October 31, 2014 | 1042 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Lip Moisturizing Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised this got such an average rating. I have very dry chapped lips and i hate lipbalms containing mineral oil or petrolatum. Decided to try this because, knowing the pot version from Nuxe has fantastic reviews but i just hated dipping my fingers into pot, so unsanitary...

This applies smoothly onto lips, its not glossy or shiny compared to ie. Fresh's lipbalms. It leaves the lips looking moisted without looking shiny. Very moisturizing, with natural ingredients and smells lightly citrus.

The packaging is made of very light plastic, does not look very appealing, but i don't mind because its so practical and good quality. I love the lipstick packaging because its so convenient to use.

Its also pretty affordable, to my surprise considering the quality.

Overall i really liked this and it really works.

Ingredients:
Octyldodecanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Olyethylene, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Hydrogenated Egetable Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Oryza Sativa Cera/Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Il Unsaponifiables, Hydroxystearic/Linolenic/Oleic Polyglycerides, Jojoba Esters, Tribehenin, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Safflower Oil/Palm Oil Aminopropanediol Esters, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Glyceryl Behenate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Hordeum Vulgare Cera/Spent Grain Wax, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Mel/Honey, Peg-8, Qua/Water, Citric Acid, Limonene, Citral, Linalool, Geraniol [N2007/A].

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by wdiarom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It smells nice. But for this price, it's not doing my lips any wonder. My lips go dry about 30 min after I put this on. I think I'll go back to my $2 Nivea chapstick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

Maybe I have just been cheated by drugstore lip balms but I really, really love this one. It applies smoothly and doesn't feel greasy and once it rubs off, it feels like its done something to my lips. The only thing I dislike is that the tip is shaped like that of a lipstick which I don't like for a lip balm- I was something I can just slather on.I will try out some other higher end lip balms and see the results I guess but so far I really enjoy this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 3:19:00 PM More reviews by jessmarie09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lip balm comes in a very classic twist up plastic container. Nothing really fancy or even pretty. It has a really pleasant scent - like natural citrus. It has a hard/firm texture and leaves a greasy residue on your lips. I did not find this lip balm moisturizing at all. It feels greasy going on, but gradually fades leaving your lips feeling thirsty and dry. I would not recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by Auberielle

I kinda have mixed feelings about this product. On one hand it smells and tastes awesome on your lips, also it has a very soft texture but on the other hand I have to say it doesnt moisturize that well at all and also I find my self re-applying the lipstick over and over again.
Not a bad product but not the best lipstick out there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 9:45:00 PM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I loved the jar version so I wanted to try this. Its cheaper but its not worth the few dollars you save. Its not hydrating at all, worse than any other lipbalm i own. It doesnt last on the lips either.
I regret buying this!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using Nuxe's Reve de Miel lip balm in the pot for many years, and was thrilled when they came out with a stick balm. Unfortunately, this is very disappointing. It's housed in a standard screw-up tube. The stick has a slanted tip, is scented like the original, and the texture is quite firm. It's difficult to get a sufficient amount on the lips without swiping it several times, and once it's on, the staying power is poor. It's not very moisturizing, either. I'm using it under the pot form at night, but I don't find it very useful otherwise. I would not repurchase.