December 22, 2014 | 1791 users online

Other - Birchbox

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by ZachSay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I went to BoxBirch.com and purchased my subscription. Was everything that I expected it to be. Very friendly customer service. I Love their products!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by vhe025

So I was really excited to try Birchbox. I finally was able to justify taking the $10 out of my account every month because there were no shipping fees or tax added to the price. Also, I have to travel frequently and figured I could use some sample size products to bring on my flights. BIG MISTAKE! I have received three boxes now and they have barely made an effort. The sample sizes are pathetic. The tubes look incredibly small already and they aren't even fully filled. They don't even give you enough product to decide if you like it. It seems that lotions and perfume are their specialty, probably because they are the cheapest to get. They have you fill out a beauty profile but definitely don't look at it. There are probably a number of set boxes for each month and they just send one at random to each subscriber. I understand the subscription is to try out new and apparently "high-end" products that we would be hesitant to purchase due to the price. However, as I stated before, they do not give you enough product or products you can even use. For some reason I am going to give December a shot. Maybe they will step it up for Christmas. Probably not.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Caitlinlee48

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Birchbox was a HUGE disappointment. After more than 3 mix ups with my delivery during the four months I had a subscription, Birchbox simply stopped responding to my emails. Each time a mix up occurred, the company promised to add points to my account, didn't, and then claimed I'd spent the points on items I never ordered. The company continued to charge my credit card even after confirming that I cancelled my subscription, and when I still had the subscription, sent boxes full of products I had opted out of. Essentially, Birchbox steals the monthly subscription fee from me and refuses to solve the problem. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE SERVICE. All of my friends who subscribed have also cancelled their subscriptions for similar reasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by ToeJam0420

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this subscription! Not only can you get promo codes to help you get started... but you earn points that you can redeem in the store to get stuff for Way cheaper. I just got an order in the mail that I purchased... the total was 102$, I had a promo code for takeoff20 (20% off) plus I had 300 BB Points: I also was eligible for a free 35$ mystery sample pack (10$ for free) SO my total ended up being only 39.60! I got my order yesterday and it was so much fun! However I was missing an item... Contacted customer service and they are shipping me the time ASAP! Plus they added me some points for my trouble! I know a lot of people complain about the sample sizes... however they want you to TRY the product then if you like it buy it! I know one thing I a defiantly trying when we run out is the Oct. women's sample of Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle in full size when my generous sample runs out because it made my daughters hair *which is very thin and tangles easy* easy peezy to brush! They have amazing product! People should not expect a crap ton of full sized products... how will they make money if they give you full sized stuff for free!!!! They samples are generous enough for you to get a couple uses out of to see if you like it... If you find a product you love... Please Buy from Birchbox... they always have promo codes you can use and then there are the points that are just awesome! My opinion of this sub..... You Guys ROCK!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2014 12:50:00 PM More reviews by ar491426

I HATE THIS SUBSCRIPTION!

It amazes me when I see people love this box because I feel like I have missed something.

I have several subscriptions and I definitely compare which ones I like and why. I HAD 4 to be exact: Julep, Ipsy, ELF, and Birchbox. I was told that maybe the first box is not that great so give it a chance...3 boxes later over it was not the word.

It gives the smallest samples sizes you can possibly imagine! When you go to look at the stuff you received it shows the full sized versions so people never know how small the product really is. I wrote that my main interest was my hair and makeup. For some reason Birchbox decided it was in my best interest to receive lotions...not one...not two...but 4. Really? I do not have dry skin and I do not like chemical lotions.

Additionally, they sent me the same product twice! Why would you send me an item each month that I already received, especially since its not that great. I reviewed every item I received but I was really disappointed in this subscription and am so happy i got rid of it. Really horrible. You can probably get 3-5 uses if your lucky out of the samples.

NOT WORTH IT!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Ashaysmom

Not only do I love my monthly birchbox but am in love with the customer service! They have addressed promptly the two issues I have had in a year with two separate products. They went above and beyond both times and stood behind their products with no questions asked! Friendly ordering and the point system is the best! If you are not a birchbox member you are missing out!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2014 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

Add me to the list of former Birchbox subscribers who did not like it. First of all, it is not true that they will not send you things you opt out of. It happened to me numerous times--my profile said that I had curly hair that I ironed straight, yet they kept sending me products for wearing my hair curly. I could not get them on the phone so I sent them an email, which they ignored. I would watch their videos about what was in store for the coming month, and without fail, any time I was looking forward to a particular item, it was not in my box. The reviews on their site are difficult to navigate and watered down. If my review of a product was negative (which happened a lot), I never saw it on the site. They sent constant emails trying to get me to buy things that I either didn't like or didn't get enough of a sample of to know if I did. Bottom line is that I would rather spend the $10 on something that I picked out than to trust a stranger who didn't even look at my online profile.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by christiecatt

I love birchbox! Its like getting presents monthly in mail & I know I'll always like everything & have fun trying it! I even use some of my extras for emergency gifts for others! I recently place a huge order & forgot to click on adding my additional samples & they sent me some extras plus gave me a bunch of birchbox points for the disappointment! I also saved $50 off my order bc you get points just for reviewing the products in your monthly subscription! Birchbox has a life long subscriber in me! I love the adorable packaging too & find myself often reusing it for things around the house, gifts or mailing packages. They have excellent customer service & the monthly birchbox is a geat deal for only $10!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by Shellbabyxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Birchbox is great, it essentially is a way for you to try new products and brands before buying the full sizes. I am a college student so I can not afford to buy the full size items when trying them, I like to sample them first, then if I like it buy it. Which is just what Birchbox does, and they have all of the samples available to be purchased, with free shipping most of the time, and tons of promo's, thank you gifts, and even earn points from your boxes and reviews of the items in your box to earn $ off of your future purchases. You get to make your own beauty profile so Birchbox knows exactly what to send, and what to leave out, and you can always change your beauty profile if you feel like you are getting to much of one thing. For $10 a month and free shipping it cant be beat!! There customer service is fabulous, they have so many vidoes to show you how to use the samples, new tips and style alerts, and even sample picks where you can pick one sample for your box, or have a custom box with all surprises, OR have a box made by a specific designer or special guest! I can ever see myself unscribing to birchbox it is amazing! Some of the samples are even deluxe sixe (use more than once) and some even full size! It is pretty fabulous, I gift there 3 month supscribtions for $30 to all my closet girl friends for wedding gifts, birthdays, Christmas, its a gift that keeps giving.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

What a disappointment Birchbox was. I had heard about it for years and finally decided to try it out and was looking forward to it, even with lackluster reviews. I was not impressed at all when I received the box and cancelled the next day. The brands felt very cheap and not exciting in the least. I filled out my profile online with all my preferences etc. When the box came, the box was the best part (very cute). I received some random mid sized bottle of oil (never heard of the brand, and it looked cheap), a silver eye liner pencil (the color was actually pretty) but I never colored or wear silver liner and had marked that I was more of a "classic makeup person" so silver eyeliner?? I got some cheap feeling pixi peach colored lip balm, and some 3 minute facial serum sample. All unknown brands, or cheap brands. I would have much rather applied my $10 towards a $20-25 makeup item at Sephora that I actually want and would use! If you think about it, $10 a month is $120 a year, which is 3-4 full size HIGH end items you would actually use and love daily rather than sit around in your drawer or trash. I would not recommend Birchbox at all.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No