comes close but no cigar. There are a few issues with it that pretty much makes it ineligible for my repurchase. But first, the pros.

The GOOD bits:
- It lengthens well. The fibers really do wonders for my lashes. They cling easily and look rather natural albeit with a few strays I easily pull.
- It stays put. So far, I have had no issues with flaking unless I absentmindedly rub my eyes which I do pretty often. You really do have to use a makeup remover for this.
- The packaging is awfully cute.

Onto the BAD bits:
- It has a foul solvent smell that can irritate your eyes and nostrils. I don't know about you guys but the Lash King they sell in my country reeks of noxious fumes. It's not expired. I checked. But I scare myself sometimes thinking my lashes would disintegrate and my ovaries would shrivel into prunes from using this too often.
- It has a weird wand that can make the formula clump upon application. The Lash King wand does not have bristles. It does not have a comb either. I can't explain it. It just looks like an odd little stump with a spool of cobweb. But it works--with diligent practice. Newbies be warned.
- It costs more than The Falsies. I bought mine on holiday sale but it's still more expensive than my HG mascara.

I could have given this four lippies but the smell is just freakin' lab-experiment-gone-toxic-wrong scary.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by SoraHime

Given the price and how it compared to other mascaras within price range, I would re purchase this product again as this is the only mascara that had minimal smudging even after sleeping with it on. I think it's due to its formula leaning on the drier side in comparison to most. I have oily lids and straight lashes (top and bottom lashes actually touch under eye skin) so almost all mascara don't hold up well. A major downfall though is that the fibres are an eye irritant and the formula didn't really provide much volume; it also did not help maintain the curl of the lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/28/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by EmmaJulia

I've had my fair share of searching hi and lo for a mascara that first and foremost would not smudge, not clumpy and will retain the curl. All these seem to be a tall order for most mascara's I've tried and I've tried a lot with varying price range as well. Am willing to pay a certain price as long as the product works the way I need it to.

I agree with other reviews that the fibres does irritate the eyes and that oil based make up remover is best for taking this off as well as it did not help retain curl but I would repurchase as this is the only mascara that gave minimal smudge. I would just need to be mindful in taking off fibres that end up on inner and outer corners of my lashes to minimize irritation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2014 11:04:00 AM More reviews by mybeautycravings

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Majolica Majorca Lash King Mascara promises great length and thickness. Did it live up to its claims? Absolutely. Itsí thread-like fiber gives amazingly-long and thick lashes. I really had wanted to love it, but unfortunately I donít.

What's Good?

What's Bad?
1. Messy Application
2. It Clumps
3. Sticky and Uncomfortable
4. Smudges Easily (but lightly)

Full review, before-after photos and price details at: http://bit.ly/lashking

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by silkpuppet

These babies caught my eye while I was in Taiwan and I am in love. The Lash King product is a fiber mascara with a traditional wand (as opposed to the comb wands of some of its sisters). Mine is an extremely pigmented black. The high gloss finish is not something you see often in American mascaras, not sure if I like it or not. Regardless, if you are like me and work really hard with your trusty Shu Uemura curler to get your lashes on point, this is the perfect accompaniment. Lash King provides great separation and beautiful length while holding a curl like nobody's business. It isn't super crunchy when dry and holds up in humidity. I took one star off because I wanted a bit more volume, but I am a demanding gal. I love using this on top of Maybelline the Falsies Flared. The fibers stack nicely onto the ends of the lashes creating a super sexy fake lash effect. Unlike many of the fiber mascaras out there, this one does not flake at all. It is somewhat buildable and again, I like it in conjunction with a volumizing mascara. Regarding removal, I did purchase the Majolica Majorca eye makeup remover because their mascaras are notoriously hard to remove. I did find that Lash King was removable with my usual EVOO, so I recommend oil-based removers if you can't get the MM remover (which is a rather small tube IMO). I paid around $11 USD for mine in Taiwan but I do see these on *Bay for a little more. Definitely less than Lancome, Dior, YSL, etc. If you seek serious curl hold and length, this is a wonderful item to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by danielleeheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite mascaras! Fiber mascara so it makes your lashes super long. It's best to do everything in one coat since more makes it look too clumpy for my eyelashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by lovedollygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this bcos the one I usually buy from Maybelline ran out.
After trying it for a couple of weeks, I'm not buying this again.

Someone also pointed out about the fibers bothering them. It really does! My eyes get even irritated bcos there are fibers left behind. The wand looks like a used wand like a tester type already even if mine was fairly new (2 weeks). Although this wasn't clumpy, but I it's not even.

This is also a bit expensive compared to Maybelline.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by relativelystoic

One of the best mascaras i ever tried. I love how it holds the curl of my lashes and keep its shape the whole day. It does not smudge at all and will require a make up remover to fully take it off. However, the fibers bothered me a bit. There were times that it went in my eye and had difficulty removing it. Not the best experience, im tearing for almost 15 mins. But that will not stop me from buying this product :) i just hope they lessen the price. Its a bit pricey for a product that wil expire after 3 months.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/25/2013 9:57:00 AM More reviews by SabyLoh

I've heard fantastic things about Majorlica Majorca mascaras but have always been hesitant to buy any of them because of the price. But when i ran out of my Maybeline volume express mascara i decided to take the plunge. what the heck. why not?

Firstly, it's overpriced. And the fibers really bother me. they don't make my lashes voluminous at all cuz the fibers just stick out in really weird angles. they also keep getting into my eyes. Secondly, its not waterproof at all. just an hour later i have racoon eyes.

I'm really disappointed in this product and i will definitely never buy this product again. Compared to the Maybelline mascaras which are way cheaper, this is not worth your while.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by tianfang01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

very good mascara but in comparision to kiss me heroine make i definately prefer the latter.. kiss me mascara does much better with length, volume define and holding curl..but i do find that lash king gives a more fluttery effect which tends to look more natural .. however find that it tends to make my lashes droop a tiny bit straight after i apply and more throughout the day .using this brand's lash primer underneath willl help to keep the curl though