Birchbox

2.6

on 1/13/2015 9:35:00 PM

I was given a subscription to Birchbox by my daughter and have renewed it every year since. They've been pretty spot on with what they've sent me based on the profile I created. Hair care samples/curly hair, makeup galore (eye shadow, lip stick/gloss, foundation, bb cream, blush, mascara, etc.) nail polish, etc.

This month I got Essential Elements body lotion, Full Size Mirenesse Mattfinity Lip Rouge, 15 ml (trial size) Harvey Prince Shower Exfoliator Gel, Sample Sweet Science Invisible Daily Tint, 3.04 oz of Davines Shampoo (they call this a full size product), trial packet of Davines Conditioner and trial sample of Davines Absolute Beautifying potion. All for $10.00.

The products come in a sturdy little box that I use to store a variety of things.

If you're looking to try different types of beauty products and have an extra $10.00/month this is for you.

on 1/13/2015 8:44:00 PM

I love Birchbox! It is such a treat to look forward to each month. The products I get match the profile I filled out when joining. Some of which I would never know about, and some are my favorites. The packaging makes it feel like a mini Christmas! I had one issue with a hair oil leaking in my most recent box. When I called customer service, Cherise handled my call. She was extremely friendly, and is sending me a replacement box with no questions asked! I have recommended Birchbox to several friends and none have been disappointed!

on 1/4/2015 8:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The negative reviews here must be from people who don't actually wear/use make up or skincare products and understand "value". The fact of the matter is that other beauty boxes don't allow you to easily earn back your $10 by spending 15 minutes once per month reviewing the items you got in your box (including those little bonus foil packets) for 50-70 points, giving you 10 points for just receiving the box, and then 20 additional points for tweeting your box once per month and doing the same on FB. Literally spending 10 minutes per months earns you 100 (or more) points = $10 per month to spend in their store....which still earns you ...MORE POINTS.

How can anyone complain about free samples of mid to high-end products with an amazing points system that makes your subscription free each month AND allows you to just shop right there on the same website for the products you've tried (and liked) for a deep discount while adding to your points total?

Sephora and Ulta are AWFUL. I won't set foot in those places despite being a devout lover of hair color, hair cuts (I do my own regardless of difficulty), styling products, make up, and skin care since I was an Elementary student. Those places are rip offs and their products are overpriced.

I can get Benefit and Smashbox on Birchbox for half the price....why would I go to Sephora where uneducated sales associates show that they have zero knowledge in beauty and are just looking for commission? Or order their kits that are filled with fun packaging and no actual useful make up or beauty?

I have never gotten "tea" or sunscreen or any of the things described here. Because I actually filled out my profile and UNCHECKED those boxes for things I'm not interested in receiving.

I love the less heard of and especially the Organic brands they offer. This month I got nearly a full size of Davin Replumping Spray along with the foil packets of their matching shampoo and conditioner, a mini moisturizing liptint, a medium sized (maybe full?) nailpolish in a "flatters everyone" color red, an expensive French facial cream, and a spray-size sample of $100 perfume (I love the perfume samples).

And as long as I review those samples....I got it all for free and get to try-before-I-buy. How can anyone complain about that???

You can always try rip-offs like Glossy who overcharge you for products that you have to go find and pay full price for.....but that defeats the purpose of the beauty-box, my friends!

on 12/14/2014 10:35:00 PM

I went to BoxBirch.com and purchased my subscription. Was everything that I expected it to be. Very friendly customer service. I Love their products!!!

on 11/17/2014 1:49:00 PM

So I was really excited to try Birchbox. I finally was able to justify taking the $10 out of my account every month because there were no shipping fees or tax added to the price. Also, I have to travel frequently and figured I could use some sample size products to bring on my flights. BIG MISTAKE! I have received three boxes now and they have barely made an effort. The sample sizes are pathetic. The tubes look incredibly small already and they aren't even fully filled. They don't even give you enough product to decide if you like it. It seems that lotions and perfume are their specialty, probably because they are the cheapest to get. They have you fill out a beauty profile but definitely don't look at it. There are probably a number of set boxes for each month and they just send one at random to each subscriber. I understand the subscription is to try out new and apparently "high-end" products that we would be hesitant to purchase due to the price. However, as I stated before, they do not give you enough product or products you can even use. For some reason I am going to give December a shot. Maybe they will step it up for Christmas. Probably not.

on 11/6/2014 4:23:00 PM

Birchbox was a HUGE disappointment. After more than 3 mix ups with my delivery during the four months I had a subscription, Birchbox simply stopped responding to my emails. Each time a mix up occurred, the company promised to add points to my account, didn't, and then claimed I'd spent the points on items I never ordered. The company continued to charge my credit card even after confirming that I cancelled my subscription, and when I still had the subscription, sent boxes full of products I had opted out of. Essentially, Birchbox steals the monthly subscription fee from me and refuses to solve the problem. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE SERVICE. All of my friends who subscribed have also cancelled their subscriptions for similar reasons.

on 10/31/2014 1:04:00 PM

I LOVE this subscription! Not only can you get promo codes to help you get started... but you earn points that you can redeem in the store to get stuff for Way cheaper. I just got an order in the mail that I purchased... the total was 102$, I had a promo code for takeoff20 (20% off) plus I had 300 BB Points: I also was eligible for a free 35$ mystery sample pack (10$ for free) SO my total ended up being only 39.60! I got my order yesterday and it was so much fun! However I was missing an item... Contacted customer service and they are shipping me the time ASAP! Plus they added me some points for my trouble! I know a lot of people complain about the sample sizes... however they want you to TRY the product then if you like it buy it! I know one thing I a defiantly trying when we run out is the Oct. women's sample of Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle in full size when my generous sample runs out because it made my daughters hair *which is very thin and tangles easy* easy peezy to brush! They have amazing product! People should not expect a crap ton of full sized products... how will they make money if they give you full sized stuff for free!!!! They samples are generous enough for you to get a couple uses out of to see if you like it... If you find a product you love... Please Buy from Birchbox... they always have promo codes you can use and then there are the points that are just awesome! My opinion of this sub..... You Guys ROCK!

on 10/20/2014 12:50:00 PM

I HATE THIS SUBSCRIPTION!

It amazes me when I see people love this box because I feel like I have missed something.

I have several subscriptions and I definitely compare which ones I like and why. I HAD 4 to be exact: Julep, Ipsy, ELF, and Birchbox. I was told that maybe the first box is not that great so give it a chance...3 boxes later over it was not the word.

It gives the smallest samples sizes you can possibly imagine! When you go to look at the stuff you received it shows the full sized versions so people never know how small the product really is. I wrote that my main interest was my hair and makeup. For some reason Birchbox decided it was in my best interest to receive lotions...not one...not two...but 4. Really? I do not have dry skin and I do not like chemical lotions.

Additionally, they sent me the same product twice! Why would you send me an item each month that I already received, especially since its not that great. I reviewed every item I received but I was really disappointed in this subscription and am so happy i got rid of it. Really horrible. You can probably get 3-5 uses if your lucky out of the samples.

NOT WORTH IT!

on 10/13/2014 12:37:00 PM

Not only do I love my monthly birchbox but am in love with the customer service! They have addressed promptly the two issues I have had in a year with two separate products. They went above and beyond both times and stood behind their products with no questions asked! Friendly ordering and the point system is the best! If you are not a birchbox member you are missing out!

on 10/13/2014 10:30:00 AM

Add me to the list of former Birchbox subscribers who did not like it. First of all, it is not true that they will not send you things you opt out of. It happened to me numerous times--my profile said that I had curly hair that I ironed straight, yet they kept sending me products for wearing my hair curly. I could not get them on the phone so I sent them an email, which they ignored. I would watch their videos about what was in store for the coming month, and without fail, any time I was looking forward to a particular item, it was not in my box. The reviews on their site are difficult to navigate and watered down. If my review of a product was negative (which happened a lot), I never saw it on the site. They sent constant emails trying to get me to buy things that I either didn't like or didn't get enough of a sample of to know if I did. Bottom line is that I would rather spend the $10 on something that I picked out than to trust a stranger who didn't even look at my online profile.

Popular Other Products