2.7

on 7/25/2015 10:06:00 AM

I recently joined Birchbox and absolutely LOVE it! Got my first box in the mail and I must say I really Iike the products (Macadamia Professional oil spray, Stila lip gloss, Benefit mascara, Supergoop facial sunblock, and a Dr. Brandt blackhead mask). If you're a beauty junkie like me or even a newbie, it is definitely worth your $10 a month (women's box, men's $20 a month), free shipping too!! It's fun sampling the different types of products! They send you five free beauty samples (some in deluxe sizes) monthly in a really cute reusable box. You can cancel anytime, no commitments! I look forward to trying out new products, and they're well known name brands. If you're interested in joining, here is my referral link.😀

I joined Birchbox 3 months ago and I love it! For $10/month it is definitely worth it. For anyone on the fence about trying it out, I highly recommend giving it a shot. If anyone is interested in getting their first month free here is a referral link https://www.birchbox.com/invite/jj3dz
Thanks! ;-)
P.S. You can cancel at anytime so why not try it out for a month FREE?

on 5/15/2015 4:58:00 PM

Birchbox has been really good for me throughout the year. I enjoyed the samples of perfume and skin care products. I didn't get much of makeup which could be downside for others, but for me it was perfect. I also really like how they are packaging each month's product using cute little box that I can use it later. Especially April 2015's rifle paper company box was so beautiful. I am also subscribing Ipsy, compared to Ipsy, Birchbox was more satisfying due to quality of the samples and I discovered quite a lot of new brands through Birchbox.

on 5/9/2015 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to love Birchbox, but I'm too scent sensitive, and it just seemed as though a lot of the products, while cool and useful at times, were just too heavily perfumed for my nose. The sizes were so-so, delivery was great, array was great, but I found myself shipping in a yellow envelope a lot of my samples to my best friend across the country. I'm just not the target market for this type of beauty service.

on 3/28/2015 5:03:00 PM

I got a gift subscription to Birchbox, which was nice. They send you five samples each month. I figured that's $2/sample. Some samples are bigger than others. The first month is an introductory box. These are some of their most popular items. Once you've been notified of your subscription, you take an online survey, and they send you samples based on that. I thought it was a good way to try new products. Not all of the samples were what I would have chosen (dry hair shampoo and perfume). One came with the cap off. ?? At the end of the first month, I got an email where you could preview next months box. Later on in the month, you were able to select something you liked from the preview. Sometimes it's even a special box. However, you have to be quick because they go fast.

Items shipped via USPS have taken 10-15 business days to receive them. Or, it could be more, if the weather is bad or if USPS has temporarily lost the package. I have had the shipping status say that it's arrived at my post office, and it's out for delivery. Nope, I might not get it for another 3-4 days. (This is definitely not priority shipping). Also, they haven't always sent an email when a package has shipped. I got one box out of the blue. Another time they sent and e-mail saying that the item was about to ship, but then no tracking number followed. I figured it had shipped because they charged my credit card. I had to call them to find out the status. Items sent UPS arrive quickly. I have always gotten free shipping. So I don't know how they decide which carrier to use.

Really, I could order products from Korea, and get them here in about the same time.

It's true that you do build up points, and can get products at a lesser price. And, if you don't care how long it takes a package gets to you, it's a good thing. You may be lucky, and they'll ship it UPS.

on 3/26/2015 12:59:00 PM

I Love Birchbox! So glad I signed up for the year of samples! I wasn't sure if I would be happy with it after reading some of the reviews, but it has been great! I find that the sample sizes are very generous, no little foil packets of foundation or perfume cards. If there is a foil packet included, it doesn't count as one of the five samples in your monthly box, it's a little bonus item added in. Best of all, you accrue points to use towards full size purchases!!! I couldn't believe how easy it was to accrue enough points to purchase full size products: just review the samples you received in that month's box and you get points. After being a member for 2 months, I ended up having enough points to purchase a full size Benefit make up product for $4.00! Can't beat that!! The products sampled have been high quality. I could gush about this all day. If you love trying out beauty products and getting them on the cheap, this service is for you.

on 1/13/2015 9:35:00 PM

I was given a subscription to Birchbox by my daughter and have renewed it every year since. They've been pretty spot on with what they've sent me based on the profile I created. Hair care samples/curly hair, makeup galore (eye shadow, lip stick/gloss, foundation, bb cream, blush, mascara, etc.) nail polish, etc.

This month I got Essential Elements body lotion, Full Size Mirenesse Mattfinity Lip Rouge, 15 ml (trial size) Harvey Prince Shower Exfoliator Gel, Sample Sweet Science Invisible Daily Tint, 3.04 oz of Davines Shampoo (they call this a full size product), trial packet of Davines Conditioner and trial sample of Davines Absolute Beautifying potion. All for $10.00.

The products come in a sturdy little box that I use to store a variety of things.

If you're looking to try different types of beauty products and have an extra $10.00/month this is for you.

on 1/13/2015 8:44:00 PM

I love Birchbox! It is such a treat to look forward to each month. The products I get match the profile I filled out when joining. Some of which I would never know about, and some are my favorites. The packaging makes it feel like a mini Christmas! I had one issue with a hair oil leaking in my most recent box. When I called customer service, Cherise handled my call. She was extremely friendly, and is sending me a replacement box with no questions asked! I have recommended Birchbox to several friends and none have been disappointed!

on 1/4/2015 8:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The negative reviews here must be from people who don't actually wear/use make up or skincare products and understand "value". The fact of the matter is that other beauty boxes don't allow you to easily earn back your $10 by spending 15 minutes once per month reviewing the items you got in your box (including those little bonus foil packets) for 50-70 points, giving you 10 points for just receiving the box, and then 20 additional points for tweeting your box once per month and doing the same on FB. Literally spending 10 minutes per months earns you 100 (or more) points = $10 per month to spend in their store....which still earns you ...MORE POINTS.

How can anyone complain about free samples of mid to high-end products with an amazing points system that makes your subscription free each month AND allows you to just shop right there on the same website for the products you've tried (and liked) for a deep discount while adding to your points total?

Sephora and Ulta are AWFUL. I won't set foot in those places despite being a devout lover of hair color, hair cuts (I do my own regardless of difficulty), styling products, make up, and skin care since I was an Elementary student. Those places are rip offs and their products are overpriced.

I can get Benefit and Smashbox on Birchbox for half the price....why would I go to Sephora where uneducated sales associates show that they have zero knowledge in beauty and are just looking for commission? Or order their kits that are filled with fun packaging and no actual useful make up or beauty?

I have never gotten "tea" or sunscreen or any of the things described here. Because I actually filled out my profile and UNCHECKED those boxes for things I'm not interested in receiving.

I love the less heard of and especially the Organic brands they offer. This month I got nearly a full size of Davin Replumping Spray along with the foil packets of their matching shampoo and conditioner, a mini moisturizing liptint, a medium sized (maybe full?) nailpolish in a "flatters everyone" color red, an expensive French facial cream, and a spray-size sample of $100 perfume (I love the perfume samples).

And as long as I review those samples....I got it all for free and get to try-before-I-buy. How can anyone complain about that???

You can always try rip-offs like Glossy who overcharge you for products that you have to go find and pay full price for.....but that defeats the purpose of the beauty-box, my friends!

on 12/14/2014 10:35:00 PM

I went to BoxBirch.com and purchased my subscription. Was everything that I expected it to be. Very friendly customer service. I Love their products!!!

Popular Other Products