Peter Thomas Roth Eye Firm X

2.9

Water, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Silicate, Sodium Magnesium Fluorosilicate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Seed Extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Extract, Hydrolyzed Lupine Protein, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Dipeptide-2, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Phospholipids, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Steareth-20, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

on 3/18/2015 1:29:00 PM

I'm on my 4th or 5th tube and I hope I never run out. It's a great product once you figure out the best way to apply. I apply toner to my face first, then I use a small flat brush to tap on the areas below my eyes. Be sure to use a light touch. After 5 minutes, I put my Lancome Renergie daytime moisturizer all over my face (I've used Lancome for years ... I've tried others and keep going back to this one ... I'm 64 and no one believes me). I don't use a separate eye cream during the day. I put on my eye makeup while my moisturizer is doing its thing, and then I put my foundation on (Lancome Renergie) very lightly. I blend with a sponge before I put my lipstick and blush on and the end effect is great! Looks better about 10-15 minutes after you've done everything.

on 12/27/2014 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Does Help with Puffiness!

This came as part of the 24K Gold Lift Mask kit I purchased in November. I put out the $85.00 for the mask because of the many positive reviews I'd read, however, must admit I was not so impressed with the mask. I was however happy with the Eye Firmx that was included in the kit.

I tend to have puffy bags under my eyes so I am always looking for a quick fix and this does seem to do the trick. Like other reviewers mentioned you must only use a little product, otherwise when it dries a white film is visible. I found in trying to blot any white residue with a damp cloth as directed, that the effects of the product are then diminished. I've learned to just dab on a little of the product and tap it across the target area for best results.

Overall it is a good product and I will be repurchasing. Fortunately, at 52 years of age I do not have many wrinkles and little if any around my eye area, I've been blessed with good DNA I guess, but as I mentioned earlier the puffiness is a concern and PTR Eye Firmx does work as promised in relieving the swollen tissue under my eyes. Since I do not wear face makeup regularly I cannot comment on its appearance or performance when wearing under makeup though I would be tempted to say that it probably works best on its own.

on 5/17/2014 6:19:00 PM

The first time I used this product, I got lots of white filmy residue, which make it almost impossible to use.

As time went by, I learned to apply as little as possible and let it dry for a good 7 minutes or so, and remain as expressionless as possible. Don't apply this too far down the face, just a little in the inner corners is best. Apply a small dot and pat it dry with the tip of your finger. I also apply it to the small lines in the crows feet area of my face and forehead. Lines and wrinkles just disappear for a good 5 to 6 hours.

Many people have complained that you can't put foundation over it and that is true if you use the wrong one. I used to use Estee Lauder Double wear and that did NOT work at all. Then I tried Lancôme's Teint Idole 24 hour and it worked very well as long as I applied it sparingly under the eyes. In doing so, I used a soft natural sponge and just patted the under eye area with an extremely small amount of foundation, then smoothed it lightly with my fingers. Worked like a charm!

Another tip! If you see any white residue, try applying Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser over the white stuff. It just disappears.

on 4/29/2014 9:17:00 PM

I received a sample from Sephora and after reading the reviews, I did not have high hopes. I also used a teeny tiny amount. I nearly had tears of joy when I looked in the mirror after using this. I could barely see any wrinkles and the bags had disappeared. I haven't written a product review in years, but this was pretty amazing. You cannot use too much...if you think it's not enough, it's still too much!

on 2/2/2014 7:19:00 PM

This helps lessen the impact of my eye bags. That's all I wanted it for since I still don't have much in the way of wrinkles around my eyes.
As someone else mentioned, you have to use a very small amount of this product. Less is more!

on 1/27/2014 8:44:00 AM

Love, love, love this stuff -- I have crazy big eye bags & this really makes a gigantic difference -- people are using way too much -- you just need a little bit -- if it is cracking or turns white -- HELLO -- YOU ARE USING WAY TOO MUCH! I don't even need a concealer
after using (yes, my bags are so puffy they create that very dark under eye circle!) --
would be very sad if they discontinued!!!

on 11/5/2013 11:28:00 PM

This stuff is horrible! If I hadn't ordered it as part of a kit from QVC I would return it. It's too much trouble to mail back all of the products, and I like the other things just fine. It does tighten, you can actually feel it. But it looks horrible. I've tried it with everything. This is the worst I've ever rated anything.

on 6/27/2013 1:12:00 AM

I had a makeover at Sephora. This is one of the products she used on me. She wasn't even finished with the makeover, and it started cracking. I looked like a snake shedding its skin. She removed it and saved me a lot of money. It was THE worst product I have ever tried. If an expert failed at applying it, what hope did I have?

on 6/27/2013 12:21:00 AM

I wanted to like this product after hearing so many great things about it. But the old saying is correct about something being too good to be true. This product dried weirdly and made the skin under my eyes feel firm and tight like a facial masque and just like a masque when you laugh or move your face around it cracks, this product did the same thing. When I used it under my make-up sooner or later the product cracked and would begin peeling taking all my make-up off in layers with it. I tried a few different techniques and they all ended with the same results, cracked and peeling make-up around my eyes. I am glad I saved the box and receipt because this purchase went right back to Ulta for a refund.

Like everyone else I'm looking for a little magical fountain of youth in a tube, if even for a temporary night out on the town. I've tried and tried and tried to work with this product. Very disappointed no matter, how little or much I use. It dries looking very glue-like and then when trying to work it in with concealer, powder, primer its an absolute disaster. Definitely not worth the money I paid for it.