October 24, 2014 | 1052 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Concealer + Treatment Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Hi90girl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at Dollarama for $3! It was almay, so i picked it up. The concealer side smells kinda funny, but it really only lasts for 10 minutes or so. It was medium coverage and went on really smooth. The colour match was amazing! The treatment gel contains salicylic acid. You simply dab it on the spot and leave it alone. It worked to minimize and remove redness, but didn't really fully eliminate the problem. Overall, i liked this product and would repurchase

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by TheMaisha

smells horrendous, gel side does not open

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

After a long while of having bad luck with a plethora of Almay products, I was ecstatic when this concealer exceeded my expectations.
I decided to give this concealer a try when my trusty Revlon Photoready was running out. Initially, I was a huge skeptic of the blemish-fighting aspect of this product. My thoughts were that the product would have to compromise the quality of either the concealer or the treatment gel. Turns out, I was wrong.
My shade of concealer is 100 Light, and it matches my skin very well. Even though I'm tanned now, it still looks natural (which is kind of sad, since I'm still so light even in the summer). It's not a matte concealer, so it does require some powder if the desired finish is matte. It doesn't oxidize on my skin and it is very receptive to my foundations and powders, so it performs no matter what else I use on my face.
The consistency of this concealer is definitely on the thicker side, probably because it's a stick. It still applies very smoothly onto my face and you can definitely use a brush without any problems, but this seems like a product that would dry out relatively quickly if you left it open. So far, I haven't had any problems. It's a full-coverage concealer, and it doesn't cake or dry out on my face.
The staying power is formidable as well; it stayed on through summer heat and oily skin, which I love. It didn't need to be reapplied and it looked practically flawless even after 15 hours. Very impressed!
As for the treatment gel, it didn't disappoint. It feels very much like a generic acne gel and works like one, which isn't a bad thing at all. The gel was great for when I wanted to quell an angry blemish- it actually helped that blemish go down in only a few hours! I liked using it in the morning right before I did my makeup, and I think it helped to make a difference in improving my skin.
I'd call it a good value for a concealer; around $8 is the cost, which is not bad at all, considering what you're getting. There's enough product in the tube to last a long time- for the concealer, I mean. The treatment gel, if you use it daily like me, will only last you three weeks max. I highly recommend this concealer- it's a two-in-one product that doesn't disappoint.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by asmolkin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

ONe of the most amazing products. the texture of this is amazing and the quality as wella s the packaging is so high scale. I just love the feeling of this concealer on my face. It truly feels like a luxery product. And the treatment gel works well too! Although these two thigs are for completely different purposes. It is kind of cool yet weird they are put together in one, but I still get it - they wanted to get creative and the idea works.

Only thing is I wish packagind wasn't clear it is hard to see in your makeup bag. BUt big woop

Works amazing as a highlighter as well as a concealer that isn't too full coverage. it is beautiful...the kind of concealer that you could keep adding for desired coverage and it won't cake

I

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2014 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Doglover19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This concealer smells like SO BAD. The smell is so unbearable i didnt even use the product yet. Just the smell itself was enough to make me go return it without trying it on. And no its not a strong plasticky smell... It LITERALLY smells like a C*R*A*P.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by SophiaCutia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to keep this simple and short. I love this product, it looks so natural on the skin. The color ( Medium 300 ) matches my skin perfectly. Doesn't do much for treating acne though and I do not use the gel. It doesn't break me out. It's is a great everyday concealer. Purchased it twice.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Otterchilla

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not enjoy this product. Bad smelling, not very much coverage, and product running out quickly all contributed to my general dislike of the product. The stick concealer was oily, the treatment gel did nothing for my acne prone skin. It doesn't last that long either. Not a good pick, invest in Neutrogena or Covergirl instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by mummsy418

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i just bought this product today for 2 pimples on my nose due to my rosacea acting up
i will not purchase this product again due to the horrendous smell.. in a few words"it smells like crap{literally} it is going right back to the store for a refund... i did not even bother to put it on my nose..i tried it first on my hand & oh am i glad i did .. this concealor , no matter how good , is not touching my face... i am disappointed because the color matches my skin so well.. but also, i noticed that it is a bit thin..Almay, i am very dissapointed in you! why could you make it smell decent? . or no scent at alll would be have been acceptable..Almay.dont you have product testers??

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by PinkMargarita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow the concealer end of this product is great. Very comparable to Benefit Boi-ing (my HG) for half the price. Great coverage of both undereye circles and blemishes without looking cakey/heavy. I personally use the treatment gel completely seperate from the concealer and makeup in general. I find that if you layer it like the instructions reccomend skin ends up looking rather dry and the concealer noticable. The treatment gel did do a good job of clearing up several blemishes pretty quickly when used by itself.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by pockysodapop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pain in the butt to open. I was only able to try it after forcing the concealer and gel parts apart, because the gel part refused to twist without any grips on it. That said, it's all right. Helped calm some pretty angry pimples, but the concealer rubbed off fairly quickly. I prefer the older one where the medicine was in the actual concealing liquid.