October 26, 2014 | 1054 users online

Palettes - Christian Dior - 3-Couleurs Smoky Palette #481 Smoky Khaki

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 8:59:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I went to Sephora to explore brands I never paid much attention to and Dior happened to be one of them. What an awesome trio. Pricey but worth it imo as the pigmentation is just right for my skintone and the wear time isnt too shabby either. I have nothing like this in my current collection as far as colors go and I'm glad I made the purchase. I can go smoky or subdued....dependent on the level of intensity I give during application. The packaging is beautiful though I could do without the annoying applicators that are included.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Quilley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My goodness this is beautiful. It's really perfect! I'm NC40 as a reference and find that managing colors in pallets is sometimes confusing because not all shades necessarily go together. These do. They shades are very pigmented, apply very easily, are extremely compatible.

Dior blew it on the packaging, which to me makes absolutely no sense, lol. All they had to do was house the shadows in a regular pallet with a mirror. This pallet has a sliding mechanism that is a waste of plastic and gives a false impression that there is way more inside of the pallet than there actually is.

Because the colors are so beautiful, I would buy again. In the mean time I've got to figure out how to depot these without ruining them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a makeover at the Dior counter recently and the makeup artist recommended this 3 quad eyeshadow set for my Asian skin tone and features. These colours are definitely different from the other smoky/khaki shades I've tried over the years.
I love the shimmery gunmetal shade, especially when I blend it in the crease for a smoky look. I can layer the shades, depending on the look I want. Plus the pop up mirror is great! Dior knows how to make great eye shadows!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by darkmist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised this palette hasn't been reviewed yet on MUA. I bought mine nearly a month ago and it's my everyday go-to palette. There is a light medium gold (base), a cool khaki green (soft smoky), and a charcoal gunmetal with glitter particles (couture smoky). This trio is the smoothest and most pigmented of the new Dior trios I've tried. What I love about this palette is that it's so pigmented and true to colour (more vibrant with primer; still true to colour but softer without primer) and has a pearl/velvety finish. I was highly impressed with this trio (actually almost all of the trios) since they're much more pigmented than the usual Dior palettes (i.e. quints) I've tried which I found to be not very pigmented and more shimmer than colour. I haven't experienced any fallout aside from the glittery gunmetal colour which was minimal. All colours are silky smooth and very blendable.

This has a great colour palette and is very versatile - for a simple day look, I do a soft smoky eye with the gold and khaki and thin black cat eye liner. If I'm super lazy/in a rush, I just do a quick light wash of the khaki and add on an extra layer of khaki to deepen the crease. For a more darker or glamourous look, I'll do the gold/khaki smoky with the charcoal to darken the v-crease or do a khaki/charcoal smoky with the gold as a lower lashline and inner corner highlight. Though probably not dramatic enough for clubbing, this palette works for pretty much every other situation. Pricey at $49CDN pretax for 5.5g, I still highly recommend this and will repurchase because of the fabulous silky quality and great colour scheme.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No