April 19, 2014 | 1748 users online

Styling Products - Ojon - Damage Reverse Instant Restorative Hair Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by bapsy

I agree with other reviews stating that this is the WORST hair serum ever. I had always been curious about the Ojon products, I've read good reviews and I wanted to give them a try so I bought the Volume Advance Kit that includes half an ounce of this serum (I wasted $40). I am glad I didn't buy the full size, this serum makes my hair look oily, like it hasn't been washed and it does not control frizz at all, as for restoring my hair I don't see much improvement either. I tried different amounts in so many different ways, a tiny bit on damp hair, towel dried hair, dry hair etc, it doesn't matter how much product I use the result is the same. I've always had thick frizzy hair so I've tried many products but keep coming back to John Frida which is 1/5 of the price of this stupid product. I have to admit I like the packaging though, the bottle with the drop dispenser is kind of cool.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Moonchitaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the WORST hair serums I have ever used in my life. Ive always been a bit skeptical of Ojon and have always found their products to have an unnecessarily overpowering smell. However, I saw a travel size of this in Boots and was curious so I thought I'd try it. My hair is fine but abundant, oily at the roots with a tendency towards dryness at the ends. Ive used many oil based hair serums before and have never had a problem with my hair being weighed down or looking greasy- e.g.. Kerastase elixir ultime is one of my favourites. I put a tiny bit of this serum on the ends of my hair after towel drying and then let my hair air dry. Once dry, my ends looked lank, ratty and as if I had smeared chip fat on them. I was honestly horrified. I have never known a serum to make my hair as disgustingly greasy as this one did. I can only imagine what would have happened if I had used it on my entire head. Angrily, I had to retreat to the shower and wash this crap out of my hair. Awful product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Missylou80

I got a mini bottle with my Sephora points a few months ago, and I am still not finished with it. It looks like I barely touched it. A little goes a long way!! I love how soft it makes my hair! I put a little before I blow dry and if I need it after I straighten my hair. Once I'm finished with the little bottle I'm most likely going to by a new one! Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 12:14:00 PM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is a miracle cure for dry, damaged hair. In fact, the whole line is amazing. With one use of this on damp hair it looked like I had never ever coloured or damaged my hair. You literally need 2 drops of this and it is enough so considering that i guess it is not overpriced. But in reality it is overpriced.
I will definitely repurchase though. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by mariaterzian

I love this product. It leaves my hair super soft and untangled. I use a few drops after showering and let it air dry. One of the few products that worked for me. Only bad thing is that sometimes I feel it makes my hair a bit only maybe I shoukd use less drops.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by nanaknickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a 0.5 oz bottle of this for free at Sephora. I love the smell and I liked the results I got from it. However, the price is a definite deterrent. I wouldn't buy it for it's price alone but I liked it overall. The smell reminded me of gingerbread cookies. Use sparingly to begin with because too much can weigh your hair down.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by creamycustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Believe me, I have tried every oil, serum, you name it on my hair to make it look healthy and not look like candlyfloss. I'm convinced that Ojon serum does the job for me. It's def more potent and moisturising than other high end oils and serums. I use it when I have washed and conditioned my hair, ready for blow drying. For the record, my hair is past shoulder length, thick, coarse, wiry, wavy and fuzzy - nightmare to blow dry sleek and straight. The first time I used this I used way too much (I thought this was impossible to do on my hair) and my hair looked very greasy. I didn't bother to wash it out and by the next day all the oils had sunk in to my hair and it actually looked sleek, shiny and very healthy, with a 'defined' look about it - my hair is usually so frizzy that all my low and highlights all seem to blend into one colour, but after using the oil, the colours were well defined.
If you've hair like mine, I would give it a go and even if you do use too much, leave it and see if it sinks into your hair. I've just used it for the third time, not using as much and my hair looks great and healthy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I find that this serum works very well. I apply only to my ends on a daily basis prior bedtime. Due to price would not purchase again as I get similar results with NOW: argan oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have really long really thick hair so some kind of hair oil is always in my beauty kit and I have used many many kinds of oil for hair and this one is one of the better ones. It doesn't have that thick silicone like texture is actually a bit thinner but my hair seems to absorb it well. the scent is not bad but isnt all that divine either. I like the dropper packaging which keeps the product sanitary. I found that I needed to use more than two drops for my entire hair (I just need this for the ends and then again, I do have a lot of hair). Overall pretty good product, a little pricy for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got a 15 ml. sample of this with Sephora points and all I can say is that I think I have finally found my HG hair serum/oil/treatment product. I've tried a LOT of similar type products to tame my coarse, thick hair and keep it as smooth as I like it (but which is not at all its natural state!). And, don't get me wrong - I still love and will continue to use (at least til I use them up, which should be maybe 10 years!) the products I already had - Moroccan Oil, L'Oreal Mythic Oil, Macadamia Oil, Aveda Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener...the list goes on and on). And although it is early days, I am really thinking that I prefer this product from Ojon over all the others. It just seems to work better, leaving my hair smoother than the other products when I let it dry naturally, prior to flat ironing it. If these improved results continue, I will most definitely purchase the full size of this serum.

UPDATE: April 2013 I still have the teeny tiny bottle I got from Sephora and it's still almost full. I have such thick, plentiful hair that I never use the "recommended" amount of most products of this type - I always use more Moroccan Oil than the instruction call for; ditto my Mythic Oil, etc. So I'm amazed that such a minute amount of this serum (okay, so I sometimes use 3 drops instead of 2) can actually achieve the results I get. I imagine this wee bottle will keep me going for another 3 to 6 months (seriously...how insane is that?) at which time, I will run (not walk) to Sephora to get the full sized bottles (which I think is under $40 CDN, which to my way of thinking is not all that costly), which should probably last me for the rest of my life!