October 1, 2014 | 1124 users online

Other - Birchbox

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by christiecatt

I love birchbox! Its like getting presents monthly in mail & I know I'll always like everything & have fun trying it! I even use some of my extras for emergency gifts for others! I recently place a huge order & forgot to click on adding my additional samples & they sent me some extras plus gave me a bunch of birchbox points for the disappointment! I also saved $50 off my order bc you get points just for reviewing the products in your monthly subscription! Birchbox has a life long subscriber in me! I love the adorable packaging too & find myself often reusing it for things around the house, gifts or mailing packages. They have excellent customer service & the monthly birchbox is a geat deal for only $10!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Shellbabyxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Birchbox is great, it essentially is a way for you to try new products and brands before buying the full sizes. I am a college student so I can not afford to buy the full size items when trying them, I like to sample them first, then if I like it buy it. Which is just what Birchbox does, and they have all of the samples available to be purchased, with free shipping most of the time, and tons of promo's, thank you gifts, and even earn points from your boxes and reviews of the items in your box to earn $ off of your future purchases. You get to make your own beauty profile so Birchbox knows exactly what to send, and what to leave out, and you can always change your beauty profile if you feel like you are getting to much of one thing. For $10 a month and free shipping it cant be beat!! There customer service is fabulous, they have so many vidoes to show you how to use the samples, new tips and style alerts, and even sample picks where you can pick one sample for your box, or have a custom box with all surprises, OR have a box made by a specific designer or special guest! I can ever see myself unscribing to birchbox it is amazing! Some of the samples are even deluxe sixe (use more than once) and some even full size! It is pretty fabulous, I gift there 3 month supscribtions for $30 to all my closet girl friends for wedding gifts, birthdays, Christmas, its a gift that keeps giving.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/18/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a disappointment Birchbox was. I had heard about it for years and finally decided to try it out and was looking forward to it, even with lackluster reviews. I was not impressed at all when I received the box and cancelled the next day. The brands felt very cheap and not exciting in the least. I filled out my profile online with all my preferences etc. When the box came, the box was the best part (very cute). I received some random mid sized bottle of oil (never heard of the brand, and it looked cheap), a silver eye liner pencil (the color was actually pretty) but I never colored or wear silver liner and had marked that I was more of a "classic makeup person" so silver eyeliner?? I got some cheap feeling pixi peach colored lip balm, and some 3 minute facial serum sample. All unknown brands, or cheap brands. I would have much rather applied my $10 towards a $20-25 makeup item at Sephora that I actually want and would use! If you think about it, $10 a month is $120 a year, which is 3-4 full size HIGH end items you would actually use and love daily rather than sit around in your drawer or trash. I would not recommend Birchbox at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

It's my first month with Birchbox, and it was much better than Ipsy, though I still love Ipsy. The thing is I got so much makeup, and Ipsy products is mostly makeup, which is fine, but I'm just getting too much. Some of Ipsy products are very cheap, though, which is also fine for the price.

However, Birchbox was all a little better, little more well made, better quality ingredients, and was a variety of things - not just makeup. This is good so that I have a few different things to try. All of them smelled really good, and I'm big on light-to-no fragrance. They also sent two boxes for the first month - a thank you for signing up.

I'm a huge fan so far. I feel like a young adult getting young adult items. Ipsy: I felt a little more a teenager getting teen things. I will probably do Ipsy again in the future, as soon as I use up some more makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/26/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by And29

Very bad experience with birchbox in Spain,they attire the people with the beauty blender and after they liť to you in your own face that you did not put a code.It s not the first time they don t care about to keep the client.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I started receiving this about 6 months ago and I am fairly pleased with the items and service. The items are always sample size and I have discovered a lot of brands through them now. They are worth the subscription mostly because of the points you accrue through reviews and buying the subscription. The points are very easily earned and you can use them on their site to buy anything.

It works out to such a huge discount, I find this box to be a great value in the end. For example, as of now I have enough points from reviews on their site and buying a box for $10 to get $40 off anything.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by dana

The negative reviews of Birchbox seem to mostly be from folks who aren't utilizing the feature on the site where you literally tell them what you like and don't like. I have subscribed for about four months now, and opted out of their lifestyle and nail options, so I have never gotten anything related to these categories. If you are getting 5 bottles of sunscreen, it's because you told them you like sunscreen. Simply go to your profile and uncheck the sun care box. Someone also wrote about these same kinds of items being available for "free" at a hotel. You know that such items are factored into the cost of your hotel room? So they aren't free at all? Especially if you were to rent a room at an establishment that would carry such nice brands, unless you were planning to just knock off the housekeepers product cart. And yes, we can get samples through Sephora, but it's really not the same thing. These samples would be the deluxe 100 point ones.

I love Birchbox as a way to try new stuff. I have gotten a mixture of full size and deluxe sample size items to try. In every box, there is at least one product that I love. I have found my new favorite shampoo, new favorite lip balm, new favorite facial scrub and new favorite body lotion all in my tenure with them. I have also learned that silver eyeliner can be fun as well as long lasting, and about new brands that are fabulous that I wouldn't otherwise know about.

For $10 a month, you can't go wrong. Typically, the box is valued at $16-$20 of products, not to mention free shipping and a credit of $5 for reviewing all the items in your box. If you like to try new things, you will love this.

*edited to add
I had an issue with two birchbox products. An item in my monthly box arrived shattered. I had also purchased a full-size lotion that had a non-working pump. I emailed Birchbox about both problems. Before I had even gotten a response, a brand new bottle of lotion was on its way to me ($22 bottle!) When CS responded, they refunded the cost of my entire monthly box the shattered item had come in, as well as gave me store credit for the hassle. Their CS is truly amazing. I buy almost exclusively through them now.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by CuteMcGinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Coming home to a bright pink box at my doorstep always makes my day a little brighter. I have been a Birchbox subscriber for over two years now and I have always been very pleased with my subsrition boxes, product orders, customer service, and all the fabulous extras Birchbox puts out there for all of us beauty addicts.

Need a fun Friday night cat eye, brunch bun, or on trend advice on nails? Their website is full of beauty and fashion tips with blogs and videos (the videos are some of my favorite.) Did you get a bold option in your birchbox and youíre not sure how to use it? Odds are, you can probably find a tip for it on their website.

Every month I receive approximately 5 sample products. Sometime I get more but I donít think I have ever received less than 5 products. Mostly the samples are small in size, some are deluxe, and occasionally you get a full size. For the price of the box, it is definitely a good value. It is a great way to discover luxury brands and try before you buy. I have met many of my beauty soul mate products through Birchbox.

Speaking of buying, if you are going to buy be sure to head over to www.Birchbox.com to do so, because their reward system is hard to beat. 100 points = $10 to spend on whatever you want in the Birchbox store. Not only do you get 1 point for every dollar you spend, you also get points for reviewing the products you receive in your box monthly.

Birchbox has shown me amazing products that I would have never have known about especially living in a small town. Not only have the samples I have received in my Birchbox helped me discover great brands, the Birchbox blogs and videos are some of my favorites! Now, Iím not saying that I fall in love with every product I try but Iíve certainly never tried any I hated and I have definitely found some beauty soul mates through Birchbox.

I also love Birchboxís customer service. One month my box was late and before I even noticed Birchbox had zipped me an email explaining and offering bonus points! Last month I received a product that did not match my beauty profile and, again, before I had noticed Birchbox had an email out explaining it wasnít the best product for me and they would send out a more appropriate product right away. I was definitely impressed. And guess what? I passed on the product to a friend who fit the description of the product a little better (future Birchbox addict maybe?)

It seems that Birchbox really values their customers and I like this. I make it a point to order every item from my beauty routine through Birchbox (if possible) because it is, hands down, the best customer service and the points system is honestly the best that Iíve found. I like that I feel rewarded for spending my hard earned money somewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by leyla625

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been getting Birchbox for about 1 1/2 years and really enjoy it. Each month I get a box with about 5 deluxe sized samples in it ranging from beauty, hair, lifestyle, or edible treats. Overall I like everything I get but some months are blah. Some samples last me a good month or so, mostly the makeup ones so that's a nice treat.
Thank you Gabby! Hopefully it won't happen next month.

I went to the SOHO store last Wed, August 14th with my sister & her daughter. It was my nieces 11th birthday and all the girls made her feel special, one girl did a mini makeover and another fishtailed her hair. We looked around and I treated her to a BYOB and v-neck shirt. Reena built the box with her and she was really wonderful. She also spent quite a bit of time with my sister showing her different products and making recommendations. She was super energetic, knowledgable and a real asset to Birchbox! The store is really chic and beautifully done. I love the natural wood and light airy feel. If you are a true BB fan you will love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Melissa610

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I started Birchbox on a whim, and because I can't afford to try all the wonderful new products on the market. My first box took forever to get to me, even though the company sent an email letting me know when it had shipped and when to expect it. I gave the post office extra time, but when it still didn't arrive, I contacted the company. They couldn't have been nicer. One of their reps got back to me right away, and they promptly sent out a replacement box. Wouldn't you know it, my original arrived the day after I contacted them. I wrote immediately to tell them and offered to return the extra box, but they said it was OK and to enjoy it. Even if they had not done that, I would be happy to stay with them. The samples they send are generous, and the service is above and beyond. I HIGHLY recommend Birchbox if you're interested in trying new products!