April 17, 2014 | 1067 users online

Other - LUSH - Toothy Tabs - Sparkle

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by wooedwiththistles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This was my first ever toothy tab purchase. I really liked the sound of the flavor description on the web site, which is a lemon grapefruit flavor. The first time I popped one into my mouth the first thing I noticed was all the foam I got! And it wasn't like a gloppy foam like normal toothpaste it was an airy bubbly foam. The next thing I noticed was the lack of lemon. I was kinda disappointed. Then quite suddenly all the pepper hit me. So much so it kinda burned. When I finished my mouth was still tingly, but very clean. It really got all the plaque off and freshened my breath. And I swear this whitens better then ( insert usual brand of whitening tooth paste here). Yellow stains I had for years are gone. Since then I got Chou Chou I love you which tastes much better but foamed a little less. Which reminds me if you have too much saliva in your mouth these don't foam as well. I really like these and will never go back to normal tooth paste. Can't wait to try all the flavors, And I plan on buying a shampoo tin to put these in because I can tell these boxes won't last long which is the point so I don't mind.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by trishacandice

I decided to spend and entire $2 and go out on a limb to try my first ever non mint toothpaste. Personally, although it definitely does make my teeth feel clean, I'm not big on the taste at all. The lemon grapefruit and pepper flavouring doesn't appeal to me. However do quite like the Chou Chou I love you, and Atomic Toothy Tabs. If you're up for something completely out of the norm, I'd say give Sparkle a whirl, but it's not my thing.. Atomic however does have a chai flavour which I much prefer. The only downfall about the entire Toothy Tab range is that none of the packaging is waterproof, which makes it a bit of a pain. But it is better for the environment.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by metgirlmm

This stuff is awesome! It is a great natural alternative to regular toothpaste. It does not have all of the harsh chemicals in it that normal toothpaste does yet it leaves your teeth shiny, literately shiny. Love this stuff!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

I had these breathe of god...I swallowed it thinking it was a mint! Gross!!! LOL

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I adore lush toothy tabs. Probably one of my top 3 favorite products from this company hands down. This flavor in particular is my second fav next to Chou Chou I Love You. When you initially crunch it up you"ll experience a spicy peppery sensation. That soon fades into a sweet mild citrus type taste (idk...I can't really explain it....you have to just try it). After rinsing, your left with a spicy taste in your mouth. Makes no dam* sense but I love it, and yes it does get rid of morning breath leaving your mouth feeling clean. A must try, if not just for the sheer fun of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Gangajee

Fun, Lovely taste and it actually seems to whiten my teeth. Price is reasonable for a toothpaste !
The only thing is the box if left in damp areas or long time after buying goes quiet rapidly soft and berky ! when it is better when the tabs stays crunchy . enjoyed putting them in a small tin and using them in my travels and offering them to my friends as small funny gift !

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by marthamagic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really don't get why everyone hates these so much!
It quite clearly states that they have pepper in them and yes, the taste does take a few goes to get used to and it isn't the best in the world (hence why I knocked a star off) but the cleaning power of them is unbelievable!
I'm a smoker and through this have aquired some unsightly stains on my front teeth, after using Toothy Tabs for a couple of weeks (I use Chou Chou... I Love You at night for the rose taste and Sparkle in the morning to wake me up!) the stains on my front teeth have nearly gone so I'm sure with continued use they'll disappear eventually.
They also leave my teeth feeling squeaky clean, so much so that I usually can't stop touching my teeth with my tongue!

The packaging isn't very good as it's made of card so if you leave it in a steamy bathroom it'll go soggy but I just tend to keep them in my bedroom and take one tab with me into the bathroom.

I'll definitely be buying these again as they're really cheap (2.50 for 40 tabs) cheaper than other 'whitening' toothpastes that I've bought that haven't worked!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Brookie

I have used toothy tabs as well (not the Sparkle flavor though; good grief, I can't imagine "freshening" my mouth with pepper) and don't like them at all. I got no fizz, no bubbles, no nothing except hard pieces of the tabs in my mouth. No foam. They seem like a complete waste to me. Mint gum would be a much better alternative. *Shrug*

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 12:13:00 AM More reviews by ashton

Let me start off by saying that I actually rate this product a 1 or 2 but since I didn't get an accurate feel of it, I gave it a 3. I bought the Sparkle Toothy Tabs because I was curious and thought they looked pretty cool and a fun alternative to regular toothpaste. Plus, they were only like $3 or something like that. I chose Sparkle because it said they give you fresh breath and make your teeth sparkle...what's not to like? You put them in your mouth and bite into them, then wet your tooth brush and proceed to brush as normal. I bit into the tab and....the taste was overwhelming. I know LUSH products and realize that they rarely add tastes or unnatural fragrances so I wasn't expecting a wonderful taste but I was not prepared for the horrible taste that followed. The worst part was that it set my mouth on fire! I read the package before buying and saw it was "Lemon-Pepper". I thought it was kind of odd, but expected it to me more lemony than peppery. I was wrong...it is all pepper and I really didn't taste any lemon at all. I spit it out immediately and used my regular Crest, the taste was in my mouth for hours though. I tried them one more time for a second chance but still...overwhelmingly bad taste. As far as cleaning my mouth, I'm not sure because I used my regular toothpaste right after to get the disgusting taste out. That is why I cannot accurately give these tabs a rating. As a fan of LUSH products in general, I hate to write a bad review so consider this more of a warning. Maybe the taste won't bother you but just be careful when buying.