August 20, 2014 | 1111 users online

Other - Birchbox

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by leyla625

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been getting Birchbox for about 1 1/2 years and really enjoy it. Each month I get a box with about 5 deluxe sized samples in it ranging from beauty, hair, lifestyle, or edible treats. Overall I like everything I get but some months are blah. Some samples last me a good month or so, mostly the makeup ones so that's a nice treat.
Thank you Gabby! Hopefully it won't happen next month.

I went to the SOHO store last Wed, August 14th with my sister & her daughter. It was my nieces 11th birthday and all the girls made her feel special, one girl did a mini makeover and another fishtailed her hair. We looked around and I treated her to a BYOB and v-neck shirt. Reena built the box with her and she was really wonderful. She also spent quite a bit of time with my sister showing her different products and making recommendations. She was super energetic, knowledgable and a real asset to Birchbox! The store is really chic and beautifully done. I love the natural wood and light airy feel. If you are a true BB fan you will love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Melissa610

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I started Birchbox on a whim, and because I can't afford to try all the wonderful new products on the market. My first box took forever to get to me, even though the company sent an email letting me know when it had shipped and when to expect it. I gave the post office extra time, but when it still didn't arrive, I contacted the company. They couldn't have been nicer. One of their reps got back to me right away, and they promptly sent out a replacement box. Wouldn't you know it, my original arrived the day after I contacted them. I wrote immediately to tell them and offered to return the extra box, but they said it was OK and to enjoy it. Even if they had not done that, I would be happy to stay with them. The samples they send are generous, and the service is above and beyond. I HIGHLY recommend Birchbox if you're interested in trying new products!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by PantsPie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure what is up with all the negative people and Birchbox. Birchbox has never once not delivered me a box. The samples are small because they are SAMPLES. If you like it after using it a couple of times, you go buy it. They quality of the products is amazing and it's things that you normally wouldn't have the option of trying. I think it is one of the best things I've ever done. I am in love with products, but I'm also tough on them. Do not listen to these people slandering Birchbox. It is really a fun thing to do for yourself.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by xblondiex126

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Birchbox is one of the best beauty subscription box services out there. It's only $10/a month and they give you samples of high quality products. Granted not every month can be perfect but once you fill out your beauty bio, samples get better. I've tried other beauty subscription boxes and birchbox beats the others by far. Birchbox actually sends out tracking info so you can track your box. I've had products missing or broken for one box and birchbox sends a new one right away which is great. I've also had issues with other companies sending me their box with someone else's name and my address. It's good to know that birchbox cares about their customers and are attentive. Thanks Birchbox!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by kmclallen

My daughter gave me a year subscription for christmas.. I actually like it a lot. It does have some dumb samples that I would never use, but I have found that I like more that I dont. Anti age creams that I would never buy I've tried a bought a couple, same as perfumes and eye shadows, lipbalms and bb creams. And it's fun to try new things. The sizes are good for traveling mostly, and they are usually very good quality, so I have some really expensive product when I travel. Some of the samples are so expensive that I would never buy but work great, I've kept a few of the empty containers in hopes that I would find a great deal on them or even get another sample if I get the chance. Not perfect, but it's cool the get the box in the mail and open it -- like a litte present every month.. (the good kind - lol)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2014 12:16:00 PM More reviews by ratched1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Was given a Birchbox subscription from a relative as a gift. Nothing could suck much more than Birchbox does. Today I opened the box and I thought I had a sample of Benefit eyeliner since the fold up was about Benefit liner. It was just a reminder you can buy a full size liner on Birchbox on a certain day. The latest BB was a sample of "foot wipes", some teeny sample size of perfume which didn't even have the brand name on it, MORE sunscreen. The majority of the samples have been sunscreen. Haven't received anything useful yet, and this is the last box in the subscription. Pfffft. So sorry one of my kids wasted their money on this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been a Birchbox subscriber for a long time, I've received almost 30 boxes in total. If you go into Birchbox expecting full-size items every month & to love everything they send, Birchbox isn't for you. With the 10 points for each review, a box is only $5.00 per month, at most. I've turned my nose up at a lot of samples only to try them & love them. I have received full-sized items before, that is no big deal. I can use my points to buy what I don't get a sample of. I had Ipsy too, but hated getting full sizes of things I didn't like & they'd go to waste. Birchbox is a SAMPLE box that sometimes includes full-sizes. I prefer it that way. I love trying new bath & body products, and perfumes, so I'm always happy when they send those. I like using the points system to make purchases, which is another reason I didn't care for the other sample programs--they don't sell the products they send. The only thing I don't like about Birchbox is that it takes a good 2 weeks to get a box unless they send it USPS. I do recommend it though, if you have no expectations of perfection & loving every single item. I think it is a lot of fun, and I trade what I don't use, so there is no waste. https://www.birchbox.com/invite/joinbbtoday

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by karenow

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My daughter gave me a 3 month subscription to Birchbox for Mother's day. Over a month went by and I received nothing. We both sent customer service emails about it. Today I received a cologne sample (the kind they hand out free in stores), and they called it my Welcome Box!!!! Don't get involved with them!!! Even though they list a phone number, you will get through to no one.

This is a lousy company.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by Hanouna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Do not subscribe to Birchbox, they have the worst customer service ever. They lost three of my boxes this month, I am still empty handed. Their customer service department is dismissive and rude, horrible with follow up and they do no research into issues.

When it came to the products themselves, I was normally happy although there were some boxes that were duds.

There are much better beauty subscription boxes out there, I highly recommend skipping Birchbox to save yourself the headache of dealing with them. If I could give them a rating of "zero", I would.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I hate to give bad reviews. BUT the truth is that the little containers in this aren't worth your ten bucks. Take your $120 once a year (I think it's "only" 100 if I sign up for an entire yr in advance!) & go get some actual products. This was a good idea, but it's just not well done. I am sure that they are probably taking in a lot of profits, also I do realize shipping things is astronomical, but I was very displeased as I was expecting more than those teeny tiny few bottles. Canceled after 3 mos. coz was really disappointed. I hear ipsy is better but I cannot comment.