2.8

on 8/24/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'm also relatively new to Birchbox and am really enjoying the service! It's a great way to discover products that you might not otherwise ever know about. I love looking forward to and receiving my new box each month. I find the price to be reasonable for what you receive and like that there are opportunities to rack up points for product discounts. I think this service is very much worth it, especially for Beauty Junkies, which is what I am! (What I *don't* like are the reviews here containing people's personal links so that they can get Birchbox perks by having people sign up under them, ugh. I knew that was gonna happen!)

on 8/6/2015 9:14:00 AM

I love Birchbox and have watched its evolution over the last year and a half and am pleased with the direction in which it is going. I signed up for Birchbox after I was already subscribed to Ipsy and have other subscription boxes as well, so I have a good model for comparison.

I think Birchbox gives you the most bang for your buck in terms of per-box value. For only $10 a month, you receive products that range from drugstore products to more upscale products (some of which are luxe). The samples have a better variety of products than Ipsy, which deals primarily with makeup and hair products, but Birchbox runs the whole gamut from skincare to haircaire the lifestyle accessories.

Additionally, this year they have started to send out the cardboard boxes in different designs, which is fun and exciting and gives you a great place to store your makeup, etc. With each review, you earn points and those points may be redeemed for money to spend in the shop. Each time you spend money in their shop, you also earn points, which is where the never-ending cycle of shopping in Birchbox begins.

I find that overall, I find a favorite product in each box (usually only one though), but considering the point perks, it makes it worth it for me to continue to subscribe to the box. They also offer great curated sets on the website for a mere portion of what what the value of the box would be. If you are interested in sampling from a variety of items and not just makeup and hair, this is the most economical box to subscribe to.

on 8/4/2015 7:49:00 PM

I just started receiving birchbox and so far I love it. The products are usually high quality and to be honest, it's nice getting a surprise in the mail every month! There are obviously some products that I would never use such as a hideous shade of lipstick that makes me look like a psychopathic clown, but it introduces you to new brands which is nice. Plus, you can't beat the price for a little surprise to look forward to every month. Their rewards program is great and you earn points just by reviewing their products. If you are thinking of joining please consider using my referral link. I would gladly appreciate it and it would send good karma your way! And hey, if you want to look like a psychopathic clown.....no judgement here.

on 7/25/2015 10:06:00 AM

I recently joined Birchbox and absolutely LOVE it! Got my first box in the mail and I must say I really Iike the products (Macadamia Professional oil spray, Stila lip gloss, Benefit mascara, Supergoop facial sunblock, and a Dr. Brandt blackhead mask). If you're a beauty junkie like me or even a newbie, it is definitely worth your $10 a month (women's box, men's $20 a month), free shipping too!! It's fun sampling the different types of products! They send you five free beauty samples (some in deluxe sizes) monthly in a really cute reusable box. You can cancel anytime, no commitments! I look forward to trying out new products, and they're well known name brands. If you're interested in joining, here is my referral link.😀

I joined Birchbox 3 months ago and I love it! For $10/month it is definitely worth it. For anyone on the fence about trying it out, I highly recommend giving it a shot. If anyone is interested in getting their first month free here is a referral link https://www.birchbox.com/invite/jj3dz
Thanks! ;-)
P.S. You can cancel at anytime so why not try it out for a month FREE?

on 5/15/2015 4:58:00 PM

Birchbox has been really good for me throughout the year. I enjoyed the samples of perfume and skin care products. I didn't get much of makeup which could be downside for others, but for me it was perfect. I also really like how they are packaging each month's product using cute little box that I can use it later. Especially April 2015's rifle paper company box was so beautiful. I am also subscribing Ipsy, compared to Ipsy, Birchbox was more satisfying due to quality of the samples and I discovered quite a lot of new brands through Birchbox.

on 5/9/2015 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to love Birchbox, but I'm too scent sensitive, and it just seemed as though a lot of the products, while cool and useful at times, were just too heavily perfumed for my nose. The sizes were so-so, delivery was great, array was great, but I found myself shipping in a yellow envelope a lot of my samples to my best friend across the country. I'm just not the target market for this type of beauty service.

on 3/28/2015 5:03:00 PM

I got a gift subscription to Birchbox, which was nice. They send you five samples each month. I figured that's $2/sample. Some samples are bigger than others. The first month is an introductory box. These are some of their most popular items. Once you've been notified of your subscription, you take an online survey, and they send you samples based on that. I thought it was a good way to try new products. Not all of the samples were what I would have chosen (dry hair shampoo and perfume). One came with the cap off. ?? At the end of the first month, I got an email where you could preview next months box. Later on in the month, you were able to select something you liked from the preview. Sometimes it's even a special box. However, you have to be quick because they go fast.

Items shipped via USPS have taken 10-15 business days to receive them. Or, it could be more, if the weather is bad or if USPS has temporarily lost the package. I have had the shipping status say that it's arrived at my post office, and it's out for delivery. Nope, I might not get it for another 3-4 days. (This is definitely not priority shipping). Also, they haven't always sent an email when a package has shipped. I got one box out of the blue. Another time they sent and e-mail saying that the item was about to ship, but then no tracking number followed. I figured it had shipped because they charged my credit card. I had to call them to find out the status. Items sent UPS arrive quickly. I have always gotten free shipping. So I don't know how they decide which carrier to use.

Really, I could order products from Korea, and get them here in about the same time.

It's true that you do build up points, and can get products at a lesser price. And, if you don't care how long it takes a package gets to you, it's a good thing. You may be lucky, and they'll ship it UPS.

on 3/26/2015 12:59:00 PM

I Love Birchbox! So glad I signed up for the year of samples! I wasn't sure if I would be happy with it after reading some of the reviews, but it has been great! I find that the sample sizes are very generous, no little foil packets of foundation or perfume cards. If there is a foil packet included, it doesn't count as one of the five samples in your monthly box, it's a little bonus item added in. Best of all, you accrue points to use towards full size purchases!!! I couldn't believe how easy it was to accrue enough points to purchase full size products: just review the samples you received in that month's box and you get points. After being a member for 2 months, I ended up having enough points to purchase a full size Benefit make up product for $4.00! Can't beat that!! The products sampled have been high quality. I could gush about this all day. If you love trying out beauty products and getting them on the cheap, this service is for you.

on 1/13/2015 9:35:00 PM

I was given a subscription to Birchbox by my daughter and have renewed it every year since. They've been pretty spot on with what they've sent me based on the profile I created. Hair care samples/curly hair, makeup galore (eye shadow, lip stick/gloss, foundation, bb cream, blush, mascara, etc.) nail polish, etc.

This month I got Essential Elements body lotion, Full Size Mirenesse Mattfinity Lip Rouge, 15 ml (trial size) Harvey Prince Shower Exfoliator Gel, Sample Sweet Science Invisible Daily Tint, 3.04 oz of Davines Shampoo (they call this a full size product), trial packet of Davines Conditioner and trial sample of Davines Absolute Beautifying potion. All for $10.00.

The products come in a sturdy little box that I use to store a variety of things.

If you're looking to try different types of beauty products and have an extra $10.00/month this is for you.

Popular Other Products