November 27, 2014 | 1397 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by decoydream

I actually really like this primer. Smooth application, no offensive smell, no feeling of the dreaded tackiness and no visible colour on the skin. It does a pretty good job at covering the pores on my cheeks but not quite enough for my nose. I find that my makeup looks a lot better with this on and i don't feel the need to blot until about 5-6 hours into the summer day where i am extraordinarily oily. Will continue to purchase this until i find something better but this sets a pretty high standard - good job Revlon! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

It smells nice and has a smooth application. It doesn't help my makeup to stay on all day though but for the short while it lasts, I notice it helps cover my blemishes/redness and offers a soft base for my foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2014 7:31:00 PM More reviews by TickTockAlice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For a drugstore primer, this primer is pretty great at delivering on what it promises, however, that doesn't mean it doesn't have its problems. I'm a big fan of Revlon's PhotoReady line in general. I've been using the liquid foundation, concealer, translucent powder and cream blush's since they launched and have repurchased consistently. So when I ran out of my Hourglass mineral veil primer I decided to try this one out because it's a line I already use and like and the price point was much more doable for me at the moment. I purchased this from Amazon for about $10 which is pretty comparable to what I've seen it priced at in stores. It comes in the same size pump bottle that the foundation does, so you're getting your money's worth of product. The primer itself is almost gel cream hybrid that is real lightweight and smooths into the skin easily and drys to a semi matte powder like finish. It does a great job of blurring larger pores and fine lines without the heavy and greasy feeling that most silicone primers leave behind. This reason alone makes it a great choice for anyone that has oily or combo skin, such as myself. Because this primer has a dryer finish it's important to note that if you have any dryness or flakey patches, this primer will call attention to them especially once your foundation or concealer is applied. Making sure your skin is exfoliated and fully moisturized before use will ensure a much better experience when using this primer. This primer works really well with all the products in this line but also works well with any other liquid foundation. I'd say it works better with liquid just because liquid tends to be more moisturizing on the skin but it's also a great primer to use if you're only spot correcting because it does a good job of just evening out your skin tone even though it has no pigment to it. It doesn't have any glitter or shimmer, yet it creates an illusion of a brighter complexion. I haven't had any problems with this primer breaking me out and I have pretty sensitive skin that's prone to breakouts. This primer prolongs my makeup wear greatly and I find that touch ups have been greatly decreased since using.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by nlidyoff

Ok so let's be honest we all have different skin types so giving it one star rating is all on personal preference on everyone's skin type. I have fair skin and this primer never made me break out. I use this as my work primer since its not as costly as the prestige brands. This has been working for me and have been quite happy with it! Personally I'm not. Fan of the silicon tecture and this is a primer that doesn't have that feel (another reason why I keep buying it) not a bad price. I say give it a try! I have learned by researching primers that there is never a "5 star perfect primer" with everyone's different skin types and personsal preferences. this has been a great primer for me and glad to find s good drug store primer that doesn't put a whole in the wallet!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 1:22:00 AM More reviews by shree6

This is one of the best purchases for skin care/make up that I ever made. I have a super oily t-zone especially my nose and this product controls oil for 3-4 hours which is just amazing for me because I know keeping oil at bay even for 1 or 2 hours on my nose is quite a task. I would recommend this product for people with oily skin. It mattifies skin like magic. N the price is not so high given the quality of the product and its on par or even better performance compared to department store primers.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaSueBrown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

PROS / upon application, makes skin feel smooth and look pore less. Feels like lotion. CONS - it broke me out. Not severely, but enough to not reapply. It doesn't make your makeup last any longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by mpg123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this...but it broke me out HORRIBLY. It gave me blackheads and whiteheads everywhere. And, it smells sooooool BAD OMG I plugged my nose when I put this on. I will say I LOVED the way it made my skin look, but for about
$13 and the fact that it broke me out I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie91

WARNING!!! Beware girls this primer is horrible! My makeup ending up having dry patches and would be streaky. My makeup looked like it slid right off! The primer made my face feel like I had a layer of oil on top of it. Felt really heavy and I only used a pea size of the product. Not worth it ladies I promise.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Dirtyfuckheads

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This primer is the first brand I try but it makes my make up stay all day long, all day literally. This primer with the combination of the revlon 24 hour stay foundation is by far the best products I have used on my face. People always ask what expensive foundation I use. The packaging I don't like the cap comes off, and the price is a little to high but it's defiantly a good investment.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by keiixo

It makes the skin smooth but when I applied liquid or mineral make-up it would look really bad. The make-up doesn't sit on this primer and can't be blend out at all. I have been using this product for less than a year and I wouldn't buy it again.