April 16, 2014 | 1777 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Illusion D'Ombre - Illusoire

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Miek

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful, beautiful colour. I watched a video of Lisa Elderidge and saw her using this colour. It is a very sophisticated colour, especially with my hazel/greenish eyes. You can use it for every occasion. For keeps!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by kaycee66

Off to the department store I went to go buy Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation as I was out (will leave a foundation at a later time), and once I was color-matched by the SA, she asked if I used eye shadow. I told her I do not regularly, but we both agreed it didn't hurt to give it a try.

I told her I wanted a taupey-mauvey colour, and I think she chose the exact colour I was looking for. Depending on the lighting, it's a taupe-mauve-grey colour with shimmer.

The few dabs that she put on my lids made such a difference in my look, and really brought depth to my eyes. To my surprise, all that sparkle did not make me look like a disco ball, and I find it very appropriate for all occasions, including work, and during the day. I can't say that I love a lot of packaging, but Chanel produced a very elegant glass pot for this beautiful, buildable shadow.

PROS:

- buildable - can be a very light layer, or an intense one on your lids
- the shimmer adds depth as opposed to sparkles all over your eyes
- this colour is truly beautiful, and I can only see it being a universal colour that is appealing on all
- texture is very soft, almost spongy on the touch, and easy to apply
- great packaging, and I think there's a lot of product in the pot

CONS:

- I agree with many that it does not last very long. If I apply many layers, it will last me until the end of the day, but it usually fades by the afternoon, and leaves slight shimmer, but not much colour. Note that I do not wear primer
- Is quite expensive for something I do not wear daily

TIPS:

- Wear primer, maybe? Or don't dust your eyelids with powder before, perhaps leave it with your moisturizer/sunscreen so it can stick better
- I find that dabbing my finger and applying (also by dabbing) is more effective and intense, versus sliding my finger on the surface of the product and sliding it on my eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I bought this eyeshadow last year I thought I had added another HG to my make up collection. The shade is a dazzling combination of grey and purple and you can achieve a smokey eye in 5 minutes flat. Really flattering and unique, not your usual grey and in an interesting formula, a hybrid between soft cream and powder. Acceptable lasting power if used with UDPP. Fast forward six months and the shade seems to have lost its pigmentation making it quite sheer and impossible to build up. Very disappointed. Wish they made smaller pots because you're never going to use it up in enough time before the magic has gone. Buy it and share it with a friend!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This and the Emerville colour is probably the better out of the collection. This e/s is as others have mentioned a purple with silver sparkles. Regardless of how much i like this colour and the feel of the e/s (silky smooth texture that is so easy to blend and apply), it does crease in a few hours. Similar to the other 2 colours that i own, it also dried up after a few months of purchase and was useless. For this reason, I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by dudisea

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the color so two lippies but that's it. It doesn't last. The shimmer stays and color fades by noon. I'm not going to layer a cream shadow with a primer. I use cream shadows because they're easy, faster to apply and they stay on. This does not deliver.
Also I lost the little loose lid in between the pot and the main lid and the product shrivelled up inside the pot. It's not practical at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2013 3:56:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Considering the beautiful colour that is in the pot, I was hoping that would translate the same on the lids, it doesn't. This looks dark purple in the pot, but on the lids it looks more silver grey with tiny shimmers running through it.

I used it with and without a base (mac soft ochre) and found it lasted okay, but it's not as opaque as I would have hoped considering the high price tag, I'd rather wear a loreal infallible over this. The base helped the colour show up more, but it does really look more like grey/silver shimmers than anything else.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by officeralice

This is a very pretty sparkly purple colour glides on well whether applied with a brush or finger. However considering the cost and the brand, the staying power is not great - applied at 6am - creasing and gone by 10am. You can get cheaper options that work better. Disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by NikkiDagger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm not as impressed with the formula as others seem to be, but I do appreciate that it's something different. Illusoire is a beautiful color in the jar & I wish that it looked exactly the same once applied. Unfortunately it's not as intense & pigmented as I wanted it to be and the multi-colored shimmer doesn't show up anywhere near as much I had hoped it would. IMO it looks better over a black base. Even then, it doesn't look as good as I'd imagined it would, though. I am NC42/C5 and think that fairer people will probably enjoy Illusoire the most.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by lnielsen22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful, beautiful, truly splendid color. My favorite out of everything I have ever put on my eyes (and I've tried thousands of brands and colors!). I have never seen such a sophisticated, edgy, stunning color as this with green eyes. This color not only makes my green eye color pop but it opens up my eyes as well (and I have hooded, small eyes). I was sold on it when I saw Lisa Eldridge do a youtube video featuring this color worn alone, demonstrated as a very quick but chic look. She is right. You get just that with this color.

I find it very easy to blend and work with. It's like blending satin onto your skin. It is not as dark or nearly as bling-y as it looks in the jar. It goes on a lovely taupey gray with purple undertones and the sparkle is subtle, not overkill at all. You can build it and you will get more of a charcoal gray out of it. And a beautiful smokey eye to boot.

It is a GREAT color to wear for day on its own. That is what I bought it for. I dab my middle finger lightly into it about four times and then apply it all over my lid, in the crease, and build it up a tiny bit in the outer V with a MAC 217. I blend it a bit with the 217 as well. Then a light swipe of it under my eyes using the brush that comes with it (which is really only good for just this... it's too small and stiff for anything else). Black mascara, a defined brow. Done.

The only cons to this product are that it does not seem to last long as other reviewers have noted. I am going to try it with a primer though and see if that will help. I'll update this review if the primer works. And the price is insane. I can't believe I spent almost $ 50 on a single eye shadow! However, the color is so dang pretty I think the price was worth it. I seriously have not seen anything like this ever.

If you have green eyes, try this and be prepared to fall in love with your reflection.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:56:00 AM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased these in Illusoire, Mirifique and Fantasme. Illusoire really caught my eye because of its gorgeous shimmery purplish gray color.
I have used it on its own and with the other colors for a smokey eye look, and it is very blendable without getting creasey. However, llusoires beautiful color in the pan turns more dark gray on my lids with no hint of the purple I spied in the pan. And I use my primer underneath and the color has faded after about 3 hours, so my lids look slightly dirty with flecks of glitter only remaining of the eyeshadow.