Cetaphil Cetaphil Derma Control Oil Control Moisturizer SPF 30

3.0

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Octisalate (5%), Octocrylene (7%) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Silica, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sucrose Tristearate, Dimethiconol, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 61, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Panthenol, Triethanolamine, Allantoin, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Zinc Gluconate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine

on 5/10/2015 2:52:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This product is horrid! It got my skin extremely itchy and it was not mattifying whatsoever it made me look sooo greasy. Maybe its an allergic reaction but no other moisturizer has reacted the way this one has on my skin. It made my skin feel damaged more than anything. Stay away!

on 4/16/2015 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Poorly formulated SPF. Its not matte at all. And it caused small spots to appear and itchy skin. For something thats rather pricy, its a waste.

I recommend QV day cream for anyone who is incredibly breakout-prone!

I just love Cetaphil OS cleaner and moisturizing lotion. Now almost being 28 I thought I should start using SPF for safer measures and to prevent ageing etc... Anyways, since Cetaphil has always been great to me, thought I would grab this. I always have to make sure that I buy non-comedogenic and oil free products for my face... I checked but this wasn't labelled. Thought Pfffttt good brand should be good. I need my inner voice to be a lot damn louder. Tried it the next morning, smells and has the consistency/colour of sunscreen. At first it didn't make my skin oily at all, by noon my forehead could have been used for bobsledding. Sooooo greasy. And by evening I had these nodular lumps on my chin and cheeks starting that I don't get often anymore from being conscious about what I paste to my face. 14 dollars and a break out later and I will not use this ever again. Derm nothing this stuff is greazy in a bottle. You can wipe a slice of pizza on your face for that feeling for way less

on 3/15/2015 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I used this moisturizer daily for about a week but had to stop. It was too drying for my oily/acne prone skin and I ended up with dry patches here and there on my face. I reverted back to using my regular daily Olay moisturizer with SPF, which isn't a perfect product for oily skin but at least my skin doesn't end up with dry patches. Having said that though, I gave it to my younger sister who's skin is not as oily as mine and it worked fine for her. The smell of the product also wasn't overpowering or offensive, and the texture of the moisturizer was nice - not too thick and felt quite light on my face. Unfortunately in this instance, this just wasn't the right product for me.

on 3/12/2015 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Currently, this is the only SPF daytime lotion I've been using, so I can't really compare it to others, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm totally sold on it! I give it an "ok". It's a bit pricy but at least comes in a generous amount. The STINGING when it gets into your eyes (it will find a way...always does) is torturous. There has got to be a non torturous SPF daytime lotion, there's has to be LAWD. Moisturizing level is average and mild breakouts seem to be a threat when applied too thick. I dooo notice less oil production by the end of the day (I'm extremely oily lately these winter days) but that doesn't mean it's a "matte lotion". Ladies: a mattifying primer and loose powder if perfect matte skin is what you seek. I'll update my review when I find a better daytime SPF lotion, but for now this is OK.

on 3/10/2015 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

On the plus side, this moisturiser doesn't break me out and it leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft, but I've stopped using this on my face (now just using it for my neck and chest), as it
really stings if it gets into your eyes and mostly just 'sits' on my skin without sinking in (for example, it rained in the late evening after I'd applied this in the morning, and it still managed to run down into my eyes and irritate them!).

Overall, I've given this 3/5, as it's distinctly average.

on 3/7/2015 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily, acne-prone skin and I got this product in a small sample size for free so decided to try it. I liked that it was lightweight, non-greasy and spread over my face easily. However, after maybe 20-30 minutes my face was oily again, this product does not help control oil. The worst part is, by the end of the day I felt new blemishes emerging - I think this product clogged my pores and broke me out. It may be good for other skin types but not so much for acne-prone. I will not be purchasing this ever.

Pricy for what it is. I have combi-oily, break out prone skin. It does not control oil. Did not give a matte finish. No matter how I applied it, it always ran into my eyes within 2 hours. I tried applying not around my eyes, only on specific parts of my forehead--whatever. It eventually ran into my eyes, and yes, it burned. Its physical appearance is a white liquid that is sometimes clumpy. Pretty easy to spread. It clogs pores and causes breakouts for me around my chin. I'm done with trying it after 2 months use.

on 2/20/2015 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I first heard of this product a few weeks back when my GP gave me a sample bottle of it along with the cetaphil dermacontrol foaming face wash. I was starting Epiduo and I needed a face wash and moisturizer that would go well with the treatment. I gotta say I really like the combo. I've been using it for a bit over a month now and it hasn't broken me out or made my skin super dry. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive skin which has gotten extra sensitive since starting Epiduo (some products just burn my face...). I ended up buying the bigger versions of both the face wash and moisturizer.. so I'm giving a thumbs up!

on 2/17/2015 10:50:00 AM

This product is not good it does not help control oil and contains ingredient that causes clog pores.The main active sunscreen ingredients are chemical base which absorbs the suns uva-uvb rays and caused a chemical reaction when exposed to sun. Avobenzone has similar effect as oxybenzone is the worse it is able to absorb the full spectrum of UVA rays in to the first layer of the epidermis which is the first layer of skin. This can cause oxidative damage,even more breakouts, redness and dull/ dark patches. A sunscreen should reflect the suns rays to protect the skin. The only way is the use physical sunscreen zinc and titanium dioxide or just avoid the sun. The suns rays can cause the skin to become over dry dehydrated, wrinkled, weathered and aged. If the sun can turn a grape into a raisin within hours imagine what your skin would look like. Its not about the spf rating but the ingredient when look for a sunscreen physical ones are better if it's not combined with harsh chemicals or irritants.

Popular Moisturizers