Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Shadow

4.3

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

on 7/28/2015 6:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is amazing for my hooded oily eyelids that make each and every eyeshow crease and slip within an hour. I use the taupe-brownish colour as a base for other shadows sometimes, but mostly on its own for an everyday natural look that lasts all day and beyond. i simply smudge it on with my fingers and am ready to go. And so cheap, too!! My total star product - I love love love it and will repurchase as long as maybelline has this on the shelfs.

on 7/25/2015 9:46:00 PM

Very pigmented and very long lasting with a wonderful range of colours, which are all so pretty. I have purchased two of these, a gold and a lovely pink colour (which is my go to colour and I am literally in love with) They stay on really well, maybe if an all day thing thought wear a base coat underneath because I find when I wear it for prolonged periods of time without a base it gets kind of creased in appearance. Also if you leave it without its lid off it will dry out fairly quickly making it unsuable but if it's taken care of and applied properly it's a really great cheap product.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have this is Rose Riot which was a limited edition color. LUCKILY this stuff lasts forever! Just a tiny bit creates an opaque base for my shadows that doesn't crease! I have majorly oily lids and this stays put like super glue, but comes off easy with a makeup wipe.

on 7/22/2015 2:32:00 PM

Have this product in 40- Permanent Taupe and absolutely love it. Glides on really smoothly, has a beautiful color in the pot and after it dries out on the lids. Very affordable, especially on the sales. Love, love, love, want to try more of these.

on 7/20/2015 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

High-quality eye shadow! Pretty colors, long lasting, and uber cheap. You definitely don't need to splash out money on cream shadow as this product is already the winner. I myself wear shade inked in pink, such a gorgeous glowy natural color for a natural/ no makeup look.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I love this shadow. I have it in "Just Beige" and it offers a natural, long lasting, everyday formula. The packaging is so cute and I love how you can often just apply it with your fingers due to the nice creamy texture. Great product.

on 7/12/2015 2:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Really impressed with this drugstore eyeshadow cream! I have the Vintage Plum (from the Leather line) and Painted Purple. The Painted Purple goes on smooth as silk, but is a bit sheer and requires a second layer after drying. The Vintage Plum has more pigmentation, but is a little gluier and thus more difficult to apply.

However, both look much more expensive than they are, last the entire day (and night, if need be), and though they dry quickly they do not dry out delicate eyelid skin. And yet they are in no way greasy. Miracle creams.

I highly recommend Vintage Plum for hazel or green eyes and Painted Purple for fair skin.

The more translucent colors make terrific primers.

on 7/3/2015 10:39:00 AM

I really like these cream shadows. I typically use a primer underneath these, my eyelids are too oily for me to do otherwise. These definitely help to make eyeshadows pop, especially if I'm trying to do a particularly "shimmery" look. They are also good if you just want to quickly put something on the lids without doing an in depth eyeshadow look (one shadow look, essentially). I would definitely buy these in the future, but I don't really use them too often now as it is. I typically use MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly underneath most shadows since I don't really reach for a shimmery base all that often. The MAC Paint Pots are much more drying than the Maybelline ones, but the Maybelline ones tend to slip a bit on my lids even with a primer.

on 7/1/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was watching Youtube a few months back, and noticed that everyone was talking about these Maybelline's Color Tattoo shadows. So after seeing a few of the Youtube Guru's mentioning this product and doing makeup tutorials, I decided to give this a shot.

I picked up two at my local Shoppers Drugmart. I first bought Tough as Taupe because I like the matte greyish brown/purply color and figured I could do a few matte eye looks with this. I then went back and picked up Bad to the Bronze after seeing Makeup by TiffanyD doing an everyday-go-to eyeshadow tutorial.

These Color Tattoo's come in a .14oz glass jar. You can buy these in three different types of variations. Either in metal, cream gel or leather textures and colors. The two colors I have come in the cream gel form. They are soft to the touch. However I noticed that the Bad to the Bronze which is a shimmer stain finish is much softer then Tough as Taupe which is a very matte color. Both swatch well and are easy to apply. I like to apply these two eyeshadows with my Blank Canvas Cosmetics F17 brush. Since these are cream and not powder eyeshadows, they apply better with a concealer type brush since the bristles are designed and used to pick up and blend cream products.

These cream shadows have amazing staying power. When I swatched both these eyeshadows and went to wipe them off, they didn't move. I had to wash the back of my hand really hard a couple of times before it came off. I actually gave in and used makeup remover as it didn't come off completely with soap and water. It stood all day and didn't move, crease or budge on my eyes. I was amazed at their staying power and blendability. They didn't crease throughout the day and really held their pigmentation. They are very creamy and apply well. However those that are matte tend be a little less creamier then the shimmer ones. Nonetheless, applying them to my lid was no big deal.

The only problem I have with cream eyeshadows is that they tend to dry out very quickly. So unless you are using them everyday, don't except these to last more then a year. However for the price, it makes it possible to toss them out and buy new ones year after year.

I would totally recommend these if you are in the market for new cream eyeshadows. Maybelline really stands out here with their textures and colors. There are 20 shades in total in the line, with the exception of the limited edition ones they put out here and there. Also, something to keep in mind, I have noticed that some of the colors and textures that are sold in the USA are either not sold in Canada or sold in a different color and form.

on 7/1/2015 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product. They are my holy grail eye product. They are creamy and glide onto your eye smoothly. They last all day and there pigmentation is there right through. I have had mine for over a year and they still haven't dried out and have stayed in same condition as first bought.

Video Reviews & Tutorials