April 19, 2014 | 1788 users online

Eyeliner - Yves Saint Laurent - Shocking Effet Faux Cils Eyeliner (Stylo/Pen)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by MizAkaeze

This is the best eyeliner I have ever used. I switched from my Clinique liner after almost 3 years just to try something new and I am grateful! The tip is excellent especially for unsteady hands applying wing lines. It is simple and effortless. It's staying power is unmatched and it's neither too matte or shiny. Will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by MissNostalgia

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I love this.
I LOVE this.
If this were a person I would make out with it.

Strong line, lasts all day without smearing or turning oily and weird.
Pigment is so strong and satisfying. It doesn't apply too light or too heavy.

My only complaint is I don't think the tube lasts as long as I'd like. I think they could have squeezed just a couple more weeks in there.

I've bought it once, I repurchased it when I ran out, and unless I find a tube of ground up unicorns and magical elf gold, I will gladly purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by guiltygreen

Typically a user of Asian cosmetic brands, I was skeptical of finding a brand that matched my skin and standards in a luxury department store in Germany. Well, I was wrong :)

YSL's "Shocking," application is so easy that it even beats most liquid eyeliner pens I use from Asian brands (TheFaceShop, Etude House, no name Japanese cosmetic brands). The brush tip is fairly flexible; it bends easily without much pressure. However, it's also firm enough that you don't have to be super careful when applying. It's definitely on par with South Korea's CLIO Professional's 'Kill Black.'

Like 'Kill Black,' this eyeliner is very black. With other brands, I typically apply 2-3 coats, but YSL's "Shocking" only needs 1 (at most, 2) by my standards. It doesn't take a long time to dry either. Give it 5-10 seconds. Despite drying quickly, this eyeliner remains smooth on the skin. It does not dry up or leave a "cakey" residue the way some do. It barely smudged, and did not dilute at all throughout the day. At this moment, today's coat has been on for 10 hours and the top lid looks as fresh as when I applied it. BUT the lower lid is showing some smudging.

In terms of weight, YSL's "Shocking" pen/stylo is very light. You can't "feel" the liquid moving in the pen, but it's there. I haven't had it long enough to test endurance/durability (lol), but hopefully, another poster has. Pricing is expensive (€33 = USD$44 = £28) in comparison to other liquid eyeliners, but if you're in an emergency at the duty free terminal (lol) this is a perfect substitute that is almost a guilty pleasure to splurge on.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by nikrou

Stays all day. Doesn't smudge. Loves it. Before this I had the wand which was so hard to use. Using the pen is a lot easier. Expensive, but lasts forever and the pen gives no evidence of drying out. 42 bucks is a lot for eyeliner but I imagine I will have this for a while. My other YSL eyeliner was only replaced because it was lost -- and I had that one for about a year and a half.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 7:55:00 AM More reviews by leen0810

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This was my first YSL product and i LOVE IT!
it's the best eyeliner ever. its so much better than maybelline crap i tried before.
MUST BUY.
I was surprised that the price was just like a usual MAC product....... not much of a difference man!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Hollytron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Breath of fresh air!! This stuff is PHENOMENAL! The color, first of all, is very, VERY rich, dark black. It dries to a satin finish, which I love. It's not too shiny (and crinkly looking like UD's waterproof eyeliners), and not too matte (like some others I've tried, from GA to Revlon). I am typically a fan of a brush style tip. I apply perfect wings in seconds (I'm so modest) for an instant cat eye, thickly lined or thin, dramatic or subtle. This felt tip is longer, comes to a perfect point, and is extra flexible and extra saturated with color. It's soooooo insanely easy to use. Really has improved every makeup look since I got it. I've used so many eyeliners, too many. This had better NEVER be discontinued. It's the best on the market, HANDS DOWN!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 11:40:00 AM More reviews by makeuptester60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i would definitely buy this eyeliner again. The shape of the nib on this "pen" type of eyeliner isnt too narrow or too bendy or too inflexible either. There are other pens on the market but i find them all too inflexible . This is the only one I got to work o.k. on older skin without dragging and wobbling! This has staying power unlike khol pencil which tends to smudge easily on my skin (though pencil may be better for the "just got out of bed" look this pen type of liner is better for a striking directional look....depends what you're after. I just wanted precise definition of the eye shape, which its perfect for.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by 40ozToFreedom

I ADORE this eyeliner! It is super duper DARK BLACK-OUT BLACK. It is not watery AT ALL, and it does not bleed AT ALL. The design of the pen makes it a breeze to make a perfect wing. I love everything about this, except the price ($32). One more negative is that it dries out on the faster side (about two months) But that is with daily use. It is sold out on sephora.com, but once it's back, I will re-purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't use that much make up, only mascara and eyeliner. But that is the two things I swear by!!! I feel so naked without them.

I've tried hundreds of eyeliners but this one is my favourite so far. I also use the Cream Eyeliner from YSL, which I like as well - this one is just easier to carry around and I always have it with me.

It's so easy to make an even line with this baby and it never lets me down!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2012 11:04:00 AM More reviews by jferrarese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been wearing this eyeliner for a week now and I'm very happy with it - I have yet to see how long the tube lasts and how quickly it dries out but will report back on that one (I've had it when a pen lasts over a year so let's see if I get lucky here).

Easy to control/hold pen style (think marker/stylo/etc.) liquid eyeliner that delivers an intense black line - thin if you are using a light touch and thicker if you go over it or press harder (although I wouldn't advise that). I've created wings with it as well...it's very easy to use, nearly mistake proof and really delivers a solid, straight line. Also has staying power - definitely has lasted 12 hours w/o smudging, running, or causing raccoon eyes.

I've used Kat von D Tattoo Eyeliner Pen (color: Trooper) in the past as well as Stila's Waterproof eyeliner pen version (Black) and this holds easily as well as Kat von D's. Haven't tried it in /with water but it doesn't sell itself as waterproof. Still, for daily wear, definitely has good staying power for me.

I would definitely repurchase. Overall, very happy with the product. The only test now will be the test of time (how long the product goes w/o drying out).