Southern Magnolia Minerals Diva Defense Sheer Coverage Mineral Foundation

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This review is for the Diva Defense Shine Stopper. I tried to put my review in under that name, but it wouldn't let me.
This stuff is fabulous. I have suffered with bouts of hormonal oiliness, and this is the first thing I've used that has kept me from the daily meltdown. I apply this under and over my mineral foundation (see review for Southern Magnolia Minerals Diva Defense Full Coverage Foundation). All it takes is a coulple of quick sweeps of this powder to keep everything the way it should be all day long.
LOVE this stuff.

on 12/24/2011 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Southern Magnolia Minerals offers two formulas of foundation: their regular, matte foundation; and this one, Diva Defense Sheer Mineral Foundation, which claims to provide sun protection, light coverage, and a dewy finish.

I usually prefer a full-coverage foundation, but I actually really like this one. I would classify it as light coverage rather than sheer. It's buildable and it is quite creamy feeling and looking on. I love the semi-matte finish. The staying power is par for the course as far as mineral powders go.

In comparison to the original formula, I prefer Diva Defense because it feels more comfortable on my face, which is normal-to-dry. If you're oily, you may prefer the matte finish and oil-absorbing properties of the original formula.

I've also always experienced great customer service and quick shipping from Southern Magnolia Minerals.