July 29, 2014 | 1231 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by caartist

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Cetaphil should be sued for false advertising. Matte and oil controlling? In what dictionary and on what planet? This product is NOT matte at all. I have used products that have satin finish claims and go on more than this product. I am not expecting matte as in one full of silicone oil but this product is definitely has the typical sunscreen shiny finish. I also don't get what's oil controlling about this product, it didn't do anything to control oil but add more oil. This is a total fail in my book!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so I just tried out this product today, so I will update every now and then about my experience with it. My skin type is oily combination, mostly oily all the time but every now and then I can get a dry patch. This is a very light weight moisturizer with SPF and the ingredients are great for people with acne-prone skin! There aren't any ingrendiants that will per say "heal" acne but this product should not irritate acne at all. There is a small amount of zinc in this that possibly might contribute to reducing redness. I've been reading some reviews about how people are not getting that MATTE finish they want so let me tell you how you can, initially this product is looks a little shiny on the skin, but not greasy. What you do is let it sink it for a few minutes then take a tissue or toilet tissue and gently blot your whole face and you will be left with a softer matte finish. Do this with all your moisturizers and foundations, concealers etc. And I feel like you will like the product better. As far as oil control, I think it controls oil just a tad, but not a huge noticeable difference. Not like the Murad oil control matiffier that I was using before, but sadly had to return because it was breaking me out bad.:( But this product is far more easier to blend in and us cheaper and gentler on the skin. Over all this is a great option for acne-prone skin or combination to oily skin from what I can tell!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by estrella2421

too greasy!!! i think this is what is breaking me out!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by bazzo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A good everyday-wear sunscreen if you don't mind a little bit of oil. I'm not sure what "oil controlling" or "matte" properties there are since when I apply this in the morning, my face remains greasier than normal until I used oil-blotting sheets (I have oily combination skin and blotting lightly doesn't affect SPF protection). While this isn't that big of an issue for me, it's something to take into consideration if you wear make-up.

The packaging is nice and sturdy for travelling; the swivel-lock cap is really nice so you don't accidentally get sunscreen gunk all over your bag. For sun-heavy days, remember to reapply regularly since this isn't resistant like a physical sunscreen. The price is great for what you get - 120ml for 14$ on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart, and is ideal for anyone trying to start a more sunscreen-intensive regime without breaking your wallet.

It moisturizes well, but I'd recommend using a blotting sheet 15 minutes after application to take away the extra oil. I didn't notice any "oil control" capabilities as advertised, but I've had no problems with clogging of any sort. All-in-all, an easy and decent everyday sunscreen without the need of an additional moisturizer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by seaweed88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is decent. Most sunscreen moisturizers cause extreme breakouts on me. This one doesn't do that, but it does cause quite a few blackheads, which isn't exactly desirable. It's better than huge breakouts, though. So for now, until I find the holy grail of sunscreens, I'm sticking with this. It also leaves my skin a bit oily/shiny looking.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So I have used Cetaphil products in the past and I've typically had a great experience. This new Derma Control line came out and I figured I'd give it a try. I live in FL where it's in the 90s right now so this new moisturizer with SPF 30 sounded great and it also claims to control oil. I first applied it and it smells like straight sunscreen which doesn't bother me, I actually like that scent and it dries to an almost powdery finish. Not greasy or oily which I loved. Went about my day but I didn't feel like it did an amazing job at controlling my oil. I have oily/combination skin and I actually felt like my forehead was oilier than usual. At the end of the day I looked in the mirror and I had broken out in little red pimples on my cheeks and in really weird places like the tip of my nose, in my eyebrows and in the corner of my eyes lol. Something in this did not react well with my skin at all. I use their daily advance moisturizer WITHOUT the SPF for night time and i have no problem, that one is an HG product for me. Whatever Cetaphil uses for their SPF ruins their products. I have also tried another SPF moisturizer from them too and had a similar reaction. I now use an Aveeno Moisturizer with SPF for the day time and it hasn't broken me out. Real bummer because it has enough SPF for me living in such a hot place. This new derma control line is a bit disappointing to me. I'm gonna stick with the original products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 5:33:00 AM More reviews by cindymaree

This product is amazing! As a competitive swimmer of 12 years at state and national level, swim teacher and lifeguard with extremely sensitive skin can cause me many problems. I have quite pimple prone skin and get allergic reactions and burns from chlorine. Being in the pool for up to 20 hours per week tends to reap havoc on my skin varying from oily to dry severely burnt bright red and peeling. I have tried many products that just haven't worked. In real need for releif i went to my chemist for an oil free fragment free moisturiser that is good for sensitive skin (that wont burn my skin) and they recommend we try this product. I was pleasantly surprised with the sturdy pump that puts the perfect amount. On first application it felt light and not oily what so ever, i instantly noticed a difference, my skin no longer had an uncomfortable burning feeling and there was instant relief, the dry patches, burns and peeling were noticeably better within minutes and lasted all day. I carry this product in my handbag to take it where ever i go. I am very impressed and would get this product again

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have very oily skin. In flash photos, I always look like I have a compact mirror taped between my eyebrows. When my husband was told he would have to use a moisturizer with SPF because of a prescription medication, we found this moisturizer at Target and both decided to try it.

I really like this product! A pump dispenses the perfect amount and even swivels to lock in case you need to toss it in a bag for travel. The moisturizer has a great lightweight consistency, almost like a gel, and just sinks right into my skin and never pills when I layer other products over it. As for oil control, my forehead still shines in flash photos, but I definitely stay matte for more hours of the day than without it! The only reason I may not repurchase this when it runs out is that I just picked up a BB cream that claims to moisturize and am hoping to cut down the number of products I have to put on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was looking for a lightweight, oil-free moisturizer to wear as a primer under my makeup. I was using Aveeno Baby Daily Moisturizing Lotion, which I loved as a primer. But then I realized it contained oil. Since this lotion was fragrance free and formulated for sensitive skin, I assumed it was also oil free. But it's not. So that probably explains why it was causing even lightweight oil-free (ie water-based) foundations to look cakey and thick. It took me a few months to make the connection, but I finally did. So I was looking around Target to see what my options were. This Derma Control Moisturizer by Cetaphil immediately caught my eye. It seemed to be everything I was looking for. It's lightweight, oil-free and was developed by a dermatologist. It claimed to be made especially for very oil skin. My skin is extremely allergy-prone. But I've been using the Target brand of the Cetaphil Gentle Facial Cleanser with no problem, so I thought I'd give this a try. I have to admit, I was more than a little skeptical that it would live up to its claims. After all, I've had allergic reactions to things that claim to be for sensitive skin (Neutrogenia Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser for example, made my face feel like it was on fire) So I'm always a little wary of trying new products.

But I absolutely love this moisturizer. It is very lightweight, almost like a gel. It absorbs quickly and isn't at all greasy. It works amazing as a primer. It gives me a smooth base for my foundation. The thing I was most skeptical about was the oil control aspect. Most of the time, things that claim to control oil don't for me. My nose and cheeks are extremely oily. But this keeps my oil at bay all day and keeps my makeup on my face until I take it off. It is a little pricey at $14.99 at Target (I really wish there was a generic version) but I'll deal since I love this product so much. It hasn't given me any type of allergic reaction or irritation. So if I can use this, anyone can use it. You get 4 oz of product, and you only need a little bit. Two pumps is more than enough for my entire face. I also love the pump on this product. It's sturdy and it's easy to use. You turn it one way to open it and the opposite way to close it. I would definitely recommend this moisturizer to others, especially those with sensitive skin. It also works great as a primer, at least for me. Another great product from Cetaphil.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Leahdearr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do not like this at all. It made my skin more greasy. Even after I applied it, I could feel the greasiness on my fingers... Save your receipt and buy it from a place that accepts returns in case you don't like it.