April 18, 2014 | 1352 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Peter Thomas Roth - Eye Firm X

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Mimi65

This helps lessen the impact of my eye bags. That's all I wanted it for since I still don't have much in the way of wrinkles around my eyes.
As someone else mentioned, you have to use a very small amount of this product. Less is more!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by preview

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this stuff -- I have crazy big eye bags & this really makes a gigantic difference -- people are using way too much -- you just need a little bit -- if it is cracking or turns white -- HELLO -- YOU ARE USING WAY TOO MUCH! I don't even need a concealer
after using (yes, my bags are so puffy they create that very dark under eye circle!) --
would be very sad if they discontinued!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by mehays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is horrible! If I hadn't ordered it as part of a kit from QVC I would return it. It's too much trouble to mail back all of the products, and I like the other things just fine. It does tighten, you can actually feel it. But it looks horrible. I've tried it with everything. This is the worst I've ever rated anything.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by kathyfff

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a makeover at Sephora. This is one of the products she used on me. She wasn't even finished with the makeover, and it started cracking. I looked like a snake shedding its skin. She removed it and saved me a lot of money. It was THE worst product I have ever tried. If an expert failed at applying it, what hope did I have?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

I wanted to like this product after hearing so many great things about it. But the old saying is correct about something being too good to be true. This product dried weirdly and made the skin under my eyes feel firm and tight like a facial masque and just like a masque when you laugh or move your face around it cracks, this product did the same thing. When I used it under my make-up sooner or later the product cracked and would begin peeling taking all my make-up off in layers with it. I tried a few different techniques and they all ended with the same results, cracked and peeling make-up around my eyes. I am glad I saved the box and receipt because this purchase went right back to Ulta for a refund.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by lilfloridablondie

Like everyone else I'm looking for a little magical fountain of youth in a tube, if even for a temporary night out on the town. I've tried and tried and tried to work with this product. Very disappointed no matter, how little or much I use. It dries looking very glue-like and then when trying to work it in with concealer, powder, primer its an absolute disaster. Definitely not worth the money I paid for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by mgibbs

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think the complaints from people that don't like it are
using way too much. You only need a tiny bit and you have
to keep smoothing over the eye area. This is the only eye
cream that takes away my wrinkles......even though it's
temporary......it's amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've tried unsuccessfully to use PTR's Instant FIRMx for my face. My in-depth review explains my various attempts and how I now use the product as a mask to rejuvenate my skin. So why would I even bother with trying this product? I received a tube as gratis and I thought great, something I really don't want. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it. Actually, amazed. This time, I was armed and ready, knowing exactly what to do because of my previous unsuccessful attempts with the facial FIRMx.
Yes, you can't move your face for up to ten minutes. That's a given. Yes, it's going to dry and when it does dry, it will turn into a glaze that's similar to let's say...Krispy Kreme donuts. I already knew that. So I put my serum on first. Then I put my regular moisturizer on my face. Then I put my eye cream on. And then I put the PTR Eye FIRMx on. And as it dried, I dabbed some more eye cream into it, so it wouldn't flake. You have to adjust for yourself how much eye cream you will be using, just as you have to adjust how much of a layer of the FIRMx you are using. If you glop the FIRMx on, it will look terrible and flake off in bits and pieces. You really don't need much at all. Just a thin layer. You can feel it working. I do believe the key is to keep it moist as it's drying under your eyes and where your wrinkles, crow's feet, whatever issues that you want to deal with are. Whatever eye cream you do use needs to be a heavier eye one that is quite moisturizing. But don't glop the eye cream either. Just gently pat that on top as it's drying. After the ten minutes, you'll see and feel a difference under your eyes. If you've done this properly, you won't have the flaking, you won't have the glaze either under your eyes. But you will notice that the lines and wrinkles are diminished temporarily. It's effective and does take them away while you are wearing it. The FIRMx for the eyes is a definite go. It worked for me using these steps and I could see a difference.
This product was so easy to use I gave it a 4. Since you only have to use a tiny bit, again, 4 lippies. It's in a tube that allows you to determine how much to use, again another 4. So, yes, I'd buy this whenever it runs out. I'm guessing that's a long time in the future.
Key ingredients are:
Firm-A-Tite™ - A trio of instant skin tighteners that lift, firm and tighten the apperance of the skin
Eyeliss™1 - A trio of peptides that work together to help visibly diminish the look of under eye puffiness by helping to improve circulation in the eye area
Eye Regener® - Targets bags under the eyes by helping to visibly diminish excess fluids and helping to improve collagen
Argatensyl™ - Immediately smoothes and instantly tightens the appearance of skin
Vitamins C & E - Anti-oxidants that help fight free radical attack
and
Main Ingredients are:
WATER (AQUA), GLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM SILICATE, SODIUM MAGNESIUM FLUOROSILICATE, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SYMPHYTUM OFFICINALE LEAF EXTRACT, FOENICULUM VULGARE (FENNEL) SEED EXTRACT, MEDICAGO SATIVA (ALFALFA) SEED EXTRACT, ARGANIA SPINOSA KERNEL EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED LUPINE PROTEIN, PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7, DIPEPTIDE-2, PANTHENOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, PHOSPHOLIPIDS, CHONDRUS CRISPUS (CARRAGEENAN), HESPERIDIN METHYL CHALCONE, STEARETH-20, SODIUM COCOYL GLUTAMATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, BHT, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN.
Also cruelty-free.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

As a huge fan of PTR products, I had read about this Eye Firm X and figured it would be just as good as his others. Off I went to Sephora and purchased the last tube.
The packaging is fine, I like the tube and liked the way I had control over the amount of product. That was the best thing about this Eye Firm X. The instruction DOES state that you need to wipe the product off after it dries and that you need to stay still until the product sets.
I followed directions. I was left with a dried up mess that looked like a cross between the crust from pink-eye and dried up Elmer's glue (remember pouring Elmer's glue on your hand as a kid, letting it dry and then lifting it up like a piece of skin? Yes? Then you went to Catholic school). I have this sitting at home. I may use it as glue.
PTR. I love your products, I cannot live without your everyday moisterizer but this is a dud@

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2012 9:20:00 AM More reviews by cindymc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have applied this to clean skin for about a week now and no matter how little I use it just looks strange like I patted egg whites underneath my eyes. It did not work with any of my makeup either so I am returning this. Save your $$.